PDA

View Full Version : TX faux Macho Men wimp out when Feds Mess With TX

boutons_deux
05-26-2011, 01:07 PM
Go Ahead and Mess With Texas; It's Run by Pussies

As a couple of commenters noted yesterday, the chief Senate sponsor of the Texas bill targeting TSA groping of airline passengers has withdrawn the measure, saying support quickly dwindled after the feds threatened to create a no-fly zone over the Lone Star State. Sen. Dan Patrick (R-Houston) blamed Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, who presides over the state Senate, for stirring up opposition to the bill, which the state House approved a few weeks ago, by citing the federal threat to shut down Texas airports. Patrick said the 30 or so votes he had when he introduced the bill had shrunk to about a dozen by yesterday afternoon. "There was a time in this state, there was a time in our history," he mournfully told The Texas Tribune, "where we stood up to the federal government and we did not cower to rules and policies that invaded the privacy of Texans."

http://reason.com/blog/2011/05/26/go-ahead-and-mess-with-texas-i

Our bullshit shenanigans might have consequences?

Now, go ahead and secede from the Union, all y'all bubba panderers. Let's see those consequences.

ChumpDumper
05-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Funny that you didn't use the article title as the thread title when it was actually more inflammatory than your choice.

TeyshaBlue
05-26-2011, 01:27 PM
I guess there are 49 superheroes running the rest of the states.

boutons_deux
05-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Pussy is a nasty no-no word

ManuBalboa
05-27-2011, 09:03 AM
The real men of Texas are not politicians. Come see what happens when you really mess with Texas.

boutons_deux
05-27-2011, 12:14 PM
The real mean of TX elected, Over and Over and Over, those chickenshit faux-macho red-state Repug TX politicians and voted overwhelmingly for senile, unstable McLiar and the irredeemably venal and ignorant pitbull bitch.

ChumpDumper
05-27-2011, 01:04 PM
The real men of Texas are not politicians. Come see what happens when you really mess with Texas.Have you flown lately, "real man"?

TeyshaBlue
05-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Have you flown lately, "real man"?

I'm flying to Connecticut next Friday. I'm a gonna take a lasso with me in case them agents start gettin frisky!

ChumpDumper
05-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Seriously, what does that guy mean by "really mess with Texas"?

Littering?

Texting while driving?

Using a tanning booth?

Taking steroids in high school?

Banning smoking in bingo parlors?

This is what the real men of the Texas legislature are protecting you from.