PDA

View Full Version : Is Durant to much of a p*$$y to lead a team?

Ace
05-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Last night with the game within striking distance, Westbrook continued to jack up horrible shots with Durant not even touching the ball. As the "leader" and team's best player Durant should've demanded the ball but seems he doesn't have the nuts to do so. So my question is, do you think Durant is to big a pussy for this team to go far?

Giuseppe
05-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Durant had the ball enough. His problem is he's too afraid to do anything of import with it.

Venti Quattro
05-22-2011, 10:20 AM
YES. Miami has two of the biggest egos in sports today and it isn't a problem with who finishes the game for them.

But this is not solely Durant's fault. Westbrook has been a liability to his development, and I'd consider trading him right now. However he plays a major role in it. Time to shed your humble image buddy. Those who win championships are ruthless motherfuckers.

Isitjustme?
05-22-2011, 10:21 AM
He should just give up and join a team with a top 5 player imho Maybe go somewhere with nice weather.

ChrisRichards
05-22-2011, 10:24 AM
I don't like Durant but I'm giving him a pass because he's too young for such criticism. This is just his second trip in the post season and he has already made huge strides at such an early start.

Any other younger player would probably act the same way, well except Kobe. Kobe @ 23 was destroying franchise/dynasty and snitching on people and shit like that.

Venti Quattro
05-22-2011, 10:27 AM
I don't like Durant but I'm giving him a pass because he's too young for such criticism. This is just his second trip in the post season and he has already made huge strides at such an early start.
So yeah maybe Westbrook is too young to be criticised for his ball-hogging ways.

Any other younger player would probably act the same way, well except Kobe. Kobe @ 23 was destroying franchise/dynasty and snitching on people and shit like that.
He was also helping the Lakers win rings at 23

100%duncan
05-22-2011, 10:28 AM
Durant's mistake was not asking the ball that much but if westbrook had at least a decent bball IQ he would know that when the game is on the line it has to be Durant to make things work for them

Ace
05-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Thunder could've won last night if it wasn't for rushed shots from Westbrook. Durant should've took over regardless of the bad night he was having. He just doesn't seem to have the personality to demand the ball and go in for the kill.

ChrisRichards
05-22-2011, 10:33 AM
So yeah maybe Westbrook is too young to be criticised for his ball-hogging ways.

He was also helping the Lakers win rings at 23

That's skill related though, Westbrook knows damn well the concept of passing the ball and taking good shots. They taught that shit in HS, thats like elementary stuff Venti.

but leadership?I think it takes time and most successful players needed a lot of experience before they grew up and became men.

I think Magic was the only player and maybe Duncan to have natural leadership abilities at such an early age. That leadership thing don't grow overnight. I know this from personal experience. It took me a while before I became a supervisor @ a Gap store.

100%duncan
05-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Thunder could've won last night if it wasn't for rushed shots from Westbrook. Durant should've took over regardless of the bad night he was having. He just doesn't seem to have the personality to demand the ball and go in for the kill.

yeah, if your going to lose then at least let your superstar make the final plays

Gold Tooth Carl
05-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Last night with the game within striking distance, Westbrook continued to jack up horrible shots with Durant not even touching the ball. As the "leader" and team's best player Durant should've demanded the ball but seems he doesn't have the nuts to do so. So my question is, do you think Durant is to big a pussy for this team to go far?
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/200702220938.jpg
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/122/724/RackMultipart.7031.0_display_image.jpg?1260204994

Gold Tooth Carl
05-22-2011, 10:39 AM

Westbrook wasn't doing a whole lot of passing dumbfuck

ChrisRichards
05-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Great example there. I want to see you dislocate your shoulder and see how you tough it out.

stretch
05-22-2011, 10:40 AM
some of what happened last night though wasnt his fault because he didnt even have a chance to assert himself. several posessions they just went and jacked up a bad shot with like 20 seconds still on the shot clock. nothing he can do about that if they are going to be total dumbasses.

Ace
05-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Westbrook wasn't doing a whole lot of passing dumbfuck

Yes, thank you captain obvious. The thread is about Durant demanding the ball.

ChrisRichards
05-22-2011, 10:44 AM
There were 4 straight bad possessions there.

Cook 3 pointer way off
Harden 3 pointer clank
Westbrook 3 point brick
Westbrook jumper missed

Brooks should've called a TO after the first 2 attempts tbh.

Gold Tooth Carl
05-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Yes, thank you captain obvious. The thread is about Durant demanding the ball.

He wouldn't have gotten it. Everyone on the team was trying to go 1-on-1

Ace
05-22-2011, 10:46 AM
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/200702220938.jpg
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/122/724/RackMultipart.7031.0_display_image.jpg?1260204994

http://www.dwyanewadepictures.com/product-images/AYAAQAHA-P229039.jpg

Ace
05-22-2011, 10:49 AM
He wouldn't have gotten it. Everyone on the team was trying to go 1-on-1

Yes again, the point is he as the teams best player did not demand the ball. This is not about what happened but what didn't. Is this to much for your peanut brain to process?

Gold Tooth Carl
05-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Yes again, the point is he as the teams best player did not demand the ball. This is not about what happened but what didn't. Is this to much for your peanut brain to process?

Kinda hard to demand the ball when your teammates chuck up shots before you get down court

Ace
05-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Kinda hard to demand the ball when your teammates chuck up shots before you get down court

Next time the ball is inbounded or in the time out.

Killakobe81
05-22-2011, 12:55 PM
YES. Miami has two of the biggest egos in sports today and it isn't a problem with who finishes the game for them.

But this is not solely Durant's fault. Westbrook has been a liability to his development, and I'd consider trading him right now. However he plays a major role in it. Time to shed your humble image buddy. Those who win championships are ruthless motherfuckers.

Most, def ...even the shy humble Duncan has that trait in spades ...obviously Kobe, MJ Magic and Bird. Lebron needs cut his loose again, Durant teh same. Dirk proving he may have it too ...

Killakobe81
05-22-2011, 12:57 PM
And also Brooks needs to bench Perk. PErk on teh floor is making it easy for MAvs to double Durant.

Let PErk start, but Ibaka should get most of teh center mins. and Collison the bulk of the PF mins.

Kyle Orton
05-22-2011, 01:07 PM
:lol UCLA fans defending Westbrook
:lol getting bukkaked by them Wildcat nigs again next year

Leetonidas
05-22-2011, 01:13 PM
I bet Durant wanted to shoot those mofos towards the end of the game where they chucked up like 3 straight horrible bricked three pointers down 6.

Red Hawk #21
05-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Durant would be thriving if he had a Pass First PG right about now. I actually think Eric Maynor is good enough to start. Obviously, he's not as good as Westbrook. But he can run the team better and is a better shooter than Westbrick. I wouldn't be surprised to see Russell traded in the near future.

Venti Quattro
05-22-2011, 01:55 PM

UCLA >>>>>>>>>> Arizona :madrun :madrun

itzsoweezee
05-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Durant was not doing anything with the ball when he got it anyway. More shots for a guy that was throwing up bricks does not sound like a successful strategy. As someone who was rooting for the Thunder, I felt most comfortable seeing the ball in Harden's and then Westbrook's hands.

resistanze
05-22-2011, 03:29 PM
I remember people posting last season that Durant had surpassed or was at Lebron's level :lol

Kyle Orton
05-22-2011, 03:32 PM
UCLA >>>>>>>>>> Arizona :madrun :madrun

Yeah if we're talking all time, however they're basically the same program if you take away the Wooden era :lol

Killakobe81
05-22-2011, 11:48 PM

Kiss the rings, Orton. Just like in the NBA kiss the rings ...without Miles Simon your college squad would be just as ringless as your pro-squad ...

Killakobe81
05-22-2011, 11:49 PM
Yeah if we're talking all time, however they're basically the same program if you take away the Wooden era :lol

LOL take away the MJ era and Duncan era is taking away 10 rings ...how are you gonna "take-away" the Wooden era?

Venti Quattro
05-25-2011, 11:01 PM
BUMP :lmao

lol allowing westbrook to take over

Budkin
05-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Dude he's like 22.

Ace
05-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Westbrook with 28 shots :lmao

ElNono
05-25-2011, 11:05 PM

More like take them under... :lol

Venti Quattro
05-25-2011, 11:07 PM
More like take them under... :lol

Take them out is more appropriate :lmao

Ace
05-25-2012, 12:47 PM
:lol Bump for the new guys

KD4MVP
05-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Durant would be thriving if he had a Pass First PG right about now. I actually think Eric Maynor is good enough to start. Obviously, he's not as good as Westbrook. But he can run the team better and is a better shooter than Westbrick. I wouldn't be surprised to see Russell traded in the near future.

Considering they signed him to a max deal, that won't happen.

And considering they are in the WCF for the 2nd straight year, and their top 4 players are all 22-23, they must be doing something right :hat

KD4MVP
05-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Westbrook with 28 shots :lmao

Well, if you are talking about Game 4, they had nobody to stop Westbrook, and he was killing it, so why not.

With the game on the line, KD takes the shot, and he makes it a good part of the time, unlike a certain player (cough LeBron)

Westbrook has one of the best mid-range jumpers in the game, nothing wrong with him shooting. When he's making that shot, he's pretty much unstoppable with his athleticsm, and ability to attack the rim.

m>s
05-25-2012, 05:51 PM
Considering they signed him to a max deal, that won't happen.

And considering they are in the WCF for the 2nd straight year, and their top 4 players are all 22-23, they must be doing something right :hat

they got the superb talents and most of them are young but im afraid they'll let most of them go when they demand big contracts, they ain't allowing their payroll to pump up like LA's imho. OKC is a small market after all

Ace
05-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Well, if you are talking about Game 4, they had nobody to stop Westbrook, and he was killing it, so why not.

With the game on the line, KD takes the shot, and he makes it a good part of the time, unlike a certain player (cough LeBron)

Westbrook has one of the best mid-range jumpers in the game, nothing wrong with him shooting. When he's making that shot, he's pretty much unstoppable with his athleticsm, and ability to attack the rim.

Look at the date of that post and it's still funny :lol

LkrFan
05-25-2012, 08:28 PM

Westbrook is the PG and has the ball in his hands all the time. How can Durant stop him from taking any shots he wants? Do tell. :downspin:

Ace
05-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Westbrook is the PG and has the ball in his hands all the time. How can Durant stop him from taking any shots he wants? Do tell. :downspin:

By demanding the ball and not be such a soft pussy. If Westbrook was on the Lakers do you think Kobe let's that shit slide? I respect Kobe but not Durant.

LkrFan
05-25-2012, 08:44 PM
By demanding the ball and not be such a soft pussy. If Westbrook was on the Lakers do you think Kobe let's that shit slide? I respect Kobe but not Durant.

Kobe encourages players to be aggressive all the time - like he is. Problem is all too often his teammates stand around and watch him do his thang, or throw him the ball late in the shot clock - waiting for him to bail them out (which hurts his shooting percentages).

Truth be told, we would have known the real answer to your question if Stern didn't kill the CP3 deal.

tesseractive
05-25-2012, 08:47 PM

Exactly -- the way you build team chemistry is by throwing your teammates under the bus publically to the media.

:rolleyes

Ace
05-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Kobe encourages players to be aggressive all the time - like he is. Problem is all too often his teammates stand around and watch him do his thang, or throw him the ball late in the shot clock - waiting for him to bail them out (which hurts his shooting percentages).

Truth be told, we would have known the real answer to your question if Stern didn't kill the CP3 deal.

With the game on the line, Kobe let's Westbrook take the contested jumper?

KD4MVP
05-25-2012, 10:03 PM
they got the superb talents and most of them are young but im afraid they'll let most of them go when they demand big contracts, they ain't allowing their payroll to pump up like LA's imho. OKC is a small market after all

They already signed Durant and Russ to big deals.

It will probably come down to Ibaka or Harden.

And pretty sure every team has the same cap or close to it with the new CBA, sooo yeah.

KD4MVP
05-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Look at the date of that post and it's still funny :lol

Yes, it was Game 3 or 4 of the Lakers series, who shot the last shot?

Westbrook was killing the Lakers in Game 4, and with the game on the line, who shot the ball, not Westbrook. At least KD aint afraid to shoot with the game on the line, unlike one player (cough LeBron)

ambchang
05-25-2012, 10:13 PM

Just like LeBron.

Like Bron, if I could be like Bron.

Joel Anthony
05-26-2012, 10:16 AM
Just like LeBron.

Like Bron, if I could be like Bron.

LeBron doesn't need to demand the ball he already has it, just doesn't shot it. :lol

Spurs da champs
05-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Well Durant this post season hasn't shied away from the big shots as he killed the Mavericks & Lakers in crunch time, while LeBron just hides away from the moment. Durant is a better closer then both Wade & James.

jjktkk
05-26-2012, 12:33 PM

So by saying soft pussy, your saying Durant patterns his game after lehype?

Ace
06-21-2012, 10:21 PM

:lmao

TIMMYtoZO
06-21-2012, 10:22 PM

:lol This is gold.

Ace
11-05-2012, 08:33 AM
We can all agree he is by now..

UZER
11-05-2012, 08:46 AM
There were 4 straight bad possessions there.

Cook 3 pointer way off
Harden 3 pointer clank
Westbrook 3 point brick
Westbrook jumper missed

Brooks should've called a TO after the first 2 attempts tbh.

:LOL I thought this was a recent thread until I read this and was like WTH?!

Dude just doesn't get it. His low bball IQ will be exposed even more this season since harden isn't there to erase all his mistakes and handle the rock in crunch time.

trypldubl
11-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Westbrook should play shooting guard

Clipper Nation
11-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Tbh, Westbrick would still be an low-IQ chucker and monkeyballer at the 2...

scanry
11-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Tbh, Westbrick would still be an low-IQ chucker and monkeyballer at the 2...

Son even Blake Griffin has a higher BB IQ than Westbrook and all he does is dunk.

Clipper Nation
11-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Son even Blake Griffin has a higher BB IQ than Westbrook and all he does is dunk.
Son, Griffin can also snag boards and he's working on that jumper... all Westbrick knows how to do is demand the ball and chuck it... Westbrick's BBIQ is DeMonkeyball Jordan-esque...

whitemamba
11-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Son, Griffin can also snag boards and he's working on that jumper... all Westbrick knows how to do is demand the ball and chuck it... Westbrick's BBIQ is DeMonkeyball Jordan-esque...

:loljumper

Clipper Nation
11-05-2012, 01:07 PM
:lol 1-3

whitemamba
11-05-2012, 01:24 PM
:lol 1-3

:lolnever been past the 2nd round

pass1st
11-05-2012, 02:12 PM
:lolnever been past the 2nd round

:lol Never raised a banner since being the Buffalo Braves

scanry
11-05-2012, 07:46 PM

Son he has more important issues to work on, like posting up better on offense and his post defense could use a Hakeem.

djohn2oo8
11-05-2012, 08:00 PM
:lol Never raised a banner since being the Buffalo Braves

http://gifs.gifbin.com/042010/1271698574_Elijah-Johnson-dunk.gif