PDA

View Full Version : #1 excuse for Spurs game 1 loss

geerussell
06-09-2005, 04:24 PM
I think rust will get trotted out more than anything.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-09-2005, 04:25 PM
And if the Spurs win everyone will blame it on Piston fatigue. Which is a shame because I really don't foresee any of the wins and losses in this series as ones that the winners didn't earn.

ALVAREZ6
06-09-2005, 04:26 PM
This poll is the stupidest piece of fuck in this forum....wow.....

nkdlunch
06-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Damn, don't even give your team any credit?? #1 reason should be because Detroit played better. Come on dude, show some heart.

WayDowntownBang
06-09-2005, 04:27 PM
I wish the Piston fans didn't come on here just to talk trash.

If you think the Pistons are GUARANTEED to win Game 1, you're not a Piston fan, and I'm not taking credit for you.

I'm not blaming anything on Fatigue or Rust. Those are both excuses. If you can't put the ball down for a week and pick it back up, you're not a champion. Same goes for fatigue, and ONLY having 3 days off.

Can't wait until tipoff.

bigzak25
06-09-2005, 04:30 PM
if the spurs lose? it's cuz they got sloppy with the ball and forced quick outside shots...

value possessions and hustle and detroit is going home 0-2.

sa_butta
06-09-2005, 04:31 PM
I think rust will get trotted out more than anything.hopefully you get trotted out of this forum.

ObiwanGinobili
06-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Damn, don't even give your team any credit?? #1 reason should be because Detroit played better. Come on dude, show some heart.

bingo!

I wish the Piston fans didn't come on here just to talk trash.

If you think the Pistons are GUARANTEED to win Game 1, you're not a Piston fan, and I'm not taking credit for you.

And I'm giving you a :makeout.
Nice to see some REAL Pistons fans. Welcome.

geerussell
06-09-2005, 04:36 PM

Detroit played better is a reason not an excuse.

WayDowntownBang
06-09-2005, 04:38 PM
/wave Obiwan.

I'm not going to take credit for moron fans from either side of the Mississippi River. I'm confidant the my Pistons are going to win the whole thing, just like you are that your Spurs are going to. I think it's incredibly immature for people to turn this into what it is, but then again, that's what happens when you allow ANYONE to post ANYTHING. It's a fact of nature, and is a very direct relationship to why there are CEOs, and also Garbagemen.

I'm a big fan of the Spurs, but obviously to me, I bleed Piston blue. I don't need to make a cliche joke about 'cowboy hats' or something ignorant to prove my worth as a fan. I'm looking forward to talking sports with basketball fans. Just like the Piston boards have morons, the Spur boards have morons. If we can filter through those, we can find good hoops conversation. Good luck this series, it should be a lot of fun.

ObiwanGinobili
06-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Spurs fans don't make excuses.
If we don't win it's casue we :
a. sucked
b. got out played
c. a combination of a & b.

this ain't Denver damn it.

WayDowntownBang
06-09-2005, 04:39 PM
a. sucked
b. got out played

LOL!

"Laces in, Dan!"

Xolotl
06-09-2005, 04:40 PM
a. sucked
b. got out played

Just the bandwagon fans make excuses. They are the same ones that are calling for a sweep. That or they've drank themselves retarded. I am very nervous about tonights game :lol

ObiwanGinobili
06-09-2005, 04:40 PM
/wave Obiwan.

I'm not going to take credit for moron fans from either side of the Mississippi River. I'm confidant the my Pistons are going to win the whole thing, just like you are that your Spurs are going to. I think it's incredibly immature for people to turn this into what it is, but then again, that's what happens when you allow ANYONE to post ANYTHING. It's a fact of nature, and is a very direct relationship to why there are CEOs, and also Garbagemen.

I'm a big fan of the Spurs, but obviously to me, I bleed Piston blue. I don't need to make a cliche joke about 'cowboy hats' or something ignorant to prove my worth as a fan. I'm looking forward to talking sports with basketball fans. Just like the Piston boards have morons, the Spur boards have morons. If we can filter through those, we can find good hoops conversation. Good luck this series, it should be a lot of fun.

Shit. I love you.
You should work at the UN.
Feel free to drop by even after the finals if you truly do have appreciation for the Spurs. I agree with everything you said.. .there's nothgin more to add.

ObiwanGinobili
06-09-2005, 04:42 PM
That or they've drank themselves retarded. I am very nervous about tonights game :lol

I'm confident in a Game1 Spurs win.
AlthoughI respect Detroit enough to think that game 2 isn't such a sure bet. I can easily see them taking game 2, and us going 1-1 to Auburn Hills.

Clandestino
06-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Spurs Won't Lose Tonight!

WayDowntownBang
06-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Shit. I love you.
You should work at the UN.
Feel free to drop by even after the finals if you truly do have appreciation for the Spurs. I agree with everything you said.. .there's nothgin more to add.

LOL, Love is a big word. Let's keep it at Lust for now :elephant

I'm always one to look for quality boards to post at where people know their sports. It's how I get through my work day. I moderate a fairly large board, sort of like this, and get some good conversations going at all times. If you're interested, I'll point you in the right direction, but I'm a big advocate of NOT spamming boards with info on other boards.

I'll be here throughout the series, and who knows.. maybe further in. We'll see what happens.

ObiwanGinobili
06-09-2005, 04:50 PM
LOL, Love is a big word. Let's keep it at Lust for now :elephant

I'm always one to look for quality boards to post at where people know their sports. It's how I get through my work day. I moderate a fairly large board, sort of like this, and get some good conversations going at all times. If you're interested, I'll point you in the right direction, but I'm a big advocate of NOT spamming boards with info on other boards.

I'll be here throughout the series, and who knows.. maybe further in. We'll see what happens.

Yes, i'd love to know where there's some good sports talk.
ESPN forum just sucks, nothign but trashtalking, trolling and far far far too much blatent racisim. I don't always post everywhere I go, but I feel at home here. It's a great Forum.

MiNuS
06-09-2005, 04:51 PM
I hope the Piston fans are having fun in this YOUR website. It has been as hospitable as the city of San Antonio.

WayDowntownBang
06-09-2005, 04:52 PM
Well, (and I guess this is borderline spamming, but it was requested at least) I moderate the NBA forums at Rotokingdom. They've got quality forums for all of the big 4 (ok, 3) sports, along with a quality "Off Topic" forum that cracks me up.

You can find the NBA forums at http://rotokingdom.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=14. Stopping at /forum/ will take you to the main page. I keep this name. Hope to see you there.

(Also, moderators/admin, if posting the link is against your rules, I totally understand and have no problem with you removing it)

WayDowntownBang
06-09-2005, 04:53 PM
I hope the Piston fans are having fun in this YOUR website. It has been as hospitable as the city of San Antonio.

There's obviously cool people, and total jerks on this site. It's pretty normal on the web. I can see myself sticking here for a bit though. I can hardly keep up with the flow. Tons of traffic. I'm sure it's higher than usual because of a big game here in a few hours, but either way, a pretty nice site.

MiNuS
06-09-2005, 04:56 PM
Well, (and I guess this is borderline spamming, but it was requested at least) I moderate the NBA forums at Rotokingdom. They've got quality forums for all of the big 4 (ok, 3) sports, along with a quality "Off Topic" forum that cracks me up.

You can find the NBA forums at http://rotokingdom.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=14. Stopping at /forum/ will take you to the main page. I keep this name. Hope to see you there.

(Also, moderators/admin, if posting the link is against your rules, I totally understand and have no problem with you removing it)

nice forum. Thanks!

ObiwanGinobili
06-09-2005, 04:56 PM
WDB,
Thanks I'll check it out. (sorry kori!!)
I SAH all day so I'm always looking for somethign besides dishes to do during nap time!:lol

WayDowntownBang
06-09-2005, 05:00 PM
I just created a thread at Rotokingdom with the link to this site as well. It's a national site, and not a Detroit site. I figure, if I'm going to be pulling people off your site to check us out, I think it's only fair to return the favor.

Edit: Here's the link for Spur Fan Welcoming Committee: http://rotokingdom.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=248319#248319

MiNuS
06-09-2005, 05:01 PM
There's obviously cool people, and total jerks on this site. It's pretty normal on the web. I can see myself sticking here for a bit though. I can hardly keep up with the flow. Tons of traffic. I'm sure it's higher than usual because of a big game here in a few hours, but either way, a pretty nice site.

the traffic after the game will higher than now.It will probably be close to 500 if we win. If we lose most posters will be here pouring all kinds of questions on why this,why that. It gets very pshycological and emotional.

anyways go here: http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17743 to post your forum.

nkdlunch
06-09-2005, 05:01 PM

You'll stick around for exactly 6 games, and then go home crying. :)

Gatita
06-09-2005, 05:16 PM
The tlong/mouse poll is better than this. And that ain't saying much. :cuss

violentkitten
06-11-2005, 08:32 PM
holy shit spurs lost game 1?

ShoogarBear
06-11-2005, 11:39 PM
I think this meant to say "Quarter 1".

MadDog73
06-12-2005, 12:27 AM
I think this meant to say "Quarter 1".