05-21-2011, 11:18 PM
Strong to quite strong, no?

ElNono
05-21-2011, 11:19 PM
Better than Gasoft/Drew...

N:lolA = F:lolcked

NewJerSpur
05-21-2011, 11:19 PM
Playing him pretty physical. Dirk's got to stop swinging the ball threw low on dude before the dribble or he'll keep getting it stripped.

Isitjustme?
05-21-2011, 11:20 PM
When he did become so good? I thought he blew on D a few years ago.

Axe Murderer
05-21-2011, 11:20 PM
i said the whole time that Collison would be the best big on Dirk

scrappy white guys always give him the most trouble

ElNono
05-21-2011, 11:22 PM
At least we can dispell the myth that Perkins was that great defender... he's just fucking bitchmade...

JamStone
05-21-2011, 11:25 PM
Dirk should go to the cops and file a sexual assault charge. Collison had his hands all over Dirk.

He's playing tough and certainly has given Dirk some problems. But he's grabbing and groping and caressing and fondling Dirk like it's Saturday night in the back of the movie theater.

endrity
05-21-2011, 11:27 PM
Dirk should go to the cops and file a sexual assault charge. Collison had his hands all over Dirk.

He's playing tough and certainly has given Dirk some problems. But he's grabbing and groping and caressing and fondling Dirk like it's Saturday night in the back of the movie theater.

I don't mind as long as they let Marion do the same over at the other side with Durant. But as I said in the other thread, Marion gets calls against him for trying to get through screens.

And Jammy, not even you would say that Durant plays more physically than Dirk. If anything it's the other way around.

Killakobe81
05-21-2011, 11:27 PM

True but Kidd has done the same late in the 4th all playoffs on Kobe and Durant, but it was pretty crazy how the reffing has changed since Game 1 where they called all of those plus things less physical than that.

Isitjustme?
05-21-2011, 11:30 PM
At least we can dispell the myth that Perkins was that great defender... he's just fucking bitchmade...

rofl this is idiotic. He's ten months out from acl surgery. He himself says his knee is at 65%. Besides all that he's a center.

sefant77
05-21-2011, 11:31 PM
He went all Haslem/McDyess.

Its specially great in games where they call every touch crap on the other end of the court

endrity
True but Kidd has done the same late in the 4th all playoffs on Kobe and Durant, but it was pretty crazy how the reffing has changed since Game 1 where they called all of those plus things less physical than that.

They certainly didn't let the Mavs get away with much this game.

monosylab1k
Strong to quite strong, no?

It actually does take alot of strength to constantly grab, hook, and hold a man for 48 minutes.

Muse
While it's true that Collison is playing good defense on Dirk, I think it has to do more with where Dirk is getting the ball. I have NO idea why they are getting him the ball at the top of the key or near the sideline, that is just an advantage to Collison because he's just crowding him and fondling him whenever HE can.

Carlisle has to make the adjustment to get Dirk in the mid post range, where Dirk can back Collison down and then go for the fadeaway. Collison is good but Dirk's offense is better and I think with some simple adjustments Dirk should be alright.

monosylab1k
05-21-2011, 11:33 PM
tbh Collison should just see how far the refs will let him go and bear hug Dirk at some point.

Isitjustme?
05-21-2011, 11:33 PM
tbh no one can stop Dirk but Collison's defense on him and Randolph these playoffs has been pretty impressive. Unless you're some delusional nut hugger. Dirk'll probably drop 40 next game anyways.

DeadlyDynasty
05-21-2011, 11:34 PM
He's the best defender on him they have to offer, especially when he can foul with impunity.

monosylab1k
05-21-2011, 11:36 PM
scrappy white guys always give him the most trouble

http://www.nba.com/media/rockets/bowerninside.jpg

Axe Murderer
05-21-2011, 11:37 PM
always thought Varejao guarded him the best overall tbh

NewJerSpur
05-21-2011, 11:38 PM
Ibaka, though not as physical, did a pretty good job keeping Dirk at bay heading into the 4th by making him take some long range strongly contested shots as well. When he got help from Perk in cutting off the baseline layup it forced Dirk to either have to throwup a bad shot or force a tough pass to the corner in traffic.

ElNono
05-21-2011, 11:41 PM
rofl this is idiotic. He's ten months out from acl surgery. He himself says his knee is at 65%. Besides all that he's a center.

He's still bitchmade... he never stopped being bitchmade... and it's not surprising that he looked great next to KG, but looks fucking lost next to Ibaka...

Isitjustme?
05-21-2011, 11:45 PM
He's still bitchmade... he never stopped being bitchmade... and it's not surprising that he looked great next to KG, but looks fucking lost next to Ibaka...

He looked great turning Dwight Howard into a shot blocking Horace Grant when KG missed that playoffs though. All by himself not double team help whatsoever :wow

ElNono
05-21-2011, 11:47 PM
He looked great turning Dwight Howard into a shot blocking Horace Grant when KG missed that playoffs though. All by himself not double team help whatsoever :wow

How that worked out for Boston?
What happened when KG came back?

Shank
05-21-2011, 11:48 PM
Nono is right. Perkins is a product of a championship that magically turned him into some bball legend. He's a squatty Ryan Hollins.

DeadlyDynasty
05-21-2011, 11:49 PM
Perkins just doesn't matchup well with Dallas. The only time he was effective on D was against Haywood. Chandler's too long and athletic for him. Nazr needs to see more time.

Isitjustme?
05-21-2011, 11:52 PM
Howard has blown this series, but thats partially due to his knee and Dallas not having any low post threats, limiting his usefulness. Next year he will beast. By that I mean make an all defensive team, shut people down in the post, rebound, block shots, score around the basket, etc. hes never gonna be some 18/10 guy.

Isitjustme?
05-21-2011, 11:53 PM
How that worked out for Boston?
What happened when KG came back?

They were a Perk injury away from a chip. wtf are you talking about?

Axe Murderer
05-21-2011, 11:57 PM
Perkins just matches up bad in this series.

He's just an interior defensive presence. He can't guard guys like Dirk, and Chandler isn't a 1 on 1 type of player so his defensive skills aren't really useful in a series like this

ElNono
05-21-2011, 11:57 PM
They were a Perk injury away from a chip. wtf are you talking about?

With KG back... what happened when KG missed the playoffs?

Perk is bitchmade, severely overrrated and to top it off, ugly as hell.

DeadlyDynasty
05-21-2011, 11:58 PM
Perk obviously makes a difference, imo. OKC improved their PPG defense by 10 with him in there, so he's changed the culture in the short time he's been there...but as stated before Chandler is a terrible matchup for him. He's too quick and often beats him for position under the basket

DeadlyDynasty
05-21-2011, 11:59 PM
Perkins just matches up bad in this series.

He's just an interior defensive presence. He can't guard guys like Dirk, and Chandler isn't a 1 on 1 type of player so his defensive skills aren't really useful in a series like this

sonofabitch beat me to it

Veterinarian
05-22-2011, 12:02 AM
Elnono makes a great point; Perkins should have just carried Boston to a title without their best player if he was worth anything.

Axe Murderer
05-22-2011, 12:03 AM
:lol

ElNono
05-22-2011, 12:04 AM
Perk is a banger... he should be able to control a low post guy like Chandler, but obviously can't. I'm surprised Nazr is not seeing minutes, tbh.

ElNono
05-22-2011, 12:06 AM
Elnono makes a great point; Perkins should have just carried Boston to a title without their best player if he was worth anything.

The story here was that Boston lost the finals when Perk went down, and Boston chances this season ended when Perkins was traded. So obviously you would think his superlative defensive talents would be on display...

White scrub better than Perk? GTFO :lol

Isitjustme?
05-22-2011, 12:07 AM
a low post guy like Chandler:lmao:lmao:lmao

ElNono
05-22-2011, 12:09 AM
Chandler plays on the perimeter

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Kyle Orton
05-22-2011, 12:10 AM

:lmao

Isitjustme?
05-22-2011, 12:10 AM
Chandler scores on putbacks and cuts off the ball. He does next to nothing in the low post.

ElNono
05-22-2011, 12:11 AM
Chandler scores on putbacks and cuts off the ball. He does next to nothing in the low post.

Wait. Putbacks from the 3 point line? Wow, that Chandler is an athlete...

:lmao:lmao:lmao

ElNono
05-22-2011, 12:12 AM
Did you guys see Chandler's monster jam from the free throw line extended?

:lol:lol:lol

DeadlyDynasty
05-22-2011, 12:14 AM
Dirk, Marion, and Kidd were all big, but Chandler's rebounding is what demoralized OKC, imho. Dude had a lot of huge, momentum-halting offensive boards

Isitjustme?
05-22-2011, 12:14 AM
He's not scoring in the post ie; getting the ball with his back to the basket and backing people down to score like a "low post scorer" dumbass. Is this a language barrier thing?

Isitjustme?
05-22-2011, 12:15 AM
Getting an offensive rebound and putting it back in is not "low post" scoring.

ElNono
05-22-2011, 12:16 AM
He's not scoring in the post ie; getting the ball with his back to the basket and backing people down to score like a "low post scorer" dumbass. Is this a language barrier thing?

I said he plays in the low post. Here, for GNSF that are new to basketball:

http://www.youth-basketball-tips.com/images/unmarkedregionpic.gif

It's a position on the court, which Perkins is supposed to excel at defending...

ElNono
05-22-2011, 12:17 AM
Dirk, Marion, and Kidd were all big, but Chandler's rebounding is what demoralized OKC, imho. Dude had a lot of huge, momentum-halting offensive boards

unsung hero in the 4th, imo

Isitjustme?
05-22-2011, 12:18 AM
In America a low post scorer is always someone who scores with their back to the basket. Not sure what country you live in.

ElNono
"low post scorer"

Who said that? I said he's a low post guy... that's where he operates.

Isitjustme?
No one calls Tyson Chandler a "low post scorer" unless they want to be laughed at.

ElNono
In America a low post scorer is always someone who scores with their back to the basket. Not sure what country you live in.

I never called him a low post scorer.... try again...

Kyle Orton
Sorry senor, criticizing Perkins for not dominating without KG was retarded, but ElNono is right here. TC plays in the low post. He's not a "low post scorer", but he rebounds, defends, get his hustle points, etc. all in the low post area.

ElNono
05-22-2011, 12:19 AM
No one calls Tyson Chandler a "low post scorer" unless they want to be laughed at.

Quote where I said he was a "low post scorer"...

<crickets>

Dumbass

Kyle Orton
05-22-2011, 12:19 AM

He never called him a low post scorer

ElNono
05-22-2011, 12:20 AM
lol pulling the language card with no reading comprehension...

Is it a language thing? :lmao

Kyle Orton
05-22-2011, 12:21 AM
lol pulling the language card with no reading comprehension...

Is it a language thing? :lmao

Yeah um dets a bit ironic

Isitjustme?
05-22-2011, 12:21 AM
He never called him a low post scorer

tbh maybe this is a misunderstanding. Perkins excels defending post scorers and when people say so and so is a "low post guy" or scores in the "low post" aren't they pretty much always referring to guys scoring with their backs to the basket? I've never heard it used any other way.

Axe Murderer
05-22-2011, 12:22 AM
http://decoratecountry.com/shop-for-lodge-rustic-decor/images/LET-L.jpg

http://www.visualphotos.com/photo/2x3264736/woman_in_santa_claus_hat_shaking_her_finger_42-17890205.jpg

Kyle Orton
05-22-2011, 12:22 AM
tbh maybe this is a misunderstanding. Perkins excels defending post scorers and when people say so and so is a "low post guy" or scores in the "low post" aren't they pretty much always referring to guys scoring with their backs to the basket? I've never heard it used any other way.

When I hear "low post guY' i interpret it as someone who plays in the low post

ElNono
05-22-2011, 12:23 AM
Let's put it in plain english, tbh...

Chandler operates in the low post (low block if you want to call it that). Perkins is supposed to be a superior defender there. As I said, seeing how ineffective he's been I'm surprised stone hands Nazr hasn't seen the court more.

mavsfan1000
05-22-2011, 12:24 AM
Refs let him beat up on Dirk. Refs defense was great on Dirk.

Kyle Orton
05-22-2011, 12:26 AM

Chandler operates in the low post (low block if you want to call it that). Perkins is supposed to be a superior defender there. As I said, seeing how ineffective he's been I'm surprised stone hands Nazr hasn't seen the court more.

I put more blame on OKC's perimeter defense which causes a domino effect. Perkins has to come over and help early which leaves Chandler free to nab offensive rebounds or free for ally oops. It's not like Perkins is simply missing box outs, he has to be in two places at once because of how bad OKC is defending the pick and roll.

ElNono
05-22-2011, 12:32 AM
I put more blame on OKC's perimeter defense which causes a domino effect. Perkins has to come over and help early which leaves Chandler free to nab offensive rebounds or free for ally oops. It's not like Perkins is simply missing box outs, he has to be in two places at once because of how bad OKC is defending the pick and roll.

You would think at this point Brooks would direct help to come from somewhere else... you also have to give credit to Chandler... he's playing like he wants it more, and when Perk tried to bait him and get under his skin, he didn't bite.

Kyle Orton
05-22-2011, 12:34 AM
Yeah Chandler gets tons of credit as DD said he had a key offensive rebound every time OKC was about to gain momentum, and IMO it's pretty clear Brooks is getting severely outcoached in this series.

He was great for OKC as a moral coach to get them from being a bottom feeder to being a respectable playoff team and I never thought he'd take them this far, but if they're gonna take the next step they need a better X's and O's coach.

Isitjustme?
05-22-2011, 12:37 AM

Perkins excels defending back to the basket scorers especially bigger guys. When healthy he is a good rim defender but not elite imho. I don't think you can fully judge him until next season since acl surgeries always take two years to recover from. I'll admit he looks pretty limited right now, but I've been impressed with him in the past. Especially in the 2009 ECSF against Boston.

Veterinarian
05-22-2011, 01:12 AM
Oh, I'll bet isitjustme? most definitely does not anticipate going to the sidelines and talking to his team's on field management following that collossal error. And btw isitjustme?, in case you don't know the sideline is defined as "The boundary marking out-of-bounds on each side of the court." See the following link for more info:

http://www.sportspectator.com/fancentral/basketball/guide04.html