PDA

View Full Version : Will we see LBJ guarding Dirk?

ernest787
05-26-2011, 08:23 AM
During stretches of the finals.

If so, will LBJ be effective?

He is strong enough to body Dirk up, and can guard him on the perimeter. Dirk has the height and can shoot over him, but if I was Spo I think I'd try it for 2-3 minute stretches

cheguevara
05-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Doubt this will be effective. Haslem will do a better job.

Fabbs
05-26-2011, 08:50 AM
SJax shut the Floppin Frauline down in the Golden State upset.
LBJ can too.

Shank
05-26-2011, 09:12 AM
SJax shut the Floppin Frauline down in the Golden State upset.
LBJ can too.

You do know quite a bit has happened since 2007, right? We slipped into a recession and Bin Laden was killed. Keep up.

ernest787
05-26-2011, 09:20 AM
I'm not expecting LBJ to shut Dirk down and agree that if anyone thinks that, then you haven't been watching the 2011 playoffs

I think LBJ will be a nice change of pace on dirk though for a few minutes per game

TampaDude
05-26-2011, 09:24 AM
NOBODY is stopping Dirk this year. The Heat need to worry about stopping Jason, JJ, and JET.

ChrisRichards
05-26-2011, 10:17 AM
We'll see Lebron on Dirk in the closing minutes of a close game. Haslem & Bosh will guard Dirk majority of the time with Lebron switching from time to time, but yeah expect Lebron to guard Dirk in the last 2 minutes.

JamStone
05-26-2011, 10:24 AM
I'd agree with that. I don't think it would serve the Heat well to have LeBron be the primary defender on Dirk. Dirk has a very uncanny way of drawing fouls with his fakes, twists, and turns. The Heat have options with Bosh and Haslem and perhaps even Anthony for a possession or two. But late in the fourth quarter, I also expect as others do that LeBron will get a chance at guarding Dirk.

stretch
05-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Yeah, if I were Miami, I wouldn't do this until the end of games maybe.

Venti Quattro
05-26-2011, 10:36 AM
End of game situations

Killakobe81
05-26-2011, 10:55 AM
NOBODY is stopping Dirk this year. The Heat need to worry about stopping Jason, JJ, and JET.

Hate to agree with Tampa, but he is right. JJE and Jet especially. Youcant really stop kidd, because he just plays the game as it comes ...he doesnt attempt to dominate the action or force things, so how can you really "stop" him? He only shoots when wide open, he only drives to set up his team-mates. Trying to stop Kidd is EXACTLY what he wants ...best way to defend Jkidd is to play him honest and when he drives play the passing angles and lanes ...

05-26-2011, 12:09 PM
bosh, haslem, and lebron all have the tools to guard dirk. bosh would probably be the most important as he has the height and speed to guard dirk. it all depends on if bosh plays good defense or not. haslem will get his chance to prove himself as well.

Ghazi
05-26-2011, 12:18 PM
:lmao Gerald Wallace

MavFan6488
05-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Why does this upset you so much? We root for the same team dude and Haslem/Bosh will defend Dirk better than anyone so far, ..
lamarcus aldridge >>> haslem/bosh

mavsfan1000
05-26-2011, 12:39 PM
We root for the same team dude
Yeah I don't get why Mavs fans attack other Mavs fans. I hate Mavs fans that do that. We are the same team. Why criticize someone else due to different way of thinking about matchups. I still think we could've easily lost against the Thunder. They choked.

Ghazi
05-26-2011, 12:45 PM
And this is the best offense Miami has seen by far... Chicago/Philly/Boston were all outside the top 10 in offensive efficiency

Mavs played (and beat) 3 good defensive teams.. LA was top5

and.. :lmao Gerald Wallace

mavsfan1000
05-26-2011, 12:49 PM
And this is the best offense Miami has seen by far... Chicago/Philly/Boston were all outside the top 10 in offensive efficiency

Mavs played (and beat) 3 good defensive teams.. LA was top5

and.. :lmao Gerald Wallace
I disagree with saying OKC is good on defense. They are active but make too many mistakes that hurt them.

Spurologist
05-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Caron Butler will stop Dirk

MavFan6488
05-26-2011, 01:06 PM
if you don't think this will be the toughest defense we've faced by far then you're an idiot, plain and simple
best interior defense maybe, but they suck on closing out on 3 point shooters. all the teams they've faced so far only had 1 or 2 good 3 point shooters and they still allowed almost 40% from three so far in these playoffs. we have at least 4 players who can knock down the open 3 (peja, terry, dirk, kidd). their poor perimeter-d plays into our strengths.

and they don't really have an answer for dirk, no one really has. he's unstoppable. he can only be stopped if the refs allow haslem to play him overly physical. if they don't, miami will double team him early before he gets the ball. ball movement on the perimeter will be the key for us in this series. if we slow down the tempo, move the ball and don't turn it over, i really like our chances.

mavsfan1000
05-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Btw Portland is like the Chicago Bulls/Heat of the West. I think that series will be most similar to the Finals. And we struggled the most against the best defensive team. Luckily, Portland's offense didn't work well against us.

Fpoonsie
05-26-2011, 01:31 PM
Yeah I don't get why Mavs fans attack other Mavs fans. I hate Mavs fans that do that. We are the same team. Why criticize someone else due to different way of thinking about matchups. I still think we could've easily lost against the Thunder. They choked.

You're not a Mavs fan. You're a Bulls fan...and undoubtedly a cock fan.

mavsfan1000
05-26-2011, 01:37 PM
You're not a Mavs fan. You're a Bulls fan...and undoubtedly a cock fan.
I'm a Pussy fan and a Mavs fan.

HeatChamps
05-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Lebron will own Dirk. I'm predicting sweep. I don't even know how these fags made the Finals.

ChrisRichards
05-27-2011, 08:44 AM
Very interesting stat per ESPN

This year, Dirk is 3-13 when being guarded by Joel Anthony.

Wow.