PDA

View Full Version : SA Theme Park Caters To Visitors With Special Needs

Capt Bringdown
05-25-2011, 09:01 AM
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/24/morgans-wonderland-special-needs-theme-park_n_866449.html)

SAN ANTONIO -- The carousel has chariots for wheelchairs. Braille games decorate side panels on the jungle gym. And table-high sandboxes allow just about any kid to build a castle.

Morgan's Wonderland aims to offer everything a special-needs guest might enjoy at a theme park – while appealing to non-disabled visitors too.

ashbeeigh
05-25-2011, 09:04 AM
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/24/morgans-wonderland-special-needs-theme-park_n_866449.html)

SAN ANTONIO -- The carousel has chariots for wheelchairs. Braille games decorate side panels on the jungle gym. And table-high sandboxes allow just about any kid to build a castle.

Morgan's Wonderland aims to offer everything a special-needs guest might enjoy at a theme park – while appealing to non-disabled visitors too.

Welcome to last year. They opened a year ago. It's a pretty snazzy place. They're opening a special needs school and are also trying to bring a soccer league to the area too.

Capt Bringdown
05-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Welcome to last year.
Right, I don't live in SA so I wasn't aware of it until now, so I guess it's an irrelevant story. Thanks for your gate-keeping, keep up the good work.

Drachen
05-25-2011, 11:07 AM
This is a really cool idea, and from what I understand, they have free admission for kids with disabilities and their parents. The soccer league is supposed to be one of the ways to fund the park. Sad thing though is that when my grandmother died, we were moving everything out of her house and my grandfather used to run marathons. He had hundreds of trophies. We tried to donate them to MW and they said that they couldn't accept any trophies because of an agreement with some place to buy any trophies from there. Pretty stupid situation.

Frenzy
05-25-2011, 11:09 AM
Right, I don't live in SA so I wasn't aware of it until now, so I guess it's an irrelevant story. Thanks for your gate-keeping, keep up the good work.

At least your post matches her wardrobe.

ashbeeigh
07-23-2011, 04:47 PM
havent been there yet. is it nice? any map so i know how to get there? i love off topperwine and 35N

http://morganswonderland.com/Morgans-Wonderland-Park-Location-and-Directions.html

But be careful, they might allow the girls to play football.

ashbeeigh
07-23-2011, 05:01 PM
k, but is it dangerous? do i need to bring mase?

It's like 5 minutes away from your house. Do you carry mase on a daily basis?

CuckingFunt
07-23-2011, 05:39 PM
k, but is it dangerous? do i need to bring mase?

I wouldn't bother.

If his fighting skills are anything like his rap skills, I'm not sure Mase would be much help anyway.

ashbeeigh
07-23-2011, 06:02 PM
I wouldn't bother.

If his fighting skills are anything like his rap skills, I'm not sure Mase would be much help anyway.

Eff me. I didn't even catch that. :lmao
His spelling is worse than ATRAIN's inability to recognize the difference between there, their and they're.