PDA

View Full Version : Parker: Spurs No Longer Championship Contenders

Ace
05-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Tony Parker says that age has finally caught up with the Spurs.

"At the start of the season I said this was our last chance," he said.

"Tim and Gino (Manu Ginobili) are getting old. It's going to be tough to regenerate ourselves.

"We will always have a good team but we can no longer say that we're playing for a championship."

Via Fiba.com
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213777/Parker_Spurs_No_Longer_Championship_Contenders

Just stating the obvious tbh

Kyle Orton
05-19-2011, 08:54 PM
lol Parker putting it on Ginobili and Duncan when he played like absolute shit against Memphis

BlackSwordsMan
05-19-2011, 08:55 PM
sky is blue
water is green

BlackSwordsMan
05-19-2011, 08:55 PM
in san antonio it is at least
LOL RIVERWALK

John Basedow
05-19-2011, 08:56 PM
sky is blue
water is green

water's actually brown if you live by the riverwalk, tbh

John Basedow
05-19-2011, 08:56 PM
The Spurs haven't been contenders since they lost to the Lakers in the 2008 WCF.

These are things we know

LkrFan
05-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Before I LMFAO, I need a link to this story Ace.

ogait
05-19-2011, 09:11 PM

This is already well debated upstairs. Most Spur fans agree with Parker. Still some delusional out there but a clear minority.

Ace
05-19-2011, 09:17 PM

Updated OP

Giuseppe
05-19-2011, 09:17 PM
Parker knows his tired old shit bags when he see's 'em.

Ace
05-19-2011, 09:18 PM

The Skunker!!!

TheSpursFNRule
05-19-2011, 09:19 PM
lol Parker putting it on Ginobili and Duncan when he played like absolute shit against Memphis

This.

Killakobe81
05-19-2011, 09:20 PM
True dat, Cully but will someone have the coconuts to admit the same for us, if/when that shit applies?

Not sure if it does yet ...but I bet Spurs didnt think they were either, after we put them to bed in 2008.

I think we need at least one major addition, but trying to see who our next coach is first ...trying to allow some time to pass before I advocate any moves ... LOL

Giuseppe
05-19-2011, 09:25 PM
The Skunker!!!

The Skunker!!!!

Giuseppe
05-19-2011, 09:27 PM
True dat, Cully but will someone have the coconuts to admit the same for us, if/when that shit applies?

Sure.

It's my religion.

Proxy
05-19-2011, 09:30 PM
The Spurs haven't been contenders since Bowen retired

These are things we know

*fixed*

LkrFan
05-19-2011, 09:31 PM
Updated OP

Noted. In that case, :lmao:lmao:lmao

LkrFan
05-19-2011, 09:32 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Juanobili
05-19-2011, 09:32 PM
trade him.

no seriously.

LkrFan
05-19-2011, 09:35 PM
trade him.

no seriously.

I'll give you LO, fillers, and 2 second rounders (LAL have like 4 this year) for him. Deal? :toast

Isitjustme?
05-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Surprised HarlemHeat37 is so excited about this...

Isitjustme?
05-19-2011, 09:38 PM

Ohhh, man riverwalk smack!! Please stop. That shit cuts deep bro!

John Basedow
05-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Ohhh, man riverwalk smack!! Please stop. That shit cuts deep bro!

Bito Corleone
05-19-2011, 09:45 PM
True, but doesn't change the fact that he's right.

4>0rings
05-19-2011, 09:47 PM
Shut up, faggot.

baseline bum
05-19-2011, 09:54 PM

Nah, it's green from all the bird shit.

John Basedow
05-19-2011, 09:55 PM
Nah, it's green from all the bird shit.

My apologies :lol

Ace
05-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Surprised HarlemHeat37 is so excited about this...

Has he posted on the subject? I would like to see his opinion on this...

Sean Cagney
05-19-2011, 11:03 PM

Not sure if it does yet ...but I bet Spurs didnt think they were either, after we put them to bed in 2008.

I think we need at least one major addition, but trying to see who our next coach is first ...trying to allow some time to pass before I advocate any moves ... LOL

This won't happen because people are always in denial for years or a year or so about their own teams! Lakers fans won't say that now, it will take a few losses to set in before they admit it. Nobody wants to talk about their own team, just others.

joshdaboss
05-19-2011, 11:23 PM
Spurs had the #1 record in the West, and if Popobitch didn't play Manu the last game of the regular season, when the #1 seed was locked up, they'd be up 2-0 on the Mavs right now.

Trade Parker's bitch ass. He's a defensive liability and a moronic asshole.

John Basedow
05-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Spurs had the #1 record in the West, and if Popobitch didn't play Manu the last game of the regular season, when the #1 seed was locked up, they'd be up 2-0 on the Mavs right now.

Trade Parker's bitch ass. He's a defensive liability and a moronic asshole.

:lmao

Venti Quattro
05-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Truth be told, Manu couldn't have saved the Spurs from Z-Bo and Marc Gasol

crc21209
05-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Just stating the obvious tbh

Thread's already upstairs tbh....:lol

joshdaboss
05-19-2011, 11:26 PM
Truth be told, Manu couldn't have saved the Spurs from Z-Bo and Marc Gasol

Truth be told, a Game 1 victory would have changed everything. Plus, you can't underestimate what a healthy Ginobili does to that front line as far as getting them in foul trouble and wearing them out on the pick and roll.

dirk4mvp
05-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Tony Allen is Manu's daddy, I don't see your point.

Venti Quattro
05-19-2011, 11:28 PM
Nope, just proves that gimmick offenses won't do shit in the playoffs

joshdaboss
05-19-2011, 11:28 PM
Tony Allen is Manu's daddy, I don't see your point.

I'm not sure why you'd compare a scrub to an all-star, but I'd just have to assume you're trolling.

joshdaboss
05-19-2011, 11:33 PM
Nope, just proves that gimmick offenses won't do shit in the playoffs

I'm not sure what 'gimmick offense' you're talking about, but the only thing that was proven here is that Gregg Popobitch is long overdue for a firing.

Kyle Orton
05-19-2011, 11:34 PM
da boss, with da goods

Venti Quattro
05-19-2011, 11:35 PM
live and die by the 3 = gimmick offense. When was the last time in 30 years that a team of that identity ever went to the finals? No. Nada. Not ever.

redzero
05-19-2011, 11:37 PM
live and die by the 3 = gimmick offense. When was the last time in 30 years that a team of that identity ever went to the finals? No. Nada. Not ever.

I see what you did there.

joshdaboss
05-19-2011, 11:38 PM

The Spurs can play either style, this was more about health than anything. Truthfully, I know the Grizzlies couldn't beat a healthy Spurs team, neither can the Thunder. The Mavs would have been a test, but I like the way McDyess defends Dirk and I think they'd have won that series as well. All bets are off for who would win in the Finals if Miami was there, but who knows. I wouldn't be worried about the Bulls at all, but I'm pretty certain they won't be there.

Venti Quattro
05-19-2011, 11:40 PM
Truthfully, I know the Grizzlies couldn't beat a healthy Spurs team, neither can the Thunder.

It's okay to dream, it's not like the Grizzlies were healthy too...

joshdaboss
05-19-2011, 11:42 PM
It's okay to dream, it's not like the Grizzlies were healthy too...

Argument is terrible; everyone knows they instantly got better as soon as Gay went down. Addition by subtraction. I actually would have welcomed that no-defense-playing gunner playing.

dirk4mvp
05-19-2011, 11:47 PM
lmao saying Gay doesn't play defense. Your argument is terrible so far, but you have time.

ElNono
05-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Spurs stopped being contenders when Oberto was traded, tbh

Isitjustme?
05-19-2011, 11:51 PM

tbh about 60 games into the season Pop started cutting back on the running and gunning and that worked about as well as when Terry Porter tried to turn the Suns into a halfcourt team. They were doomed either way as soon as they signed the ginger and the faggala to extensions in the offseason.

joshdaboss
05-19-2011, 11:53 PM
lmao saying Gay doesn't play defense. Your argument is terrible so far, but you have time.

Answer me this: Who would you want guarding you? Allen, Young or Gay?

dirk4mvp
05-19-2011, 11:57 PM
Allen is the best perimeter defender in the league.

But adding another long, super athletic player who has proven he's a good defender to go along with his efficient 20 ppg on the other end only helps, not hurts.

joshdaboss
05-19-2011, 11:58 PM
Allen is the best perimeter defender in the league.

But adding another long, super athletic player who has proven he's a good defender to go along with his efficient 20 ppg on the other end only helps, not hurts.

I must have missed when he proved he was a good defender.

Offensively, I would prefer Gay shooting ill-advised jump shots, rather than them going inside. If Gay plays that means him and Randolph are fighting for touches, which would be great for the Spurs.

Isitjustme?
05-20-2011, 12:02 AM
Gay was vastly improved as a defender this year. #fact

joshdaboss
05-20-2011, 12:06 AM

So in other words, he went from Kyle Korver up to Richard Jefferson.

DMC
05-20-2011, 12:08 AM
If only all teams could win for 14 years straight before having to rebuild, what a wonderful world.

DMC
Especially in the playoffs. Nary a foul.

John Basedow
tbh about 60 games into the season Pop started cutting back on the running and gunning and that worked about as well as when Terry Porter tried to turn the Suns into a halfcourt team. They were doomed either way as soon as they signed the ginger and the faggala to extensions in the offseason.

This. The whole season was fool's gold.

joshdaboss
05-20-2011, 12:10 AM
This. The whole season was fool's gold.

lol @ Laker fans angry they got swept and were completely healthy.

DMC
05-20-2011, 12:11 AM
I almost sold my season tickets when I learned they resigned Bonner last year. RJ I wasn't that concerned about, hoped he'd go elsewhere like LA, but no. As much as everyone else hated him, I would rather had Bogans than RJ.

DMC
05-20-2011, 12:12 AM
Kobe had a stinger on the finger

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 12:12 AM

/thread

joshdaboss
05-20-2011, 12:13 AM
Kobe had a stinger on the finger

Forgot, the longstanding pinky injury he's been complaining about the past 4 years.

lol @ most players in the league not even bringing up finger injuries, yet he's been talking about it for 4 years.

dirk4mvp
05-20-2011, 12:13 AM
I must have missed when he proved he was a good defender.

Yeah, obviously you have. Probably considering the only Grizzlies games you watched this year were the ones against San Antonio.

http://www.depressedfan.com/img/ai9vsstarters022211.gif

Offensively, I would prefer Gay shooting ill-advised jump shots, rather than them going inside. If Gay plays that means him and Randolph are fighting for touches, which would be great for the Spurs.

If those "ill-advised" jumpshots are going in at 47% and 40% from 3, obviously it was working.

So a good defender and good scorer would somehow magically hurt a team?

DMC
05-20-2011, 12:14 AM
Forgot, the longstanding pinky injury he's been complaining about the past 4 years.

lol @ most players in the league not even bringing up finger injuries, yet he's been talking about it for 4 years.
Ronnie Lott gets a toe removed so he can play....

joshdaboss
05-20-2011, 12:14 AM

/thread

http://www.mysanantonio.com/mediaManager/?controllerName=image&action=get&id=953833&width=628&height=471

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 12:16 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/mediaManager/?controllerName=image&action=get&id=953833&width=628&height=471

lol still suffering uterine cramps over the Grizzlies series

lol excuses

lol grey

joshdaboss
05-20-2011, 12:17 AM
Yeah, obviously you have. Probably considering the only Grizzlies games you watched this year were the ones against San Antonio.

If those "ill-advised" jumpshots are going in at 47% and 40% from 3, obviously it was working.

According to those stats, Ray Allen and Richard Jefferson are some of the best defenders in the NBA. To me, that alone makes those stats worthless.

As for the ill-advised shots, Bonner made 46% of his 3s in the regular season. Everything tightens up in the playoffs. Yes, I'd prefer him shooting than Randolph and Gasol getting paint touches.

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 12:17 AM

:rollin

Spurs da champs
05-20-2011, 12:18 AM
The Grizzlies will be much better with Rudy next year fact. He was their closer b4 he got hurt and still is their best player.

DMC
05-20-2011, 12:18 AM
Mike Dunleavy > Kobe

joshdaboss
05-20-2011, 12:19 AM
lol still suffering uterine cramps over the Grizzlies series

lol excuses

lol grey

I suppose if Kobe went down with a serious injury, you'd just make it an afterthought, right?

lol common sense

lol how much of a life you don't have

dirk4mvp
05-20-2011, 12:23 AM
geez, you get called out for saying Rudy Gay isn't a good defender and your best argument is the numbers must be lying?

To me, that alone makes those stats worthless.

As for the ill-advised shots, Bonner made 46% of his 3s in the regular season.

Bonner doesn't take ill advised shots. All of his shots are spot ups off of kick outs. And what else does Bonner do on the court? He literally has no other basketball responsibilities other than catch and shoot.

DMC
05-20-2011, 12:25 AM
The numbers don't tell the whole story. They never do.

Richard Fucking Jefferson is = to Ron Artest? Are you serious? Do you believe that?

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 12:26 AM
I suppose if Kobe went down with a serious injury, you'd just make it an afterthought, right?

lol common sense

lol how much of a life you don't have

using excuses = mentally weak

Lakers were without Bynum in the 2008 Finals and got face-fucked in the frontcourt...but Bynum's injury wasn't the reason they lost. They choked away Game's 1 and 4 and played piss-poor down the stretch. The Celtics didn't, and proved they were better.

The Spurs were mentally weak and were a gimmick team. It showed.

dirk4mvp
05-20-2011, 12:26 AM
The numbers don't tell the whole story. They never do.

But they absolutely do debunk his claim about Gay not proving himself as a good defender.

joshdaboss
05-20-2011, 12:28 AM
geez, you get called out for saying Rudy Gay isn't a good defender and your best argument is the numbers must be lying?

I'm saying, based on the players that are on the list, the stat is quite obviously flawed terribly. The truth is there's no stat to quantify a player's defensive impact in terms of on-ball defense, you have to watch games for yourself.

Bonner doesn't take ill advised shots. All of his shots are spot ups off of kick outs. And what else does Bonner do on the court? He literally has no other basketball responsibilities other than catch and shoot.

I think you misunderstood, because I didn't word it exactly the way I should have. I should have just said, regular season numbers don't mean shit come playoff time, Matt Bonner shot 46% from the 3 during the regular season. Plus, him playing means one of their best defenders doesn't play nearly as much and it means less paint touches.

DMC
05-20-2011, 12:28 AM

Lakers were without Bynum in the 2008 Finals and got face-fucked in the frontcourt...but Bynum's injury wasn't the reason they lost. They choked away Game's 1 and 4 and played piss-poor down the stretch. The Celtics didn't, and proved they were better.

There's no such as a 61 win gimmick team. If it could exist, other teams would be doing it every year. The Spurs hit a bad stretch of luck and played poorly at the wrong time.

DMC
05-20-2011, 12:29 AM
But they absolutely do debunk his claim about Gay not proving himself as a good defender.
Not really. RJ isn't a good defender. He sucks ass. The numbers say he's as good as Artest and better than Kobe.

Do the numbers show missed rotations? Out of position on the inbounds? Going around screens? Not boxing out?

dirk4mvp
05-20-2011, 12:30 AM
I'm saying, based on the players that are on the list, the stat is quite obviously flawed terribly. The truth is there's no stat to quantify a player's defensive impact in terms of on-ball defense, you have to watch games for yourself.

I watched enough Grizzlies games before Rudy's injury to know what kind of defender he is. Have you?

ElNono
05-20-2011, 12:30 AM

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 12:31 AM
There's no such as a 61 win gimmick team. If it could exist, other teams would be doing it every year. The Spurs hit a bad stretch of luck and played poorly at the wrong time.

See the Phoenix Suns since 2005. Gimmick, 54-60 win team almost every season...no finals appearances.

Remember me posting fool's gold pics all year while you guys were masturbating to your inflated record? You'll probably say you don't, but I can bump the threads if you like.

DMC
05-20-2011, 12:31 AM
I watched enough Grizzlies games before Rudy's injury to know what kind of defender he is. Have you?
He's a decent defender, but those numbers are pointless for your argument. They create more problems than they solve.

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 12:32 AM

They played better. No excuses.

joshdaboss
05-20-2011, 12:32 AM

Bynum wasn't the player that he is now. I'm not saying he's a beast now, but he wasn't half of what he is now. He isn't nearly as important as Manu is to the Spurs. That would be like DeJuan Blair going down, or McDyess going down and saying the same thing. Of course I would never use that as an excuse. Manu is a different story.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, the Lakers shouldn't ever be able to make excuses after the way they were gifted Pau Gasol for nothing.

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Bynum wasn't the player that he is now. I'm not saying he's a beast now, but he wasn't half of what he is now. He isn't nearly as important as Manu is to the Spurs. That would be like DeJuan Blair going down, or McDyess going down and saying the same thing. Of course I would never use that as an excuse. Manu is a different story.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, the Lakers shouldn't ever be able to make excuses after the way they were gifted Pau Gasol for nothing.

What delicious irony :lmao

Spurfan still questioning the merits of that trade after watching Marc Gasol send Timmy into early retirement.

Please continue, this shit is too good :lmao

joshdaboss
05-20-2011, 12:35 AM

I've watched enough of Rudy Gay to know he's the modern day Shareef Abdur-Rahim.

ElNono
05-20-2011, 12:36 AM
lol playing redhead retard 20mpg and expecting defense
lol sitting out starters against lakers then getting one injured the last meaningless game
lol tanking to get the Spurs and being right about it
lol Pop "I wouldn't change a lick"
lol excuses

DMC
05-20-2011, 12:37 AM
See the Phoenix Suns since 2005.
See 6 years ago. Every year isn't every 6 years. A high win team that loses in the playoffs isn't a gimmick. They played the Spurs pretty tough.

Someone needs to cement these goalposts. Everyone seems to want to move them.

Gimmick, 54-60 win team almost every season...no finals appearances.

Not a gimmick, just not good enough to win a ring. You act as if any team who does really well but doesn't win it all is a gimmick. That's called a false dilemma.

Remember me posting fool's gold pics all year while you guys were masturbating to your inflated record? You'll probably say you don't, but I can bump the threads if you like.
I do remember it. You would have claimed a victory on that even had the Spurs went to the Finals. The odds of one specific team winning it all are not nearly as good as one specific team losing. You were simply playing the odds. No one predicted the Spurs would be one game back of the league leaders at the end of the season. No one predicted them to be in the Finals. The Lakers were predicted to win. The sweep by Dallas killed a hell of a lot more predictions than anything did, by people who get paid to predict.

I can call fools gold to any team in the lead, and rest comfortably knowing the odds are in my favor.

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 12:38 AM
lol playing redhead retard 20mpg and expecting defense
lol sitting out starters against lakers then getting one injured the last meaningless game
lol tanking to get the Spurs and being right about it
lol Pop "I wouldn't change a lick"
lol excuses

:lol

I was about to say, you must be face-palming reading these gnsf posts :lol

Kinda how I felt after Kool and cobb were making excuses, tbh

ElNono
05-20-2011, 12:39 AM
Rudy not playing was a net positive for Memphis, but his defense has nothing to do with it. The only reason is that he demands touches, which means guys like ZBo and Conley would get less touches when they were playing out of their minds.

We've been getting beat by a better team for 3+ seasons, which coincides with Bowen losing a step and Pop thinking Bonner is the next Horry. The rest are excuses.

dirk4mvp
05-20-2011, 12:40 AM
I've watched enough of Rudy Gay to know he's the modern day Shareef Abdur-Rahim.

I can't say I take your opinions seriously considering you've already said Gay hasn't proven himself as a good defender.

joshdaboss
05-20-2011, 12:41 AM

Spurfan still questioning the merits of that trade after watching Marc Gasol send Timmy into early retirement.

First and foremost, if you think Marc Gasol wasn't a complete afterthought in that trade and they struck gold with it, you're completely delusional. I'm sure you do realize it, but I'm sure you've been lying to yourself trying to justify that trade for years, so you may even be starting to believe your own lies after all of this time.

Further, Duncan was hardly 'owned' by Marc Gasol. Tim played better than he did. He wasn't prime Duncan, but he was better than Gasol. People became accustomed to Duncan being so consistently excellent for so many years, that when he finally starts to look human and is no longer a focal point in the offense, they misconstrue it as someone else outplaying him.

DMC
05-20-2011, 12:42 AM

We've had this discussion and your viewpoint loses every time, then it gets reintroduced.

Pau won the Lakers 2 rings. Marc got to the 2nd round. Your argument worked better when Memphis was still in it. Also, there needs to be a statute of limitations for "good trade". How many years have gone by since the Gasol trade? How many years did Marc Gasol not do anything? Having a good year does not equal being Pau Gasol.

2008 Pau with Zach and those guys would have probably made the Finals.

By your reasoning, one could say that any trade that allowed a team to get a 1st over pick like Robinson or Duncan was a good trade, if that pick led the team to a successful season eventually, even if that trade was to trade away a star caliber player for a basketball and a bus ticket because it allowed the trading team to lose all their games.

It can be taken to absurdity pretty easily, and you guys go there anytime you act like the Pau trade was a good move for the future of Memphis.

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 12:43 AM
I can call fools gold to any team in the lead, and rest comfortably knowing the odds are in my favor.

It's not about odds, dumbass. It's about knowing that a particular brand of basketball never wins you championships (unless we're talking pre-90's), and stating the obvious. The Spurs were 3-point shooting team with OBVIOUS frontcourt deficiencies.

Anyone with half a fucking brain could see the Spurs were fake. This is about admitting that, and not being a blind, dumbfuck homer

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 12:44 AM
gnsf is the gift that keeps on giving

DMC
05-20-2011, 12:47 AM
It's not about odds, dumbass. It's about knowing that a particular brand of basketball never wins you championships (unless we're talking pre-90's), and stating the obvious. The Spurs were 3-point shooting team with OBVIOUS frontcourt deficiencies.

Anyone with half a fucking brain could see the Spurs were fake. This is about admitting that, and not being a blind, dumbfuck homer
It's exactly about odds. If it's fake, how did it win 61 games? Why don't other franchises who've never done anything do some fake shooting? Why didn't Mike D's team in NY fake a 61 win season? In fact, why didn't any team who lost in the 1st round fake a 61 win season other than SA?

DMC
05-20-2011, 12:47 AM
gnsf is the gift that keeps on giving
Fall back on the Lowest Common Denominator when your argument fails, and get used to it.

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 12:48 AM
We've had this discussion and your viewpoint loses every time, then it gets reintroduced.

Pau won the Lakers 2 rings. Marc got to the 2nd round. Your argument worked better when Memphis was still in it. Also, there needs to be a statute of limitations for "good trade". How many years have gone by since the Gasol trade? How many years did Marc Gasol not do anything? Having a good year does not equal being Pau Gasol.

2008 Pau with Zach and those guys would have probably made the Finals.

You're right, god forbid we take into account that the Memphis GM may have had some forethought and was thinking of the future when he made that trade.

I'm sure he thought javaris crittendon, marc gasol, kwame brown, and co would have an immediate impact and wasn't thinking ahead.

I can see why you think that way, cause Pop and RC have shown no interest in the future :lmao

ElNono

tbh, a dominating front court is not going to win the 'ship this season either. So that right there is debatable. I mean, the Lakers got swept from the 3 point line. The biggest issue for the Spurs was the complete lack of defense in general (not just inside, but also on the perimeter) compounded with the fact that we have 2/3 guys given a major role who have shrinking vaginas.

daslicer

I sense some great hypocrisy right here. You were the biggest blind, dumbfuck homer in that Kobe defense thread a few months ago. I recall you were the one strongly claiming Kobe was a great defensive player when it was clear to everybody his defense was putrid.

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 12:50 AM
It's exactly about odds. If it's fake, how did it win 61 games? Why don't other franchises who've never done anything do some fake shooting? Why didn't Mike D's team in NY fake a 61 win season? In fact, why didn't any team who lost in the 1st round fake a 61 win season other than SA?

You really are a dumbass. This is like talking to a rock.

"We won 61 games, that means we're legit" :cry :cry :cry

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 12:52 AM
Fall back on the Lowest Common Denominator

It's all I need when you consistently live up to the gnsf code.

Explain to me how you think the Spurs were a legit contender with Bonner, Blair, and RJ in the rotation.

Please, explain.

ElNono
Bottom line, in a best of 7 series it's highly unlikely that the best team loses. There could be external factors like injuries or suspensions, but in the Spurs-Memphis series, they both went basically with the same issues going in. They played better, made the stops and the shots when it mattered, and that's that.

DMC
You're right, god forbid we take into account that the Memphis GM may have had some forethought and was thinking of the future when he made that trade.

It was a stupid trade. No one thinks 4 years into the future. Contracts normally only last 4 years anyhow.

I'm sure he thought javaris crittendon, marc gasol, kwame brown, and co would have an immediate impact and wasn't thinking ahead.

He was dumping salary and an All Star to the Lakers. Hey, I don't blame them. It's collusion, but it's not illegal. I wish the Spurs had more buying power for their farm teams like the Toros. The Lakers just have a better D league team.

I can see why you think that way, cause Pop and RC have shown no interest in the future :lmao
Laughing at your own joke is the first sign that it's not funny.

They have shown very little, but once again you are trying to shift the topic from the Pau trade to the Spurs front office. Keep it on track here. Memphis salary dumped to a team they knew would win a ring with the guy they were getting. Jerry West obviously had nothing to do with it.

If it were any two other teams, you would be right on the bandwagon calling out collusion.

joshdaboss
05-20-2011, 12:54 AM
You really are a dumbass. This is like talking to a rock.

"We won 61 games, that means we're legit" :cry :cry :cry

The difference with the teams you're speaking of(like the Suns) and the Spurs, is that the Spurs core has 3 rings together. When they win 61 games, it isn't on accident, or because they're a regular season team. It's because they were healthy for the majority of the year, players knew the system and had a set rotation most of the year, and because they got great bench play. It had little to do with 3 point shooting, although it was one of the things they did excel at.

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 12:55 AM
Bottom line, in a best of 7 series it's highly unlikely that the best team loses. There could be external factors like injuries or suspensions, but in the Spurs-Memphis series, they both went basically with the same issues going in. They played better, made the stops and the shots when it mattered, and that's that.

/thread

The better team ALWAYS wins a 7-game series.

DMC
05-20-2011, 12:56 AM
It's all I need when you consistently live up to the gnsf code.

If my argument is so weak, you should be able to defeat it easily. Instead you "gnsf" as if that's going to somehow make your point less flawed.

Explain to me how you think the Spurs were a legit contender with Bonner, Blair, and RJ in the rotation.

Please, explain.
I don't think they were a legit contender for the ring. I have said as much. Again, you are engaging in bifurcation/false dilemma. There are more options than the 2 extremes you are offering. I don't think Memphis was a legit contender. They weren't a gimmick however.

redzero
05-20-2011, 12:58 AM
The Spurs core is old. I don't think anybody on this forum would claim that the Spurs with a young Big 3 would lose to the Grizzlies. The Big 3, however, isn't young, so you bringing up those rings is pointless.

joshdaboss
05-20-2011, 12:58 AM

Bogans, Brewer, Asik. Anthony, Bibby, Magloire.

See how easy that is?

joshdaboss
05-20-2011, 01:00 AM
The Spurs core is old. I don't think anybody on this forum would claim that the Spurs with a young Big 3 would lose to the Grizzlies. The Big 3, however, isn't young, so you bringing up those rings is pointless.

They aren't young, but they won 61 games. Young teams don't win rings.

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 01:00 AM
It was a stupid trade. No one thinks 4 years into the future. Contracts normally only last 4 years anyhow.

He was dumping salary and an All Star to the Lakers. Hey, I don't blame them. It's collusion, but it's not illegal. I wish the Spurs had more buying power for their farm teams like the Toros. The Lakers just have a better D league team.

Laughing at your own joke is the first sign that it's not funny.

They have shown very little, but once again you are trying to shift the topic from the Pau trade to the Spurs front office. Keep it on track here. Memphis salary dumped to a team they knew would win a ring with the guy they were getting. Jerry West obviously had nothing to do with it.

If it were any two other teams, you would be right on the bandwagon calling out collusion.

Memphis salary dumped, and as a result they gained enough cap room to sign Gay, Conley, and Z-Bo...while add pieces like Battier and Allen.

There goes your whole bad trade argument. Pau Gasol was 0-12 and that was his ceiling with Memphis. The FO saw a way out to build for the future and they took it. Just cause your team received the fruition of all that salary dumping you're getting butthurt.

Fact.

redzero
05-20-2011, 01:01 AM
They aren't young, but they won 61 games. Young teams don't win rings.

They won 61 games and they lost in the first round. What's your point?

I guess I should say "younger."

Venti Quattro
05-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Hypocrites :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

...or morons? :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Where were you when spurfans were calling the D'Antoni Suns gimmick when they were winning 60 games and face-fucking the Lakers?

DMC
05-20-2011, 01:02 AM
It's only pointless if the Spurs were 30-52 last year. They had a winning record then as well. This same core has not had a losing season, have not missed the playoffs, have a winning road record for 14 years in a row. That's not a gimmick. Lack of interior defense isn't a gimmick, it's a weakness. Winning despite it is a strength.

Calling it a gimmick just exposes basketball ignorance.

DMC
05-20-2011, 01:03 AM
Hypocrites :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

...or morons? :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Where were you when spurfans were calling the D'Antoni Suns gimmick when they were winning 60 games and face-fucking the Lakers?

If I was here, I would have argued against it just as I have argued that Kobe didn't rape, that the Mavs didn't choke in the Finals and many other "axioms" that linger around here.

Don't say "gnsf" then try to lump me in with all Spurs fans. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

John Basedow
Bogans, Brewer, Asik. Anthony, Bibby, Magloire.

See how easy that is?

Yes, cause a decrepit Duncan, 33 y/o Manu, and inconsistent TP = Rose, Wade, James, and Bosh in their primes.

gnsf, folks

joshdaboss
They won 61 games and they lost in the first round. What's your point?

I guess I should say "younger."

My point is, they never lose if Manu doesn't get injured the last game of the regular season, in a completely pointless game he should have never even suited up for.

DMC
05-20-2011, 01:04 AM
Yes, cause a decrepit Duncan, 33 y/o Manu, and inconsistent TP = Rose, Wade, James, and Bosh in their primes.

gnsf, folks

False dilemma folks...

Why do you hate God?

Venti Quattro
05-20-2011, 01:04 AM
If I was here, I would have argued against it just as I have argued that Kobe didn't rape, that the Mavs didn't choke in the Finals and many other "axioms" that linger around here.
It just wasn't you. The spur fanbase was shitting on the Suns fans for having a gimmick team. It showed on the court too, so no problem.

Now that the Spurs have the gimmick team, you guys shouldn't have a hard time admitting it. Takes one to know one.

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 01:06 AM
There was an iconic moment in the Grizzlies-Spurs matchup that was pretty much a microcosm of the series: Tim Duncan grabbed a rebound (with 2 hands) and Marc Gasol ripped it from him like he was taking candy from a baby.

Out with the old, in with the new.

DMC
05-20-2011, 01:06 AM
It just wasn't you. The spur fanbase was shitting on the Suns fans for having a gimmick team. It showed on the court too, so no problem.

Now that the Spurs have the gimmick team, you guys shouldn't have a hard time admitting it. Takes one to know one.

It wasn't me at all since I wasn't here.

The Spurs were never presented, even by their own coach, as the best team in the league. They were never presented as a championship caliber team. How is that then a gimmick?

You need a crash course in definitions and debate.

joshdaboss
05-20-2011, 01:07 AM

gnsf, folks

I can play this game as well.

Of course Duncan, Ginobili, Parker don't = Wade, Bosh, James. You're really terrible at arguing, by the way. You named 3 players in the rotation of the Spurs, it had nothing at all to do with whose big 3 was better.

To be honest, though... Duncan/Parker/Ginobili are better than whatever 3 you want to throw out for the Bulls, Mavs or Thunder.

DMC
05-20-2011, 01:08 AM
There was an iconic moment in the Grizzlies-Spurs matchup that was pretty much a microcosm of the series: Tim Duncan grabbed a rebound (with 2 hands) and Marc Gasol ripped it from him like he was taking candy from a baby.

Out with the old, in with the new.

You must not have watched Duncan play for many years. Duncan has always been a liability to lose the ball down low in the post. Even in the championship years, he had that weakness.

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 01:08 AM
Somebody save me please...

Why do you believe in God? It's a crutch for mentally weak people...but it does help explain your arguments.

DMC
05-20-2011, 01:09 AM

Of course Duncan, Ginobili, Parker don't = Wade, Bosh, James. You're really terrible at arguing, by the way. You named 3 players in the rotation of the Spurs, it had nothing at all to do with whose big 3 was better.

To be honest, though... Duncan/Parker/Ginobili are better than whatever 3 you want to throw out for the Bulls, Mavs or Thunder.

Correct, because the three Heat mentioned have 1 ring between them. The Spurs mentioned have 10.

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 01:10 AM
You need a crash course in definitions and debate.

The above statement is coming from a poster who was bukkaked by the whole board in a thread, after which he picked a fight with the owner of the site and got banned.

Just needed to put that out there...

DMC
05-20-2011, 01:11 AM
Why do you believe in God? It's a crutch for mentally weak people...but it does help explain your arguments.
I am an atheist. When people find out, they say "why do you hate God?" It's a similar argument as what you are using. You are suggesting that, because I deny the Spurs are a gimmick, I am saying they were a championship contender. I never made that claim, just as I never claimed to be mad at a god I don't believe in.

It's a weak argument that's normally used by people who have been conditioned to argue as such without thinking it through. If you allow for all the possibilities, you have to admit that there is a spectrum of qualities the Spurs team could have possessed, and "gimmick" is a QnD way of dismissing serious thought on the matter.

DMC
05-20-2011, 01:12 AM
The above statement is coming from a poster who was bukkaked by the whole board in a thread, after which he picked a fight with the owner of the site and got banned.

Just needed to put that out there...

You've pretty much submitted to having lost this argument.

Good night.

redzero
05-20-2011, 01:13 AM
My point is, they never lose if Manu doesn't get injured the last game of the regular season, in a completely pointless game he should have never even suited up for.

And you know that how? Why are you bringing up the injury card? It's mind blowing that you would use that excuse, even though Memphis was missing an essential wing for the entire series.

You claiming that Gay would not make a difference in this series and brining up Manu missing one game is laughable.

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 01:13 AM

You and DMC can't help being homers. It's no sense arguing with a homer at a certain point because they lack the emotional detachment needed to think rationally in discussion. Both of you clowns think the Big 3 is the same they were in 2005.

They aren't the same players they were. Not even close. They have the same heart, but the body's just not there.

joshdaboss
05-20-2011, 01:14 AM
Correct, because the three Heat mentioned have 1 ring between them. The Spurs mentioned have 10.

Well, I'm not delusional. I know Miami's big 3 is better than the Spurs big 3. They have 2 of the top 5 players in the league. That said, the Spurs are a lot deeper than Miami, imo. I do think Duncan would eat Bosh/Anthony alive, though, even today.

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 01:16 AM
You've pretty much submitted to having lost this argument.

Good night.

There it is, folks! Claim victory after getting bukkaked then turn tail.

forever gnsf. Thanks for giving us all a show again, DMC

TampaDude
05-20-2011, 01:17 AM
The Spurs haven't been contenders since they got shafted by Joey C the 2008 WCF.

These are things we know

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 01:18 AM
Well, I'm not delusional. I know Miami's big 3 is better than the Spurs big 3. They have 2 of the top 5 players in the league. That said, the Spurs are a lot deeper than Miami, imo. I do think Duncan would eat Bosh/Anthony alive, though, even today.

...and your credibility is now gone forever. Thanks for the laughs, buddy!
:toast

ElNono
05-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Except for Tony (the youngest of the Spurs' big 3) shitting the bed in the first two games, TD/Manu/TP were not the reason we lost the series. They're just not as dominant as times past, thus the real need for the rest of the role players to step it up much like the did during the season. It's not rocket science. Miami has a Lebron still reaching his prime, Wade in his prime. Chicago has the league MVP in Rose, a top big defender in Noah, and a above average scorer in Boozer.

We don't have that kind of advantage anymore. I don't know about our big 3 being completely done (maybe they are). They're just much more reliant on the players around them bringing something to the table. Be it on defense or offense. We also have a much less margin of error on one of those guys not showing up.

What the Spurs have going forward is a shitty salary situation to try to build a better/younger group to surround whatever is left on the big 3's tank. Which really looks fairly dim. But anything can happen in basketball, that's why we watch.

joshdaboss
And you know that how? Why are you bringing up the injury card? It's mind blowing that you would use that excuse, even though Memphis was missing an essential wing for the entire series.

You claiming that Gay would not make a difference in this series and brining up Manu missing one game is laughable.

What was Memphis' record with Rudy Gay in the lineup again? Refresh my memory, please.

John Basedow
Tampa, I thought the ref excuse comes before the injury excuse here at ST?

You gotta teach these youngins the right spurfan way :lol

TampaDude
05-20-2011, 01:21 AM
Tampa, I thought the ref excuse comes before the injury excuse here at ST?

You gotta teach these youngins the right spurfan way :lol

Rookies...what can ya do, brah??? :lol

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 01:21 AM
Rookies...what can ya do, brah??? :lol

ElNono
05-20-2011, 01:22 AM
We just need a guy like KD that gets 20+ freebies a game... crofl

DMC
05-20-2011, 01:23 AM
There it is, folks! Claim victory after getting bukkaked then turn tail.

Interesting how you assume you have an audience, like this is a school yard and you have a crew. Can't you stand on your own and support your statements without calling for backup?

The bukkake reference is so juvenile. Got anything a bit more seasoned?

forever gnsf. Thanks for giving us all a show again, DMCThere's no "us". Its you. You have to support your own claims. No one else can do that for you, and all the verbal gymnastics and show boating in the world won't change the fact that you haven't supported your claim that the Spurs were a gimmick team.

Since you went to nothing but trolls, there's no need for further discussion. I haven't claimed any victory, just that you have obviously lost.

Critical thinking isn't your strong suit.

joshdaboss
05-20-2011, 01:28 AM
...and your credibility is now gone forever. Thanks for the laughs, buddy!
:toast

According to a guy who is getting shit on by 2 different people. lol Consider the source.

Fact remains, the Spurs bench shits all over Miami's bench. There's absolutely no comparison.

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 01:28 AM
Critical thinking isn't your strong suit.

Think realllll hard about the irony of that statement, coming from you.

DMC
05-20-2011, 01:34 AM
Think realllll hard about the irony of that statement, coming from you.

Think real hard. That's all I ask.

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 01:37 AM
Think real hard. That's all I ask.

Likewise.

DMC
05-20-2011, 01:38 AM
Likewise.

Same here

John Basedow
05-20-2011, 01:39 AM
Same here

Ditto

DMC
05-20-2011, 01:39 AM
Ditto
Back at you

#41 Shoot Em Up
05-20-2011, 03:21 AM
I'm all for shitting on the Spurs, but it takes a real pussy nigga
to say something like this about his own team. Nigga is pussy and Spurs would be better off w/out this sellout nigga.

Muser
05-20-2011, 05:23 AM
So Tony should of said the Spurs are gonna sweep through to the title next year? He's only saying what we all know,barring some miracle trade.

TheManFromAcme
05-20-2011, 07:09 AM

I now Knight thee Sir... :donkey

hardy, har har.....surely you jest

Brazil
05-20-2011, 07:49 AM
gnsf joshdaboss with the gold if Manu healthy talking :lmao

Grizz kicked our ass because our frontcourt sucks. Give me one PO team with a second starting big or primary big coming off the bench worst than the spurs ? Kurt fucking Thomas would immediately be our second best big man.

:cry manu injured :cry
:cry we were the better team :cry
:cry if Pop plays Manu in the first game, we would have won the west :cry

Ace
05-20-2011, 08:28 AM
Fact remains, the Spurs bench shits all over Miami's bench. There's absolutely no comparison.

Lol first round exit
Lol 1st seed in the West
Lol regular season

jag
05-20-2011, 08:39 AM
ElNono with the goods in this thread

DMC
05-20-2011, 09:16 AM
I'm all for shitting on the Spurs, but it takes a real pussy nigga
to say something like this about his own team. Nigga is pussy and Spurs would be better off w/out this sellout nigga.
Join any Laker crews lately?

lefty
05-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Parker is an overrated POS

And he doesn't take any blame for the 1st round exit

Of course, Pop is an asshole and Tim and Manu are older, but TP was nowhere to be seen in the playoffs

Trade his ass, quick

Giuseppe
05-20-2011, 10:22 AM

Coupled with tired old shit bag Duncan yer SOL.

DMC
05-20-2011, 10:26 AM

And he doesn't take any blame for the 1st round exit

Of course, Pop is an asshole and Tim and Manu are older, but TP was nowhere to be seen in the playoffs

Trade his ass, quick
Oh I cannot wait for the 30-52 seasons to start.

You don't blow up a 61 win team. You tweak it and bring in defense. Parker will be fine. He's a proven horse, so why trade him for a prospect?

lefty
05-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Oh I cannot wait for the 30-52 seasons to start.

You don't blow up a 61 win team. You tweak it and bring in defense. Parker will be fine. He's a proven horse, so why trade him for a prospect?
Trade him for a good player :D

If possible :D

Giuseppe
05-20-2011, 10:41 AM
For the proverbial small market team you fellows did peaches. You have only the one regret, well 2:::

1:::you failed chronologically to repeat.

2:::Duncan ended up sniffin' Kobe's blow hole.

Oh, well, saylarvee.

DMC
05-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Trade him for a good player :D

If possible :D

The "good player" myth has been debunked for quite some time. What "good player" is available who has anything close to the pedigree Tony has?

lefty
05-20-2011, 10:58 AM
The "good player" myth has been debunked for quite some time. What "good player" is available who has anything close to the pedigree Tony has?
Good question

Bill_Brasky
05-20-2011, 01:50 PM
No way we get rid of parker. Hes still good. Need to find him a backup who is a true PG.

FkLA
05-21-2011, 01:35 AM
Longoria for Bynum imo.

Comparing the Spurs to the old Suns teams is kind of a stretch too tbh. The Spurs defense has obviously dropped from their championship years but they still werent as horrid as the Suns. They also werent a run and gun every game all game team like them. Duncan, even at this stage of his career, was ten times more of a post presence than the Suns ever had. I wouldnt go as far as calling them a gimmick.

joshdaboss
05-21-2011, 02:28 AM
I now Knight thee Sir... :donkey

hardy, har har.....surely you jest

Why wouldn't he? Anthony is way too short to guard him and Bosh is way too frail. Kevin Garnett was scoring on them IN THE POST for christ sake. That should tell you something.

joshdaboss
05-21-2011, 02:31 AM
gnsf joshdaboss with the gold if Manu healthy talking :lmao

Grizz kicked our ass because our frontcourt sucks. Give me one PO team with a second starting big or primary big coming off the bench worst than the spurs ? Kurt fucking Thomas would immediately be our second best big man.

:cry manu injured :cry
:cry we were the better team :cry
:cry if Pop plays Manu in the first game, we would have won the west :cry

Two things are apparent from your post. Number one, your English is terrible. Number two, your knowledge of the NBA is terrible.

The Grizzlies didn't kick anyone's ass. Every game except for one was up for grabs, even with Manu playing with a Walmart brand sling on his arm. As much as I hate Popobitch, he's always been a no-excuse guy, so it's telling for him to come out and say the Grizzlies weren't the better team and if it weren't for injuries, they'd have beaten them. I agree completely in this case.

Amaso
05-21-2011, 03:04 AM
Comparing the Spurs to the old Suns teams is kind of a stretch too tbh. The Spurs defense has obviously dropped from their championship years but they still werent as horrid as the Suns. They also werent a run and gun every game all game team like them. Duncan, even at this stage of his career, was ten times more of a post presence than the Suns ever had. I wouldnt go as far as calling them a gimmick.

The spurs defense this year was "as bad" as the Suns defense back then, both defenses are average. Also you are overrating Duncan's impact offensively at this stage, I would even consider Amare's post game better and obviously just him alone is more of an inside presence than what the Spurs had this year.

The reason the Spurs won 61 games is because they were deep, they were relatively injury free, luck, trying harder than most teams, and there weren't really that many dominating teams this year in either conference. They were never championship contenders. They are who we thought they were.

Parker is right. The Spurs need to completely blow up the team by trading him and Manu since they can't get rid of Duncan's contract.

Brazil
05-21-2011, 09:17 AM
Two things are apparent from your post. Number one, your English is terrible. Number two, your knowledge of the NBA is terrible.

The Grizzlies didn't kick anyone's ass. Every game except for one was up for grabs, even with Manu playing with a Walmart brand sling on his arm. As much as I hate Popobitch, he's always been a no-excuse guy, so it's telling for him to come out and say the Grizzlies weren't the better team and if it weren't for injuries, they'd have beaten them. I agree completely in this case.

Two things from your post. Number one, I'm pretty sure my english is better than your french, portuguese or spanish. but yeah bottom line my english sucks. Number two, if you don't think Grizz kicked our ass you are a troll or a solid homer.

Giuseppe
05-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Parker is right. The Spurs need to completely blow up the team by trading him and Manu since they can't get rid of Duncan's contract.

Yep. They ain't so f'in' smug now.

IronMexican
05-21-2011, 09:31 AM
If the Lakers traded Bynum for Parker, I'd have to think long and hard about killing myself.

Giuseppe
05-21-2011, 09:56 AM
If the Lakers traded Bynum for Parker, I'd have to think long and hard about killing myself.

One can even dibble & dabble with it in consideration of Bynum's precarious knee problems, but, Parker could never survive Los Angeles. He'd be a nervous wreck, incapable of functioning. His place is in San Antonio. To leave there would mean the end.

DMC
05-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Two things from your post. Number one, I'm pretty sure my english is better than your french, portuguese or spanish. but yeah bottom line my english sucks. Number two, if you don't think Grizz kicked our ass you are a troll or a solid homer.

Yeah, but how is your Brazilian?

ElNono
05-21-2011, 01:53 PM
The "good player" myth has been debunked for quite some time.

Probably just as long as the "bring some defense" myth. How are you going to bring any defensive players when you're through the nose with shitty players having shitty contracts?

DMC
05-21-2011, 02:06 PM
Probably just as long as the "bring some defense" myth. How are you going to bring any defensive players when you're through the nose with shitty players having shitty contracts?

Not even close. If you were talking about trading a top 5 defender to get another top 5 defender, that's different. Improving the defense doesn't have to include blockbuster trades.

ElNono
05-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Not even close. If you were talking about trading a top 5 defender to get another top 5 defender, that's different. Improving the defense doesn't have to include blockbuster trades.

It takes other teams taking on shitty contracts and players, like RJ's or Bonner's contracts... NBDL players won't suddenly make you a top defensive team...

Muser
05-21-2011, 02:31 PM

So what realistic trading chips do the Spurs have to bring in these good defenders?

DMC
05-21-2011, 02:39 PM
It takes other teams taking on shitty contracts and players, like RJ's or Bonner's contracts... NBDL players won't suddenly make you a top defensive team...

The Spurs don't need to be a top defensive team. They just need to be better than they were last year. The offense is going to be there.

DMC
05-21-2011, 02:46 PM
So what realistic trading chips do the Spurs have to bring in these good defenders?

Realistic?

It depends on who wants to dump a quality defender for some bench players.

Also, I think Dice is gone. ?

Muser
05-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Realistic?

It depends on who wants to dump a quality defender for some bench players.

Also, I think Dice is gone. ?

Yeah teams love to dump quality defenders for scrubs :rolleyes

Brazil
05-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Yeah, but how is your Brazilian?

well right now cantthinkofanything tbh

DMC
05-21-2011, 03:27 PM
well right now cantthinkofanything tbh

DMC
05-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Yeah teams love to dump quality defenders for scrubs :rolleyes

The Celtics say hello.

Muser
05-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Difference is Spurs don't have a Jeff Green to trade, they have a Matt Bonner.

DMC
05-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Difference is Spurs don't have a Jeff Green to trade, they have a Matt Bonner.
You are assuming the other team wants a Jeff Green.

pikkiwoki
05-29-2013, 06:16 AM
cliff jumper tbh

DAF86
05-29-2013, 08:26 AM
Parker likes to speak his mind way too much, tbh. If he would have landed in LA or NY he would be a TMZ star.

look_at_g_shred
05-29-2013, 10:09 AM
:wakeup

ElNono
05-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Damn, I was so right in this thread... Nonostradamus, tbh

jdiggy0424
05-29-2013, 04:50 PM
Notice how after Parker said this we've had two great posteason runs in a row. Way to light a fire under the teams ass Tony :toast

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-21-2014, 11:25 PM
fuck you tony

irishock
02-21-2014, 11:28 PM
Cuck's resurgence the past 3 years has been due to this comment, tbh...

TDMVPDPOY
02-22-2014, 05:52 AM
this clown saying this comment, or selling out danny green strategy has got to be the lamest bullshit...yet this bullshit organization still keeping this clown on the team...after what he has done in the last 3 seasons on/off the court shenanigans

Thread
02-22-2014, 10:36 AM
this clown saying this comment, or selling out danny green strategy has got to be the lamest bullshit...yet this bullshit organization still keeping this clown on the team...after what he has done in the last 3 seasons on/off the court shenanigans

They certainly can't haul Parker in for his behavior and let Duncan stay in the closet. You made your homosexual bed. Use rubber sheets in it.

FYM
02-22-2014, 10:42 AM

Another shit post. Have you a master in shit tbh ?

selling out green strategy ? :lol what a chocking revelation, spurs trying to settle green for clean look from deep ? Never thought about it.

I don't see what's the big deal with Parker comment... He was right. Duncan is one of my favorite but he should be the one lighting up fire under spurs asses.