PDA

View Full Version : Dirk is to blame for tonights horrid shooting performance.

Muse
05-21-2011, 10:13 PM
It also has to do with where they are giving him the ball, he's most effective in the mid post range..not near the sideline where Collison can corner him. Dirk is trying to force things in the paint instead of just kicking it out.

Simple adjustment that Carlisle has to make.

endrity
05-21-2011, 11:10 PM
True! I had visions of GS 2007 series, where Dirk was getting the ball at the 3 pt line, having to dribble past wing players with 10-12 seconds left.

Ever since Kidd came, the Mavs haven't had those kind of problems anymore, with Kidd being great at entry passes. But tonight they were awful.

frodo
05-21-2011, 11:20 PM
agreed tbh, thunder just knew it and did they best to prevent dirk getting the ball where he's most efficient. it ain't dirks fault though, the other 4 nigs should all be blamed imo, and RC as well

JamStone
05-21-2011, 11:21 PM
This is off topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread...

Does anyone else think that Dirk is an underrated shit talker / dirty player? And I don't mean that in a bad way. I think for a while, with the "soft" and "choke" labels, people have often viewed Dirk as a quiet guy for the most part. I mean, he let David West slap him and didn't do shit in response. But I'm starting to think that Dirk does some shit or talks some shit to get under the skin of opponents. That little elbow to Westbrook initiating him to retaliate then get the tech showed me something. And I really thought at the time that there was more to Lamar Odom's shoulder into Dirk in game 4 other than frustration about losing. I think Dirk may be an underrated shit talker and dirty player. And that actually makes me like his game more, if it's true. For him to do it on the low and really get to people without it being like a Gary Payton style of shit talk but instead with the perception of being a "soft" type of player would actually impress me.

ElNono
05-21-2011, 11:23 PM
It's probably just you Jammy...

Axe Murderer
05-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Does anyone else think that Dirk is an underrated shit talker / dirty player?

He probably is. I just recently started noticing it. I saw him say "Let's go motherfuckers" in slow motion during a replay:lol

endrity
05-21-2011, 11:24 PM

Does anyone else think that Dirk is an underrated shit talker / dirty player? And I don't mean that in a bad way. I think for a while, with the "soft" and "choke" labels, people have often viewed Dirk as a quiet guy for the most part. I mean, he let David West slap him and didn't do shit in response. But I'm starting to think that Dirk does some shit or talks some shit to get under the skin of opponents. That little elbow to Westbrook initiating him to retaliate then get the tech showed me something. And I really thought at the time that there was more to Lamar Odom's shoulder into Dirk in game 4 other than frustration about losing. I think Dirk may be an underrated shit talker and dirty player. And that actually makes me like his game more, if it's true. For him to do it on the low and really get to people without it being like a Gary Payton style of shit talk but instead with the perception of being a "soft" type of player would actually impress me.

You're right, and I've noticed he is a bit more into it when Chandler is around. But I hope the rest of the league still thinks of him as the nice guy, that's a lot of techs avoided right there.

DAF86
05-22-2011, 09:29 AM

If he was, rumour would have spread already.

About Dirk's performance I think Collison did a great job, he has the size to bother Dirk's shot and the mobility to stay with Nowitzki when he puts the ball on the floor. It also helped Nick that every little contact wasn't called a foul.

dirk4mvp
05-22-2011, 11:17 AM

About Dirk's performance I think Collison did a great job, he has the size to bother Dirk's shot and the mobility to stay with Nowitzki when he puts the ball on the floor. It also helped Nick that every little contact wasn't called a foul.

As opposed to every little contact that was a foul on the other end.

ZB 512
05-22-2011, 11:25 AM

1. Dirk elbowed West right in the grill before that

2. Dirk is not an idiot. Punching West or shooting him in the face with a suppressed shotgun might draw a suspension. The Mavs kinda needed Dirk. He averaged 32 and 10 that series.

3. To answer your question...yes Dirk is an underrated shit talker

dude1394
05-22-2011, 01:06 PM

Since dirk shot 3 ft's total and 1 of them were for a technical. I'd say that it helped Nick that ANY contact wasn't called a foul. Which I thought pretty shocking watching durant/westbrook parade to the line.

endrity
05-22-2011, 01:18 PM

lol Manu > Dirk

Sportstudi
05-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Since dirk shot 3 ft's total and 1 of them were for a technical. I'd say that it helped Nick that ANY contact wasn't called a foul. Which I thought pretty shocking watching durant/westbrook parade to the line.

Well, and the other 2 FT's were due to an intentional foul in the end of the game to stop the clock. Thus, Dirk didn't get one single FT based on a foul on the offensive end by Collison or other players from OKC. That's flat out ridiculous.

DAF86
05-22-2011, 03:59 PM
As opposed to every little contact that was a foul on the other end.

True, refs should just start calling it old fashioned, That's what the playoffs should be anyways, good physical battles that finish in the 80's.

DAF86
05-22-2011, 04:01 PM
lol Manu > Dirk

lol mad about me saying that someone could do a decent job guarding Dirk.

DAF86
05-22-2011, 04:02 PM

But still, I don't recall any blatant foul that wasn't called on Dirk.

Ghazi
05-22-2011, 04:04 PM
:lol Manu > Dirk