PDA

View Full Version : The world ends on Saturday?

JudynTX
05-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Get your drink on then! :toast

Ignore them. Just be a good person and live life to the fullest -- every day.

A startling billboard has been blaring its message outside of my town, claiming that Jesus Christ will be returning on May 21. This is certainly alarming. We are all going to know quite soon whether or not this splinter group of Christianity is correct.

I can't resist commenting on this matter, yet another prediction by an off-shoot group of the end of all things. As a leader within the Christian community, I am frustrated by these followers of the well-financed and self-proclaimed prophet Harold Camping. I believe they are perpetrating a spiritual abuse upon their own people and an emotional abuse upon the rest of the population.

They can be seen at the Mall of America, accosting people with tracts. They are zipping around the country in RVs, vans and cars in order to frighten people into belief. These are people who have canceled insurance policies, sold their homes, left their jobs, liquidated their assets and bankrupted their own children's future because they have become completely convinced that the end time is set -- for Saturday.

When they speak of Christ's return, they mean to say that cataclysmic events are just around the corner. He's not coming for afternoon tea. He's coming, and, boy, is he ever ticked off! There will be earthquakes (so says Harold Camping), starting next Saturday evening and rolling across the planet. And the good people that God prefers will be swept up (we can assume Harold and his followers have an assurance that they'll be included), while the bad people will be left to witness the destruction of all things. No doubt Harold would number me in that hapless latter group.

There have been a great many predictions of the end times throughout human history. Some Christians I meet seem to relish the thought, believing it is a great mark of faith to be anxious and even prayerful about the end of all things.

I am a believer, eager to place my future in God's hands. But I also note Scripture passages that speak of God so loving this world, or calling the creation "good," or plainly pointing out that Christ came to us that we might have abundant life.

More to the point, there is a passage from Matthew 24:36 that insists we cannot know the day and the hour of the end of all things, for that is a mystery, known only to God.

This is why I believe it is abusive for some Christian extremists to try to panic people with their claims to have cracked some secret code and to have been given some secret knowledge. It is abusive for them to foist their anxious predictions of apoplectic apocalypse upon the rest of us.

To my fellow Christians, I ask you to not give in to such fears and instead to remember that God has the whole world in his hands. To people of other faiths, and even people who make no claim of faith: I want you to know there are a great many Christians out here who don't buy into the scare tactics. Please know that many of us wish to work side by side with you in caring for creation and for the good of all people.

Allow me to quote Britney Spears, whose latest song reinforces my own outlook. She sings: "Keep on dancing till the world ends." That is a good notion to share with the doomsayers. Even if the end is imminent, we should dance, work, play, share, give, care -- all those things that make this life sweet and beautiful.

I'll offer one more quote, this time from the weighty mind of the reformer Martin Luther, who said, when asked what he would do if he knew the world was to end tomorrow, "I'd plant a tree today."

That makes sense to me. Celebrate this beautiful life to its fullest and give thanks for the joy of this new day. And go ahead and look forward to the plans you've made for Saturday. I plan to plant some peas and onions in my garden.

Josh Nelson is pastor of Spirit of Joy Lutheran Church in Buffalo, Minn.

link (http://http://www.startribune.com/opinion/otherviews/122067229.html)

lefty
05-18-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm not Christian, so...

Viva Las Espuelas
05-18-2011, 04:43 PM
I wonder which timezone.

monosylab1k
05-18-2011, 04:49 PM
They are zipping around the country in RVs, vans and cars in order to frighten people into belief.

As opposed to this guy who stands at a pulpit every Sunday in order to frighten people into belief.

AnthonyM
05-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Apparently the same guy from this same group made a similar prediction back in the '90s.

We're still here so...

Drachen
05-18-2011, 05:07 PM
I wonder which timezone.

Each one. It will start in New Zealand and travel around the planet. Hitting each time zone at 6pm. Pretty cool, we will get something like a 16 hour warning so we can go to confession, or whatever. (you know everyone is going to party for 15 hours, then try to find a priest)

BlackSwordsMan
05-18-2011, 05:09 PM
unprotected sex anyone?
I mean anyone.

Rip-Hamilton32
05-18-2011, 05:20 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8PoF9PhsCoc/Tc9wlDzvcqI/AAAAAAAAATs/Rz1zV698P64/s1600/Family-Radio-Judgment-Day-May-21.jpg

Rip-Hamilton32
05-18-2011, 05:20 PM
the terminator is coming

Smiling Bob
05-18-2011, 05:33 PM
the terminator is coming

His coming is what got him in trouble.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-18-2011, 05:34 PM
the terminator is coming

This time, Maria will know about it.

DMC
05-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Anyone care to ELE bet on the world ending Saturday?

Leetonidas
05-18-2011, 05:59 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8PoF9PhsCoc/Tc9wlDzvcqI/AAAAAAAAATs/Rz1zV698P64/s1600/Family-Radio-Judgment-Day-May-21.jpg

:lmao:lmao:lmao @ "The Bible Guarantees It!"

No it doesn't you fucking idiots, it even says directly in the Bible that only God knows when he will return. Not that I believe in that shit but come on these dumbfucks are seriously reaching for something that's not there.

2pac > Kobe
05-18-2011, 06:02 PM
read about this a couple months ago, some people say its the end

other say its a fuckin big ass earthquake in LA

rr2418
05-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Awwww, man! No more football or Spurs b-ball??? :depressed

Wild Cobra
05-18-2011, 06:23 PM
I think I was the first here to mention March 21. Still, posted it as levity.

How many times in our history was the world suppose to end?

Besides. 5/21/11 is suppose to be the rapture. Not the apocalypse.

3/2/11 post:

5/21/11 is the rapture. Heard it on Coast to Coast AM yesterday, must be true. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5019607&postcount=431)

3/14/11:

Not yet. The rapture is 5/21/11. We still have almost 10 weeks. The world ends sometime after that. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5053948&postcount=755)

3/30/11:

Everyone knows the rapture is 5/21/11.... Just google the date! (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5093372&postcount=5)

4/20/11:

That's OK since the rapture is next month. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5153715&postcount=7)

5/4/11:

Ah yes. the rapture.

You're late at bringing it up:

3/2/11 (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5209358&postcount=28)

SpursNextRomanEmpire
05-18-2011, 06:39 PM
I think I was the first here to mention March 21. Still, posted it as levity.

Congrats man :toast

JoeChalupa
05-18-2011, 06:53 PM
I'll be grillin' on the 22nd....anyone else?

HighLowLobForBig-50
05-18-2011, 06:55 PM
why dont you ask cleverbot what will happen on saturday
http://cleverbot.com/

2pac > Kobe
05-18-2011, 07:03 PM
why dont you ask cleverbot what will happen on saturday
http://cleverbot.com/
i said hi he thought for a second then said No.

HighLowLobForBig-50
05-18-2011, 07:05 PM
jew gotta ax him (in whatever wording you want) what will happen this sauturday , may 21st 2011

2pac > Kobe
05-18-2011, 07:09 PM
jew gotta ax him (in whatever wording you want) what will happen this sauturday , may 21st 2011
here was our conversation

User: Hi.

Cleverbot: No.

User: Hi.

Cleverbot: Holá.

User: Hows it going.

Cleverbot: No.

User: Fuck you.

Cleverbot: What?

User: You heard me.

Cleverbot: No :).

User: Whats going to happen saturday.

Cleverbot: I'm going to go.

User: Fuck you.

Cleverbot: Yes please!

User: Ok where?

Cleverbot: Ok where.

User: At my place?

Cleverbot: I'm at your place?

User: Do you want to fuck at my place.

Cleverbot: So you are athiest?

User: Stfu.

Cleverbot: I don't understand that word.

Sisk
05-18-2011, 07:48 PM
User: What will happen May 21st, 2011?

Cleverbot: I cannot predict the future.

User: If you had to guess what would happen what would you say?

Cleverbot: 26.

User: What a shitty prediction.

Cleverbot: Anything.

User: What about anything?

Cleverbot: Nothing about everything.

BlackSwordsMan
05-18-2011, 08:02 PM
User: A/s/l.

Cleverbot: 18/m/ME.

BlackSwordsMan
05-18-2011, 08:02 PM
then it froze

Trainwreck2100
05-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Perfect time to have my left behind watch party

Drachen
05-18-2011, 08:40 PM
I bet all of those people who bought rapture pet insurance feel vindicated now!!!! (Yes its a real thing)

HighLowLobForBig-50
05-18-2011, 08:42 PM
you sons and dots keep an eye on this page and you'll be fine
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

HighLowLobForBig-50
05-18-2011, 10:34 PM
read about this a couple months ago, some people say its the end

other say its a fuckin big ass earthquake in LA

could be in LA. but they have people like myself looking to the center of the country. ie new madrid fault line . between the outta control fracking for natural gas (that i think they actually were forced to stop), haarp being off the charts,all the may earthquake predictions,the BP oil disaster, very strange weather radar anomalies, the coincidental flooding of that region, FEMA's current NLE in the region, all the transformer explosions.. and on and on and.... i think i'll be watching things this weekend.

but it could all be a distraction

xellos88330
05-18-2011, 10:45 PM
I remember watching a documentary about a cult that quit their jobs, sold their homes and all that stuff because the world was going to end. Then when the time it was supposed to happen came and went, they all come out holding candles and singing. The cult leader then says that it was the end of the world his followers knew, and a new beginning for them all in a whole new spiritual world.

Then the followers eat up that crock of shit. No job, no car, no house, and now the only person they can rely on is their preacher. Talk about getting people wrapped around your finger. Now they have subjected themselves to a form of religious slavery to a man who is probably eventually going to knock up their underage daughters, wives, and lead them all to kill themselves once all the money stockpiled by the sale of homes and all that other shit, finally runs out.

RandomGuy
05-19-2011, 08:42 AM
I wonder which timezone.

Probably the one that goes through Israel.

For those who are uninformed or need diagrams and shit to explain the whole thing:

http://www.metro.us/newyork/all%20usa%20cities/article/864172--may-21-doomsday-behold-the-judgment-day-diagrams

cheguevara
05-19-2011, 08:48 AM
http://www.aftertherapturepetcare.com/

Dear Fellow Christian:

As the Apostle Paul describes in Thessalonians as quoted above, at some point in the future Jesus will come in the air, catch up the Church from the earth, and then return to heaven with the Church. This is known as the Rapture and it will be glorious. But what of our pets? Who will take care of our pets when we're gone?

I'm Sharon Moss, and I'd like to help answer that question. First, let me tell you a story.

I agreed – it’s a real concern, and a legitimate concern. Our pets are given to us by God for us to care for. We are stewards of their lives. Should we simply forget them at the Rapture, allow them to starve or worse?

_OySl4D7S4U

RandomGuy
05-19-2011, 08:53 AM
I remember watching a documentary about a cult that quit their jobs, sold their homes and all that stuff because the world was going to end. Then when the time it was supposed to happen came and went, they all come out holding candles and singing. The cult leader then says that it was the end of the world his followers knew, and a new beginning for them all in a whole new spiritual world.

Then the followers eat up that crock of shit. No job, no car, no house, and now the only person they can rely on is their preacher. Talk about getting people wrapped around your finger. Now they have subjected themselves to a form of religious slavery to a man who is probably eventually going to knock up their underage daughters, wives, and lead them all to kill themselves once all the money stockpiled by the sale of homes and all that other shit, finally runs out.

Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding conflicting ideas simultaneously. The theory of cognitive dissonance proposes that people have a motivational drive to reduce dissonance. They do this by changing their attitudes, beliefs, and actions.[2] Dissonance is also reduced by justifying, blaming, and denying. It is one of the most influential and extensively studied theories in social psychology.

The most famous case in the early study of cognitive dissonance was described by Leon Festinger and others in the book When Prophecy Fails.[3] The authors infiltrated a group that was expecting the imminent end of the world on a certain date. When that prediction failed, the movement did not disintegrate, but grew instead. By sharing cult beliefs with others, they gained acceptance and thus reduced their own dissonance (see further discussion below).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognative_dissonance

This will not be the first set of diappointed religious nutjobs looking for an explanation as to why their interpretation of a Magic Book was wrong and why the Magic Man in the Sky changed His mind.

Nor, sadly, will it be the last.

Blake
05-19-2011, 08:54 AM
Awwww, man! No more football or Spurs b-ball??? :depressed

And the mavericks were in such great shape to win it all.

That's a shame.

JudynTX
05-19-2011, 09:28 AM

:lol

Summers
05-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Besides. 5/21/11 is suppose to be the rapture. Not the apocalypse.

I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but the apocalypse is in November, yes? So, we get left behind this weekend, but not violently murdered for a few more months. I think.

Summers
05-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Probably the one that goes through Israel.

For those who are uninformed or need diagrams and shit to explain the whole thing:

http://www.metro.us/newyork/all%20usa%20cities/article/864172--may-21-doomsday-behold-the-judgment-day-diagrams

Wow. Someone put a whole lotta time into that.

Here is some very practical advice:

hmX-lZOYcVA

mrsmaalox
05-19-2011, 10:03 AM

hmX-lZOYcVA

That's a cute video "if you think you are in any danger of being taken up by Jesus" :lol

mrsmaalox
05-19-2011, 10:31 AM
And I'm perfectly willing to assume responsibility and provide a loving home to a raptured person's pet; does anyone know if there is some kind of registry I can sign up on to assume responsibility for other important items like pool tables or nice patio furniture?

RandomGuy
05-19-2011, 10:37 AM

hmX-lZOYcVA

:lmao

Cancel your newspaper subscriptions, because it would be awfully inconveniencing to the damned if they were forced to deliver the sunday specials to your front door step every week.

RandomGuy
05-19-2011, 10:39 AM

Post-rapture gtg of the damned at your house? I can bring a case of Shiner as my entrance fee. Promise I will not be the first to bring up politics. So help me... um...

RandomGuy
05-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Interesting news article on Rapture parties planned. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20110519/sc_livescience/rapturepartiesplannedtocelebratedoomsdaysaturdayma y21)

A Web group called TalkAndAct.com is sponsoring a Rapture party because "skeptics, activists, comedians and others don't believe his apocalyptic warning for one second," organizers said in a statement Wednesday. The live streaming "Judgment Day Party" will start at 00:00:01 on May 21 and run until midnight, other events permitting, of course.

boutons_deux
05-19-2011, 12:37 PM
It's the fault of the fags

http://www.rawstory.com/rs//wp-content/uploads/2011/05/haroldcamping1-screengrab.jpg

Harold Camping is predicting the world will end on May 21, and insists that he has proof.

"God has given us an enormous amount of proof, like the gay pride movement and the extraordinary amount of wickedness in the world," the 89-year-old founder of the Family Stations Christian radio network recently told SF Weekly's Alan Scherstuhl.

That belief might explain why Camping authored a paper (PDF) last year titled "Gay Pride: Planned by God as a Sign of the End."

The group has even purchased RVs to drive across the U.S., sharing their prediction of doom.

"The world-wide success of the Gay Pride/Same Sex Marriage movement is a dramatic sign provided by God to warn the world that the world is on the threshold of Judgment Day," he wrote.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/05/19/doomsday-leader-says-gay-pride-is-proof-the-world-will-end/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

marini martini
05-19-2011, 01:07 PM
And I'm perfectly willing to assume responsibility and provide a loving home to a raptured person's pet; does anyone know if there is some kind of registry I can sign up on to assume responsibility for other important items like pool tables or nice patio furniture?

:lmao You still interested in that Chihuahua???

:cell

phyzik
05-19-2011, 02:25 PM
w-SINMa13aA

TMTTRIO
05-19-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm a Christian but it's interesting that people like this can predict the ending of times when Matt. 24:36 says "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven,[e] but My Father only." It then goes on to talk about how it'll be like a thief in the night and that if an owner knew the time and hour the thief would come he would be ready for it. Now as for this rapture stuff 2 Peter 3:10 says "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up." This makes it sound like it's going to be quick and done with. Now having said that the world could end tonight if God wanted to. Are you ready to face God in judgement for the things that we've done? In 2 Peter 3:9 it says that God is not slack with his promises but is long suffering hoping that all will come to repentence.

clambake
05-19-2011, 04:59 PM
why would god judge something he created?

Rip-Hamilton32
05-19-2011, 05:29 PM
allah save us all hahaha lol religion

CubanMustGo
05-19-2011, 06:41 PM
I just want to say that, given the bit about it being harder for a rich man to get into the kingdom of God than for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, that I will be accepting any and all donations between now and the 21st.

IronMaxipad
05-19-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm a Christian but it's interesting that people like this can predict the ending of times when Matt. 24:36 says "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven,[e] but My Father only." It then goes on to talk about how it'll be like a thief in the night and that if an owner knew the time and hour the thief would come he would be ready for it. Now as for this rapture stuff 2 Peter 3:10 says "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up." This makes it sound like it's going to be quick and done with. Now having said that the world could end tonight if God wanted to. Are you ready to face God in judgement for the things that we've done? In 2 Peter 3:9 it says that God is not slack with his promises but is long suffering hoping that all will come to repentence.

Who the fuck is Matt?

Trainwreck2100
05-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Jesus's cousin

Wild Cobra
05-19-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but the apocalypse is in November, yes? So, we get left behind this weekend, but not violently murdered for a few more months. I think.
I don't know when the most recent nutcase predicted the apocalypse. Just that they think Saturday is the rapture.

Wild Cobra
05-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Me too...

HighLowLobForBig-50
05-19-2011, 08:24 PM
rapture is a made up word.
there are 3 events that people made up one word for
pre mid and post. all different view points of the rapture.
rapture is a made up word

IronMaxipad
05-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Gonna be busy watching boxing on sat. tbh.

DMC
05-19-2011, 08:33 PM
Jesus just left Chicago... He's bound for Miami.

phyzik
05-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Who the fuck is Matt?

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/chris-duel/files/2011/03/MattBonner.jpg

Nathan Explosion
05-19-2011, 10:44 PM
The thing about what they're saying about the Rapture is that it says that the non believers while suffer 5 months of torment under the rule of Jesus.

I'm no biblical scholar, but I thought Jesus was a man of love and peace. The Old Testament God was a vengeful god, but Jesus was a man who preached love, peace and tolerance. I highly doubt he'd sanction any pain and suffering in his name.

redzero
05-19-2011, 10:46 PM
The thing about what they're saying about the Rapture is that it says that the non believers while suffer 5 months of torment under the rule of Jesus.

I'm no biblical scholar, but I thought Jesus was a man of love and peace. The Old Testament God was a vengeful god, but Jesus was a man who preached love, peace and tolerance. I highly doubt he'd sanction any pain and suffering in his name.

Isn't Jesus God? Did he have a change of heart between the Old and New Testaments?

Nathan Explosion
05-19-2011, 10:50 PM
I don't know when the most recent nutcase predicted the apocalypse. Just that they think Saturday is the rapture.

The guy who made the prediction that the Rapture is tomorrow had originally predicted that it would take place in 1994. Unless the baseball strike was the rapture, he has no credibility considering he was off by 17 years according to him.

Nathan Explosion
05-19-2011, 10:52 PM
Isn't Jesus God? Did he have a change of heart between the Old and New Testaments?

Jesus is not God, but God's son. But the Old Testament is the "word of God" and was a jealous and vengeful god.

The New Testament is the "word of Jesus" and he preaches love and peace. Not to mention that Jesus, the man who wants everyone to love everyone and not judge, will be overseeing this pain and suffering.

Again, not a biblical scholar or even a practicing Catholic, but the Jesus I was taught about wouldn't do such a thing.

redzero
05-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Jesus is not God, but God's son.

That's heretical.

Nathan Explosion
05-19-2011, 10:56 PM
That's heretical.

Not heresy. Jesus was a man. He says so himself. He was the son of God, not God.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

In the name of the Father (God), the Son (Jesus)...

redzero
05-19-2011, 10:58 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b3/Shield-Trinity-Scutum-Fidei-English.svg

Are you a Christian? How does a Christian not know this?

Nathan Explosion
05-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Don't forget that Christians follow Jesus as the messiah, but are also monotheistic. To say that God is God and Jesus is God is not the same. I know they're supposed to be of the same essence and what not, but they are two separate entities. Jesus was begotten by God and therefore a separate entity from God.

Can't worship the two and be monotheistic at the same time. Pretty basic really. Anything else contrary to that is rationalizations imo.

redzero
05-19-2011, 11:00 PM
Then you aren't really a Christian.

Nathan Explosion
05-19-2011, 11:06 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b3/Shield-Trinity-Scutum-Fidei-English.svg

Are you a Christian? How does a Christian not know this?

I was baptized a Catholic, but in my childhood innocence I once asked my mom that if God is everywhere, then why do we need to go to church to worship him?

It's a belief I still hold today. If he is omnipresent, going to a building that was built with the money of the "believers" is not necessary to prove your faith. Besides, some of the priests, bishops, cardinals and even the Pope live better than Jesus, a carpenter who lived in poverty while his disciple on Earth lives in lavishness and luxury.

Again, the essence of God is not God. It's just a rationalization as to why we should listen to the word of a man, especially when that word written years after his death and has been translated no less than 5 times. You mean to tell me that the translations are exact all 5 times? Bullshit.

Anyway, it's 11 p.m. and I'm not about to get dragged into a theology debate because it's just not worth the time in effort.

So say what you want, but again, Jesus and God are separate entities and therefore not the same. God cannot be both God and Jesus. Jesus was born, not created, to a human. Jesus was a man.

Nathan Explosion
05-19-2011, 11:09 PM
Then you aren't really a Christian.

I never said I was. I don't believe that God does or doesn't exist. I believe that we just don't know.

However, the guy making this prediction was wrong 17 years ago. Why should he be right now?

Isaac Newton (a guy that history hasn't forgotten) said that the Rapture will take place on or after 2060. Why should we trust this guy over Isaac Newton. And doesn't the bible also say that only God knows when the rapture is taking place, not even him.

The primary scripture reference cited against this position is Matthew 24:36, where Jesus is quoted saying; "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only" (RSV).

Again, also notice the distinction between the Father and the Son? Why?

Okay, I'm done now.

redzero
05-19-2011, 11:09 PM
Then you are not a Christian.

As a side note, I don't believe in God at all.

redzero
05-19-2011, 11:20 PM
I don't believe in this rapture nonsense, so I'm not going to defend it. I wouldn't assume that Isaac Newton's opinion holds more weight than this loony, because this isn't a subject either of them know when the world will end.

And I'm not going to argue about a the trinity, since you aren't a Christian anyway.

Insomniac
05-20-2011, 12:44 AM
Earthquakes happen everyday but if I hear of a severe one on Saturday I'm going to shit my pants.

IronMaxipad
05-20-2011, 02:14 AM
Atheists offer pet help after Judgment Day

WHEN Judgment Day comes - which some US Christian fundamentalists insist will happen on Saturday - have you thought about what you're going to do with the family dog and cat?
In 26 US states, you could have them rescued and adopted by enterprising atheists who have set up a business to care for the animal companions of any Christians who are selected to go to heaven when Jesus Christ comes back.
"You've committed your life to Jesus. You know you're saved. But when the Rapture comes, what's to become of your loving pets who are left behind?" Eternal Earth-Bound Pets says on its website, offering to "take that burden off your mind".

http://www.news.com.au/technology/atheists-offer-pet-help-after-judgment-day/story-e6frfro0-1226058673384

:tu

Summers
05-20-2011, 08:45 AM
It's the fault of the fags

http://www.rawstory.com/rs//wp-content/uploads/2011/05/haroldcamping1-screengrab.jpg

Harold Camping is predicting the world will end on May 21, and insists that he has proof.

"God has given us an enormous amount of proof, like the gay pride movement and the extraordinary amount of wickedness in the world," the 89-year-old founder of the Family Stations Christian radio network recently told SF Weekly's Alan Scherstuhl.

That belief might explain why Camping authored a paper (PDF) last year titled "Gay Pride: Planned by God as a Sign of the End."

The group has even purchased RVs to drive across the U.S., sharing their prediction of doom.

"The world-wide success of the Gay Pride/Same Sex Marriage movement is a dramatic sign provided by God to warn the world that the world is on the threshold of Judgment Day," he wrote.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/05/19/doomsday-leader-says-gay-pride-is-proof-the-world-will-end/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

It's always those meddling gays!

Can't tell if you're serious.

cheguevara
05-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Earthquakes happen everyday but if I hear of a severe one on Saturday I'm going to shit my pants.

don't be stupid. even if there is an earthquake 5-7 it's just a fucking coincidence. :bang

Texas_Ranger
05-20-2011, 09:17 AM

:bang:lmao

JudynTX
05-20-2011, 09:19 AM
I was wondering when this thread would take a quick right turn. :lol

Nathan Explosion
05-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Edit: I'm so tired I'm a day ahead. Oops. :sleep

RandomGuy
05-20-2011, 09:53 AM
The guy who made the prediction that the Rapture is tomorrow had originally predicted that it would take place in 1994. Unless the baseball strike was the rapture, he has no credibility considering he was off by 17 years according to him.

As noted before when people make ironclad (apologies to ICM) predictions that are easily falsifiable like that they always find some reason that they were wrong.

The most famous case in the early study of cognitive dissonance was described by Leon Festinger and others in the book When Prophecy Fails.[3] The authors infiltrated a group that was expecting the imminent end of the world on a certain date. When that prediction failed, the movement did not disintegrate, but grew instead. By sharing cult beliefs with others, they gained acceptance and thus reduced their own dissonance (see further discussion below).

The thought, "I " is dissonant with the self-related belief, "I am a smart, reasonable person who makes good decisions." [B]Because it is often easier to make excuses than it is to change behavior, dissonance theory leads to the conclusion that humans are sometimes rationalizing and not always rational beings.

People want to believe in irrational things to make themselves feel better.

That doesn't make irrational beliefs right.

MelGibson
05-20-2011, 10:28 AM
don't be stupid. even if there is an earthquake 5-7 it's just a fucking coincidence. :bang

People break down into two groups.
When they experience something lucky, group number one sees it as more than luck, more than coincidence. They see it as a sign, evidence, that there is someone up there, watching out for them.
Group number two sees it as just pure luck. Just a happy turn of chance. I'm sure the people in group number two are looking at those fourteen lights in a very suspicious way. For them, the situation is a fifty-fifty. Could be bad, could be good. But deep down, they feel that whatever happens, they're on their own. And that fills them with fear. Yeah, there are those people. But there's a whole lot of people in group number one. When they see those fourteen lights, they're looking at a miracle. And deep down, they feel that whatever's going to happen, there will be someone there to help them. And that fills them with hope.
See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, that sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?

RandomGuy
05-20-2011, 10:45 AM
See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, that sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?

See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees the possibility that monkeys will fly out of your butt, that sees simian colonoscopy? Or do you believe that people just are born with monkeys in their posterior? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that monkeys will fly out of your butt someday?

It is possible that there are no coincidences, yes. Just as it is possible that monkeys will fly out of my butt in the next ten minutes.

Possible does not equal probable, nor does it equal logical.

RandomGuy
05-20-2011, 10:49 AM

One of the most interesting arguments concerning the existance of God is that God is indistinguishable from coincidence.

"I prayed and got better" is a prime example. If you prayed and croaked anyways, you wouldn't be around to say so.

One would think the creator of the universe might leave something a bit more concrete or obvious concerning its existance.

spursfan09
05-20-2011, 11:05 AM
One of the most interesting arguments concerning the existance of God is that God is indistinguishable from coincidence.

"I prayed and got better" is a prime example. If you prayed and croaked anyways, you wouldn't be around to say so.

One would think the creator of the universe might leave something a bit more concrete or obvious concerning its existance.

That's why people have faith that there is God and someone who created us who is watching us. Besides not having evidence you believe anyway inside your heart.

I don't have faith in butt monkeys.

spursfan09
05-20-2011, 11:06 AM
So scientifically how can one believe something came from nothing. Okay the big bang theory, alright but who was the source/force that put the ingredients there to make it happen.

Happy Devil
05-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Some of you will wish you had monkey's flying out of your ass instead of the rude awakening you'll suffer. :lol

JudynTX
05-20-2011, 11:10 AM
So scientifically how can one believe something came from nothing. Okay the big bang theory, alright but who was the source/force that put the ingredients there to make it happen.

Oh you really did it now! :lol

boutons_deux
05-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Could start Friday!

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/280154/thumbs/r-CAMPING-large570.jpg

Apocalypse Is NOW!: Doomsday-Predicting Evangelist Harold Camping Says End-Of-World Could Happen Tonight

God works in strange and mysterious ways -- and so does Harold Camping, the evangelist who has declared that the rapture previously scheduled for 6 p.m. May 21 could start as early as 11 p.m. May 20 in California (so check your local listings).

Camping told The Atlantic that the 6 p.m. time is local, which means the apocalypse starts when it hits 6 p.m. at the International Dateline at 180 Longitude -- roughly the between Pago Pago, American Samoa, and Nuku'alofa, Tonga.

Just in case you're keeping score, Camping says the first official sign of Judgment Day will be an earthquake of previously unprecedented magnitude.

http://weirdnews.aol.com/2011/05/20/apocalypse-is-now-doomsda_n_864684.html

phyzik
05-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Could start Friday!

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/280154/thumbs/r-CAMPING-large570.jpg

Apocalypse Is NOW!: Doomsday-Predicting Evangelist Harold Camping Says End-Of-World Could Happen Tonight

God works in strange and mysterious ways -- and so does Harold Camping, the evangelist who has declared that the rapture previously scheduled for 6 p.m. May 21 could start as early as 11 p.m. May 20 in California (so check your local listings).

Camping told The Atlantic that the 6 p.m. time is local, which means the apocalypse starts when it hits 6 p.m. at the International Dateline at 180 Longitude -- roughly the between Pago Pago, American Samoa, and Nuku'alofa, Tonga.

Just in case you're keeping score, Camping says the first official sign of Judgment Day will be an earthquake of previously unprecedented magnitude.

http://weirdnews.aol.com/2011/05/20/apocalypse-is-now-doomsda_n_864684.html

Cant wait. :downspin:

CubanMustGo
05-20-2011, 11:38 AM
So good of God to agree to be constrained by trivial human shit like the International Date Line.

spursfan09
05-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Oh you really did it now! :lol

Uh oh. I really have no back up for this "argument" it's just something my mind wonders. :lol

maybe Science can explain some, but the fact that we will always have something to wonder and discover says we don't know it all to begin with.

Leetonidas
05-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Camping patiently explained how he reached his conclusion for May 21, 2011.

"Christ hung on the cross April 1, 33 A.D.," he began. "Now go to April 1 of 2011 A.D., and that's 1,978 years."

Camping then multiplied 1,978 by 365.2422 days - the number of days in each solar year, not to be confused with a calendar year.

Next, Camping noted that April 1 to May 21 encompasses 51 days. Add 51 to the sum of previous multiplication total, and it equals 722,500.

Camping realized that (5 x 10 x 17) x (5 x 10 x 17) = 722,500.

Or put into words: (Atonement x Completeness x Heaven), squared.

"Five times 10 times 17 is telling you a story," Camping said. "It's the story from the time Christ made payment for your sins until you're completely saved.

"I tell ya, I just about fell off my chair when I realized that," Camping said.

Fucking idiot :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

RandomGuy
05-20-2011, 02:57 PM

Your underlying assumption is that it required some conscious actor to cause it. An assumption for which there is no supporting evidence.

This makes your statement something of an exercise in circular logic, no offense.

A Big bang no more requires some conscious entity to initiate it than a star requirBs a conscious entity to initiate internal fusion when enough hydrogen congrates to allow that process to begin.

Chomag
05-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Well damn, and I just got a new job...

spursfan09
05-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Your underlying assumption is that it required some conscious actor to cause it. An assumption for which there is no supporting evidence.

This makes your statement something of an exercise in circular logic, no offense.

A Big bang no more requires some conscious entity to initiate it than a star requirBs a conscious entity to initiate internal fusion when enough hydrogen congrates to allow that process to begin.

So how did the star get there?

clambake
05-20-2011, 04:00 PM
how did god get there?

lefty
05-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Shit, TDKR is scheduled for June 2012

Spurminator
05-20-2011, 04:12 PM
So wait, Jesus Christ was crucified in every time zone? Every hour?

spursfan09
05-20-2011, 04:40 PM
how did god get there?

Good question.

His god created him?

:wow

marini martini
05-20-2011, 04:49 PM

clambake
05-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Good question.

His god created him?

:wow

but thou shalt worship no other god.

RandomGuy
05-20-2011, 05:47 PM
So how did the star get there?

Enough hydrogen drifted together to enable spontaneous fusion, silly. I thought I already addressed that. :D

RandomGuy
05-20-2011, 05:48 PM

Get a pay advance and live it up. :toast

Ginobilly
05-20-2011, 06:03 PM

this is what gets science loving, christian hating people all clusterfucked.:lmao
They can't explain shit! Evolution is why we are here, or we come from atoms/neutrinos, big bang theory, etc, whatever, but what they fail to realize is who the hell makes the atoms that provide the fabric of existence in the first place? If we came outta nothing, then how could we be something?

Ginobilly
05-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Enough hydrogen drifted together to enable spontaneous fusion, silly. I thought I already addressed that. :D

How did hydrogen get here in the universe?

I think humans in general have the wrong idea of "God".

It's not a man or an entity of some-kind, but rather a highly-complex governing system that makes the laws of physics constant and ever going. I don't think our human brains aren't sophisticated enough to understand it, but as we advance, we should start to see a clearer picture of it. I have a gut feeling that God/ religion is going to evolve into similar to the "force" from star wars, and not remain like it is now. Yeah, like a beardy man from the heavens and his hippie/hesher looking son made the universe?

clambake
05-20-2011, 06:36 PM
this is what gets science loving, christian hating people all clusterfucked.:lmao
They can't explain shit! Evolution is why we are here, or we come from atoms/neutrinos, big bang theory, etc, whatever, but what they fail to realize is who the hell makes the atoms that provide the fabric of existence in the first place? If we came outta nothing, then how could we be something?

who the hell made the god that made the atoms?

BlackSwordsMan
05-20-2011, 09:57 PM

an explosion

DMC
05-20-2011, 11:05 PM
How did hydrogen get here in the universe?

I think humans in general have the wrong idea of "God".

It's not a man or an entity of some-kind, but rather a highly-complex governing system that makes the laws of physics constant and ever going. I don't think our human brains aren't sophisticated enough to understand it, but as we advance, we should start to see a clearer picture of it. I have a gut feeling that God/ religion is going to evolve into similar to the "force" from star wars, and not remain like it is now. Yeah, like a beardy man from the heavens and his hippie/hesher looking son made the universe?

Then it's not a god at all. It's a fucking over-hyped natural occurrence that humans have grown to call "god" and kill each other over. Shit decays naturally, is that god?

Also, if our human brains aren't sophisticated enough to understand it, how do you know it's true? You posit a guess and say "but we cannot understand it"?

That's called special pleading.

DMC
05-20-2011, 11:08 PM

You are using the exact same logic, you just move it back one event and arbitrarily remove the rules at that point. It's as if there are two standards: one that says anything that exists must have been caused to exist, and one that says God exists, but wasn't caused to exist.

You kill you own argument by the 3rd premise.

Trainwreck2100
05-20-2011, 11:12 PM
atheism the belief that there was nothing that farted and became something

lefty
05-20-2011, 11:15 PM
So

Its Saturday.........

Pheeeeeew

Leetonidas
05-20-2011, 11:17 PM
lol @ religious faggots. ":cry Waaaah you can't believe something came from nothing waaaah! But we can about God! :cry "

Hypochondriac
05-20-2011, 11:26 PM
For some reason i ain't feelin' all that great right now.

DMC
05-20-2011, 11:27 PM
atheism the belief that there was nothing that farted and became something

That's cute. Did your Watchtower book teach you that?

Trainwreck2100
05-20-2011, 11:30 PM
That's cute. Did your Watchtower book teach you that?

4chan

DMC
05-20-2011, 11:33 PM
1. Everything that exists must have been caused to exist
2. God exists
3. God was not caused to exist

2nd try...

1. Almost everything that exists must have been caused to exist.
2. A book is not "almost everything"
3. A book was not caused to exist.

3rd try....

1. Everything that exists (except God) was caused to exist.
2. God exists (see 1)
3. God was not caused to exist (see 1)

Whew... had to get there somehow, even if I had to beg the question.

DMC
05-20-2011, 11:44 PM
4chan

Moot point

TimmehC
05-20-2011, 11:46 PM
Great, they came while I was in the damn shower.

http://skippyslist.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/rapture_notice.jpg

2pac > Kobe
05-21-2011, 12:05 AM
55 mins till the earthquake :corn:

rip in advance

Leetonidas
05-21-2011, 12:09 AM
moot point

lol

IronMaxipad
05-21-2011, 12:18 AM
Post Rapture Looting

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=121968371215699

Anyone else attending?

2pac > Kobe
05-21-2011, 12:21 AM
Post Rapture Looting

Anyone else attending?
nigga imma be in heaven to be honest

phyzik
05-21-2011, 12:37 AM
If there is a "rapture" in my lifetime, and on the off chance I am one of the chosen, I will refuse and stay on this planet.

I simply cant follow a supposed "benevolent" god that would forsake so many people. I'm not religious, most would call me Atheist, but if there is an all-loving entity out there..... Anything that comes to condemn that many people to death must be a false prophet.

I'd rather stay with my loved ones for 5 months of hell and spend eternity in purgatory or hell, than abandon my loved ones for selfish reasons to save my own soul. The thought of abandoning my friends/family to go to a paradise just doesnt jive with me.

DMC
05-21-2011, 12:47 AM
nigga imma be in heaven to be honest

There's no nigga heaven.

DMC
05-21-2011, 12:47 AM
If there is a "rapture" in my lifetime, and on the off chance I am one of the chosen, I will refuse and stay on this planet.

I simply cant follow a supposed "benevolent" god that would forsake so many people. I'm not religious, most would call me Atheist, but if there is an all-loving entity out there..... Anything that comes to condemn that many people to death must be a false prophet.

I'd rather stay with my loved ones for 5 months of hell and spend eternity in purgatory or hell, than abandon my loved ones for selfish reasons to save my own soul. The thought of abandoning my friends/family to go to a paradise just doesnt jive with me.
You will do as you are told and shut up about it.

DMC
05-21-2011, 12:49 AM
Post Rapture Looting

Anyone else attending?
There's only going to be like 4 people missing, and no one will notice the grandma, the homeless man, the monk and the school teacher suddenly missing. It's not like half the world is righteous.

lefty
05-21-2011, 01:40 AM
Did you feel an earthquake?

xellos88330
05-21-2011, 01:44 AM
Did you feel an earthquake?

I just ate a dozen hot wings and a bean burrito. Sorry.

2pac > Kobe
05-21-2011, 01:51 AM
damn, 2 times in a row

dumbass nigga wonder what his excuse is gonna be

DeadlyDynasty
05-21-2011, 01:57 AM
f55C6IE6Z6w

Skip to 2:30 mark and enjoy

mojorizen7
05-21-2011, 05:31 AM
:king
6RT6rL2UroE

Wild Cobra
05-21-2011, 08:00 AM
Q) Where is everyone?

A) Just sleeping in.

Texas_Ranger
05-21-2011, 08:56 AM
so, am I dreaming or nothing happened??

boutons_deux
05-21-2011, 10:15 AM
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/rapture

symple19
05-21-2011, 10:30 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Soul_Patch
05-21-2011, 10:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/3Q6AH.jpg

ManuBalboa
05-21-2011, 11:09 AM
RIP Macho

oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

thispego
05-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Dammmn the Internetz if effin' fast up here in heaven

awww your sinnin asses weren't raptured?

SORRY SENORES!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao

Gutter92
05-21-2011, 11:41 AM
I have yet to see a raptor...

DMC
05-21-2011, 11:45 AM
http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Toronto+Raptors+v+Miami+Heat+olMnG1iVYPRl.jpg

Texas_Ranger
05-21-2011, 11:45 AM

boutons_deux
05-21-2011, 11:46 AM
More Than 40 Percent of Americans Believe the Rapture Is Coming

http://www.good.is/post/more-than-40-percent-of-americans-believe-the-rapture-is-coming/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+good%2Flbvp+%28GOOD+Main+RSS+ Feed%29

=======

How surprising, mostly in the South and West, and HS education only, or less. aka, ignorant fucktards suckered and scammed by "Christian" charlatans.

Leetonidas
05-21-2011, 12:05 PM
More Than 40 Percent of Americans Believe the Rapture Is Coming

http://www.good.is/post/more-than-40-percent-of-americans-believe-the-rapture-is-coming/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+good%2Flbvp+%28GOOD+Main+RSS+ Feed%29

=======

How surprising, mostly in the South and West, and HS education only, or less. aka, ignorant fucktards suckered and scammed by "Christian" charlatans.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Ginobilly
05-21-2011, 12:28 PM

I'm not saying God or Aliens made the atoms. So are you saying that atoms and chemicals have always existed?

Ginobilly
05-21-2011, 12:29 PM
an explosion

what caused that explosion and why?

Ginobilly
05-21-2011, 12:42 PM
You are using the exact same logic, you just move it back one event and arbitrarily remove the rules at that point. It's as if there are two standards: one that says anything that exists must have been caused to exist, and one that says God exists, but wasn't caused to exist.

You kill you own argument by the 3rd premise.

Do you agree that the big bang was caused when God was having sex with it, then String theory got jealous and decided to create their own existence with the help of Stephen Hawking and the ghost of Newton? Or is the big bang theory: God jacking off in general, and his sperm= the universe?

boutons_deux
05-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Family Radio chief Harold Camping silent as Rapture fails to occur

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - With no sign his forecast of Judgment Day arriving on Saturday has come true, the 89-year-old California evangelical broadcaster and former civil engineer behind the pronouncement seemed to have gone silent.

Family Radio, the Christian stations network headed by Harold Camping which had spread his message of an approaching doomsday, was on Saturday playing recorded church music and devotional messages unrelated to the apocalypse.

Camping previously made a failed prediction Jesus Christ would return to Earth in 1994.

In his latest pronouncement, he had said doomsday would begin in Asia, but with midnight local time come and gone in Tokyo and Beijing and those cities already in the early hours of May 22, there was no sign of the apocalypse.

The Oakland, California, headquarters of the network of 66 U.S. stations, which has international affiliates and had posted billboards around the country warning of a May 21 Judgment Day, were shuttered with a sign in the door that read "This Office is Closed. Sorry we missed you!"

The headquarters, which appears to be normally closed on Saturday, was also shuttered on Friday.

Camping, whose deep sonorous voice is frequently heard on his radio network expounding the Bible, could not be reached immediately for comment on Saturday.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/05/21/family-radio-chief-harold-camping-silent-as-rapture-fails-to-occur/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

boutons_deux
05-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Which Politicians are Waiting for the Rapture?

In just a few short hours, you should know for sure whether or not you've ascended into Heaven, or been left behind (San Francisco, that means you!) to fend for yourselves as the armies of darkness descend upon the Earth in advance of the Tribulation. Politics can seem downright trivial as you nail down the last-minute details—purchasing an insurance policy for your not-so-rapture-ready pomeranian, for instance.

But for a large percentage of the American population, the Rapture's no laughing matter. According to the Pew Research Center for People and the Press, 41 percent of American believe Jesus will return by 2050. The belief that the Rapture is not only coming, but coming soon has a very real, if subtle impact on the American political scene—through foreign policy, economics, and social issues like gay marriage. Is your favorite politician bracing for Armageddon? Here's a very incomplete guide:

Sarah Palin: The former Alaska governor has been bullish in her support for Israel—she kept an Israeli flag in her Juneau office, and as a vice presidential candidate said that Americans should never-second guess that nation's policies. In 2009, she told Barbara Walters that "more and more Jewish people will be flocking to Israel in the days and weeks and months ahead." Those ideas didn't come from an international relations textbook; as a Liberty University researcher told the Atlantic's Jeffery Goldberg, it seemed to mirror her own eschatological views:

"I've read that Palin has been part of an apparently unique movement I've heard of -- that her pastor, when she was in the Assembly of God, believed based on some personal revelation he claims to have gotten from God, that the Jews would move to Alaska during the Tribulation. But nevertheless, my understanding from what I've seen is that she holds fairly typical Protestant Zionist beliefs, and one of those beliefs is the regathering of the Jews in Israel."

Rep. Roscoe Bartlett (R-Md.): If Bartlett is left behind, he'll at least be well prepared. Earlier this year, the Maryland congressman and Seventh Day Adventist starred in the survivalist documentary, Urban Danger, in which he teaches viewers how to build a root cellar and can vegetables. Although the documentary never explicitly suggests what kind of catastrophe might require an underground shelter and stockpiles of food, interviewees suggest that it could be Biblical in nature. As the narrator puts it, "A storm is coming, relentless in its fury." Writing for the Seventh-Day Adventist magazine Spectrum, Alexander Carpenter called Bartlett's views, "faith-based apocalypticism" that are common among "fringe movements in the denomination."

Dick Armey: In 2006, the former Republican House Majority Leader, and founder of the powerful astroturf group FreedomWorks (which stirred up outrage over health care reform), told the BBC the Rapture was imminent: "We talk about the End Times, the day of Tribulation. Yes there seems to be, if you believe in Bible prophecy, there seems to be a great deal of the circumstances that was prophesised present at this time, and a lot of people believe that this is the time for that prophecy. They also believe that a free and a, what shall I say, well, Israel will be a consequence after those days of Tribulation, but that the whole world goes through a difficult time during those days of Tribulation."

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.): She's warned against the implementation of "One World" currency, advocated for a more pious military, and spread fears about the true motives of the smooth-talking leader who considers himself a citizen of the world—all of which feature prominently in Tim LaHaye's Left Behind series (although LaHaye has said that Obama is not the Anti-christ). So perhaps it's no surprise that Bachmann credits her start in conservative politics with a meeting with LaHaye's wife, Beverly. Bachmann has championed apocalyptic causes in the most literal sense, warning that if the United States fails to properly support Israel, a "curse" will be placed on the land. She has also been a regular guest on Jan Markell's "pro-Israel, prophecy-oriented" Olive Tree Ministries radio program.

Mike Huckabee: The former Arkansas governor and Southern Baptist preacher hasn't talked much about the Rapture specifically; that's what supporters are for. LaHaye was an advisor to his 2008 campaign. Also an advisor? Janet Porter, an Evangelical activist who has argued that former Wisconsin Gov. Tommy Thompson might be the Anti-christ, and calls for Christians to take over the government and media to prepare the Earth for the second-coming. Huckabee has also praised the Rev. John Hagee, the influential San Antonio mega-church pastor who mixes End Times eschatology with foreign policy through his organization, Christians United for Israel. (Hagee has called for the United States to "consider" military strikes against Iran).

Del. Mark L. Cole (R-Va.): Inspired by the Book of Revelations, Cole led the fight in the Virginia House of Delegates last February to ban employers or insurance companies from implanting micro-chips in people against their will. As Cole told the Washington Post: "My understanding—I'm not a theologian—but there's a prophecy in the Bible that says you'll have to receive a mark, or you can neither buy nor sell things in end times. Some people think these computer chips might be that mark." We're not theologians either, but this is what's known in the industry as Too Good to Fact-Check (TGTFC). And for the record: planting micro-chips in people's bodies against their will is definitely poor form, if not actually the work of the Devil.

http://motherjones.com/mojo/2011/05/which-politicians-waiting-rapture-palin

Leetonidas
05-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Do you agree that the big bang was caused when God was having sex with it, then String theory got jealous and decided to create their own existence with the help of Stephen Hawking and the ghost of Newton? Or is the big bang theory: God jacking off in general, and his sperm= the universe?

You're fucking stupid and you're making yourself looking incredibly stupider, if that was possible. Go back to thumping your Bible and defending pedophiliac priests you queer

DMC
05-21-2011, 04:27 PM

I have read the Bible cover to cover. I never saw a mention of the "Big Bang". Therefore it never happened. Why refer to it?

DMC
05-21-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm not saying God or Aliens made the atoms. So are you saying that atoms and chemicals have always existed?

Prove they haven't using the laws of conservation.

Ginobilly
05-21-2011, 04:29 PM
You're fucking stupid and you're making yourself looking incredibly stupider, if that was possible. Go back to thumping your Bible and defending pedophiliac priests you queer

Like if I give a fuck about religion:lmao fuck science and fuck religion!
You should go and start the big bang theory inside your boyfriend's ass. Maybe his black hole will suck you in into nothing.

Wild Cobra
05-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Damn.

The rapture must have come. I went to buy some more coffee, and the store I went to was closed.

Ginobilly
05-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Damn.

The rapture must have come. I went to buy some more coffee, and the store I went to was closed.

The only thing that "raptured" today was the financial lives of all those idiots who believed that dumbass.

monosylab1k
05-21-2011, 05:10 PM
You're fucking stupid and you're making yourself looking incredibly stupider

crofl "stupider"

DeadlyDynasty
05-21-2011, 05:37 PM
I spent the rapture shooting an 88 at Crandon Park. I suck at golf, so that was an amazing round by my standards :tu

William Hung
05-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Here comes the rapture lawsuits. CROFL only in America.

SA210
05-21-2011, 06:48 PM
The Rapture just happened over here on the North Side. I'm floating up looking down at all the traffic...this is nice...really....Oh look, I see some little chavalones on the west side hoopin it up..Bye little vatos! Oh well..I'm hungry, hope they have dinner ready in Heaven. Almost there...:) See you guys soon, well.......some of you.

:wakeup

Chachachango
05-21-2011, 06:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwux3dzdgzk

do they have tacos too?

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2011, 07:25 PM

isn't that what the theory of relativity is for? Equating energy to mass? But you probably didn't know that so you're welcome for the free lesson

lefty
05-21-2011, 09:21 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/4gg3m.jpg

IceColdBrewski
05-21-2011, 11:02 PM
b-IqhzxDIkM

Mavillionaire
05-22-2011, 12:56 AM
http://i.imgur.com/3Q6AH.jpg

Oh, Gee!!
05-22-2011, 01:20 AM
rapture means the good people (approx. 7700 people if you believe the Bible) leave the Earth so they don't have to endure the hell-on-earth that is to come. if you're still here, get ready for hell

Oh, Gee!!
05-22-2011, 01:23 AM
who's gonna miss 7700 people world-wide? more people than that die daily. we really could be in the end times and not even know it. yet.

Oh, Gee!!
05-22-2011, 01:27 AM
pray for mercy, sinners. hell is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leetonidas
05-22-2011, 01:33 AM
who's gonna miss 7700 people world-wide? more people than that die daily. we really could be in the end times and not even know it. yet.

Yeah uh if 7700 people just vanished I'm sure people would notice.

Oh, Gee!!
05-22-2011, 01:38 AM
Yeah uh if 7700 people just vanished I'm sure people would notice.

7700 divided by all of the cities/states/nation/continents in the world? that's like an average day for Nancy Grace.

Oh, Gee!!
05-22-2011, 01:41 AM
About 70,000 die in the world every day

Oh, Gee!!
05-22-2011, 01:42 AM
would we even notice 7700?

Spurtacus
05-22-2011, 04:35 AM
Fuck, I'm still alive.

Drachen
05-22-2011, 04:05 PM
He died so that we could all be saved.

edit - crap too late.

DMC
05-22-2011, 06:25 PM
He died so that we could all be saved.

Because his dad was an unreasonable douche bag.

edit - crap too late.

gospursgojas
05-22-2011, 06:31 PM
It happened...and here are the pics to prove it!

http://mashable.com/2011/05/21/rapture-bomb-pics/?utm_source=pulsenews&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Mashable+%28Mashable%29&utm

BlackSwordsMan
05-22-2011, 06:41 PM
how are these religious retards gonna spin this? and dumb shit followers still believing a white man with a beard is watching over us?

Wild Cobra
05-22-2011, 06:59 PM
how are these religious retards gonna spin this? and dumb shit followers still believing a white man with a beard is watching over us?
How many are there?

I'll bet of the very devoted religious, that less than 0.01% believed this prediction

BlackSwordsMan
05-22-2011, 07:00 PM
well statement two was more toward every religion

RandomGuy
05-23-2011, 12:12 AM
Checkin' in with the obligatory, "I'm still here, biyatches" post.

Whoot.

phyzik
05-23-2011, 02:04 AM
While I am an atheist/agnostic individual (depending on who you talk to), I wont ridicule those that believe in the bible..... They have already had enough ridicule thanks to Harold Camping.

What I find really disgusting is that Camping is going to get away with this shit... His company's net worth is close to $80 MILLION dollars because of this crap.

I don't feel one ounce of pity for the religious morons looking for a way out of life that sold all their belongings and are now fucked. Who I do feel sorry for is their family members and children.

This is what religion does.... Its a cancer on humanity. You can continue to believe what you want, I will believe what I want. In my belief, as long as there is organized religion (Large Organized Cults) Humanity will forever be at war.

I wont sit here and laugh at Christianity though.... most Christians denied this shit, as they rightfully should according to their book of faith.

Drachen
05-23-2011, 07:59 AM
Because his dad was an unreasonable douche bag.

No, I guess I should have left my entire post. I was posting that picture of the flying elbow that Jesus was about to get to the back of the neck. The post above represents the caption I was giving it.

I took the picture off because it was already posted about 4 posts earlier

mrsmaalox
05-23-2011, 08:55 AM
'Rapture' Prophet Harold Camping Says He Had 'A Really Tough Weekend'

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/05/23/136574430/rapture-prophet-harold-camping-says-he-had-a-really-tough-weekend?ps=cprs

SpursStalker
05-23-2011, 11:43 AM
I guess all the bad ones got left behind ...

:depressed

Agloco
05-23-2011, 11:58 AM
So are you saying that atoms and chemicals have always existed?

Existence.........quite a broad term no? How do you define it?

what caused that explosion and why?

Let me guess. God.

I personally think that the flying spaghetti monster had something to do with it. This is a work in progress.

Leetonidas
05-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Why do religites always come back to "so matter/chemicals always existed" and "what started the big bang" but when you apply these questions to God all you get is ass backwards logic and "God always existed." :rolleyes

Agloco
05-23-2011, 12:04 PM

isn't that what the theory of relativity is for? Equating energy to mass? But you probably didn't know that so you're welcome for the free lesson

Both are required to bridge that gap.

Checkin' in with the obligatory, "I'm still here, biyatches" post.

Whoot.

Leetonidas
05-23-2011, 12:14 PM
Seriously, you guys can go find the answers to all the questions you're asking, fucking Google it and quit being lazy. I'm sure it would be too complicated to understand for them anyway.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-23-2011, 12:26 PM
b-IqhzxDIkM

Doctor. Doctor.
Doctor. Doctor.
Doctor. Doctor.
Doctor. Doctor.

bus driver
05-23-2011, 03:04 PM
i was out of town.....did i miss the end of the world?

Texas_Ranger
05-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Here It was like this:
End of the World will be at 6.00 PM, more about it in 7.30 PM News.

bus driver
05-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Here It was like this:
End of the World will be at 6.00 PM, more about it in 7.30 PM News.

:bang

damn it....cant believe i missed it. does anyone know when it will happen again?

Wild Cobra
05-23-2011, 06:26 PM
b-IqhzxDIkM
Maybe that was the guys idea when he propagated all this. I wonder how many women he convinced?