PDA

View Full Version : Schlitterbahn

Soul_Patch
05-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Anyone been recently? Would it be worth taking kids Ages 2 3 and 5 out there for a day, or would they be to little for it?

I havent been since i was a kid, but i remember having so much fun. It has gotten quite expensive since then, so dont want to waste a bunch of money if they aren't going to enjoy it.

Nathan Explosion
05-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Anyone been recently? Would it be worth taking kids Ages 2 3 and 5 out there for a day, or would they be to little for it?

I havent been since i was a kid, but i remember having so much fun. It has gotten quite expensive since then, so dont want to waste a bunch of money if they aren't going to enjoy it.

My family is going, but I'm not because of work. Having said that, I was hesitant about going anyway because my kids are 2 and 4 and I'd spend my whole day chasing them both around. Personally I think the best time to go is when you can take them with you on all the rides because they can experience the full park.

I haven't been since before my son was born, but last time I was there it was fun.

stretch
05-20-2011, 10:15 AM
I highly recommend. You can bring your own food, parking is free, and they have bus services to take you around the various parks.

Great family place. Just don't expect much in the way of thrill rides. Hurricane Harbor in Arlington has far more thrill type rides.

boutons_deux
05-20-2011, 12:12 PM
the travel channel? rates it as the best water park in USA.

What a goldmine for the owners.

DMC
05-20-2011, 05:00 PM
Insanely fat, pale German women and a horde of overweight couch potato fat ass kids. Oh, they do have good looking female "life guards" to help you along. Just stay away from the feeding hippos.

CubanSucks
05-20-2011, 11:49 PM
Insanely fat, pale German women and a horde of overweight couch potato fat ass kids. Oh, they do have good looking female "life guards" to help you along. Just stay away from the feeding hippos.

I don't think a dad taking his family is really concerned with the looks of everyone else

DMC
05-21-2011, 12:57 AM
I don't think a dad taking his family is really concerned with the looks of everyone else
It's not just about looks. How would you like for little bunkie to go head first into the rear echelon of some cacodemon the size of a snufleupagus? You could really get into some problems around those feeders.

Spurtacus
05-21-2011, 08:39 PM
I can't wait till they open the Schlitterbahn in Cedar Park/Austin in 2012/2012. 95 acres!

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/schlitterbahn-planning-water-park-in-cedar-park-198922.html

boutons_deux
05-21-2011, 08:53 PM
Any body know precisely where the 95 acres are?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=US+183,+Leander,+TX&aq=4&sll=29.512639,-98.421918&sspn=0.000714,0.001032&gl=us&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=U.S.+183,+Leander,+Williamson,+Texas&ll=30.540604,-97.767935&spn=0.063648,0.132093&t=h&z=14

robino2001
05-21-2011, 09:36 PM
NE corner of Parmer and 1431... but notice the date of the article. The construction has been either super super slowed or delayed completely. I know as of a couple of months ago, there were questions on whether the thing was going to be built after all.

As for the original question... 2, 3 and 5 might be too young. I don't know if it's worth paying all of that money to stay in the kiddy areas all day. Maybe wait a couple of years until you can actual go on a variety of rides.

And once upon a time, Schlitterbahn was the place for the mom's to display their newly purchased boobs... and the life guards were usually quite attractive as well. Have only been twice in the past 6, 7 years though so can't say if it still holds true.

Spurtacus
05-21-2011, 09:56 PM
NE corner of Parmer and 1431... but notice the date of the article. The construction has been either super super slowed or delayed completely. I know as of a couple of months ago, there were questions on whether the thing was going to be built after all.

As for the original question... 2, 3 and 5 might be too young. I don't know if it's worth paying all of that money to stay in the kiddy areas all day. Maybe wait a couple of years until you can actual go on a variety of rides.

And once upon a time, Schlitterbahn was the place for the mom's to display their newly purchased boobs... and the life guards were usually quite attractive as well. Have only been twice in the past 6, 7 years though so can't say if it still holds true.

Here is an article from March.

http://www.hillcountrynews.com/news/article_16d4a01c-5a53-11e0-9062-001cc4c002e0.html

Originally 2012 was the launch date but probably won't happen till 2013 now.

Soul_Patch
05-23-2011, 10:03 AM
We ended up going on Sunday (yesterday). I was able to get tickets through the ticket office at Randolph for 29 dollars, if you go on a Sunday. Turned out the park wasn't crowded at all, which was perfect. There were minimal to 0 lines on all of the rides. We ended up having a great time. We managed a few of the tube rides, of course spent an hour or so in the kid park. Ended up only bringing my son as my nieces didn't go. He enjoyed the two more relaxed tube rides we did, but i think would have shit if we went on any of the others.

Overall, a pretty fun day. I've read on tripadvisor, that the park is insanely crowded starting around next weekend, throughout the summer, so im glad we went when we did.

Soul_Patch
05-23-2011, 10:09 AM

So how exactly do you tell a fat German woman from just a regular fat woman? Just curious?

I take it you are probably about 12 to 15 years old, or at least i hope so. As i never saw one lifeguard that was over the age of 16. Most looked to be barely in their teens to be honest.