PDA

View Full Version : Who will you be rooting for?

jag
05-26-2011, 11:38 AM
I still don't know who i'm going to root for.

During the season i rooted for the Mavs to face rape the Heat. But this is a whole different ball game.

I don't really want to root for anyone but it's tough for me to sit and watch the games and not want someone to get bukkaked.

Decisions, decisions...

picc84
05-26-2011, 11:40 AM
Someone will lose.

Take solace in that, I know I will.

ElNono
05-26-2011, 11:40 AM
Neither, tbh... this is one of those series where if you're not a fan of either team, you can just sit back and enjoy the carnage... it's gonna be either Lebron or Dirk choking his chance to a ring... entertainment is assured.

The Gemini Method
05-26-2011, 11:43 AM
I still don't know who i'm going to root for.

During the season i rooted for the Mavs to face rape the Heat. But this is a whole different ball game.

I don't really want to root for anyone but it's tough for me to sit and watch the games and not want someone to get bukkaked.

Decisions, decisions...

I guess, it is a difficult choice for fans of the Spurs. I mean, it would be like the Clippers making it to the finasl (hold your laughter)...I wouldn't want to see them win one and trump the Lakers for that year, but I would feel sorry that the franchise that has been so moribound would ultimately lose on the grandest of stages. However, I hope that happens after Sterling stops ownership of the Clippers.

With that being said, I'd hate to hear/see/read about the obnoxious levels of praise the media would give the Heat if they do win. Blechhh...I hope there is a football season this year...

jag
05-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Neither, tbh... this is one of those series where if you're not a fan of either team, you can just sit back and enjoy the carnage... it's gonna be either Lebron or Dirk choking his chance to a ring... entertainment is assured.

Here's my thinking:

The Heat are going to get rings regardless. Sonner or later it's going to happen. I can't stand the guy, but Bron is going to have 1 or multiple rings when it's all said and done. I don't see why it makes a difference if it's this season or next or the next...etc.

Dallas isn't destined to win rings the way Bron and Wade are. If it weren't for Dirk this would be an easy pick and I'd side with Miami. But even though i like Dirk, I still feel like the Mavs are destined to be ringless. Kind of like the Suns. Like it's just meant to be. I don't want the balance of the universe to be upset.

jag
05-26-2011, 11:50 AM
I guess, it is a difficult choice for fans of the Spurs. I mean, it would be like the Clippers making it to the finasl (hold your laughter)...I wouldn't want to see them win one and trump the Lakers for that year, but I would feel sorry that the franchise that has been so moribound would ultimately lose on the grandest of stages. However, I hope that happens after Sterling stops ownership of the Clippers.

With that being said, I'd hate to hear/see/read about the obnoxious levels of praise the media would give the Heat if they do win. Blechhh...I hope there is a football season this year...

That's one of the main reasons I don't want the Heat to win. I wouldn't mind the media hyping Dirk if the Mavs won. I feel like he deserves it. But the Heat hype themselves enough already.

Venti Quattro
05-26-2011, 11:56 AM
If the Heat won, okay, they've served their purpose. There isn't much spark in their ring. Not saying that they don't deserve it, because entitlement has no room in the NBA.

Dallas' championship would be more special and would have more extra DVD material.

TheManFromAcme
05-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Here's my thinking:

The Heat are going to get rings regardless. Sonner or later it's going to happen. I can't stand the guy, but Bron is going to have 1 or multiple rings when it's all said and done. I don't see why it makes a difference if it's this season or next or the next...etc.

Dallas isn't destined to win rings the way Bron and Wade are. If it weren't for Dirk this would be an easy pick and I'd side with Miami. But even though i like Dirk, I still feel like the Mavs are destined to be ringless. Kind of like the Suns. Like it's just meant to be. I don't want the balance of the universe to be upset.

I disagree. Bron will ring. maybe twice but that's all. the heat core is not OKC young so eeeaaaazy with the "rings" (plural) thing.

The Gemini Method
05-26-2011, 12:01 PM
That's one of the main reasons I don't want the Heat to win. I wouldn't mind the media hyping Dirk if the Mavs won. I feel like he deserves it. But the Heat hype themselves enough already.

Yeah, I can't feel any animosity towards Dirk--he's been a quiet megastar in the L for a long time. The guy seems like a fun dude and can ball the hell out of the game. On the other hand, I can't say the same about anyone on the Heat with the exception of Wade. However, I think Dirk is much more humble. The one thing is: At least I don't have to stress over the Lakers possibly losing in the Finals since they got eviscerated in the 2nd round!

I'm going to miss, though, burning trash cans and getting a fresh new pair of kicks for non gratis...

Venti Quattro
05-26-2011, 12:03 PM
I disagree. Bron will ring. maybe twice but that's all. the heat core is not OKC young so eeeaaaazy with the "rings" (plural) thing.

Durant is a pussy

jjktkk
05-26-2011, 12:04 PM
I got alot of respect for Dirk, great player, good guy, but I gotta pull for the Heat, just to see some of the Mav fans on here jump off the cliff.

boutons_deux
05-26-2011, 12:06 PM
I'm rooting for Dirk and Jason, and why not Rick, too. When I've heard Rick interviewed, he always spoke articulate sense.

Collateral damage of Mavs win would be success for the melodramatic porker with bangs.

aka, $67M vs $91M

TheManFromAcme
Durant is a pussy

agreed

i am only referencing OKC and their youth and for Heat fan not to think they have a 3-5 year window to ring multiply cause that will be a pipe dream

The Gemini Method
Durant is a pussy

Doesn't mean he won't win a ring... (see: Gasol, Pau)

VBM
The Mavs are rivals...the Lebrons are not. It's gotta be Miami.

Venti Quattro
05-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Doesn't mean he won't win a ring... (see: Gasol, Pau)

It all depends if he's going to get shipped to a top-tier guy who is an asshole

Ghazi
05-26-2011, 12:09 PM
I got alot of respect for Dirk, great player, good guy, but I gotta pull for the Heat, just to see some of the Mav fans on here jump off the cliff.

If your people can survive 8 and the Skunker we can survive a loss in the Finals..

The Gemini Method
05-26-2011, 12:13 PM
lol @ Jason Terry and his Larry O'Brien tattoo...

He is probably the only Mav player I wouldn't care to see ring.

jag
05-26-2011, 12:14 PM

You know "twice" is plural right?

Venti Quattro
05-26-2011, 12:15 PM

Can't LeBron win two rings?

TheManFromAcme
05-26-2011, 12:16 PM

:wow i stand corrected. your right

but i am sure you got my point

dirk4mvp
05-26-2011, 12:16 PM
lol @ Jason Terry and his Larry O'Brien tattoo...

He is probably the only Mav player I wouldn't care to see ring.

sorry but comments like this are off limits to fans who root for a team with Matt "I'm a faggot and let JET push my shit in" Barnes on the roster.

jag
05-26-2011, 12:18 PM
:wow i stand corrected. your right

but i am sure you got my point

Yeah i get you. I think they'll probably end up with a couple

The Gemini Method
05-26-2011, 12:18 PM
sorry but comments like this are off limits to fans who root for a team with Matt "I'm a faggot and let JET push my shit in" Barnes on the roster.

I'm not a Barnes fan, so I do not recognize your remark.

dirk4mvp
05-26-2011, 12:19 PM
He's on your team, he's yours.

Dex
05-26-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm gonna root against both teams and see how that works out.

The Gemini Method
05-26-2011, 12:21 PM
And I'll chastize him for being a prick...that tattoo is just funny...and it'll look even funnier if your team manages to fall in the finals.

The Gemini Method
05-26-2011, 12:24 PM

This has got to be the first time both teams stadiums have the same sponsor.

Dallas plays in the American Airlines Center and the Heat play in the American Airlines Arena...

Bill_Brasky
05-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Fuck the mavs. :)

Mugen
05-26-2011, 12:39 PM
if JET broke his leg the night before the series started, it would make my decision a lot easier.

I actually like the Miami Big 3 but I'll pull for the German because he deserves it more.

The Gemini Method
05-26-2011, 12:44 PM
if JET broke his leg the night before the series started, it would make my decision a lot easier.

I actually like the Miami Big 3 but I'll pull for the German because he deserves it more.

That last statement sounds like it could've been made around, oh, circa 1938...

05-26-2011, 12:58 PM
saw the espn article on terry's trophy tattoo. it's time to officially root against the mavs.

picc84
05-26-2011, 01:03 PM
saw the espn article on terry's trophy tattoo. it's time to officially root against the mavs.

Yeah that might have done it for me.

Budkin
05-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Dirk.

TinTin
05-26-2011, 01:38 PM
Definitely the Heat but something about Bosh ringing makes my blood boil

On the other hand, Dirk deserves a ring and the Heat's window of oppurtunity is much bigger than Mavs

Fpoonsie
05-26-2011, 01:46 PM

'Cause you didn't hate Terry before?

Is it any worse than LeBron guaranteeing 30 'chips right after the trade?

Fpoonsie
05-26-2011, 01:50 PM
And I don't know why people keep saying they're going for Dirk 'cause he "deserves a ring." All that does is discredit what he's done thus far in the playoffs, which is deliver one of the the most legendary strings of performances in the playoffs that anyone's ever seen.

If you wanna root for Dirk, do it 'cause he's taking it to his opponents like a gas chamber in Auschwitz, not because he's "earned it over the years" or some shit.

Trainwreck2100
05-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Its choosing between mav fan douchiness and lebrons hubris. I want lebron to crash and burn

z0sa
05-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Wade's one of my favorite players. Main reason I'll be rooting for the Heat

crc21209
05-26-2011, 02:14 PM

Not a difficult choice here. Sure Dirk is a great player and a good guy and all, but that's about it on that Dallas team. I can't root for Dallas period, or guys like Cuban, Terry, Stevenson, Marion, Butler, Chandler, and Haywood. And D-Wade is one of my favorite players also, so I'm pulling for the Heat here. Fuck the Mavs!

SourCandy
05-26-2011, 02:41 PM

:lol

I will be rooting for dirk and no one else on that team if that makes sense. Guy has given all he can give to that team. But loyalty does not guarantee rings. Like nono said either way it will be fun to watch.

Muser
05-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Dallas, just because I want to see the meltdown a lot of Spurs fans would have.

Josepatches_
05-26-2011, 02:49 PM
It's easy.I hate the Mavs and the Lakers....so Let's go heat.

Plus LeBron is one of my favourite players

Josepatches_
05-26-2011, 02:51 PM
. Sure Dirk is a great player and a good guy and all, but that's about it on that Dallas team. I can't root for Dallas period, or guys like Cuban, Terry, Stevenson, Marion, Butler, Chandler, and Haywood. And D-Wade is one of my favorite players also, so I'm pulling for the Heat here. Fuck the Mavs!

This
Not a difficult choice for a Spurs fan

windboy226
05-26-2011, 03:02 PM
This has got to be the first time both teams stadiums have the same sponsor.

Dallas plays in the American Airlines Center and the Heat play in the American Airlines Arena...

Uh, you do realize they've already played once in 2006?

05-26-2011, 04:08 PM
'Cause you didn't hate Terry before?

Is it any worse than LeBron guaranteeing 30 'chips right after the trade?
It's not because I hate Terry, it's because it would be hilarious when Terry loses. On the other hand, it would be equally funny to see the lebron haters cry when lebron wins a ring.

z0sa
05-26-2011, 04:10 PM
On the other hand, it would be equally funny to see the lebron haters cry when lebron wins a ring.

Yeah, I'm seriously going to enjoy that, should it happen, especially from maverick fan fucks who had LeBron in maverick jerseys plastered all over their sigs/avatars before the Decision

Rummpd
05-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Mavs 100% - they have fought through the pain of years of dissapointment to get there again and after rolling through Portland, Lakers and Thunder would be deserving champions. Heat will win a title or 2-4 before they are done and will probably add even more talent next year, but pulling for the Mavs.

badfish22
05-26-2011, 04:18 PM
This is how I would look at it.
Its Lebron v. Dirk. Dirk is the one who decided to resign with his team last offseason and try to finish what he started. Lebron left like a bitch. Its really a battle of good vs. evil if you think about it tbh. What wins, loyalty or ring chasing?

John Basedow
05-26-2011, 04:19 PM
Rooting for the Mavs, betting on the Heat.

dunkman
05-26-2011, 04:54 PM
For Nowinsky . . .

picc84
05-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Yeah, i'm pretty much settled on Mavs now. The story about Terry's tattoo turned it around for a while but then I thought about not 1 but 2...3...4...5 again and fuck that.

Plus there's always a chance Terry gets Bynum'd by Joel Anthony in game 1 and ends his season. :toast

dirk4mvp
05-26-2011, 05:46 PM
Matt Barnes plays on your team :lol

picc84
05-26-2011, 05:48 PM
Matt Barnes isn't playing a goddamn thing right now.

Tp9gospursgo
05-26-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm rooting for the Mavs. I want Bron to cry.

i MAke GOod POlls
05-26-2011, 05:57 PM
definitely the Mavs. For those calling Terry classless, what do you call LeBron? Mr. "It's gonna be too easy, we don't even need to play the games. We're gonna win 8 championships"

The Mavs as a whole seem like a much more likeable group. Even though Terry is arrogant, pretty much every championship team has somebody that will rub you the wrong way. That's what makes these teams so good is their edginess/confidence

Although I can totally understand spur fans not rooting for Dallas due to the rivalry

mavsfan1000
05-26-2011, 06:21 PM
I'll definitely root for the Mavs.

TampaDude
05-26-2011, 06:31 PM
I'm probably one of the few people on here who likes both Dirk and LeBron. That said, this may be Dirk's best, and possibly only, remaining chance to win a title, so I'd like to see him get it. I also want LeBron to win a title, but I know the Heat are almost guaranteed to ring a couple of times over the next several years...they're only going to get better.

Therefore, I will be rooting for the Mavs.

BanditHiro
05-26-2011, 06:48 PM
It's easy.I hate the Mavs and the Lakers....so Let's go heat.

Plus LeBron is one of my favourite players

This...if the Heat win, it would be demoralizing to both fanbases, the mavs well because their team just lost and the Lakers (kobe fans) it will mark the end of the Kobe era as he will be exposed by the media when they start doing the LeBron vs Kobe comparisons.

Giuseppe
05-26-2011, 06:51 PM
4 times, Heat. For Pappy.

crc21209
05-26-2011, 07:25 PM
This is how I would look at it.
Its Lebron v. Dirk. Dirk is the one who decided to resign with his team last offseason and try to finish what he started. Lebron left like a bitch. Its really a battle of good vs. evil if you think about it tbh. What wins, loyalty or ring chasing?

Different situations tbh. Dirk had a nice solid core with Kidd, Marion, Butler, Terry, etc. While LeBron had idiots like Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison, etc. All LeBron did by leaving Cleveland for Miami was basically admitting to the public that he desperately wants to win and he couldn't get it done in Cleveland, and that he needs help, so he left for Miami. Nothing wrong with that....

ohmwrecker
05-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Aside from the Lakers getting a shot at the 3peat, a Mavs/Heat finals is a worse case scenario for me. It essentially boils down to Dirk, or LeBron . . .

I just can't stand to see that entitled, obnoxious prima donna jerkoff win anything, so I guess . . .

Go Mavs?

Axe Murderer
05-26-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm probably one of the few people on here who likes both Dirk and LeBron.

Same here

For some reason I actually like LeBron more and more everytime I see him play. Maybe it's because I'm a sick bastard and the way he singlehandedly turned the Cavs into a shithole, without any remorse, is amusing to me. Who knows?

But yeah if Dallas wasn't in it I'd probably be rooting for the Heat against almost anybody

dbestpro
05-26-2011, 10:31 PM
...........the end.

DPG21920
05-26-2011, 10:34 PM
FTM at all cost.

Frenzy
05-26-2011, 11:15 PM
Aside from the Lakers getting a shot at the 3peat, a Mavs/Heat finals is a worse case scenario for me. It essentially boils down to Dirk, or LeBron . . .

I just can't stand to see that entitled, obnoxious prima donna jerkoff win anything, so I guess . . .

Go Mavs?

so you will be fine with mark Cuban and Jason terry having a smug "I win" look huh....

ohmwrecker
05-27-2011, 09:44 AM
so you will be fine with mark Cuban and Jason terry having a smug "I win" look huh....

No. I won't. It's just a bad deal all the way around. There are individual players I like on both teams, but, on the whole, I don't care for either franchise in general. I respect Dirk above everyone involved though.

picc84
05-27-2011, 09:53 AM

No one's happy about this.

Basketballgirl25
05-27-2011, 09:56 AM
I only like two players and those players are Dirk and Wade, the rest on both teams I hate. So I figure I'm just going to root for Dirk and Wade and hope those two play good and whatever team wins at least I see one good guy win. Now I do hate both Bosh and JET so if those two players got hurt it would make me happy

Chieflion
05-27-2011, 09:58 AM
These 2 teams absolutely deserved to be in the finals. Overcame hurdles everyone thought they couldn't overcome and proved all the doubters wrong. Not gonna root for anyone and just want to watch some great basketball between these 2 excellent teams. Hopefully, it goes to 7.

TampaDude
05-27-2011, 10:04 AM
These 2 teams absolutely deserved to be in the finals. Overcame hurdles everyone thought they couldn't overcome and proved all the doubters wrong. Not gonna root for anyone and just want to watch some great basketball between these 2 excellent teams. Hopefully, it goes to 7.

Yes...it will be an epic series...6 or 7 games...I can't wait! :hat