PDA

View Full Version : Pursue : Prince, Battier or Grant Hill ?

analyzed
05-22-2011, 03:14 AM
Question all of the above are unrestricted free agents , who should the Spurs pursue and who do we have the best shot of signing ?

Hooks
05-22-2011, 06:21 AM
1. Chandler: Great size, can knock down the 3, and plays great defense, and the Spurs may be able to get him for cheap.

2. Battier: Good size, can defend and knock down the 3

3. Prince: Can the Spurs even afford this guy? If they can he instantly moves up to #1 on my list.

4. Hill: He's a great player and all but he'll probably retire once next season is over, I'd rather the Spurs sign someone they can have for at least 2+ years.

Muser
05-22-2011, 06:59 AM
No, no and no.

tdunk21
05-22-2011, 08:36 AM
prince first on the list coz he is younger than battier and hill and moreover 3 of them play a very similar game....

tdunk21
05-22-2011, 08:37 AM
can we get prince or wilson chandler for the MLE?

Mel_13
05-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Can't talk to any of these guys until the lockout ends.

Won't know if the MLE still exists until the terms of the new CBA are known.

If the MLE still exists, Spurs may not be willing to increase payroll and use it.

If the MLE exists and they're willing to use it, SF is not the position of greatest need. Use it to pursue a big like DeAndre Jordan or Sam Dalembert.

ChuckD
05-22-2011, 08:59 AM
No more old guys.

elemento
05-22-2011, 09:22 AM
We will not get another SF unless we trade Dick Jefferson.

bigfan
05-22-2011, 10:18 AM
We dont need anymore oldtimer free agents. Better to find another unknown like Neal.

sananspursfan21
05-22-2011, 10:36 AM
No more old guys.

i kinda gotta agree on this one. if there was a gun to my head, i'd pick prince though

myhc
05-22-2011, 11:20 AM
No more old guys.

SenorSpur
05-22-2011, 11:31 AM
No, no and no.

+1

None of these guys makes any sense, whatsoever. The Spurs are clearly in a declining freefall, as far as their championship window is concerned. They are heavily tied financially, in two players (Duncan and Ginobili), whose best days are likely behind them.

All that said, what's the sense compounding their decline by bringing in any player(s), who are at or nearing the end of their careers? Since they are about a year away from rebuilding, it's time to "stem the tide" and invest in players who will become part of their future.

Pass on all three of these guys, please!

cdcast
05-22-2011, 11:51 AM
can we get prince or wilson chandler for the MLE?

Sadly, Spurs have no shot at Chandler. Even if Tim opts out and signs a smaller contract, no shot- thanks to RJ's bitch of a contract.:depressed

Prince as a Plan C or D (which is how it always goes for the Spurs) would be okay I guess.

Spurs better hope one of them (Butler, Green, or Anderson) has a breakout season.

TDMVPDPOY
05-22-2011, 02:55 PM
td n gino contract expirin, can see spurs FO going the cheap route not usin MLE or signin any big long term contracts

Ditty
05-22-2011, 03:03 PM
I still can't believe we gave RJ a player option for his 4th year, except a team option, that's why he is untradeable,...guy is MLE player at this point of his career. Worst decision then Scola now.

back to topic, Wilson Chandler was one of my favorite players until he pullled a Spurs good regular season player, and disappeared in the playoffs, but still young not like these other guys the Spurs have who don't have any balls. Tayshuan would be the perfect starting small forward, with Battier backing him up in our system. Battier may be an option but with grizz recent playoff success they will overpay him for next 2 or 3 years to stay in memphis, which is fine with me, because then they might not have any money to resign Gasol, which would make them irrelevant again ;).

Anonymous Cowherd
05-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Prince would be perfect, and not totally unrealistic (coughChandler)

crc21209
05-22-2011, 03:53 PM
They're all old, I really don't see how they would improve an already aging Spurs team....

ChuckD
05-22-2011, 04:11 PM
Prince would be perfect, and not totally unrealistic (coughChandler)

Prince suffers from the RJ tons of talent but fucking passive as hell syndrome.

TimDunkem
05-22-2011, 04:30 PM
If the Spurs are going the FA route for a 3 they should make a run at Kirilenko.

Spurs da champs
05-22-2011, 04:33 PM
If the Spurs are going the FA route for a 3 they should make a run at Kirilenko.

That dude is always hurt and not that good.

TimDunkem
05-22-2011, 04:39 PM
That dude is always hurt and not that good.
He's still a realistic option.

There aren't many better options.

Chomag
05-22-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm not sure if spurs have the money for AK47 but I think he would fit well in the spurs system if he came at a decent price. He wouldn't add bulk in the paint but he does block shots at a very good clip for his position and he would shore up the much needed improvement at the Spurs SF.

This move still wouldn't answer all of the spurs huge wholes, but it would be a pretty good start. I honestly think another team will offer him more money then what the spurs are willing too, or capable of though.

lefty
05-22-2011, 05:10 PM
It has nothing to do with age, but more with position needs

We need bigs

MR.SILVER&BLack
05-22-2011, 05:22 PM
DeAndre Jordan, Alexis Ajinca, Kyrylo Fesenko, Brandan Wright are gonna be our targets and most realistic pickups. none of these players will make us contender but would be another step towards building for the future. but i really hope we can pickup jordan.

lefty
05-22-2011, 05:23 PM
DeAndre Jordan, Alexis Ajinca, Kyrylo Fesenko, Brandan Wright are gonna be our targets and most realistic pickups. none of these players will make us contender but would be another step towards building for the future. but i really hope we can pickup jordan.
Well, as long as Sterling is running the show, we have a chance :lol

Bruno
05-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Spurs won't likely have enough money fro Prince.
Grant Hill will either stay with Suns or go to a true contender, ie not Spurs.

Only Battier is a realistic option but I think Spurs should go after younger players.

TD 21
05-22-2011, 06:14 PM
We will not get another SF unless we trade Dick Jefferson.

Exactly. Depth-wise, the Spurs are now fine at SF. They've got Jefferson, Anderson and Butler or Green (I expect only one to make the team).

Battier is the most realistic and he'd be a nice fit, but only if they trade Jefferson and don't get an SF back. If they're stuck with Jefferson, then why waste money on an SF, when they desperately need a big and block a young player like Anderson from playing? It makes no sense.

wildbill2u
05-22-2011, 06:19 PM
battier is on a young, up and coming team and is being idolized by Memphis fans as a returnring prodigal son.

The only way you will get him out of Memphis is to way overpay what they will pay him to stay.

Why would Hill or Prince want to come here. There are other teams with money in better markets who have better championship chances. Ask TP.

Our draft prospects are not very good since we had such a great regular season run.
and we're gonna continue to be just good enough to win a lot of regular season games with the resulting shitty draft positions we've had since getting Duncan.

TD 21
05-22-2011, 06:29 PM
battier is on a young, up and coming team and is being idolized by Memphis fans as a returnring prodigal son.

The only way you will get him out of Memphis is to way overpay what they will pay him to stay.

Why would Hill or Prince want to come here. There are other teams with money in better markets who have better championship chances. Ask TP.

Our draft prospects are not very good since we had such a great regular season run.
and we're gonna continue to be just good enough to win a lot of regular season games with the resulting shitty draft positions we've had since getting Duncan.

As much as they'd probably like to keep him and he'd probably like to stay, they're paying big money to Gay, Randolph and Conley and they're probably going to be paying big money to Gasol soon, too. Eventually, they'll have to pay Arthur a decent amount, as well. And they're loaded with depth on the wings. Gay, Mayo, Allen, Young and Henry. They'll probably trade Mayo, because they can't afford to pay him and they've got a replacement in place, in Henry. But even then, they'll still have four rotation caliber wings.

rascal
05-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Primary need is to add size youth and defense on the frontline.
Without an upgrade on the frontline no other changes will matter.