PDA

View Full Version : What was wrong with Dallas last year?

InRareForm
05-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Mainly the same core besides Chandler, what was their downfall mainly last year?

George Hill playing the series of his life? :lmao:flag:

Ghazi
05-26-2011, 03:04 PM
backcourt blew... and Chandler is a big difference

cheguevara
05-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Manu Ginobili was healthy until Dirk broke his nose, but then it was too little too late

jjktkk
Chandler.

TE
San Antonio is Dallas's kryptonite. The same can be said the other way around. Both teams are very familiar with each other which leads to a competitive series (when everyone is healthy).

SourCandy
05-26-2011, 03:07 PM
sometimes it's not one team not doing well,just one team(or player as you say playing the game of his life) doing a whole lot better. Such as george. Hell remember dragic? Lakers will remember JJ :lol

cheguevara
05-26-2011, 03:08 PM
and the Spurs will remember Grievis Vazquez

InRareForm
05-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Terry shot horrible that series. 26/69 fg

as did Kidd 14/46 fg

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DAL/2010.html

TE
05-26-2011, 03:10 PM
and the Spurs will remember Grievis Vazquez

Fuck that scrub faggot.

Findog
05-26-2011, 03:11 PM
- Dampier playing heavy minutes instead of Chandler
- Terry, Marion, Kidd and Barea all sucked ass, whereas this year they showed up

mavsfan1000
05-26-2011, 03:13 PM
Butler at the 2 guard was a complete failure. Kidd got sick as well. Terry and Barea were awful against the Spurs backcourt. Dampier was useless.

stretch
05-26-2011, 03:51 PM
team needed to gel better with Butler and Haywood. Marion still hadn't fully figured his role out as well.

Marion understanding and adjusting to his role this year has been very underrated in the Mavs increased success this season.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-26-2011, 04:29 PM
A healthy Spur team is a rare thing but gets the job done. When we're banged up it just trickles throughout the team like it did so badly this year. I'd have loved an I35 WCF. Oh, well. It'll be an '06 finals rematch in every sense. Let's see what jackassery Cuban does.

ElNono
05-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Matchups, matchups, matchups

Viva Las Espuelas
05-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Oh, and the Spurs haven't gotten better since then.
But, they did age a year like every other team seems to not do year after year after year.........

Ghazi
05-26-2011, 04:35 PM
:lmao West > Dirk
:lmao Odom > Dirk
:lmao Manu > Dirk

endrity
05-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Butler at the 2 guard was a complete failure. Kidd got sick as well. Terry and Barea were awful against the Spurs backcourt. Dampier was useless.

This.

Can't believe he said something right finally. Yes, the familiarity of the teams with each other produced a tight series, with the Mavs losing mostly because they were still unsure of what each man's position was.

And the key issue with our alignement was Butler at the 2. There simply wasn't enough speed or outside shooting from him at that position.

ElNono
05-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Manu > Dirk

Finally coming to your senses...

elbamba
05-26-2011, 04:56 PM
Chandler makes a huge difference as the Spurs destroyed Heywood and Dampier. I think Duncan would have eaten Chandler's lunch, but Chandler gives this team a defensive presence down low that the centers could not last year.

Tony was able to have his way with Kidd as the Spurs exposed his weakness, his inability to guard young fast point guards. Dallas did a great job of putting him on Durant during many key plays and Kidd played excellet defense. The team played excellent help defense and limited Westbrooks points in the paint, challenging him to shoot pull up jumpers.

Butler took shots away from Dirk and Terry and minutes away from Marion. Spurs own Terry and Berrea played like he was 5'5".

I would have liked to see the teams play this year. I was so confident that the Spurs would win but I think that has changed. Maybe in the first or second round but this Dallas team has a different swagger that we did not see in the first round. They look hungry and as much as I hate Jason Terry I would not mind seeing Dirk hold up the trophy. At least Tim will still have three more than him and four more than James.

dunkman
05-26-2011, 05:02 PM
They weren't good enough . . .

dunkman
05-26-2011, 05:04 PM
However, the point is, they went flamed out in first round and made some adjustments the following season and are now in the finals.

Hopefully RC Bufford and Pop are taking notes.

badfish22
05-26-2011, 05:04 PM
tbh we all were trying to tell less educated basketball fans that guys like TC make a big difference but all we would here back is "They lost Butler from last year, there is no way they are better!!"

You know who you are.

MiamiHeatNumba1
05-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Didn't Damp have something like 0 FG makes in that series? I think he made some points off of free throws, but when your starting center goes for 0% in a series that speaks volumes.

There is a reason that even with the god awful center options the Heat have they haven't even let Damp sniff the floor this post season.

DAF86
05-26-2011, 05:20 PM
tbh we all were trying to tell less educated basketball fans that guys like TC make a big difference but all we would here back is "They lost Butler from last year, there is no way they are better!!"

You know who you are.

crolf

Mavs traded for Chandler:

:smchode:

FUCK YOU DONNIE

FUCK YOU MARK CUBAN

fuck this cursed shit ass franchise to hell

fuck this team

Fuck this team I hope Dirk leaves

:lmao

i'm shitfaced drunk so i have no comment right now except for....

great fucking move :cry

lol MavKrew

Section 2: Code of Conduct

1. You must know shit about basketball.

If you don't know shit about basketball, you are a piece of shit, and will not be a part of the Regulation Krew, rather, will be skoffed by the Regulation Krew.

My take back then:

I think this move will be a lot better than what Mavs fans think, and the Jefferson one wouldn't have been as good as they thought it could be.

endrity
05-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Even a broken watch is right twice a day DAF :P

badfish22
05-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Well obviously we didn't think Chandler was going to have this much of an impact. No one really did. He was a backup center for the bobcats the previous year. But he proved he was a stud and we all ate our crow for that.

DAF86
05-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Even a broken watch is right twice a day DAF :P

You're just mad 'cause you think I hate Dirk, but it isn't true, I actually like him. I've been pretty honest about what players I hate in this site and Dirk isn't one.

endrity
05-26-2011, 05:30 PM
actually I was just joking! Kudos for being right on Chandler.