PDA

View Full Version : 28 Days Later or 28 Weeks Later

CubanSucks
05-20-2011, 03:05 PM
28 Days is more of an epic horror adventure with way better characters, while 28 Weeks is more of a pure action movie. I wouldn't have even thought it was up for debate that 28 Days is better except on Metacritic they have Weeks ahead of Days

I will say
the hot girl in Weeks > the hot black chick and young girl in Days

mojorizen7
05-20-2011, 03:08 PM
28 days has GYBE's music in it so....no contest.

CubanSucks
05-20-2011, 03:09 PM
wtFUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was supposed to be a poll but said poll options can't exceed 2 characters after I already hit the submit poll button?!! This is the second time this shit's happened

jeebus
05-20-2011, 03:20 PM
28 day later, no contest. In 28 weeks, after fuckface became infected, there's no way he would've escaped and infected anyone else. And the way everyone else became infected was ridiculous; the movie is very hard to sit through.

redzero
05-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Hey guys, I noticed that somebody got infected, so the best thing to do would be to put all the civilians in an unsecured, dark room. That will be safe.

lil'mo
05-20-2011, 04:24 PM
who gives a shit? these movies fucking suck. lol surfing metacritic

BlackSwordsMan
05-20-2011, 05:31 PM
We need a good zombie movie imo

symple19
05-20-2011, 05:38 PM
I liked 28 days, but not weeks

scampers
05-20-2011, 06:05 PM
28 days >>>>>>>>>> 28 weeks

quentin_compson
05-20-2011, 06:41 PM
Days is by far the superior movie, of course. But at least they tried to go into a different direction with Weeks instead of just copying the first movie.
Days is a genre movie that goes beyond genre boundaries, Weeks is a decent genre movie with typical genre weaknesses.

jeebus
05-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Hey guys, I noticed that somebody got infected, so the best thing to do would be to put all the civilians in an unsecured, dark room. That will be safe.
Bingo.

greyforest
05-20-2011, 07:34 PM
28 days >>>>>>>>>> 28 weeks

CubanSucks
05-20-2011, 11:55 PM
who gives a shit? these movies fucking suck. lol surfing metacritic

lol it's on IMDB right below the IMDB score

why am I even responding? I know you're just trolling cause if you've actually seen 28 Days you wouldn't be saying this

CubanSucks
05-20-2011, 11:57 PM
We need a good zombie movie imo

Have you seen 28 Days? It's not gonna get any better than that tbh. Especially now considering all the details of zombie movies have just been rehashed over and over. No problem though cause 28 Days is pretty fucking great

IronMaxipad
05-21-2011, 12:22 AM
28 days >>> 28 weeks

I heard they are making a 28 months later

Slydragon
05-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Days was way better for me.

Nathan Explosion
05-21-2011, 11:03 AM
28 Days was great until the ending. That's when I figured out it was a glorified chick flick. :lol

At least with Weeks you have the fucked up scene at the beginning (where he leaves his woman behind instead of fighting for her) and the scene where the snipers are ordered to just shoot anything that moves.

I like Weeks because of the action and Days because of the better story.

If I had to say which was better, I guess I'd go with Days because of the story. It was a twist on a zombie movie in that they weren't actually zombies, but rather people infected with a disease. Not the living dead, but rather the infected living. And they could think and react instead of mindless "brains..." wandering.

Reggie Williams
05-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Sean of the Dead sounds a great flick! Is Sean Connery the star in it? Or perhaps Sean Penn?

Nathan Explosion
05-21-2011, 11:18 AM
28 days later sucked

i saw it and don't remember much of it except that it sucked

Sean of the Dead and Zombieland are much better

For being comedies, yeah.

CubanSucks
05-21-2011, 03:00 PM
28 Days was great until the ending. That's when I figured out it was a glorified chick flick. :lol

At least with Weeks you have the fucked up scene at the beginning (where he leaves his woman behind instead of fighting for her) and the scene where the snipers are ordered to just shoot anything that moves.

I like Weeks because of the action and Days because of the better story.

If I had to say which was better, I guess I'd go with Days because of the story. It was a twist on a zombie movie in that they weren't actually zombies, but rather people infected with a disease. Not the living dead, but rather the infected living. And they could think and react instead of mindless "brains..." wandering.

Just to be sure, you have seen the original ending with them making the big sign and the jet flying over. I loved the ending. But if you're talking about the alternate ending (Jim dies in the hospital and the girls walk out) that apparently took over as the official ending in theaters, then yeah it sucked

CubanSucks
05-21-2011, 03:05 PM
28 days later sucked

i saw it and don't remember much of it except that it sucked

Sean of the Dead and Zombieland are much better

I'd completely agree with Shawn of the Dead, greatest zombie movie ever imo, but Zombieland was fucking terrible. Not one damn funny part with that socially awkward fuck

IronMaxipad
05-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Dawn of the Dead is the greatest zombie movie of all time. Original not remake