PDA

View Full Version : Dallas better not be blowing their load right now

DazedAndConfused
05-24-2011, 01:12 AM
They are truly playing some inspired basketball. This team is literally firing on all cylinders and Dirk is playing like the league MVP right now. He's literally unguardable.

I'm seriously pulling for Dallas to win the 'ship this year. Dirk deserves a ring. Kidd deserves a ring. Even that bobble-headed faggot Terry deserves a ring.

But I'm worried this Dallas team may be peaking too early and blowing their wad all over the floor right now. It's highly likely they'll be up against Miami in the Finals and they will need to keep their game at its current level to even have a shot against the Cheat.

Your thoughts Dallas fans? Is this an aberration, or simply the team performing at a level they should have all season?

Findog
05-24-2011, 01:14 AM
I think we have an outside shot at beating Miami, but it will be tough. There won't be any letup in focus and determination. I just think that when Bosh steps up and plays like he did last night, they're unbeatable. When he's Chrissy Bosh, they're vulnerable.

TampaDude
05-24-2011, 01:15 AM
Mavs are on a mission right now...but they'll have to bring their A game against the Heat every night if they want that :lobt2:

crc21209
05-24-2011, 01:17 AM
They are truly playing some inspired basketball. This team is literally firing on all cylinders and Dirk is playing like the league MVP right now. He's literally unguardable.

I'm seriously pulling for Dallas to win the 'ship this year. Dirk deserves a ring. Kidd deserves a ring. Even that bobble-headed faggot Terry deserves a ring.

But I'm worried this Dallas team may be peaking too early and blowing their wad all over the floor right now. It's highly likely they'll be up against Miami in the Finals and they will need to keep their game at its current level to even have a shot against the Cheat.

Your thoughts Dallas fans? Is this an aberration, or simply the team performing at a level they should have all season?

+1. Even though Dallas beat Miami twice in the regular season, this isnt the same Miami team. Miami didnt have their rotation set yet, and Haslem wasnt playing. Dallas also had Caron Butler still. Haslem guarded Dirk well in the 06' Finals, and I'm pretty sure he could do it again, with some Bosh mixed in there....

dallaskd
we got to many vets to lose focus tbh.. guys like Dirk, Kidd, Marion, Peja are too hungry..

Ghazi
I think we have an outside shot at beating Miami, but it will be tough. There won't be any letup in focus and determination. I just think that when Bosh steps up and plays like he did last night, they're unbeatable. When he's Chrissy Bosh, they're vulnerable.

still doubting these men in blue?.. *shakes head*

Findog
05-24-2011, 01:19 AM
still doubting these men in blue?.. *shakes head*

Not doubting them, just saying it's a tall order to beat the Heat w/o HCA.

dallaskd
tbh i consider 90% of mav fans here weak as i was the only one to take DPG in a bet we win the finals

mindcrime
+1. Even though Dallas beat Miami twice in the regular season, this isnt the same Miami team. Miami didnt have their rotation set yet, and Haslem wasnt playing. Dallas also had Caron Butler still. Haslem guarded Dirk well in the 06' Finals, and I'm pretty sure he could do it again, with some Bosh mixed in there....

This isn't 06. Dirk is on a mission and I don't think anyone is slowing him down this time around.

Red Hawk #21
05-24-2011, 01:20 AM
I think the Mavs are hungrier than Miami. It's so great that Dallas has a chance to end their misfortunes against the very team that started it. I'm sure Dirk and Jet remember what the Heat did to them everyday, this could finally be their chance to get payback.

DazedAndConfused
I think deep down every Dallas fan has *some* doubts about their team. I mean until you break through and win the 'ship there will always be doubts.

HarlemHeat37
tbh i consider 90% of mav fans here weak as i was the only one to take DPG in a bet we win the finals

What do you think about Mono quitting on the Mavs?..

HarlemHeat37
05-24-2011, 01:21 AM
This isn't 06. Dirk is on a mission and I don't think anyone is slowing him down this time around.

:lol you also said that Boston would destroy Miami..

#41 Shoot Em Up
05-24-2011, 01:21 AM

lol "stick and move" Come see me pussy nigga and
i'll show you what stick and move is all about

crc21209
05-24-2011, 01:22 AM
we got to many vets to lose focus tbh.. guys like Dirk, Kidd, Marion, Peja are too hungry..

I'm pretty sure the Heat are equally as hungry, starting with #6. That guy has heard so much negative shit about him this year, he would love nothing more than to shut everyone up. Bosh, who's heard nothing but "soft" jokes all year would love to shut everyone up as well. Wade, who only has 1 ring, is probably hungry as hell since he hasnt won shit in 5 years. Throw in guys like Bibby, Ilgauskas, Howard, and Miller, and the Heat are just as hungry as the Mavs. It won't come down to hunger, it will come down to the play on the court....

Ghazi
05-24-2011, 01:23 AM
Not doubting them, just saying it's a tall order to beat the Heat w/o HCA.

5 straight road wins :smokin...

Pretty annoying though we could have HCA if Dirk didn't get hurt...but I digress, it isn't THAT big an advantage

crc21209
05-24-2011, 01:23 AM

The Mavs finally got over the "Spurs hump" in 06' and Dirk was supposed to be on a mission then too, and what happened?

NewJerSpur
05-24-2011, 01:24 AM

That's the $500 you're talking about?! :wow:wow:wow

Ghazi
The Mavs finally got over the "Spurs hump" in 06' and Dirk was supposed to be on a mission then too, and what happened?

the refs fucked us in the ass

time to get revenge for the BS officiating of 2006 :lobt2:..

crc21209

:lol

#41 Shoot Em Up

Still salty about the Spurs brah??

crc21209
05-24-2011, 01:26 AM

You think the refs fucked you then? You don't think Stern will do anything and everything to make sure the Heat win this time around too? What better way to end the year right before a possible lockout, with the star-powered Heat winning it all....

crc21209
05-24-2011, 01:27 AM
Still salty about the Spurs brah??

:lol Not even. I'm just stating facts. Everyone that year was talking about how the Mavs finally dethroned the in-state rival/older brother Spurs and were destined to win it all....

4>0rings
05-24-2011, 01:28 AM
Their load has been bloaded ese.

dallaskd
05-24-2011, 01:35 AM
What do you think about Mono quitting on the Mavs?..

I dont know what he said tbh

GuerillaBlack
05-24-2011, 01:45 AM
I dont know what he said tbh

tbh, you say tbh in all of your posts.

jjktkk
05-24-2011, 01:58 AM

Nah, if the Mavs had "blown their wad", it would of shown earlier in this series with OKC. Dallas realized that once they exposed the over the hill Lakers, they were cruising all the way to the finals.

mavsfan1000
05-24-2011, 01:59 AM
I knew I blew my wad after this game. :D

joshdaboss
05-24-2011, 04:57 AM
I'm going to lol when they pet Peja on LeBron and he Kyle Korver's him 2 or 3 times in a row.

jmanu20
05-24-2011, 06:06 AM

We Spurs fans will agree with you the day you admit that the Mavs were beneficiaries of BS officiating in the WCSF vs. the Spurs that same year.

And if you thought the refs were bad in '06 when the Heat only had Wade, just remember this: The Heat now have Wade AND Lebron. Not to mention, Stern is still Jewish last time I checked, lol.

Shank
05-24-2011, 07:46 AM
I don't know if I call last night "firing on all cylinders". It was a terrible game for the Mavs until the last 5 minutes.

Leetonidas
05-24-2011, 07:57 AM
We Spurs fans will agree with you the day you admit that the Mavs were beneficiaries of BS officiating in the WCSF vs. the Spurs that same year.

And if you thought the refs were bad in '06 when the Heat only had Wade, just remember this: The Heat now have Wade AND Lebron. Not to mention, Stern is still Jewish last time I checked, lol.

True, imo. The officiating in the WCSF that year is often forgotten but all of us remember how you couldn't even breathe on Nowitzki without a foul being called on him.

Cue Mavfan complaining that Duncan shot more free throws despite him being a low post player still in his prime at the time and constantly being hacked by Diop/Dampier. :lol

Anyway if Dallas plays Miami in the Finals I don't think they'll win. I think it may go 7 but like Shank said if Bosh steps up there's no stopping them. If the Mavs can get in his head and contain him while making Wade/Bron work for their points (Stevenson is a good defender as well as Marion) they might have a chance. But if they don't keep them off the line it's going to be tough and that will be the hardest part. Dallas got raped with just Wade on the Heat in 2006 and now you have the two biggest foul getters in the league on the same team. :lol

Good look Mavfan, ya'll will need it. But I'd rather see the O'Brien in Texas than with those colluding fucks in South Beach.

mindcrime
05-24-2011, 11:54 AM

Their age finally caught up with them. If this was the 08 or even last years C's Miami would have been skullfucked.

LeBron is a fucking douche and doesn't deserve jack shit, much less the LOB.

HarlemHeat37
05-24-2011, 12:42 PM
:lol deserve has nothing to do with it..

"shhhhh!"..

- Lebron to mindcrime, in game 5 clutch time..

Bill_Brasky
05-24-2011, 12:50 PM
:lol Lebron skullfucking the haters

mindcrime
05-24-2011, 01:04 PM
:lol deserve has nothing to do with it..

"shhhhh!"..

- Lebron to mindcrime, in game 5 clutch time..

"fuck yourself faggot!"..

- Mindcrime to bandwagon heat fan HomoHeat37..

JamStone
05-24-2011, 01:21 PM
If the Mavs don't win it all, I don't think it will be because they peaked too soon or didn't have the mental toughness or focus to win it all. It will be because they just got outplayed by a team playing better. If we've seen anything from the Mavs this year and in these playoffs, it's that they have a very strong resolve and toughness to them and they have a good collective pace and composure to the whole team. I have a really good vibe about their demeanor. If they lose, it will just be because they got outplayed.

Budkin
05-24-2011, 01:31 PM
The Mavs have too much experience and depth. Oh, and they have Dirk Nowitski who no one on the Heat can guard.

TheManFromAcme
05-24-2011, 01:52 PM
My money is on the Mavs. they are playing with steadfastness and good court I.Q. and at a pretty high level.

they may be the underdogs, but I don't think they believe it.

crc21209
05-24-2011, 02:04 PM
The Mavs have too much experience and depth. Oh, and they have Dirk Nowitski who no one on the Heat can guard.

Udonis Haslem says hi.....

baseline bum
05-24-2011, 02:09 PM
This is shaping up to be a hell of a Finals. This Mavs team is way better than the 06 version, but this year's Heat looks to be stronger than their 06 team too. I think the series will be a coin flip, assuming it happens.

stretch
05-24-2011, 02:10 PM

and after Dirk drops 45 on his short ass, he will be saying "hi" back

Ghazi
05-24-2011, 02:11 PM
stretch.. can we beat Miami?

badfish22
05-24-2011, 03:15 PM

Haslem is a better Dirk defender than Batum, Wallace, Odom, Artest, Gasol, Ibaka, or Collison?

Dirk simply can't be stopped individually right now. It would take a fantastic team effort to shut him down.

crc21209
05-24-2011, 03:49 PM
and after Dirk drops 45 on his short ass, he will be saying "hi" back

He sure didnt seem to have a problem in 06'. And sure Dirk will get his, but have you seen Wade and LeBron's perimeter defense in this Bulls series? The Heat have shut down the "MVP" of the league. Now they won't shut down Dirk completely, but they will slow him down some....

DMC
05-24-2011, 04:32 PM

If they were going to spooge early, they would have done it on Kobe's clown face after cornholing the Lakers last series.

tlongII
05-24-2011, 04:36 PM
The Heat are going to wax that ass!

DDS4
05-24-2011, 04:43 PM
I still don't trust Miami's crunch time issues with 3-4 minutes left of a close game. If Dallas can play top notch defense in the Finals, there's no reason why they can't close it out.

DMC
05-24-2011, 04:50 PM
I like Dallas' chances. They play just as well on the road as at home, often better. If they can take one in Miami, this thing could be over quick.

Imagine Lebron getting swept again by a Texas team. How would that affect his psyche? What should I do, should I avoid Texas like the plague?

joshdaboss
05-25-2011, 05:14 AM

LeBron James sends his regards.

lol @ If they start LeBron at the 4 and Bosh at the 5.

LMAO @ The prospect of Nowitzki guarding James.

endrity
05-25-2011, 06:35 AM
LeBron James sends his regards.

lol @ If they start LeBron at the 4 and Bosh at the 5.

LMAO @ The prospect of Nowitzki guarding James.

No, Dirk will be guarding whoever plays the 3 and can't do shit other than hang around the 3 pt line, i.e Miller or James Jones. But that lineup would kill them on the boards I think. Chandler vs. Bosh on the boards is not fair.

monosylab1k
05-25-2011, 06:48 AM
If Dallas loses to Miami, it won't be because they "blew their load".

Miami has two Batmans occupying the Batman & Robin roles. They have a Robin occupying the Batgirl role. They just got their glue guy back, and the team is peaking at the perfect time. Not much you can do about that. Dallas has one Batman and about 5 Batgirls. They're also peaking at the right time, but I don't know that 1 Batman/5 Batgirls is better than 2 Batmans/1 Robin.

Dallas can beat Miami, but I don't think there's any way possible you can call it a choke or "blowing their load early" if they lose.

endrity
05-25-2011, 07:53 AM
lol, batgirls :)))

endrity
05-25-2011, 07:53 AM
lol, batgirls :)))

DMC
05-25-2011, 08:04 AM
If Dallas loses to Miami, it won't be because they "blew their load".

Miami has two Batmans occupying the Batman & Robin roles. They have a Robin occupying the Batgirl role. They just got their glue guy back, and the team is peaking at the perfect time. Not much you can do about that. Dallas has one Batman and about 5 Batgirls. They're also peaking at the right time, but I don't know that 1 Batman/5 Batgirls is better than 2 Batmans/1 Robin.

Dallas can beat Miami, but I don't think there's any way possible you can call it a choke or "blowing their load early" if they lose.

Since when did rationality ever interfere with lol choker threads?