PDA

View Full Version : BioWare Confirms Dragon Age 3 in Development

phyzik
05-23-2011, 03:33 AM
http://ps3.gamespy.com/playstation-3/dragon-age-2/1169665p1.html

That's one way to announce a new game. With a tweet about job openings, BioWare has confirmed the third title in its dark fantasy RPG series, Dragon Age, is now in the works.

BioWare's Senior Director of Creative Development Alistair McNally broke the news on his Twitter account last night. Though a third game in the series was widely assumed, the tweet is the first official confirmation from BioWare Dragon Age 3 is in development.

"I'm looking for exceptional environment artists to join me at #BioWare Edmonton, Canada to work on #DragonAge3 #gamejobs #jobs #3D #artists," McNally wrote.

BioWare is currently ramping up for the expected fall release of its highly anticipated Star Wars MMO, The Old Republic, and Mass Effect 3 is set for launch in early 2012.

The original Dragon Age, Origins, was first announced during E3 2004 and didn't find its way onto shelves until November 2009. Dragon Age II, in comparison, was released in March 2011, less than a year-and-a-half after the first game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turning back the clock and going back to the "origins" type game is wishful thinking. DA2 had a setup for a sequel. Hopefully they dont screw it up.... again.

DA2 was good, but it was nothing like DA:O which they promised from the outset would be like a Baldurs Gate successor (which it was, but DA2 ruined that).

Kai
05-23-2011, 05:15 AM
Could be good news. I really hope they don't half ass the game like they did DA 2. Origins was so good, and 2 was so mediocre for so many reasons. We should get an indication of how serious they are with the way they handle Mass Effect 3.

ElNono
05-23-2011, 07:44 AM
If it's anything like II, then it's a waste of time.

Xevious
05-23-2011, 08:52 AM
We should get an indication of how serious they are with the way they handle Mass Effect 3.
True. We've heard good news so far, with the (re)addition of RPG elements into ME3. Maybe they listened to some of the criticisms of ME2? We'll see. I don't hate Dragon Age II, it just doesn't stand up to the name. Origins was just badass.

symple19
05-23-2011, 01:56 PM
well of course it's already in development. Gotta rush another game out before their entire fan-base (in regards to this series) turns on them like a majority of the PC community, IMO, already has.

Luckily for EA/Bioware, however, the console peeps will continue to scoop up sub-par garbage like DA2.