PDA

View Full Version : Manu's Olympic Basketball Stolen

ReverendRobG
09-14-2004, 05:12 PM
Basketball used during Argentina's gold medal game missing
Web Posted: 09/14/2004 11:43 AM CDT

Associated Press

BUENOS AIRES — Emanuel Ginobili suspects that one of his teammates took the basketball used in the match that Argentina won against Italy in the Olympic Games in Athens last month.

Ginobili, the star in that series, said he kept the ball after exchanging it for one of his T-shirts with a member of the organization after Argentina won the game, 84-69.
"My teammates later stole the ball,'' said Manu Ginobili. "There are 11 possibilities,'' he added without giving more details.

He later said that he remembered taking the ball to his room.

"I left my bag and went out to celebrate,'' he said. "When I retured, my computer, the camera, everything was there but not the ball.''

Manu's Olympic Basketball Stolen (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA091404.manu.117765599.html)

ReverendRobG
09-14-2004, 05:18 PM
While there is always the possibility it could have been someone else who stole the ball (cleaning people, team staff, etc), Manu specifically stating it is someone on the team indicates that the possibility of it being someone else is very unlikely. Otherwise, it would be difficult to call out your teammates this way. Maybe he has a strong idea of who it is but he wants to give them a chance to redeem themselves.

timvp
09-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Ironic.

Hedo got two balls stolen from him last April.

WriterNum934
09-14-2004, 05:59 PM
I just got it Timvp. :lol :lol :lol

grjr
09-14-2004, 07:10 PM
Maybe they're gonna hold it for ransom.

jr

SAmikeyp
09-14-2004, 07:27 PM
timvp...you are wayyyyy off about Hedo.

One cannot have stolen what one never possessed.