PDA

View Full Version : all that without caron butler and french allah

MavFan6488
05-22-2011, 07:28 AM
- 2 wins away from our 2nd trip to the nba finals
- 4 road wins in a row..@portland, 2 x @lakers, @okc
- 10-3 playoff record

2010/2011 dallas mavericks. salute to them!

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/f2/fullj.8d7967d2f88c9badda2b1c126c0b6c1f/ap-201105212326844182507.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/30/fullj.e7ce11920e0586aac3f858b9945e71a7/e7ce11920e0586aac3f858b9945e71a7-getty-114212232mw096_dallas_maver.jpg

Giuseppe
05-22-2011, 07:43 AM
I guess this means it's safe now.

tee, hee.

Mav-elous Man
05-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Is that a tatoo in Stevenson's arm pit??

Venti Quattro
05-22-2011, 10:14 AM
of a girl probably

Giuseppe
05-22-2011, 10:21 AM
I think it's Kori.

Ghazi
05-22-2011, 03:15 PM
we would be even better if those two were healthy IMO

dallaskd
05-22-2011, 03:21 PM
yeah roddy is fine. we are waiting to unleash him vs miami

dbestpro
05-22-2011, 05:33 PM
I was wondering who would be first to set loose the jinx.

daslicer
05-22-2011, 05:57 PM
we would be even better if those two were healthy IMO

I actually disagree because the two guys who replaced both Butler and French Allah have pretty much equaled their production. If those 2 never get injured then the mavs never play Barea and Stevenson and if you factor that in the Mavs are pretty much the same with or without those 2 guys. The mavs should maybe consider trading them next year.

TD 21
05-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Don't try to make this team something it's not. They're not the little team that could. Not with their annually bloated payroll, which this season checked in at roughly $91 million dollars. If certain other teams had that, they could sustain injuries to two of their better scorers, too.

monosylab1k
05-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Don't try to make this team something it's not. They're not the little team that could. Not with their annually bloated payroll, which this season checked in at roughly $91 million dollars. If certain other teams had that, they could sustain injuries to two of their better scorers, too.

spurs=class

Believe.

21+20+9=50

Ghazi
05-22-2011, 05:59 PM

u mad cuz Dirk stylin? :lmao :lmao

Ghazi
05-22-2011, 06:00 PM
I actually disagree because the two guys who replaced both Butler and French Allah have pretty much equaled their production. If those 2 never get injured then the mavs never play Barea and Stevenson and if you factor that in the Mavs are pretty much the same with or without those 2 guys. The mavs should maybe consider trading them next year.

Stevenson isn't that good.

badfish22
05-22-2011, 06:01 PM
:lol spurs followin up the Skunker with a first round exit

MavDynasty
05-22-2011, 06:06 PM
don't try to make this team something it's not. They're not the little team that could. Not with their annually bloated payroll, which this season checked in at roughly $91 million dollars. If certain other teams had that, they could sustain injuries to two of their better scorers, too.

MavDynasty
05-22-2011, 06:07 PM
don't you mean 8.

Ghazi
05-22-2011, 06:14 PM

badfish22
05-22-2011, 06:14 PM
ahh yes, 8

endrity
05-22-2011, 06:16 PM

you've been one bitter faggot all playoffs

But if you think a loaded payroll is the key to success, than just look at what the Knicks or Blazers achieved for half a decade with one. If anything a loaded payroll with those types of average players is a sign of a desperate team, trying to get any deal done. That's usually not good.

And yes .... 8.

ElNono
05-22-2011, 06:21 PM
If Peter Holt that kind of money... :cry :cry :cry

Wait, he does have that kind of money... :cry :cry :cry

endrity
05-22-2011, 06:32 PM
If Peter Holt that kind of money... :cry :cry :cry

Wait, he does have that kind of money... :cry :cry :cry

Most NBA owners have that kind of money. Cuban just likes to spend to win more than the others do, but as I said that has led to some bad contracts and deals.

Kyle Orton
05-22-2011, 06:40 PM
spurs=class

Believe.

21+20+9=50
boring=4 rings

silence surpasses speech

it takes 5, to win 4

TD 21
05-22-2011, 06:41 PM
you've been one bitter faggot all playoffs

But if you think a loaded payroll is the key to success, than just look at what the Knicks or Blazers achieved for half a decade with one. If anything a loaded payroll with those types of average players is a sign of a desperate team, trying to get any deal done. That's usually not good.

And yes .... 8.

No, I'm not bitter at all. You guys are just a bunch of overly sensitive pussies that can't handle the truth.

Where did I say it was the key to success? Having an all-time great player is, something Mavs fans wouldn't know anything about. But let's not pretend having a $90 million doesn't help. It allows for more mistakes, more experiments.

MavDynasty
05-22-2011, 06:44 PM
No, I'm not bitter at all. You guys are just a bunch of overly sensitive pussies that can't handle the truth.

Where did I say it was the key to success? Having an all-time great player is, something Mavs fans wouldn't know anything about. But let's not pretend having a $90 million doesn't help. It allows for more mistakes, more experiments.

brah are you just butthurt that your shitty ass owner is too cheap to spend? besides, no one wants to play in that shithole of a city with its biggest attraction being a dirty ass river that beaners float on everyday

shouldn't you be upstairs discussing how to move on after 8?

endrity
05-22-2011, 06:51 PM

It also leads to Brandon Haywood, Eric Dampier, and Raef LaFrentz getting the contracts of a life time. I'd trade that loaded payroll for a second and third star to partner Dirk for 10 years in a heartbeat.

TD 21
05-22-2011, 06:54 PM
brah are you just butthurt that your shitty ass owner is too cheap to spend? besides, no one wants to play in that shithole of a city with its biggest attraction being a dirty ass river that beaners float on everyday

No, I'm not even "butthurt" about that. I'm just stating that the reason the Mavs can overcome two injuries like that is because they've got a Stojakovic or a Brewer (even though he's not in the rotation) on their deep bench. The Spurs version of Stojkaovic is Novak and their version of Brewer is Green. That's the difference.

You wait a few weeks. If you think Spurs fans melted down after the Grizzlies series, you wait until the Heat beat the Mavs in the Finals . . .again. It'll be a meltdown of epic proportions.

siraulo23
05-22-2011, 06:57 PM
what the fuck is 8? 8 seed warriors beating no.1 dallas or what?

props sweeping the lakers, and beat the shit out of miami this year will ya?

MavDynasty
05-22-2011, 06:58 PM
No, I'm not even "butthurt" about that. I'm just stating that the reason the Mavs can overcome two injuries like that is because they've got a Stojakovic or a Brewer (even though he's not in the rotation) on their deep bench. The Spurs version of Stojkaovic is Novak and their version of Brewer is Green. That's the difference.

You wait a few weeks. If you think Spurs fans melted down after the Grizzlies series, you wait until the Heat beat the Mavs in the Finals . . .again. It'll be a meltdown of epic proportions.

gr8 story brah :wow

Kyle Orton
05-22-2011, 07:00 PM
No, I'm not even "butthurt" about that. I'm just stating that the reason the Mavs can overcome two injuries like that is because they've got a Stojakovic or a Brewer (even though he's not in the rotation) on their deep bench.

Peja is getting paid the vet's min, what exactly is your point?

BlackSwordsMan
05-22-2011, 07:01 PM
what the fuck is 8? 8 seed warriors beating no.1 dallas or what?

props sweeping the lakers, and beat the shit out of miami this year will ya?

8 belongs to the spurs and we aint giving it back.

Sean Cagney
05-22-2011, 07:04 PM

Mavs know about those too! Mavs pass the first round and now their fans are running their mouths alot?

Mavs have a dynasty? :rollin:rollin.

Yes 8 sucks, you know about it as well.

TD 21
05-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Peja is getting paid the vet's min, what exactly is your point?

I realize that. You know exactly what my point is. A team like the Mavs has credible players deep on their bench. A team like the Spurs is filling out their bench with players who, to many fans, are no names. Nothing better illustrates the financial gap between the two teams than this: The Mavs backup center made nearly double what the Spurs starting power forward made this season.

Kyle Orton
05-22-2011, 07:09 PM
I realize that. You know exactly what my point is. A team like the Mavs has credible players deep on their bench. A team like the Spurs is filling out their bench with players who, to many fans, are no names. Nothing better illustrates the financial gap between the two teams than this: The Mavs backup center made nearly double what the Spurs starting power forward made this season.
That doesn't change the fact using a player getting paid the vet's minimum to illustrate a financial gap is fuckin retarded.

TD 21
05-22-2011, 07:15 PM
That doesn't change the fact using a player getting paid the vet's minimum to illustrate a financial gap is fuckin retarded.

He's only making that because he took a buyout on a contract that was paying him roughly $13 million. If not for that, he'd be making considerably more than the veteran's minimum, genius. Stop trying to get me on a technicality and be like the Mavs fan who copped out. Which is to say, concede that I'm making a good point.

MavDynasty
05-22-2011, 07:16 PM
So TD 21 is butthurt that Duncan is too much of a pussy to demand a higher salary? :lmao :lmao :lmao

at this point in tired old shitbag's career, Haywood is far superior to that ugly slouching center

Kyle Orton
05-22-2011, 07:16 PM
He's only making that because he took a buyout on a contract that was paying him roughly $13 million.
:lmao what does that have to do with anything? You used him as an example of how the Mavs have more spending power than SA, and it was fuckin stupid. Admit it.

MavDynasty
05-22-2011, 07:18 PM
It is Dallas' fault because he took a fucking buyout :cry

Kyle Orton
^:lmao

endrity
He's only making that because he took a buyout on a contract that was paying him roughly $13 million. If not for that, he'd be making considerably more than the veteran's minimum, genius. Stop trying to get me on a technicality and be like the Mavs fan who copped out. Which is to say, concede that I'm making a good point.

Cuban isn't the richest owner in the NBA, not even close. Yet he pays out of his own pocket. Maybe you should start asking for a sugar daddy as well.

Just be careful not to end up like the Knicks.

MavDynasty
Dallas is fucking loaded with cash because they are the only team who could afford his 700k vet min :cry

MavDynasty
05-22-2011, 07:19 PM
he took a fucking buyout just because its dallas baby :cry

Kyle Orton
05-22-2011, 07:19 PM
San Antonio couldn't afford his $706,138 salary :cry:cry:cry

TD 21
05-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Cuban isn't the richest owner in the NBA, not even close. Yet he pays out of his own pocket. Maybe you should start asking for a sugar daddy as well.

Just be careful not to end up like the Knicks.

This is how ridiculous you people are. I didn't criticize Cuban for doing so. In fact, he deserves credit for it. But let's not pretend it's not an advantage and that the Mavs depth has been cultivated through a slew of shrewd moves/draft picks. It's because they have an owner who's willing to spend $90+ million on their payroll. There's nothing impressive about the fact that they can get by without two of their better scorers when you consider that fact.

Fat, drunk looking hick: It was a perfect illustration of the financial difference between the two teams. It has to do with everything. Because if not for that, he wouldn't be making what he's making. He's more than a veteran's minimum salary type player.

Kyle Orton
05-22-2011, 07:25 PM
:lmao how? It's not like Cuban paid his contract buyout.

MavDynasty
05-22-2011, 07:26 PM
This is how ridiculous you people are. I didn't criticize Cuban for doing so. In fact, he deserves credit for it. But let's not pretend it's not an advantage and that the Mavs depth has been cultivated through a slew of shrewd moves/draft picks. It's because they have an owner who's willing to spend $90+ million on their payroll. There's nothing impressive about the fact that they can get by without two of their better scorers when you consider that fact.

Fat, drunk looking hick: It was a perfect illustration of the financial difference between the two teams. It has to do with everything. Because if not for that, he wouldn't be making what he's making. He's more than a veteran's minimum salary type player.

Just like the Grizzlies were better than the typical 8th seed?

Is Duncan>Dirk?

Kyle Orton
05-22-2011, 07:26 PM
San Antonio coulda had him for the amount Dallas is paying him. Peja Stojakovic is a horribly retarded example of the "spending gap".

Axe Murderer
05-22-2011, 07:28 PM
it must suck to be TD 21 and realize you're shitty small market team won't be relevant again for atleast 20 years

TD 21
05-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Criticize the example all you want, the point is indisputable: there's a significant financial gap between the two teams. This wasn't meant to be a Mavs/Spurs thing; I just used the Spurs as an example. Compare the Mavs to almost anyone financially and they're in a different stratosphere. So let's not pretend they're some amazing story doing this without Butler and Beaubois.

I'll take 20 years of irrelevancy . . . when it follows a dozen years of memories. The likes of which Mavs fans haven't experienced and won't be experiencing anytime soon themselves. I love how you clowns act like using the term "small market team" is a diss. As if I'm a TV executive. You think I give a shit how big or small a market is? It makes no difference to me.

IronMexican
05-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Why do people get buttmad that Cuban is willing to go well over the cap to maintain his players. That's a great owner. It's not like the NFL where you have to stay under a number or else.

ElNono
05-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Hard cap is looming the NBA though...

Kyle Orton
05-22-2011, 07:33 PM
yeah Sarver's wet dream

TD 21
05-22-2011, 07:42 PM
What amazes me most about you punks arrogance (other than the 4-0 championship advantage between the two franchises), is the fact that you act as if it's written in stone that "the Spurs will be irrelevant for the next 20 years". Yet you fail to realize that just a year ago, they eliminated your beloved Mavs in six games, without home court. A year later, the Mavs, the oldest team in the league, are on the verge of the Finals. I'm not suggesting they will, but why is it out of the question that the Spurs could be in the same position a year from now?

IronMexican
05-22-2011, 07:47 PM
Whose troll is TD 21?

Kyle Orton
05-22-2011, 07:49 PM
What amazes me most about you punks arrogance (other than the 4-0 championship advantage between the two franchises), is the fact that you act as if it's written in stone that "the Spurs will be irrelevant for the next 20 years". Yet you fail to realize that just a year ago, they eliminated your beloved Mavs in six games, without home court. A year later, the Mavs, the oldest team in the league, are on the verge of the Finals. I'm not suggesting they will, but why is it out of the question that the Spurs could be in the same position a year from now?
Them getting skunked in the 2nd round a year from now isn't out of the question. I agree.

erikuff
05-22-2011, 11:29 PM
Why do people get buttmad that Cuban is willing to go well over the cap to maintain his players. That's a great owner. It's not like the NFL where you have to stay under a number or else.

laker fan can't understand the value of players and disadvantaged playing field between teams. :lmao

DeadlyDynasty
05-22-2011, 11:33 PM
Whose troll is TD 21?

This. He's too good (stupid) to be true.

Axe Murderer
05-22-2011, 11:35 PM
TD 21, by any chance did you happen to relocate your family to a particular coastal city after a particular well-timed punch by Jason Terry to Michael Finley?