PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Chandler: "we took the Thunder too lightly"

Axe Murderer
05-20-2011, 05:41 PM
don't blame him. it's hard to get up for scrub teams like the Thunder.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/columns/story?columnist=macmahon_tim&id=6568826

"When you're afraid of a team or you feel like a team can beat you every single night, you go out there and you play with a certain type of edge," Chandler said, explaining the Mavs' approach while busting out the brooms against Kobe Bryant & Co. "I feel like we came out here and we took these boys lightly. There's a reason why they're in the Western Conference finals. They're not a team to be taken lightly, so we've got to make our adjustments and come out and win Game 3."

monosylab1k
05-20-2011, 05:44 PM
Typical Mavs. Frontrunning jumpchokers still. When they're the underdogs or being doubted, they fight. When they're the favorites, they wilt.

Before Dirk shot those 3 FT's, I KNEW he was going to miss one. Just knew it. Dirk defenders will say "He was bound to miss one" but in that situation you CAN'T miss one. And even tho it's a GNSF opinion, I believe it 100% - Tim Duncan, as shitty a FT shooter as he is, would have drained all 3 of them with the game on the line.

Hooks
05-20-2011, 05:45 PM
It's too bad Dirk choked at the line, the Mavs could've taken that game if he just didn't choke.

dirk4mvp
05-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Typical Mavs. Frontrunning jumpchokers still. When they're the underdogs or being doubted, they fight. When they're the favorites, they wilt.

Before Dirk shot those 3 FT's, I KNEW he was going to miss one. Just knew it. Dirk defenders will say "He was bound to miss one" but in that situation you CAN'T miss one. And even tho it's a GNSF opinion, I believe it 100% - Tim Duncan, as shitty a FT shooter as he is, would have drained all 3 of them with the game on the line.

That was Dirk just showing he's past his prime, tbh.

DMC
05-20-2011, 05:50 PM

I've seen Tim miss big FTs at the end of games plenty times. Of course, those 4 rings do weigh down the shooting hand.

Ghazi
05-20-2011, 05:52 PM
OKC just had a fluke hot shooting game... Mavs in 6-7

DAF86
05-20-2011, 05:54 PM
I've seen Tim miss big FTs at the end of games plenty times. Of course, those 4 rings do weigh down the shooting hand.

What championship winning FT have you seen Tim miss?

Ghazi
05-20-2011, 05:54 PM

:lol Manu > Dirk
:lol faggot

TE
05-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Wow mavfan is really on edge right now. One loss and it's back to choker status.

Chill chill

DAF86
05-20-2011, 05:57 PM
:lol Manu > Dirk
:lol faggot

:lol Pokemon
:lol $200 handjobs

Ghazi
05-20-2011, 06:00 PM
:lol Pokemon
:lol $200 handjobs

:p:

but :lol Manu > Dirk

D-Wade #3
05-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Wow mavfan is really on edge right now. One loss and it's back to choker status.

Chill chill

No way they should lose this series. But imagine if they did :wow

Ghazi

Tim Duncan's lost to a fucking 6 and 8 seed the last 3 years.

:lol Duncan

Axe Murderer
m'fin Ghazi!!!!!

DAF86
05-20-2011, 06:03 PM
:p:

but :lol Manu > Dirk

You made me remember.

:lol gay smilies. ;)

Axe Murderer
05-20-2011, 06:06 PM
http://www.cicsworld.org/blogs/ralasure/yawn-380x540.jpg

http://impertinent.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/getting-old-sucks.jpg

http://www.thenayshun.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/shit1.jpg

http://brownpaperbags.org/wp-content/uploads/brown-paper-bags.jpg

Cessation
05-20-2011, 06:10 PM
I don't know about duncan, but manu would have made all three.

DAF86
05-20-2011, 06:15 PM
I don't know about duncan, but manu would have made all three.

Manu > Duncan > Dirk

DMC
05-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Nice goalpost move...

The Mavs were never in the position to win a championship. They only won 2 games. If it was game 4 and Dirk missed the winning FT, that's different.

DMC
05-20-2011, 06:27 PM

"I smoke shit bags"?

LnGrrrR
05-20-2011, 06:37 PM
No way they should lose this series. But imagine if they did :wow

Son, you need more Rosa Acosta pics in your sig

DAF86
05-20-2011, 06:44 PM
Nice goalpost move...

The Mavs were never in the position to win a championship. They only won 2 games. If it was game 4 and Dirk missed the winning FT, that's different.

For real I wasn't talking about Dirk. Didn' you post a comment saying something like: "Spurs would have one more championship if it wasn't for Duncan's FTs" or something like that or am I just going crazy?

quentin_compson
05-20-2011, 06:50 PM
I don't know if the Mavs took the Thunder too lightly, but there might be some truth in saying that they were a bit complacent after reeling off seven straight playoff wins.
They've got to pick it up defensively. In both games so far, OKC were scoring much too efficiently from Dallas' point of view.

DMC
05-20-2011, 06:52 PM
For real I wasn't talking about Dirk. Didn' you post a comment saying something like: "Spurs would have one more championship if it wasn't for Duncan's FTs" or something like that or am I just going crazy?

I said his 4 rings weigh down the shooting hand. Duncan never missed any championship winning free throws. I don't think he's ever attempted any.

DAF86
05-20-2011, 06:56 PM
I said his 4 rings weigh down the shooting hand. Duncan never missed any championship winning free throws. I don't think he's ever attempted any.

I swear to the FSM that I read "If Duncan was a better FT shooter the Spurs would have at least one more champioship, I think" or something like that. Didn't you write that and then edited it? Please answer me with the true 'cause I'm worried for my mental sake :lol

Giuseppe
05-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Chandler and others figured the Thunder would roll over like the Blazers & the Lakers did.

Uh, uh.

No team wants to be resisted. Then it's no longer "fun." Then it's work & drudgery & uncertainty. Americans don't like any of that.

DMC
05-20-2011, 07:02 PM
I swear to the FSM that I read "If Duncan was a better FT shooter the Spurs would have at least one more champioship, I think" or something like that. Didn't you write that and then edited it? Please answer me with the true 'cause I'm worried for my mental sake :lol
You quoted me then responded to something else. I did that once, ended up being a thread above the one I quoted.

DAF86
05-20-2011, 07:08 PM
My bad then. But it's really weird 'cuse there isn't another thread about FT/Duncan/Dirk.

DMC
05-20-2011, 07:15 PM
My bad then. But it's really weird 'cuse there isn't another thread about FT/Duncan/Dirk.
Would I steer you wrong bro?

:lmao

What I actually said was "If Tim had Dirk's FT shooting ability, the Spurs would probably have at least 1 more ring"

frodo
05-20-2011, 07:18 PM
TC played too gentle in this series imho. nig should just go hard on those OKC rednecks the way he does ghazi's wife

DAF86
05-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Hahaha I knew it. Good to know I'm not that crazy. What did me wrong is that I quoted your comment already edited.

DMC
05-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Hahaha I knew it. Good to know I'm not that crazy. What did me wrong is that I quoted your comment already edited.
I couldn't get it across how I wanted it to sound. If Tim shot the FT like Dirk, there's no way the Spurs lose to the Mavs in 2006. In fact, with his post game and bank shot, Tim would be an absolute terror if he shot 90% or whatever from the line.

I was having fun at your expense. Sorry bro. :toast

DAF86
05-20-2011, 07:24 PM
No prob. :toast

kamikazi_player
05-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Can you guys not post pictures of shit? I just ate. kthxbai

DMC
05-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Can you guys not post pictures of shit? I just ate. kthxbai
I thought that was chocolate ice cream.

endrity
05-20-2011, 08:20 PM
They still have the best player in the series, and they learned that they can get at Perkins using screens with Chandler, and that Stevenson is probably a better defender on Durant than Marion.

They should win, but it's gonna go 6 or 7.

LkrFan
05-20-2011, 09:31 PM

Spurs da champs
05-20-2011, 09:52 PM
Who are the Mavs to take anyone lightly they've yet to win shit!

Gutter92
05-20-2011, 10:19 PM
"I smoke shit bags"?

Tired old shit bag, you fucking idiot.

Gutter92
05-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Tim Duncan's lost to a fucking 6 and 8 seed the last 3 years.

:lol Duncan

Dirks lost to a fucking 7 and 8 seed

DMC
05-20-2011, 10:46 PM
Tired old shit bag, you fucking idiot.
Are you serious? No fucking way.

DeadlyDynasty
05-21-2011, 01:44 AM
TC played too gentle in this series imho. nig should just go hard on those OKC rednecks the way he does ghazi's wife

TC's been alright so far...I think the bigger problem lies with the ease in which they've been getting dribble penetration. Harden and Durant (and to some extent Westbrook) were killing them there, and faced hardly any resistance from the wing defenders. I realize it's no easy task for Peja, Kidd, and others to D these guys up, but you gotta make it more difficult to enter the lane.

DPG21920
05-21-2011, 08:39 AM
It's also a problem that Dallas has no one outside of Dirk or Barea ( who barely plays) that can create their own shot and get into the paint. When they aren't in the game, the offense is somewhat stagnant. While the ball doesn't "stick", it moves only around the 3pt line. A lot of that is masked by their great shooting, but Dirk & Barea need to play a lot.

Thunder have KD, Westbrook (although his shot sucks) & Harden that can all do the one on one thing well.

It'll be on the Mavs defense which has served them well.

Brazil
05-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Harden is really surprising me during these POs, kid is good, he is not afraid and plays like a vet... good stuff

mavsfan1000
05-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Mavs are losing this series. And no they didn't take the Thunder lightly. It's just a bad matchup. Thunder are loaded. Great bench and unstoppable Durant.

Giuseppe
05-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Mavs fans are a wounded bunch. They're so scarred that it is tragic to behold. It's akin to our inability to beat Boston prior to '85. It's a horrible thing for a fandom to have these fears & heart break. It never ends. It's never far away from your psyche. It's a torturous existence for fan. You try and stay away from the source of your misery, hoping it will fade, but, it doesn't. So you come to the arena (like this), or, mix with people of different allegiances in real time and the undercurrent is palpable.

The diseased simian never leaves your back. He's always there.

Axe Murderer
05-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Mavs fans are a wounded bunch. They're so scarred that it is tragic to behold. It's akin to our inability to beat Boston prior to '85. It's a horrible thing for a fandom to have these fears & heart break. It never ends. It's never far away from your psyche. It's a torturous existence for fan. You try and stay away from the source of your misery, hoping it will fade, but, it doesn't. So you come to the arena (like this), or, mix with people of different allegiances in real time and the undercurrent is palpable.

The diseased simian never leaves your back. He's always there.

mavsfan1000 isn't really a Mav fan

mavsfan1000
05-21-2011, 10:57 AM
mavsfan1000 isn't really a Mav fan
Yes I am actually. I'm a realist though. I call it like I feel will happen.

DPG21920
05-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Why do yall dog on Mavfan1000? Just because he isn't a raging homer?

Giuseppe
05-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Yes I am actually. I'm a realist though. I call it like I feel will happen.

He's like a lot of Mavs Fans:::his mind can take no more. It's a human trait. The mind shuts down after just so much misery. Like a rape victim, or, an assault victim. Your mind can only process so much tragedy before it goes into a coma state where it blocks any further calamity. That's where 1000 is at.

I was in a similar, albeit less corosive state prior to '85. I still had my rings to salve my wounds. I couldn't beat Boston, and was tortured for it endlessly, but, I had a rampart to fall behind and get sustenance to survive.

Mavs Fan has nothing, but, a litany of boundless tragedy & catastrophe. It's a desolate existence for them.

mavsfan1000
05-21-2011, 11:07 AM
They love to pick on people around here. It makes them feel better about themselves. I used to be a cocky mavs fan but I've gotten served too many times with that attitude. I've taken a 180 degree turn for sure and began seeing our faults and how great that other team is now. I especially feel that way about OKC.

Axe Murderer
05-21-2011, 11:09 AM

cause he's a faggot

DMC
05-21-2011, 11:11 AM
HP3cSZQCPdA