PDA

View Full Version : Good Game

Pistons < Spurs
06-09-2005, 11:02 PM
I'm not real happy with the outcome.....but good game.

Chauncey looked good tonight, but he lost confidence in his teammates shooting % tonight. Tay needs to be more agressive in this series. He can score in the post at almost any time. Sheed also needs to become more active offensivley. 6 attempts for him is not acceptable in this series. Dice suprised me...usually his shot is money...just wasn't fallin for him.

Duncan was solid. Love his class. Always helping the opponent off the floor. Manu fianlly got going. First half was a little dissapointing for him, but he stepped it up when it counted.

18 total blocks in the game...nice

Looking forward to game #2

E20
06-09-2005, 11:05 PM
Really hard fought game. Detroit scared me more than once tonight that's for sure. Detroit is gonna come back in game 2 hopefully the Spurs can be ready.

ducks
06-09-2005, 11:05 PM
thanks for the nice take

stmfuller
06-09-2005, 11:06 PM
If game one is any indication, it will all depend on how consistantly Detroit scores.

But I agree...kickass game...I'm going to really enjoy the series.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-09-2005, 11:06 PM
Yeah, the refs basically handed it to you in the second half. How many calls can one team get?*

*j/k The Spurs outplayed the Pistons in the 2nd half...

Dex
06-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Great game.

I was worried during that first quarter. You're guys came out really impressively, but the Spurs held tough, then turned it up another notch in the fourth quarter.

I know the Pistons are capable of doing that too, and it didn't seem to show tonight. They are probably the only team in the league that can match San Antonio's swagger. Game 2 is going to be a battle.

Pistons < Spurs
06-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Yeah, the refs basically handed it to you in the second half. How many calls can one team get?*

LoL...glad you had that J/K at the bottom.......
:blah

Slo spurs fan
06-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Detroit fans=class!!!

E20
06-09-2005, 11:10 PM
I must say, these Pistons fans are bad ass mofo's compared to some of the other fans I've met.

SouthernFried
06-09-2005, 11:11 PM
That blocking call on Ben Wallace against Manu was prolly a bad call. Still, he shoulda kept his head. He was trying to take charges all night, he got one on Manu on the baseline...but, he kept falling to the ground. Seems he would be more effective staying on his feet than trying to take a charge.

Great game.

Pistons < Spurs
06-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Detroit fans=class!!!

Have no fear......we have some real losers....they like to show up after a Det victory, and talk Chit. :rolleyes

dougp
06-09-2005, 11:13 PM
That first blocking call on Ben Wallace was prolly a bad call. Still, he shoulda kept his head. He was trying to take charges all night, he got one on Manu on the baseline...but, he kept falling to the ground. Seems he would be more effective staying on his feet than trying to take a charge.

Great game.
His right heel wasn't set down in enough time ... I think it was a legit call :elephant

stmfuller
06-09-2005, 11:15 PM
we troll with the best of em...just wait till we win one (which is going to happen). Then all the morons will come out.
But tonight is about great basketball and two teams that are going to make a hellava series.

06-09-2005, 11:15 PM
That first blocking call on Ben Wallace was prolly a bad call. Still, he shoulda kept his head. He was trying to take charges all night, he got one on Manu on the baseline...but, he kept falling to the ground. Seems he would be more effective staying on his feet than trying to take a charge.

Great game.

I think when they called that charge on him when Nazr was 2 feet inside the circle is what got him so pissed. The Manu call put him over the top...

It happens...

jochhejaam
06-09-2005, 11:17 PM

Did Disgruntled lose all of his Bookie cash because of this post?

bdubya
06-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Totally; that game was a blast to watch, from start to finish - that's DEFENSE IN ACTION, folks! I'm way bugged about the outcome, but have no fear about the Stones coming back to take #2. Spurs came out awful rusty, but their extra rest made a big difference down the stretch. Refs weren't bad (I only saw two truly inexcusable calls, but they didn't decide the game, or even shift the momentum all that much). TD was TD, and Manu was huge; can't argue with it.

Game 2, look for Rip to relax and start hitting them, and look for SHEED ON A MISSION!

NeoConIV
06-09-2005, 11:24 PM
Detroit fans=class!!!

Agree. FAR better than any other teams fans this post season....

Props you Pistons fans, and thanks a million for blowing up the Lakers last year. That was so phuqqing awesome.

Slo spurs fan
06-09-2005, 11:33 PM
Have no fear......we have some real losers....they like to show up after a Det victory, and talk Chit. :rolleyes

Yea but you donīt talk trash when your team lost game. And you donīt talk:
1. It was refs
2. Manu is flopper
3. Spurs are lucky
4. Iīm 2nd best :rolleyes

Pistons < Spurs
06-09-2005, 11:59 PM
Man.....the Spurs did get lucky..if it wasn't for the refs, and Manu's continous flopping, we would have won!

:p

06-10-2005, 12:04 AM
It was the refs, didn't you read my earlier post?

Slo spurs fan
06-10-2005, 12:07 AM
It was the refs, didn't you read my earlier post?

Thatīs nothing compared to Nuggets or Sonics so called fans. :lol

06-10-2005, 12:13 AM
Thatīs nothing compared to Nuggets or Sonics so called fans. :lol

**Not about tonight's game**

Seriously, the officiating goes down a notch every single year. They blow easy calls, call phantom fouls, favor players who don't deserve it, etc. It boggles my mind that you don't need your feet set to draw a charge, can carry the ball anytime you want, and take 3-4 steps to get to the rim. What's the point of having that semi-circle under the basket when they still blow the call?

Next year they need to let some of the young guys ref in the playoffs...

Sorry for ranting...

baseline bum
06-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Detroit took the Spurs out of everything they wanted to do offensively until the 4th quarter. My homeboy slayermin and I were saying it was going to be a 69-68 or 65-64 kind of game.

samikeyp
06-10-2005, 12:16 AM
Man...that first quarter....damn. Spurs couldn't dribble the damn ball and Detroit was out runnin....I was not feeling good.

Seriously, the officiating goes down a notch every single year

I would agree with that.

2centsworth
06-10-2005, 12:16 AM
Pistons are the Spurs of the East and Vice Versa. Detroit fans showing some class, way to go guys.

It's just one game and it's going to be tough the rest of the way. I wish the game was tomorrow, too much rest for detroit.

NeoConIV
06-10-2005, 12:17 AM
**Not about tonight's game**

Seriously, the officiating goes down a notch every single year. They blow easy calls, call phantom fouls, favor players who don't deserve it, etc. It boggles my mind that you don't need your feet set to draw a charge, can carry the ball anytime you want, and take 3-4 steps to get to the rim. What's the point of having that semi-circle under the basket when they still blow the call?

Next year they need to let some of the young guys ref in the playoffs...

Sorry for ranting...

Totally understand, but probably ranting on the wrong teams board. We played through all kinds of bad calls whole post season...serious.

06-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Totally understand, but probably ranting on the wrong teams board. We played through all kinds of bad calls whole post season...serious.

I'm talking about the league as a whole...

I've watched all of the Spurs games this postseason. How do they miss Fortson raking his hand thru Manu's grill? I think it was the same game where somebody got tackled near midcourt and there was no call...

Pathetic...

picnroll
06-10-2005, 12:20 AM
14 FTs for Pistons. 15 FTs for Spurs. I thought it was a well reffed game with few fouls called, refs let them play. This is going to be a heckuva series. I love the way these teams play hard but show each other the utmost respect. No cheap shots. No taunting each other. No Kobe finger to the lips.

grjr
06-10-2005, 12:23 AM
I think when they called that charge on him when Nazr was 2 feet inside the circle is what got him so pissed. The Manu call put him over the top...

It happens...

That was a good call on the Nazr play. The circle doesn't mean jack when the offensive player starts his drive that close to the basket. That's what the ref indicated when he made the call too.

NeoConIV
06-10-2005, 12:28 AM
I'm talking about the league as a whole...

I've watched all of the Spurs games this postseason. How do they miss Fortson raking his hand thru Manu's grill? I think it was the same game where somebody got tackled near midcourt and there was no call...

Pathetic...
Yeah, I know. There's a lot of folks who have left the game because of the officiating. I know I would freaking hate to be a ref, that's a tough job man. I actually didn't see your original disclaimer until after I replied...my bad

sanman53
06-10-2005, 12:33 AM
Very good game. This is gonna be a really GREAT series. I think this was basketball at its best! Game 2 is gonna be even better! I am excited about this Finals. Amazing Defense. 4th lowest score in Finals history! Awesome!

06-10-2005, 12:34 AM
That was a good call on the Nazr play. The circle doesn't mean jack when the offensive player starts his drive that close to the basket. That's what the ref indicated when he made the call too.

Before I say anything, this call had nothing to do with the outcome...

Wallace started outside the circle. Not only was Nazr still moving, he was well within the circle. The circle is supposed to be there to promote safe landing of offensive players. It is often referred to as the no charge or restricted zone...

It's either a no call or a block, but by rule should never be a charge. 'Cuz that would totally render the circle irrelavent.

grjr
06-10-2005, 12:47 AM

Wallace started outside the circle. Not only was Nazr still moving, he was well within the circle. The circle is supposed to be there to promote safe landing of offensive players. It is often referred to as the no charge or restricted zone...

It's either a no call or a block, but by rule should never be a charge. 'Cuz that would totally render the circle irrelavent.

Do I stutter?

EXCEPTION: Any player may be legally positioned within the "restricted area" if the offensive player receives the ball within the Lower Defensive Box.

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_c.html?nav=ArticleList

Slo spurs fan
06-10-2005, 12:51 AM

Agreed!

06-10-2005, 01:04 AM
Do I stutter?

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_c.html?nav=ArticleList

Where does it say its a charge?

From your link:

An offensive foul should never be called if the contact is with a secondary defensive player who has established a defensive position within a designated "restricted area" near the basket for the purpose of drawing an offensive foul.

grjr
06-10-2005, 01:31 AM
Where does it say its a charge?

From your link:

An offensive foul should never be called if the contact is with a secondary defensive player who has established a defensive position within a designated "restricted area" near the basket for the purpose of drawing an offensive foul.

That's what the "exception" means. The defensive player can be legally postioned inside the circle if the offensive player receives the ball down on the block. Therefore, if the defensive player is legally positioned and the offensive player plows into him then it's a charge.

If they didn't have this exception then Shaq could get away with bowling more people over than he already does. There would be nothing to stop him.

If you have the game taped watch the replay of that call. You can see the ref waving off the circle line because it didn't count in that circumstance. Ben should know that rule but it wouldn't be a big surprise if he didn't.

mavsfan1000
06-10-2005, 01:35 AM
The refs were really helping San Antonio even though San Antonio would've won anyway. I'm getting tired of always having refs be a big part of a game with their errors.

06-10-2005, 01:36 AM
That's what the "exception" means. The defensive player can be legally postioned inside the circle if the offensive player receives the ball down on the block. Therefore, if the defensive player is legally positioned and the offensive player plows into him then it's a charge.

If they didn't have this exception then Shaq could get away with bowling more people over than he already does. There would be nothing to stop him.

If you have the game taped watch the replay of that call. You can see the ref waving off the circle line because it didn't count in that circumstance. Ben should know that rule but it wouldn't be a big surprise if he didn't.

But Ben chased down the rebound outside the paint, isn't that considered outside the box?

If that's the case with Shaq, they didn't call it once in the ECF...

mavsfan1000
06-10-2005, 02:11 AM
Someone telling me STFU for viewing what looked like was happening in the 4th quarter about the refs. You are right that San Antonio was fresher but shit man why get so pissed about that.

grjr
06-10-2005, 09:56 AM
But Ben chased down the rebound outside the paint, isn't that considered outside the box?

If that's the case with Shaq, they didn't call it once in the ECF...

The lower defensive box doesn't mean inside the paint. To be honest I'm not sure how far it extends BUT I think it's anywhere below the free throw line that's within 15 feet of the basket. So if the player received the ball on the baseline say 3 or 4 feet inside the 3 point line then that would be outside the box. Anything inside of that point would be inside the box.

I'm sure the ref knows the rule much better than I do and that's clearly the reason he ruled like he did.

06-10-2005, 10:32 AM
The lower defensive box doesn't mean inside the paint. To be honest I'm not sure how far it extends BUT I think it's anywhere below the free throw line that's within 15 feet of the basket. So if the player received the ball on the baseline say 3 or 4 feet inside the 3 point line then that would be outside the box. Anything inside of that point would be inside the box.

I'm sure the ref knows the rule much better than I do and that's clearly the reason he ruled like he did.

Are you sure that I am the one reading this wrong? Say Manu starts his drive right below the free throw line(or whereever the outermost part of the LDB is) and Big Ben is camped out underneath the basket, a foot inside the restricted zone. That's a charge? Wouldn't that promote lazy defense?

If right, what you are really saying is that the "restricted zone" is pretty meaningless and the semi-circle is indeed irrelavent. Thanks for breaking out the rule, I had never seen that call made before. Ever.

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-10-2005, 10:39 AM
I was a troll against Miami on their forums but they had it coming to them. You should've seen all the shiznit they talked, they thought the Pistons were gonna just hand Shaq and Wade their trip to the finals.

I have no hatred for San Antonio. I know they are a great team, i look forward to following them next year #2 behind Detroit of course. Ginobli is the man, i have officially just turned gay for him.

grjr
06-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Are you sure that I am the one reading this wrong? Say Manu starts his drive right below the free throw line(or whereever the outermost part of the LDB is) and Big Ben is camped out underneath the basket, a foot inside the restricted zone. That's a charge? Wouldn't that promote lazy defense?

If right, what you are really saying is that the "restricted zone" is pretty meaningless and the semi-circle is indeed irrelavent. Thanks for breaking out the rule, I had never seen that call made before. Ever.

First off, a guard won't be starting a drive inside the free throw line most of the time. There's just not that much room in there. If a player DOES receive the ball that close and the defensive player is inside the circle the offensive player can jump up for a layup or dunk and land on the def person and no call will be made.

The problem comes when the offensive person dislodges the def person with a shoulder or whatever in order to gain an advantage before attempting the shot. That's exactly what Ben did on that play and that's why it was called.

stmfuller
06-10-2005, 10:49 AM
Ginobli is the man, i have officially just turned gay for him.
That's h0t.
I'm sure millions of people would pay for that video tape.