PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lewis: Crime will increase nationwide if there is no NFL season.

Isitjustme?
05-22-2011, 11:54 AM
One of the consequences of a lost NFL season will be an increase in crime, Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis said in a wide-raging one-on-one interview with ESPN.

Do this research if we don't have a season -- watch how much evil, which we call crime, watch how much crime picks up, if you take away our game.

-- Ray Lewis
"Do this research if we don't have a season -- watch how much evil, which we call crime, watch how much crime picks up, if you take away our game," Lewis told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

That's because, Lewis said, the NFL lockout affects "way more than us" -- the owners and the players.

"There's too many people that live through us, people live through us," he said. "Yeah, walk in the streets, the way I walk the streets, and I'm not talking about the people you see all the time."

When asked why he thought crime would increase if the NFL doesn't play games this year, Lewis said: "There's nothing else to do Sal."

Sunday is Day 68 of the lockout, which is now the longest work stoppage in NFL history. Lewis said the current dispute boils down to a matter of ego.

"It's simple, we really got to remove pride. Seriously," he said.

"There's no other reason the issue is going on," he said. "That's why I don't get into words and all that other stuff, because it takes away from life ... itself. There's people who are really struggling for real. There's real struggles out there."

A 2-1 decision last week by the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals kept the lockout in place pending a full appeal. A hearing is scheduled for June 3 in St. Louis.

Lewis hasn't attended any of the mediation sessions between the owners and players and hasn't gone to court for any of the legal proceedings -- but that might change.

"I'm not opposed to it," he said.

He also said he has texted NFL Players Association leader DeMaurice Smith.

"Tell me when you're ready for me to come speak," Lewis said when asked to explain the nature of the texts to Smith. "Because I'm not speaking about all, oh I want this, I want that."

When does Smith want Lewis to speak?

"Oh ... the time coming," Lewis said and then smiled for emphasis.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6575570

Isitjustme?
05-22-2011, 11:55 AM
tbh just the fact that he will have more time to spend clubbin' with his buddies will increase crime.

Warlord23
05-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Damn right ... if Ray has free time on Sundays, America better watch its back

Spursfan092120
05-22-2011, 06:46 PM
lol..I was about to say something similar...yeah, there will be more crime..because a lot of angry football players will have to come up with something to do throughout the week and on Sundays.

Kyle Orton
05-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Damn right ... if Ray has free time on Sundays, America better watch its back
Yeah, Big Ben can also stay out late partying on Saturday nights, drunk women better watch their back.

Basically more of this:
http://img2.allvoices.com/thumbs/event/609/480/54175531-guys-night.jpg

Isitjustme?
05-22-2011, 11:31 PM
:lmao :lmao now they are showing the interview on SportsCenter. Said its coming up in a second...

CubanSucks
05-23-2011, 02:46 AM
I watched the interview and talk about a drama queen. Gotta love a grandstanding psychopath though. The guy is so fucking weird, just the way he articulates and responded to the interview got a wtf type reaction from me

baseline bum
05-23-2011, 04:40 AM
I don't know if I agree.... for instance, an NFL lockout means Pacman Jones won't be able to throw $80G on stage and start a riot/shootout in the strip club again.

Drachen
05-23-2011, 09:18 AM
I think he is trying to say that Football players are really bad with their money and by the time the season comes along they will all be broke, so........ more crime.

7 Million??? I got a family to feed!!

dbreiden83080
05-23-2011, 11:30 AM
I saw his little interview on Sportcenter and does this guy wanna be an actor or something? That was quite the corny performance..

"Why do you say that"

"Because there is nothing else to do Sal"

Nothing else to do but committ crimes without the NFL on Sunday..

Righttttttttttttttttttt

JamStone
05-23-2011, 11:40 AM
Sunday Bloody Sunday

Spurtacus
05-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Ray Lew will kill you

Bukefal
05-23-2011, 04:40 PM
I saw his little interview on Sportcenter and does this guy wanna be an actor or something? That was quite the corny performance..

lol indeed

Anyway, the only crime which will increase because of this lockout is by his fellow colleague players, not others nor fans, as he brings it.

He should rather hold this lecture to his teammates

DMX7
05-23-2011, 04:54 PM
I know I'll be hang'n out at da club.

vander
05-23-2011, 06:09 PM
not nationwide, but definitely in cities like Oakland, B-more, Detroit...

BlackSwordsMan
05-23-2011, 06:48 PM
meh majority of the fans are fat and play fantasy football how dangerous can they be

TheProfessor
05-24-2011, 07:42 AM
Actually, domestic assaults and alcohol-related incidents spike when the NFL is on.