PDA

View Full Version : Pistons To Take Game One

Hassdabballman
06-09-2005, 04:16 PM
What up guys, im a Piston fan here and im not here to start shit, but Pistons often seem to get off on a fast start on the road opening up a series. I like the fact that no one is picking the Pistons to win the series because they are just adding fuel to the Pistons fire. This will be a great series and fun to watch to the true basketball fans. This is how i think the series will go.

Pistons take Game one 87-76
SPurs Take Game two- 92-84
Pistons Take Game three- 90-86
Pistons Take Game Four- 86-80
Spurs Take Game Five- 94-85
Pistons Take Game Six-96-88

PISTONS ARE 2005 WORLD CHAMPS

Ishta
06-09-2005, 04:19 PM
The only way they are taking game 1 is up the a** :angel :angel :angel :angel

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-09-2005, 04:19 PM
I don't know about that. I hope they do. It depends on how wore down they are from the Miami series. Being objective, I think the Spurs take G1 and then the Pistons adjust and take G2.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-09-2005, 04:21 PM
No one picked the Nets to beat the Spurs back in 2003, look what that did for them. In all seriousness, I really don't buy all the psycho-babble hype about "favorites" and "underdogs". I should think that by now both of these teams have proved that no matter what the media and everyone else and their dog is saying that you show up to play, plain and simple. If the Pistons win this series it's not going to be because the Spurs overlooked them because they were picked as favorites or because Detroit got something special out of all the media picking San Antonio. And to be honest, I've seen plenty of articles out there picking the Pistons.

With that said, I applaud your bold choice.

Trooper 2112
06-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Pistons take Game one 87-76
SPurs Take Game two- 92-84
Pistons Take Game three- 90-86
Pistons Take Game Four- 86-80
Spurs Take Game Five- 94-85
Pistons Take Game Six-96-88

No way the pistons win 3 out of the first 4.

ZStomp
I don't see the Spurs as over-favorites..is that even a correct way to say that?

I mean..I think it's 50-50 with all the media....

Kori Ellis
I like the fact that no one is picking the Pistons to win the series because they are just adding fuel to the Pistons fire.

Greg Anthony and S.A. Smith both picked the Pistons to win last night. What are you watching/reading?

ZStomp
Greg Anthony and S.A. Smith both picked the Pistons to win last night. What are you watching/reading?

That's what I'm saying.

Hassdabballman
06-09-2005, 04:24 PM
No one picked the Nets to beat the Spurs back in 2003, look what that did for them. In all seriousness, I really don't buy all the psycho-babble hype about "favorites" and "underdogs". I should think that by now both of these teams have proved that no matter what the media and everyone else and their dog is saying that you show up to play, plain and simple. If the Pistons win this series it's not going to be because the Spurs overlooked them because they were picked as favorites or because Detroit got something special out of all the media picking San Antonio. And to be honest, I've seen plenty of articles out there picking the Pistons.

With that said, I applaud your bold choice.

Bro the Pistons are not the 2003 nets. Pistons have gone to hell and back this season, and have faced every tough challenge. Please do not ever again in ur life compare My Pistons and the 2003 Nets.

bigzak25
06-09-2005, 04:25 PM
not game 1...you can have game 3 OR 4 (pick one only)....and game 5.

MiNuS
06-09-2005, 04:26 PM
I don't believe anyone on either side knows what to expect. Us as Spurs fans know what we got and same with Detroit.

Mi Gallo es Ginobili asi es que ganan los Spurs. A huevo que si!

WayDowntownBang
06-09-2005, 04:32 PM
The key to this series for Detroit (as every other Away-team in the NBA Finals) is to split the series in San Antonio. Win Game 1, OR Game 2. Don't expect to come out of SA with 2 up. The Finals are 2-3-2 (which I think is foolish), but if you can split the first two, you go home to play 3 in a row. I think that gives a big advantage to the team with the middle three games. I wish they would go back to 2-2-1-1-1, but that's just me.

I see the Pistons getting that split, but even if they don't, and go down 2-0, with 3 at home, there's no reason to sound the alarm.

On the other hand, if the Pistons can somehow take both in SA, the Spurs are in trouble. I just don't see that happening, though.

nkdlunch
06-09-2005, 04:33 PM
The only way they are taking game 1 is up the a** :angel :angel :angel :angel

:lmao :lmao

WayDowntownBang
06-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Is there an age limit on your forums?

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Bro the Pistons are not the 2003 nets. Pistons have gone to hell and back this season, and have faced every tough challenge. Please do not ever again in ur life compare My Pistons and the 2003 Nets.

I'm not comparing the two teams. I'm just trying to make the point that it doesn't matter what the hell the media (and the fan forums) are saying. Either you show up to play in the NBA FINALS or you don't. If you're playing for the biggest prize in your profession you shouldn't need any extra emotional boost.

Hassdabballman
06-09-2005, 04:38 PM
I'm not comparing the two teams. I'm just trying to make the point that it doesn't matter what the hell the media (and the fan forums) are saying. Either you show up to play in the NBA FINALS or you don't. If you're playing for the biggest prize in your profession you shouldn't need any extra emotional boost.

Ok i understand what ur saying, but in some cases it may. Who knows whats going on in the Players heads.

picnroll
06-09-2005, 04:44 PM
I'm not completely versed on my Pistons' 2004 - 2005 history. I know Ben Wallace was susepned for what, four - five games, that Brown was out for a while with surgery, they got off to a slow start. What other "hell and back" I keep hereing about am I missing?

WayDowntownBang
06-09-2005, 04:48 PM
I'm not completely versed on my Pistons' 2004 - 2005 history. I know Ben Wallace was susepned for what, four - five games, that Brown was out for a while with surgery, they got off to a slow start. What other "hell and back" I keep hereing about am I missing?

Well, to defend the original poster, the Pistons were under .500 for the first quarter of the season, Ben lost a 3rd family member to death in the past 3 years, Larry Brown had hip surguy, the team wasn't sure if Brown was going to be their coach, we've had to go through the whole Brown-to-Cleveland thing, and no one can forget the proud, proud moment vs. Indiana and that dipshit with a empty cup of pop.

To say hell and back, may be a bit extreme, but we have had our share of distractions along the way.

PM5K
06-09-2005, 04:50 PM
I've actually seen and read more articles of people picking the Pistons, but all in all I'd guess it's split right down the middle, but if your guys want to believe that and use it for motivation by all means.

That's what Shaq does, he makes shit up in his head for motivation.

Having said that splitting the first two games will not get you a series victory, we've played quite well on the road and can certainly win a game at The Palace....

06-09-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm expecting a split in SA, DET takes 2 of 3 at home, Spurs take game 6 and then...

Coin flip for game 7...

WayDowntownBang
06-09-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm expecting a split in SA, DET takes 2 of 3 at home, Spurs take game 6 and then...

Coin flip for game 7...

This is kind of how I see it too.

Spurs_Fan_Nineteen
06-09-2005, 04:56 PM
Pistons may take one of two here in SA, but it won't be Game 1.

ObiwanGinobili
06-09-2005, 05:03 PM
I'm 100% wishing for SA to take the 1st 2 at home.......
I'm 40% expecting a split on those 2 games.
get it?

I think this is gonna be a long series, with Spurs winning - of course.

Also- I'd liek to go back to the 2/2/1/1/1 , I think that was better. Ohwell.

WayDowntownBang
06-09-2005, 05:10 PM
I think the reason they do it is to take away the 'home court' advantage of either team.

While San Antonio has the best record of the two, it's hard to compare both the East vs. the West in terms of overall records. By giving the Spurs the first two games (and 4 of the 7) it gives them the advantage. In turn, by giving Detroit 3 in a row, it lessens the original advantage of the Spurs.

I think. Who knows. I don't like it.

06-09-2005, 05:14 PM
I think the reason they do it is to take away the 'home court' advantage of either team.

While San Antonio has the best record of the two, it's hard to compare both the East vs. the West in terms of overall records. By giving the Spurs the first two games (and 4 of the 7) it gives them the advantage. In turn, by giving Detroit 3 in a row, it lessens the original advantage of the Spurs.

I think. Who knows. I don't like it.

They did it when Boston and LA played every year for logistical reasons.

Hassdabballman
06-09-2005, 06:38 PM
Its almost game time fellas im nervous

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-09-2005, 06:43 PM
I think the Spurs will be somewhat vulnerable tonight having had a week off.

I don't think they'll lose, but were that to happen the Spurs came back from two 0-1 deficits in their 2003 title run and have done it already this year.

It wouldn't be the end of the world for this team. Detroit thinks they can win and a loss tonight wouldn't rock the confidence of the Spurs or increase it for Detroit.

No worries.

Spurs in 6.

Leetonidas
06-09-2005, 06:46 PM
You have to be kidding me. We are not the Sixers, we are not the Pacers, and we are not the Heat. SBC is the House or Horrors, and I think the Spurs proved they can play fine on the road in loud arenas and pressure situations. (Denver, Seattle, and Phoenix). Spurs in 6.

Experiment2100
06-09-2005, 07:07 PM
You have to be kidding me. We are not the Sixers, we are not the Pacers, and we are not the Heat. SBC is the House or Horrors, and I think the Spurs proved they can play fine on the road in loud arenas and pressure situations. (Denver, Seattle, and Phoenix). Spurs in 6.

That's true, but this time they better bring their official Spurs ponchos to protect themselve from any beverages that magically sprout wings and fly on the court.