PDA

View Full Version : Brown 3 yrs/18 mil, done deal?

ChrisRichards
05-25-2011, 12:36 AM
http://www.csnbayarea.com/05/24/11/Sour ... eedID=5986

God, please let it be:lol

ChrisRichards
05-25-2011, 12:40 AM
More KOBE ISO

:lmao

badfish22
05-25-2011, 01:55 AM
:lol first the Skunker and now this? CL must be imploding.

DJ Mbenga
05-25-2011, 02:06 AM
read it was a 3 yr deal for 12 million, team option for 4th.

TDMVPDPOY
05-25-2011, 02:28 AM
this clown couldnt even control lebron, now his going to get the biggest prima donna to handle...fail

IronMaxipad
05-25-2011, 02:29 AM
Thank you Jim Buss

:bang

RedsLakers24
05-25-2011, 02:45 AM
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/9988/kobe.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/511/kobe.gif/)

RedsLakers24
05-25-2011, 02:46 AM
http://i53.tinypic.com/vowqd5.gif

nevetslc
05-25-2011, 02:54 AM
Laker fans reaction
http://i56.tinypic.com/34o8uxh.gif

IronMaxipad
05-25-2011, 02:57 AM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii76/H3AT23/LeBrongif.gif

vato loco
05-25-2011, 03:02 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/210m7ae.jpg

der Kaiser
05-25-2011, 04:11 AM
ubber lame. Its Rudy Tomjonowhatever all over again. The Lakers will struggle and MB wont be able to handle it and he will quit mid season.

Giuseppe
05-25-2011, 05:33 AM
:lol first the Skunker and now this? CL must be imploding.

The Skunker!!!

TheManFromAcme
05-25-2011, 05:40 AM
meh, not worried about the MB pick up should it go down

MB couldn't help it that Lebron was a quitter. a good player or team for that matter that quits on you can make ANY good coach look lame. (see western conference semi-finals between dallas and L.A.)

could be worse.....stan van gundy anyone?

I Love Brian Shaw but I just don't think he's ready. Mike Brown has coach Pop roots which in turn has Larry Brown roots. MB is from a solid tree.

Halberto
05-25-2011, 05:54 AM
These gifs are too funny

Giuseppe
05-25-2011, 06:14 AM
^ Kinda like Pop & Bonner havin' at it during 8.

tee, hee.

Muser
05-25-2011, 06:34 AM
It's not a terrible signing. He's a great defensive coach and it's not as if the Lakers were running an amazing offense under Phil.

TheManFromAcme
05-25-2011, 07:07 AM
It's not a terrible signing. He's a great defensive coach and it's not as if the Lakers were running an amazing offense under Phil.

:tu

The triangle may have run it's course. I don't know. I mean, hell, teams have had what....20 years to work out schemes against it? The Bulls and Lakers I think have exploited all of what the Triangle could offer.

I would like Adelman but hell, there are far worse picks than MB. What does amaze me is that this is solely a Jim Buss pick, should it happen. Dr. Buss really must be relinquishing much of the reigns to his son. Jim didn't do to bad with bynum tbh. The Laker organization is slowly changing the guard....ever so slowly

ChrisRichards
05-25-2011, 08:30 AM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii76/H3AT23/LeBrongif.gif

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/9988/kobe.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/511/kobe.gif/)

:lol

:tu

The triangle may have run it's course. I don't know. I mean, hell, teams have had what....20 years to work out schemes against it? The Bulls and Lakers I think have exploited all of what the Triangle could offer.

I would like Adelman but hell, there are far worse picks than MB. What does amaze me is that this is solely a Jim Buss pick, should it happen. Dr. Buss really must be relinquishing much of the reigns to his son. Jim didn't do to bad with bynum tbh. The Laker organization is slowly changing the guard....ever so slowly

If this is true, then the Lakers just went into a serious downgrade. He'll bring defense all right but watch and wait him in close games. You will see a lot of Kobe on top of the key ISO jacking up shots. Honestly, if this was like 4-5 years ago, yeah It could work since Kobe was an assasin back then on offense, but Kobe as we all know is a former shell of himself.

Lakers need a major perimeter contributor in order for this relationship to work. Mike Brown won't even used Bynum and Gasol properly, this I can guarantee you. This is a lateral if not worst move for the Laker who needed a major change.

I think Brown will definitely transform Odom, Barnes, Artest and Bynum's defensive philosophy, thats a positive thing but overall the Lakers like J West said are just too long in the tooth.

LA needs to go after a young, athletic swing to help alleviate Kobe's deficiency on the offensive end nowadays. A guy like Iggy or even Ruday Gay will do wonders for them.

HarlemHeat37
05-25-2011, 08:34 AM
Kobe has only played in 1 season without the Triangle(excluding his early years), and he couldn't handle it..he averaged 4+ turnovers and even worse than usual efficiency, when he was put in the Lebron/early Jordan role..

This won't be any different, Mike Brown doesn't run an offense..

TheManFromAcme
05-25-2011, 08:48 AM

If this is true, then the Lakers just went into a serious downgrade. He'll bring defense all right but watch and wait him in close games. You will see a lot of Kobe on top of the key ISO jacking up shots. Honestly, if this was like 4-5 years ago, yeah It could work since Kobe was an assasin back then on offense, but Kobe as we all know is a former shell of himself.

Lakers need a major perimeter contributor in order for this relationship to work. Mike Brown won't even used Bynum and Gasol properly, this I can guarantee you. This is a lateral if not worst move for the Laker who needed a major change.

I think Brown will definitely transform Odom, Barnes, Artest and Bynum's defensive philosophy, thats a positive thing but overall the Lakers like J West said are just too long in the tooth.

LA needs to go after a young, athletic swing to help alleviate Kobe's deficiency on the offensive end nowadays. A guy like Iggy or even Ruday Gay will do wonders for them.

good insights Chris but I am afraid they are all speculative at the moment. I agree with Kobe's decline but "shell of his former self" is a bit of a stretch.
He's more than just servicable. your spot on with the athletic swing guy needs. can't argue that. I understand the artest pick up (without him we don't beat boston) but here now, 2 years later, Ariza would be perfect for us right now.

Summer isn't really here yet. Lakers got 3 months to manuever. Lots can happen

Kyle Orton
05-25-2011, 08:51 AM
lol a coach who needs his assistant to draw up the plays

cheguevara
05-25-2011, 08:53 AM
:lol nobody wants to coach Kobe

TheManFromAcme
05-25-2011, 08:57 AM
:lol nobody wants to coach Kobe

thanks for your in depth analysis Che....
don't hurt yourself :rolleyes

cheguevara
05-25-2011, 09:04 AM
what do you want lakerfan? Brown is a yes man and a great house negro. He will make Lakers management happy in this rebuilding period. You can't really call the Lakers contenders anymore. Not with that bench.

JamStone
05-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Lol Brown basically ran an offense that would give LeBron 50+ one-on-one isolation plays at the top of the key. Take the handcuffs off Kobe, and even in his old age, his stubborn ass is going to feel free to chuck up 30 shots a game. Even if the triangle had run its course, Lakers need a guy who has some kind of structured offense.

Bad signing. I won't go so far as saying it's a horrible signing. But it's bad.

tlongII
05-25-2011, 09:14 AM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/5/27/128879308076934023.jpg

TheManFromAcme
05-25-2011, 09:23 AM
what do you want lakerfan? Brown is a yes man and a great house negro. He will make Lakers management happy in this re-tooling period. You can't really call the Lakers contenders anymore. Not with that bench.

pau, Drew and the Kobester say hi

Ashy Larry
05-25-2011, 09:36 AM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljw5npWz3z1qa56vgo1_250.gif

Ashy Larry
05-25-2011, 09:37 AM
the last thing I wanna see is Mike Brown and him damn near smiling every time he talks ..... what the fuck is wrong with his mouth???

Killakobe81
05-25-2011, 09:40 AM
good insights Chris but I am afraid they are all speculative at the moment. I agree with Kobe's decline but "shell of his former self" is a bit of a stretch.
He's more than just servicable. your spot on with the athletic swing guy needs. can't argue that. I understand the artest pick up (without him we don't beat boston) but here now, 2 years later, Ariza would be perfect for us right now.

Summer isn't really here yet. Lakers got 3 months to manuever. Lots can happen

All of this, well said Acme. Anyone (even Kobe) not admitting a "decline" is delusional. But those that act as if he fell off a cliff, especially offensively, are crazy as well. He is no longer a sure-fire top 1-5 player. But he is definitely still in the top 10. Will he need help to win? Of course he does.

As for Brown, not a huge fan, despite what he brings defensively. Maybe that Mo williams post dunk press conference, and watching Lebron play iso at the top of the key every playoffs, have poisoned me towards Brown. People say hey he led a team of Lebron and some stiffs to the Finals, I counter when you have a potential GOAT in a weak eastern conference, he SHOULD be able to do that. His career win% is impressive, but again Lebron deserves more credit for that as well.

I guess It's tough for me to bite my tongue and accept 2nd class NBA status, even when it comes to coaching candidates. Riley and Phil have been the coaches for the majority of my years as a Laker fan ... but Buss has carried the highest team payroll and paid for the best coach money could buy. I get why he is looking to save $ here, especially facing a lockout.

I just hope any savings he makes on the bench staff, he finds a way to add to the roster in the backcourt and bench.

JamStone
05-25-2011, 09:51 AM
If they were going to go after a Brown, they should have just gone after Larry Brown for the last few years of Kobe's career.

Cessation
05-25-2011, 09:54 AM
lol I also hope this is true, bean vs brown, this should be good

Killakobe81
05-25-2011, 10:08 AM
no way Brown wins a battle of wills with Kobe ...

ChrisRichards
05-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Kobe's a borderline Top 10 player next year, he's still elite but he can no longer be the best offensive option on a championship team.

TheManFromAcme
05-25-2011, 10:19 AM
All of this, well said Acme. Anyone even Kobe not admitting a "decline" is delusional. But those that act as if he fell off a cliff, especially offensively are crazy as well. He is no longer a sure-fire top 1-5 player. But he is definitely still in the top 10. Will he need help to win? Of course he does.

As for Brown, not a huge fan, despite what he brings defensively. Maybe that Mo williams post dunk press conference and watchig Lebron play iso at the top of the key evry playoffs have poisoned me towards Brown. people say he he led a team of Lebron and some stiffs to the Finals, I counter when you have a potential GOAT in a weak eastern conference he SHOULD be able to do that. his career win% is impressive, but again Lebron deserves more credit for that as well.

I guess It's tough for me to bite my tongue and accept 2nd class NBA status, even when it comes to coaching riley and Phil have been the coaches for the majority of my years as a Laker fan ... but Buss has carried the highest team payroll and paid for the best coach money could buy. I get why he is looking to save $, especially facing a lockout. I just hope any savings he makes on the bench staff, he finds a way to add to the backcourt and bench.

well put Killa. I am not dancing a jig because the Buss family decided to go with MB (speaking of which, is it confirmed yet?) but it is what it is. The milk is spilled. lets see what happens.

The Lakers have been blessed with arguably probably the 2 best coaches ever and to see us go with a 2nd tier coach is bothersome but hey, you just never know. Maybe MB flourishes with this group and goes no holds bar.

here's hoping for the best. I am confident still.

Banzai
05-25-2011, 10:57 AM
I was hoping this thread was about Shannon brown...Fuck...hello 2005.

ChrisRichards
05-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Report: Kobe Bryanthttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1114919&start=180#) “surprised” by Mike Brown hiring http://dlvr.it/Sz0Mv

Cane
05-25-2011, 11:03 AM
Jim Bust in action?

Banzai
05-25-2011, 11:05 AM
I just can not understand the decision to hire him... What does this guy even do that's a positive??

ChrisRichards
05-25-2011, 11:07 AM
I just can not understand the decision to hire him... What does this guy even do that's a positive??
Well, he's a players coach. Expect Mike Brown to make Kobe Bryant happy in terms of offensive freedom.

Jose Canseco
Kobe's a borderline Top 10 player next year, he's still elite but he can no longer be the best offensive option on a championship team.

Based on what?

His production this season was right in line with the previous two seasons when the Lakers won championships.

The playoff productions shows a drop-off in Kobe's stats, albeit in fewer minutes played, but if you want to look at a more relevant issue, it's Pau's production in the playoffs.

Kobe isn't the same Kobe anymore, but with the talent around him, he can still be the go-to guy on a championship level team if the supporting cast does their part.

Giuseppe
Jim Bust in action?

He was right with Bynum and it cost the tired old shit bag Duncan two rings.

tee, hee.

Jose Canseco
05-25-2011, 11:08 AM

1. Doesn't demand $12 million a year
2. Doesn't stick a pork loin in the owner's daughter every night

ChrisRichards
05-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Based on what?

His production this season was right in line with the previous two seasons when the Lakers won championships.

The playoff productions shows a drop-off in Kobe's stats, albeit in fewer minutes played, but if you want to look at a more relevant issue, it's Pau's production in the playoffs.

Kobe isn't the same Kobe anymore, but with the talent around him, he can still be the go-to guy on a championship level team if the supporting cast does their part.

Kobe's PER, TS and FG% are at its lowest since 05-06.

Father time?

Players better than Kobe this year and possibly next year

Lebron
Durant
Wade
Dwight
CP3
Rose
Dirk
Melo

Other younger players that will improve and is climbing up that ladder

LMA
ZbO
Amare
Deron Williams
Westbrook

Kobe can still get the job done, but I just dont think he can do it consistently in the regular season and in the playoffs anymore. 15 seasons, and having logged the most minutes by any active NBA player has taken its toll.

Jose Canseco
05-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Kobe's PER, TS and FG% are at its lowest since 05-06.

Father time?

His "playoff" PER, TS and FG% in a 10 game stretch. Look at his regular season stats and they are right in line with the previous two seasons. I'm not saying Kobe is exactly as good as the previous two seasons, but his playoff production was definitely related to how the team played as a whole. Take the bigger sample size as a better reflection of what he is capable of, not the 10 game sample.

He's absolutely declined. But he's still good enough to be the go-to guy on a championship level team when his team has other good pieces and they play well. He can't go for 40 and will his team to win every night. But he's good enough to lead a team when the he gets help. That's the point of putting a championship caliber supporting cast around a great player. For example, LeBron James' playoff PER, TS, and FG% are noticeably down from the previous two seasons. Don't think having a better cast around him helps so he doesn't have to put the entire team on his back every single playoff game?

The whole playoff "PER, TS, FG% are down" argument was disengenuous otherwise it would apply to LeBron as well.

Players better than Kobe this year and possibly next year

Lebron
Durant
Wade
Dwight
CP3
Rose
Dirk
Melo

Other younger players that will improve and is climbing up that ladder

LMA
ZbO
Amare
Deron Williams
Westbrook

Kobe can still get the job done, but I just dont think he can do it consistently in the regular season and in the playoffs anymore. 15 seasons, and having logged the most minutes by any active NBA player has taken its toll.

Don't necessarily disagree with those players being better than Kobe, with the possible exceptions of Dwight and Melo. Dwight is more impactful because but we've seen his weaknesses in terms of being the best player on a team and leading that team far. I would have more disagreements about the second list of players. Good players but none of them have done shit to warrant the notion that they'll surpass Kobe even at Kobe's age. Zbo isn't that young, btw. But I'd rather not get into a debate about that.

I know Kobe can't carry a team to a championship by himself, like Jordan or Hakeem was able to do in their title runs. But with the cast he has, he can be the go-to guy and closer when the supporting cast plays well enough.

Killakobe81
05-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Why does Kobe become the topic of debate in almost every thread? :lol

this was about Brown, not Kobe. I know CR is feeling good right now as well he should, but no way all those guys are all better than Kobe. So let's close that subject here and lets focus back on the topic at hand Brown's coaching acumen or lack there of ...

Giuseppe
05-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Why does Kobe become the topic of debate in almost every thread?

Kobe: 5

tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

that's why.

Isitjustme?
05-25-2011, 11:57 AM
They need to get this signing done soon. You want to have as much time as possible to learn that complicated offense he is going to install.

Venti Quattro
05-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Mike Brown is going to be there for defense. I hope Shaw runs the offense

TheNextGen
05-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Larry Brown, Adelman, Sloan...all coaches that players these days dont give a shit about. Time for the new breeds.

dbreiden83080
05-25-2011, 12:19 PM
He's a good coach, i don't know why this is so funny to people? Who are you gonna get? All the coaching legends of the last 20 years or so are retired or should be retired..

Maybe they should have called Larry Brown :lol

dbreiden83080
05-25-2011, 12:24 PM
no way Brown wins a battle of wills with Kobe ...

No coach in the NBA outside of maybe Phil was ever gonna win that.. Lakers probably didn't wanna hire Shaw out of fear the team would be complacent with him..

TheManFromAcme
05-25-2011, 12:28 PM
They need to get this signing done soon. You want to have as much time as possible to learn that complicated offense he is going to install.

sarcasm is an art form and you have obviously failed.

try again

Giuseppe
05-25-2011, 12:33 PM
Mike Brown is going to be there for defense. I hope Shaw runs the offense

I wouldn't imagine Shaw staying after this.

dbreiden83080
05-25-2011, 12:51 PM
I wouldn't imagine Shaw staying after this.

7 years as an assistant, probably never gonna get a shot..

JamStone
05-25-2011, 01:34 PM

I believe Tom Thibodeau was an NBA assistant coach for about 20 seasons before he got his shot with Chicago.

hater
05-25-2011, 01:36 PM
I was gonna post a :lol cause I thought this was about Shannon Brown

but this is much worse :lmao :lmao

Cane
05-25-2011, 01:38 PM

Maybe the logo will give him a call @ Golden State.

nevetslc
05-25-2011, 02:19 PM
sounds like Ettore Messina is gonna be Mike Browns assistant coach.

http://es.eurosport.yahoo.com/baloncesto/dobles-figuras/article/2371/

Translated...

Four years later, fate will join Mike Brown and Ettore Messina on an ambitious and not without difficulties. Because the rumor has become news, and as I have known, Messina will accept the offer from the Lakers and will take the American adventure for the next season. The Italian coach, who had been tempted by the Nets and Spurs, will be responsible for straightening the ship angelina and be an important part in the decisions and moves that are going to do in the coming days. Movements of which is pending Pau Gasol himself, criticized after eliminating the Lakers at the hands of the Dallas Mavericks' Dirk Nowitzki.

Rumors flew late afternoon from Los Angeles. The journalist Eric Pincus of HOOPSWORLD, echoed rumors that placed as assistant coach Ettore Messina of Mike Brown in Los Angeles Lakers. The former Cleveland coach Messina met since 2007, when he visited to check their training methods in the technical phase of Sicilian at CSKA Moscow. Apparently, Brown, a great lover of defensive play, was impressed by the methods of Ettore.

dbreiden83080
05-25-2011, 02:38 PM
I believe Tom Thibodeau was an NBA assistant coach for about 20 seasons before he got his shot with Chicago.

But he was getting endorsed by a lot of the players to take over and they went another way.. Lakers obviously don't believe in him for that spot.. Maybe he stays but it was sorta the same with the Yanks and Mattingly. He was the hitting coach there for a number of years and after Torre, Jeter and co were on Donnie's band-wagon but they went with Girardi..

picc84
05-25-2011, 02:43 PM
The only good thing about this is that unlike players, coaches can be fired at any time.

JamStone
05-25-2011, 02:43 PM
But he was getting endorsed by a lot of the players to take over and they went another way.. Lakers obviously don't believe in him for that spot.. Maybe he stays but it was sorta the same with the Yanks and Mattingly. He was the hitting coach there for a number of years and after Torre, Jeter and co were on Donnie's band-wagon but they went with Girardi..

If you meant never get a shot "with the Lakers," that's a more reasonable contention.

I read your comment as meaning never get a shot at any head coaching gig in the NBA.

dbreiden83080
05-25-2011, 02:46 PM
If you meant never get a shot "with the Lakers," that's a more reasonable contention.

I read your comment as meaning never get a shot at any head coaching gig in the NBA.

No Lakers.. Unless he stays and Brown bombs..

ohmwrecker
05-25-2011, 02:48 PM
The Lakers really are the gift that keeps on giving this year.

picc84
05-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Haven't been this angry since the '10 trade deadline. Head feels numb, like I smoked an ounce. Weird.

picc84
05-25-2011, 02:53 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/zxp1qq.gif

Are you goddamn fucking kidding me?

05-25-2011, 02:57 PM
adelman probably would have been a much better choice. he instilled toughness into the rockets, extracting maximum potential from minimal talent and could probably have done the same for the lakers.

Giuseppe
05-25-2011, 03:00 PM
adelman probably would have been a much better choice. he instilled toughness into the rockets, extracting maximum potential from minimal talent and could probably have done the same for the lakers.

Adelman is a total bust out.

picc84
05-25-2011, 03:01 PM
One of the most prestigious and successful franchises in sports, being run by a bumbling fool who was using his intelligence and business savvy on a horse farm before his rich daddy gave him the dreamjob of the century. Fuck this world.

ChrisRichards
05-25-2011, 03:05 PM
I was gonna post a :lol cause I thought this was about Shannon Brown

but this is much worse :lmao :lmao

The only good thing about this is that unlike players, coaches can be fired at any time.

http://i44.tinypic.com/zxp1qq.gif

Are you goddamn fucking kidding me?

Adelman is a total bust out.

Adelman brings confidence and poise, Brown has none of those. Mike Brown is worst, well maybe not as worst but he's right there with Steve Van Gundy when it comes to panic and confusion in crunch time :lol

TimmehC
05-25-2011, 03:13 PM
sounds like Ettore Messina is gonna Mike Browns assistant coach.

http://es.eurosport.yahoo.com/baloncesto/dobles-figuras/article/2371/

Translated...

Fuck. Lakers D is gonna be sick.

Giuseppe
05-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Adelman brings confidence and poise

Please.

Instead of fighting us early in the century he took the easy, bait the Officiating route.

He acted like a bitch. And we fucked him, like a bitch.

ChrisRichards
05-25-2011, 03:20 PM
The Lakers chemistry and experience will carry Mike Brown during the season. Brown's knack for defense will give the Lakers a glimpse of hope and flashes of dominance.

In the playoffs however, this is where Laker fans will hate MB with passion. The guy has no true and tried offensive game plan..at all. Defense does win championships but this Laker team were successful the past 2 years because they always knew how to beat any set of defense thrown at them.

Its going to be an adjustment period so no Laker fans should expect a title next year and the year after that. TBH, I don't think Jim Buss' plan is to win NOW anyway. I think he still has high hopes that Bynum will become the player he once envisioned him to be. He's bringing Mike Brown to help develop Bynum's defensive ability while using Kobe's appeal as a cash cow for the time being until he finally hangs it up.

crc21209
05-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Kobe: 5

tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

that's why.

:lol That has nothing to do with this topic....good try though. :tu

ChrisRichards
05-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Please.

Instead of fighting us early in the century he took the easy, bait the Officiating route.

He acted like a bitch. And we fucked him, like a bitch.
Adelman has been very unlucky, he battled Phil and Jordan in the 90's and couldn't overcome the horrible officiating job in 2002.

His next stop wasn't so great either. Yao Ming and Tmac never had the goods tbh.

Adelman hasnt proved anything at the biggest stage other than a couple of defeats, I agree with you but I just don't think MB is what this old and experienced Lakers team need at this point. BUt hey, we'll see how it goes.

Giuseppe
05-25-2011, 03:25 PM
so no Laker fans should expect a title next year and the year after that.

According to the NBA Forum we weren't supposed to expect a title last June, or, the June afore that one.

Axe Murderer
05-25-2011, 03:31 PM
I actually like Mike Brown a lot but this is a terrible signing.

He's shown that he can't handle superstars with big egos and things went crashing and burning as soon he was faced with controversy. LA is the last place for a coach like him. You have a team that is always under the national media's microscope, a guy like Kobe who's declining but still chucks up bad shots, and of course Ron Artest.

I give him two years max before he's outta there

IronMaxipad
05-25-2011, 03:39 PM
WPb2nZPxffU

jbgyoKnVB3E

:drunk

Axe Murderer
05-25-2011, 03:41 PM

kXv0HT2N43E

ALVAREZ6
05-25-2011, 03:43 PM
lolololololololololol :tu

Giuseppe
05-25-2011, 03:43 PM
He reminds me of Godfrey Cambridge.

Axe Murderer
05-25-2011, 03:44 PM
lol Ironmaxipad beating me to it

ALVAREZ6

kXv0HT2N43E

croflfadlf maldfmoasfmaosfmasofmm what a cock sucker :lmao

Kyle Orton
LA shoulda requested permission to talk to Gentry, I'll bet Sarver woulda been fine letting him leave so he had a scapegoat to build this off season around, and doing so LA woulda had a top 10 coach who Kobe respects

ClippersDynasty
05-25-2011, 03:50 PM
:lmao Lakers are a joke.

Clippers will be running LA starting next season.

Mike Brown? Seriously :lol

ChrisRichards
05-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Anyone find it ironic that Byron Scott is coaching the Cavs while Mike Brown will be coaching the Lakerrs lol

TheManFromAcme
05-25-2011, 03:56 PM
:lmao Lakers are a joke.

Clippers will be running LA starting next season.

Mike Brown? Seriously :lol

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

what an idiot

ClippersDynasty
05-25-2011, 04:02 PM
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

what an idiot

Griffin>Pau
Gordon>Tired old shit bag Kobe
Jordan>Bynum (and Kobe for that matter) :lmao

TheManFromAcme
05-25-2011, 04:03 PM
The Lakers chemistry and experience will carry Mike Brown during the season. Brown's knack for defense will give the Lakers a glimpse of hope and flashes of dominance.

In the playoffs however, this is where Laker fans will hate MB with passion. The guy has no true and tried offensive game plan..at all. Defense does win championships but this Laker team were successful the past 2 years because they always knew how to beat any set of defense thrown at them.

Its going to be an adjustment period so no Laker fans should expect a title next year and the year after that. TBH, I don't think Jim Buss' plan is to win NOW anyway. I think he still has high hopes that Bynum will become the player he once envisioned him to be. He's bringing Mike Brown to help develop Bynum's defensive ability while using Kobe's appeal as a cash cow for the time being until he finally hangs it up.

...on the contrary....

Chris, with all due respect, you mean to tell me Jim Buss thinks his chances
are out the window for another title? What makes you say that? The Lakers will still have one of if not the best front line in the NBA. How could you possibly know Jim's direction. So you mean, he's just going to ride out Pau, Kobe and gang just to develop Drew? Come on man! All the bashing for a team that just won it 11 months ago. Give me a break

I think Mike Brown is going to do just fine.

TheManFromAcme
05-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Griffin>Pau
Gordon>Tired old shit bag Kobe
Jordan>Bynum (and Kobe for that matter) :lmao

please stop :lmao

my stomach hurts..

ClippersDynasty
05-25-2011, 04:05 PM
please stop :lmao

my stomach hurts..

My stomach would hurt right now too if I were a Laker fan.

TheManFromAcme
05-25-2011, 04:14 PM
My stomach would hurt right now too if I were a Laker fan.

clippers.......wow :wow

ChrisRichards
05-25-2011, 04:26 PM
...on the contrary....

are out the window for another title? What makes you say that? The Lakers will still have one of if not the best front line in the NBA. How could you possibly know Jim's direction. So you mean, he's just going to ride out Pau, Kobe and gang just to develop Drew? Come on man! All the bashing for a team that just won it 11 months ago. Give me a break

vato loco
05-25-2011, 05:00 PM
hopefully brian shaw stays as an offensive coordinator and as someone that will demand respect...mike brown does not have the mind or personality required for those two things. homie seems like a socially awkward pussy that didn't get laid until his late 20s i don't understand how the lakers think he will be able to handle the most prestigious coaching job in the nba smh

Trainwreck2100
05-25-2011, 05:07 PM
lol why would shaw stay when he was promised the job and didn't get it?

ChrisRichards
05-25-2011, 05:50 PM
hopefully brian shaw stays as an offensive coordinator and as someone that will demand respect...mike brown does not have the mind or personality required for those two things. homie seems like a socially awkward pussy that didn't get laid until his late 20s i don't understand how the lakers think he will be able to handle the most prestigious coaching job in the nba smh

They already have an offensive O. It's that Messina dude from the Euroleague.

ClippersDynasty
05-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Well hey Lakerfan at least they didn't hire Mike Dunleavy hahahahaha

ChrisRichards
05-25-2011, 06:04 PM
...on the contrary....

Like you said, the Lakers can still make a move in the summer. For all we know, Gasol & Odom may be replaced with a fresher set of legs next season. It's quite obvious Jim Buss is running the team now. Mike Brown was hired without consulting Kobe, so I won't be surprised if they blow this Laker squad this off season too and build a team around Bynum rather than Kobe.

Giuseppe
05-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Team: Los Angeles Clippers

Axe Murderer
05-25-2011, 06:34 PM
http://celtics.bostonsportsmedia.com/images/mike_brown.jpg

IronMaxipad
05-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Kobe Bryant has no comment on the Mike Brown hiring. Confused by the decision.

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2011/05/kobe-bryant-has-no-comment-on-the-mike-brown-hiring.html

John Basedow
05-25-2011, 06:37 PM
http://204.45.110.156/bin/1234443297_ken_park_suicide.gif

Giuseppe
05-25-2011, 06:45 PM
Kobe Bryant has no comment on the Mike Brown hiring. Confused by the decision.

Next time don't let the Mavs beat ya flat & you'll have a case.

KidCongo
05-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Lakers will be back at the top if they embrace MB's D. There's enough talent and experience to get them by and Brown has been waiting Messina to be his assistant for years.

MB hardly criticizes his players through the media, he pretty much sucks talking in front of a crowd, something totally different to PJ.

ducks
05-25-2011, 06:53 PM
I actually like Mike Brown a lot but this is a terrible signing.

He's shown that he can't handle superstars with big egos and things went crashing and burning as soon he was faced with controversy. LA is the last place for a coach like him. You have a team that is always under the national media's microscope, a guy like Kobe who's declining but still chucks up bad shots, and of course Ron Artest.

I give him two years max before he's outta theremike brown did what the owner of the cavs wanted
do cuddle james

HarlemHo 37
05-25-2011, 07:02 PM
:lol Suicide.... Buss must not have realized the difference between a coach and a bystander. Brown didn't really have anything to do with the Cavs winning. And he never won the big game.

KidCongo
05-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Everyone to quick to doubt a great young coach. Brown got a lot out of some shitty roleplayers in Cleveland.

ElNono
05-25-2011, 07:16 PM
He's probably filling in temporarily until Phil Jackson changes his mind...

Non-Issue

vato loco
05-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Everyone to quick to doubt a great young coach. Brown got a lot out of some shitty roleplayers in Cleveland.

he doesn't have the personality to ever be a great coach

phil j, pop, larry brown, riles, etc are all imposing and demand respect...brown doesn't have that he sounds like a socially awkward, stuttering, 40 yr old virgin he's not gna cut it in LA

Giuseppe
05-25-2011, 07:28 PM
He's probably filling in temporarily until Phil Jackson changes his mind

...last time he had his mind changed for him he could still cut the mustard. Now he's probably only able to lick the jar.

Issue

lefty
05-25-2011, 07:30 PM
Clublakers down

ducks
05-25-2011, 07:31 PM
so no triangle next year
so are the lakers going to go after a point guard?

lefty
05-25-2011, 07:32 PM
By the way, Mike Brown shoulb be on ESPN tonight during the halftime show

ducks
05-25-2011, 07:34 PM
I am surprised the lakers did not make this announcement during the finals
I told my co-worker they would be.

they just have to have attention in the postseason

KidCongo
05-25-2011, 07:34 PM
he doesn't have the personality to ever be a great coach

phil j, pop, larry brown, riles, etc are all imposing and demand respect...brown doesn't have that he sounds like a socially awkward, stuttering, 40 yr old virgin he's not gna cut it in LA

So he might not fit in via the personality but you're writing him off because of that?? I still think MB has enough passion and basketball smarts to get Kobe and co on his side in training camp.

HarlemHeat37
05-25-2011, 07:37 PM
So he might not fit in via the personality but you're writing him off because of that?? I still think MB has enough passion and basketball smarts to get Kobe and co on his side in training camp.

You gonna be happy for him in June, Congo?..

Killakobe81
05-25-2011, 07:42 PM

I agree I fall in to that trap ...writing him off based on his "presence" ...he is a excellent defensive coach, and TBH if went Adelman or Shaw I would of wanted a defensive guru like Brown on the staff anyway. If he compiles a good staff ...he should do well. Can he get us back to a title? Who knows PJ was not able to with the current roster ...that needs some tweaks. So i will judge him not on titles, but on getting the most out of the roster, that is all you can ask for.

So not thrilled, but hopeful. Adelman was my top choice out of the "pool" ...to me, Shaw is too green right now ...

KidCongo
05-25-2011, 07:56 PM
I agree I fall in to that trap ...writing him off based on his "presence" ...he is a excellent defensive coach, and TBH if went Adelman or Shaw I would of wanted a defensive guru like Brown on the staff anyway. If he compiles a good staff ...he should do well. Can he get us back to a title? Who knows PJ was not able to with the current roster ...that needs some tweaks. So i will judge him not on titles, but on getting the most out of the roster, that is all you can ask for.

So not thrilled, but hopeful. Adelman was my top choice out of the "pool" ...to me, Shaw is too green right now ...

With the hiring finished surely some roster tweaks will happen. I agree about Shaw, it's bad timing so he should have come to Cleveland a year ago in hindsight if he wanted a HC gig.

With the front office choosing MB over Adelman the priority is pretty obvious and it's going to be defense. The offensive side is probably still over his head a bit but I think he's going to love working with the size on Lakers roster.

Brown loves big line-ups.

ChrisRichards
05-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Quote:http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6589726

The revolving door for the new era in Los Angeles Lakers franchise is ready to start turning.

On the same day Mike Brown agreed in principle to a four-year, $18.25 million deal to replace Phil Jackson as the next coach of the Lakers, multiple sources told ESPNLosAngeles.com that assistant general manager Ronnie Lester will not be brought back when his contract expires at the end of June.

Lester just completed his 10th season as assistant GM, serving under general manager Mitch Kupchak. The 52-year-old Lester's relationship with the team spans more than 25 years dating back to the 1984-85 season when he signed as a free agent and played the final two seasons of his injury-shortened NBA career with the Lakers, winning a championship in 1985.

It's unclear exactly why he's on the way out; Jim Buss has apparently taken over operation of the franchise in some exclusivity as Phil Jackson moves into retirement. Lakers expert and author Roland Lazenby tweeted Wednesday that Buss is "determined ... to remove Phil's imprimatur and influence."

Apart from Lester, the Lakers have also informed more than a dozen scouts, training staff members and video staff personnel that their contracts will not be renewed when they expire at the end of June as well, as first reported by the Los Angeles Times.

Kupchak remains in place, but how long he is for the job is anybody's guess. This is unprecedented turnover for the NBA's glamor franchise, at least over the past few decades.

The layoffs first appeared to be a cost-cutting measure by the Lakers in light of the potential lockout that could occur July 1 if the NBA owners and players' association cannot finalize a new collective bargaining agreement by then. But, while it initially seemed like there was potential for the employees to be rehired when the possible drawn-out labor unrest is settled, the growing sense is the team is using this offseason to cut ties with the Jackson days and turn the page on the next era of Lakers basketball.

I guess some of my assumptions are correct, Ronnie Lester out, Brian Shaw on his way out anytime soon along with Hamblem. Jim Buss aint fucking around.

Garry Vitti is next :lol

KidCongo
05-25-2011, 07:59 PM
You gonna be happy for him in June, Congo?..

Happy for MB now, I got the draft too focus on in June.

HarlemHeat37
05-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Happy for MB now, I got the draft too focus on in June.

You gonna be happy for HIM in June, though?..

KidCongo
05-25-2011, 08:12 PM
You gonna be happy for HIM in June, though?..

Fuck no, Dirk's going to exorcise some demons anyway.

ALVAREZ6
05-25-2011, 11:31 PM
Jesus, Mike Brown is a fucking retard. He cannot speak, on TV right now. He may have some good basketball principles on which he wants to establish his team like defense and hard work, but he is a damn moron.

Kamala
05-25-2011, 11:35 PM
They should go with Bob Hill.

ChrisRichards
05-26-2011, 10:21 AM
How could you possibly know Jim's direction. So you mean, he's just going to ride out Pau, Kobe and gang just to develop Drew? Come on man! All the bashing for a team that just won it 11 months ago. Give me a break

Well I think my assumption is right. This just came out today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post ... nba-357722 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Lakers-Bynum-untouchable-in-trade-talks?urn=nba-357722)

"The Los Angeles Lakers appear to have a new coach all lined up in Mike Brown. And Jim Buss, the son of Lakers owner Jerry Buss and the man who conducted the coaching search, is saying to folks in the organization that there is a certain player that is untouchable in trade talks, according to Yahoo! Sports' (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1115239&sid=e9fba62df30f38c71e49a95c9f5c74fb#) Adrian Wojnarowski: Andrew Bynum(notes).

Meanwhile, Wojnarowski reports that the team hasn't set a budget for Brown to hire assistant coaches yet"

And Woj is a VERY reliable source for those skeptics.

TheManFromAcme
05-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Well I think my assumption is right. This just came out today.

huh?

The piece talks about Drew not being trade bait thats all, not Jim trying to blow up the team and create a "new" team around him.

Chris, I am beginning to think "you want" that to happen. You want that to happen to the team you know your Heat will never surpass as far as accolades and exposure go. I get it. But don't fabricate or bias information for your personal gratification.

Lakers are fine. Kobe is not going to jeapordize anything or create a soap opera at Laker central regardless of what the press says.

Banzai
05-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Jim Buss has a major hard on for Bynum.