PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and self defense

I. Hustle
05-24-2011, 10:42 AM
Ok so the wifey is going to have a girls night out in Austin. Most of the girls going are my family so I trust them to stick together. Also, I am not an insecure bitch that needs to keep her on a leash so I have no problem with her going.
So my question is this. When you chicas go out with the chicks do you keep anything on you for just in case? Pepper spray, a little horn ire whistle deal, those keychains that look like dogs, any of that stuff?

JudynTX
05-24-2011, 10:55 AM
I just use my long nails. :)

ashbeeigh
05-24-2011, 11:02 AM
If she's going to 6th street or somewhere where there is lots of lighting and tons of people (and police presence...) there should be no need to worry.

I go out mostly with the girls...girly girls nonetheless and never worry too much. Just taking normal precautions, stay in lighted areas, with your group, don't go to the restroom alone (that's a big one I think), get your own drink, etc. If she's taking a small purse make sure she has an id and whatever card (or cash) and that's it (oh and camera if she's one of those girls..I am). No need for extra crap. If she's carrying a big purse that may make her a bigger target. I usually take a small purse when going out just to be safe. If it makes you (and her) more comfortable to have pepper spray or whatever, take it. But I doubt anyone will need it.

mrsmaalox
05-24-2011, 11:06 AM
So you're letting her go to one of those "rape clubs" I've heard so much about here lately?

ohmwrecker
05-24-2011, 11:14 AM
They shouldn't go anywhere near 6th St, tbh.

pawe
05-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Dont eat out after clubbing. Majority of the douchebags and bitches congregate on taco bells and dennys.

ashbeeigh
05-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Dont eat out after clubbing. Majority of the douchebags and bitches congregate on taco bells and dennys.

If you have to eat out pick a quiet place off the grid...which is mostly nowhere. Or leave early enough to beat the last call crowds that come in at 2:30-3.

pawe
05-24-2011, 11:48 AM
Pepper spray is for poor people. Get a taser.

ashbeeigh
05-24-2011, 12:03 PM

and racists apparently.

I. Hustle
05-24-2011, 12:14 PM
They will probably eat at the hotel because my cousin has the hook up. More than likely they hit 6th though.

TheManFromAcme
05-24-2011, 12:27 PM

:rolleyes

...but funny :lol

pawe
05-24-2011, 12:41 PM
and racists apparently.

Oh right, you have a thread about pepper sprays. I was not thinking of you when I said that.
And it's just a joke.. I mean, pepper sprays will just piss off your attacker even more so invest in something more effective.

xellos88330
05-24-2011, 01:15 PM
If she's going to 6th street or somewhere where there is lots of lighting and tons of people (and police presence...) there should be no need to worry.

I go out mostly with the girls...girly girls nonetheless and never worry too much. Just taking normal precautions, stay in lighted areas, with your group, don't go to the restroom alone (that's a big one I think), get your own drink, etc. If she's taking a small purse make sure she has an id and whatever card (or cash) and that's it (oh and camera if she's one of those girls..I am). No need for extra crap. If she's carrying a big purse that may make her a bigger target. I usually take a small purse when going out just to be safe. If it makes you (and her) more comfortable to have pepper spray or whatever, take it. But I doubt anyone will need it.

This should be all the advice a woman needs. :toast

JoeyGreco
05-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Give me a call when you are ready.

pawe
05-24-2011, 01:27 PM
u fucking serious?
"make sure she has her ID card and money and a camera for lots of fun fb pic LOL"
this gotdamn topic was about safety. not how to successfully enter and patronize a bar.

dont go to the bathroom alone??

give me a fucking break:lmao

Sounds ok to me since those are what I usually tell my girl. Specially the get your own drink part and dont leave your drink unattended on the table.
A lot of bad things happen in the bathroom too you know.

I. Hustle
05-24-2011, 01:50 PM
It wasn't really just about bar safety. It was more about what precautions women take when going out sans guy. Since I am a dude I was wondering what chicks did, if anything, when having a girls night out. I was actually thinking more along the lines of getting her something to carry with her I didn't mention bars specifically. Ash was just being cool and offering tits... I mean TIPS! TIPS!

ashbeeigh
05-24-2011, 02:22 PM
u fucking serious?
"make sure she has her ID card and money and a camera for lots of fun fb pic LOL"
this gotdamn topic was about safety. not how to successfully enter and patronize a bar.

dont go to the bathroom alone??

give me a fucking break:lmao

Women and Men, especially when clubbing/bar hopping live in two different worlds. Fun and safety go hand in hand. I was talking about both.

I'm sure I Hustle's wife already knows to take her camera if she's takes tons of pictures. It was more of a word about packing lightly to avoid having a large purse so someone could come up behind you and grab your purse.

Going to the bathroom alone is being safe-especially if one person is drinking and another isn't. Case and point- I went out with a guy friend who is a nice enough guy but got seriously trashed one evening. He wandered around the bar all night, stopping in front of the restroom entrance hitting on girls in his drunkenness. Had the guys we went with not rescued him (and those poor girls that were going into the restroom) he could have done something he would have regretted. My point is- those types of guys are all over the place. Just be safe.

Not to mention girls don't even go the bathroom alone when they go the movies for goodness sakes.

ploto
05-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Where do some of ya'll go?

SsKSpurs21
05-24-2011, 03:55 PM
go to 4th street if you are bar hopping. 6th is more for clubs and 18 year olds who cant get into bars. Pur lounge and Friends on 6th are cool though.

desflood
05-24-2011, 03:55 PM
why cant u take your drink to the bathroom??
guys carry their beers to the bathroom all the time.
That's disgusting.

mrsmaalox
05-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Hustle, I think if she stays out of sleazy pick up bars, she should be fine.

2pac > Kobe
05-24-2011, 04:01 PM
advice on bar safety?
give me a fucking break

:lmao

its not a bar you dumb mother fucker, its a fucking rape club

CuckingFunt
05-24-2011, 04:19 PM
I would never go out if I freaked out this much beforehand. Keep an eye on my shit, keep an eye on all drinks I purchased (or that are purchased for me), keep track of the friends who might overindulge, make sure I don't do the same, etc. All pretty common sense, to me. I don't spend the whole night in fear.

And I don't recruit friends to come to the bathroom with me. That's silly.

Also, what's last call?

I. Hustle
05-24-2011, 04:21 PM
Hustle, I think if she stays out of sleazy pick up bars, she should be fine.

Yeah I know. I am more worried about them getting around. I lived in Austin so it's no big deal to me but only one member of the group is familiar with Austin and it's my wild ass cousin. I am also worried that my wife will have to be THE level headed one of the group.

mrsmaalox
05-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Yeah I know. I am more worried about them getting around. I lived in Austin so it's no big deal to me but only one member of the group is familiar with Austin and it's my wild ass cousin. I am also worried that my wife will have to be THE level headed one of the group.

Well, then you should gift them a limo ;)

DMC
05-24-2011, 04:26 PM
if you cant finish a drink before going to piss/shit then you got a weak liver.

wait to pee until you finish that drink

then piss, then come back and order a new drink

why cant u take your drink to the bathroom??
guys carry their beers to the bathroom all the time.
no big deal

advice on bar safety?
give me a fucking break

Here's your break: don't click on the thread, faggot.

I. Hustle
05-24-2011, 04:49 PM

I. Hustle
05-24-2011, 04:53 PM
I would never go out if I freaked out this much beforehand. Keep an eye on my shit, keep an eye on all drinks I purchased (or that are purchased for me), keep track of the friends who might overindulge, make sure I don't do the same, etc. All pretty common sense, to me. I don't spend the whole night in fear.

And I don't recruit friends to come to the bathroom with me. That's silly.

Also, what's last call?

Not freaking out, just wondering if you take anything with you. Do y'all have anything like 6th street and DTONE Austin where you are? Legitimately asking.

CuckingFunt
05-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Not freaking out, just wondering if you take anything with you. Do y'all have anything like 6th street and DTONE Austin where you are? Legitimately asking.

I live in New Orleans.

Wilford Brimley
05-24-2011, 05:07 PM
If they have the time and the means, I believe most women should take kickboxing or Brazilian jiu-jitsu classes. Not only does it make your body a weapon, but it puts you in great shape.

I. Hustle
05-24-2011, 06:55 PM
I live in New Orleans.

All this time I thought you were in Cali

CuckingFunt
05-24-2011, 07:20 PM
All this time I thought you were in Cali

Well, most of this time I was. Just moved to New Orleans about eleven months ago.

I. Hustle
05-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Well, most of this time I was. Just moved to New Orleans about eleven months ago.

Oh ok. So have you killed anyone or got your grill slugged up yet? Since you're in the murder cappy... where niggas is murda happy.

redzero
05-24-2011, 07:31 PM
I've lived in New Orleans all my life but I haven't killed anybody yet. I guess I am doing it wrong.

CuckingFunt
05-24-2011, 07:36 PM
Oh ok. So have you killed anyone or got your grill slugged up yet? Since you're in the murder cappy... where niggas is murda happy.

New Orleans isn't the murder cappy. Think that's currently St. Louis.

But the answer to both questions is still no. I mostly do homework and wander around bars. Neither activities require a grill. Or murder.

ashbeeigh
05-24-2011, 07:43 PM
I always thought the murder capital of the US was Baltimore. But, I could be wrong.

ashbeeigh
05-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Looks like I Hustle was right..as of a year ago and using the most up to date UCR stats.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2010/05/new_orleans_murder_rate_remain.html

I. Hustle
05-24-2011, 08:21 PM
I got it from a T.I song with Lil Wayne in it. Stand up

I. Hustle
05-24-2011, 08:24 PM
I've lived in New Orleans all my life but I haven't killed anybody yet. I guess I am doing it wrong.

You must be. The only time I've been there I went straight to the 'Nolia. Got my grill and my temporary tear drop tattoo.