PDA

View Full Version : How Narcissistic Are You? `

ashbeeigh
05-26-2011, 09:22 AM
No, really...

I'm a sucker for tests (and scientific tests at that). I know we all know Dr. Drew has it out for celebs and their shit. With Celeb Rehab and his show on Headline News. oh and literally being on call whenever there is a Lindsay Lohan or Britney Spears crisis he literally has no time to sleep.

In 2006 he published this snazzy study (I can't remember what journal but I know it's there...one of those you have to pay to find it unless your school had it) about the levels of narcissism in celebrities. He developed a test called the Narcissistic Personality Inventory and administered it during Loveline. Of course publishing the test was a plug for his book, but nonetheless...

After reading the article I wanted to take the test...now you can

http://www.0eb.com/

What was your score?

I scored very low (and was very honest)....a 13.

mrsmaalox
05-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Geez, I knew mine would be low, but I totally surprised myself......I scored 4 lol

CuckingFunt
05-26-2011, 09:52 AM
I scored an 8; medium in superiority and exploitativeness, but low in all other categories.

Some of the answer choices were horrible, though. There's a lot of grey area between "I wish somebody would someday write my biography" and "I don't like people to pry into my life for any reason," for example.

ashbeeigh
05-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Some of the answer choices were horrible, though. There's a lot of grey area between "I wish somebody would someday write my biography" and "I don't like people to pry into my life for any reason," for example.

That's what I love about those types of tests. There can't be a grey area and you can't qualify it with anything.

If I remember correctly (it was a few hours ago) the only one I scored medium on was vanity.

DMC
05-26-2011, 10:07 AM
lol starting a thread bragging about how non-narcissistic you are = fail

desflood
05-26-2011, 10:46 AM

symple19
05-26-2011, 10:54 AM

ALVAREZ6
05-26-2011, 10:56 AM
I scored an 8; medium in superiority and exploitativeness, but low in all other categories.

Exactly why I stopped after answering like 6 questions...they are fucking horrible, I felt as though not a single answer was even close to accurate for how I truly am. I know that that's the point on a lot of these tests, to make you make a choice, but overall I see little point in taking the test because you often have to make a great leap in the questions and therefore the result for any given person can range very widely.

I. Hustle
05-26-2011, 11:06 AM
19 with a high in exploitiveness or whatever he called it and high on another one but I forgot what it was. I think it was the first one.

The Gemini Method
05-26-2011, 11:11 AM
The irony of Dr. Drew...the dude is such a diva and an egomaniac that he destroyed Loveline when he ousted Poorman...

Anyhoo...

I got 23...I basically just pressed things.

Dex
05-26-2011, 11:38 AM

Low Authority and Exhibitionism, Medium everything else.

Lebowski Brickowski
05-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Simply taking the test should score one as somewhat narcissistic at least. That said, here goes!

SpursWoman
05-26-2011, 11:57 AM

Your score for Authority is HIGH

Your score for Self-sufficiency is HIGH

Your score for Superiority is LOW

Your score for Exhibitionism is LOW

Your score for Exploitativeness is HIGH

Your score for Vanity is LOW

Your score for Entitlement is LOW

FromWayDowntown
05-26-2011, 11:58 AM
It's all about me. And when it's not, it should be.

Agloco
05-26-2011, 12:17 PM

Your score for Authority is LOW
Your score for Self-sufficiency is MEDIUM
Your score for Exploitativeness is MEDIUM

Viva Las Espuelas
05-26-2011, 12:17 PM

Add a few points to your score.

SpursWoman
05-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Add a few points to your score.

Why?

Sisk
05-26-2011, 12:48 PM

benefactor
05-26-2011, 01:23 PM

Your score for Self-sufficiency is LOW

Your score for Vanity is HIGH

Nathan Explosion
05-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Scored a 14.

Your score for Authority is MEDIUM

Your score for Vanity is MEDIUM

Low on self self-sufficiency? I've worked in departments by myself for most of my years at work. I live on my own and am raising a 2 and 4 year old on my own.

Some choices are stupid like, "I like to be a leader or I like to follow."

There's a grey area. If someone wants to take the reins, I'd give them their chance and let them show what they can do. If a leader needs to step up, I'll do it no problem. I can follow or lead depending on what the situation calls for. Or the center of attention part. I don't always want to be the center of attention but I'm not uncomfortable with people watching me.

Finally, I can talk myself out of anything AND take responsibility for my actions. :)

AmericanPsycho
05-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Your score is 19
Your score for Superiority is MEDIUM

Technique
05-26-2011, 04:31 PM

Your score for Exhibitionism is MEDIUM

Your score for Vanity is HIGH

Your score for Entitlement is MEDIUM

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-26-2011, 04:38 PM

Lows across the board.

greyforest
05-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Your score is

Your score for Exploitativeness is LOW

Narcissism and self-entitlement is celebrated enthusiastically in the USA, whereas in countries like China or Sweden the opposite is true. I think it's correlated with capitalism.

xellos88330
05-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Your score is 25.

Maximum is 40. Average for Americans is 15. Highest tested celebrity is Robin Quivers, with 34.

Your score for Superiority is HIGH

Damn you ash, now I am going to have to buy the book to see what this dude believes my score indicates.

CubanSucks
05-26-2011, 06:31 PM

Only thing I'm high on is superiority. Which makes sense considering I'm superior to most

CubanSucks
05-26-2011, 06:32 PM
I scored 4 lol

I scored an 8

lol bitches

Sense
05-26-2011, 07:10 PM
lol starting a thread bragging about how non-narcissistic you are = fail

200 miles
05-26-2011, 07:37 PM
I feel somewhat ashamed for posting this but...

I scored a 1 with lows all across. I didn't think my inferiority complex was this severe.

Strike
05-26-2011, 08:23 PM
8 with all lows.

DarkReign
05-26-2011, 08:51 PM
My score: 18

Whatever.

jman3000
05-26-2011, 09:50 PM

Kind of odd because the persona that people I know perceive of me is quite different from what I actually am. I was having trouble differentiating between the two at some points.

You could ask some people on here and they might say I'm pretty outgoing... but I view myself as pretty reserved.

ohmwrecker
05-26-2011, 10:07 PM

Stringer_Bell
05-26-2011, 11:13 PM

Grey area? I haven't checked into the "science" behind this other than taking it myself, but it's fairly straightforward on that particular question...you either want the details of your life out there or you keep it private - black/white. The choices themselves, based on what the test seems to measure, are meant to distinguish what you gravitate toward when you don't see clear connections between choices. Sometimes the choices aren't competing, and it's just a matter of comfortability.

I got an 8, but I played humble on a few so I'm prolly around 10ish. All of my other stats were LOW, wonder what that means :(

SpursNextRomanEmpire
05-26-2011, 11:57 PM
I was having trouble differentiating between the two at some points.

I got an 8 and yeah I agree with you

TE
05-27-2011, 12:07 AM

Your score for Exploitativeness is LOW

CuckingFunt
05-27-2011, 12:16 AM
Grey area? I haven't checked into the "science" behind this other than taking it myself, but it's fairly straightforward on that particular question...you either want the details of your life out there or you keep it private - black/white. The choices themselves, based on what the test seems to measure, are meant to distinguish what you gravitate toward when you don't see clear connections between choices. Sometimes the choices aren't competing, and it's just a matter of comfortability.

The options in that specific question are much more extreme than open vs. private, however. "I wish somebody would someday write my biography" goes further than merely being open, and instead suggests both a desire to tell people your life story and an assumption that you are an interesting enough person to merit your story being told. Whereas "I don't like people to pry into my life for any reason" implies a hostile reaction to any level of curiosity and perhaps even a self-deprecating assumption that your life is too boring/unimportant to sustain one's interest.

I answered with the former, because it would certainly be disingenuous to suggest that I don't like people prying into the details of my life; I'm pretty much an open book and tend to answer almost any question asked of me. However, I'm certainly in no hurry to have my biography published, even metaphorically. As open as I am in conversation, I tend not to shove my life in others' faces and assume that a lack of questions indicates a lack of interest -- those who don't ask about my life generally don't know much about it, but it's not because of any specific desire for privacy. I would imagine that to be the case for many people.

All that being said, I think my results were fairly accurate.

ohmwrecker
05-27-2011, 12:15 PM
DPG, get in here and take this test, dawg!