PDA

View Full Version : I actualy think the Mavs match up well with the Heat

Muse
05-26-2011, 03:25 PM
They have a lot of perimeter defenders that they can throw at Lebron and Wade

Brewer, Marion, Kidd, Stevenson, and even Terry at limited minutes can do a good job.

Sons, the Heat will be focused on Dirk obviously...the Heat stiff centers will provide no match for Chandler & Haywood, if the Mavs can get around 14-17ppg from the Center position and around 15ppg from Marion that would be great.

This Mavs team is way different than the one from 2006, we had to rely on Josh fucking Howard for fucks sake, Dirk is hungrier than ever if Spoelstra puts Lebron on Dirk that will create a mismatch as Bosh would probably be guarding Marion.

I believe this lineup would create havoc for the heat

PG - Kidd
SG - Terry
SF - Peja
PF - Marion
C - Dirk

I think Dirk can hang in with Bosh, Marion can take Lebron and Kidd can take Wade.

That lineup should only be used on limited occasions.

Mavs in 6

z0sa
05-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Marion and Kidd will only take LeBron/Wade if Tyson and co. play like champions in the paint behind em, which is obviously very possible

I highly doubt Marion averages 15 PPG in this series, Miami's defense should be strong enough to prevent his easy buckets, but not Tyson's

cheguevara
05-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Kidd can take Wade????

Kidd has great hands but Wade could run circles around him.

NewcastleKEG
05-26-2011, 03:34 PM
All comes down to shooting. If Dallas shoots the way they have this post season, they will be Champs. The major advantage Dallas has over OKC, Miami & Chicago is their shooting

cheguevara
05-26-2011, 03:35 PM
if Dirk plays like Dirk and the rest keep their current contribution this is a pretty even series. On the other hand there is no factor on Miami side that could change. Either they win with Lebron/Wade/Bosh or lose miserably.

lefty
05-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Looking forward to Bosh vs Chandler

endrity
05-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Yeah, we don't really match up very well. If Trix gets in trouble, there is no one behind him with a chance of staying in front of LeBron.

And Wade scares me even more, Terry or Kidd has to be on him in end of game situations. That's a scary thought. I know Kidd did a great job on Kobe, but Kobe is a shell of himself physically at this point. Wade is not 06 Wade, but he's still a great athlete.

The way I see it, our offense has to be locked in, and keep up with the scores on other side of the court. I think the Heat defense has a few cracks which are apparent even now. They are loading so much on Rose because no one else can make them pay, but the Mavs are not the Bulls on offense.

stretch
05-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Kidd can take Wade????

Kidd has great hands but Wade could run circles around him.

thats what people said about Kobe, Westbrook, and Durant, and he held his own just fine against them in limited stints.

stretch
05-26-2011, 03:49 PM
And Wade scares me even more, Terry or Kidd has to be on him in end of game situations. That's a scary thought. I know Kidd did a great job on Kobe, but Kobe is a shell of himself physically at this point. Wade is not 06 Wade, but he's still a great athlete.

But Kobe can actually shoot. Wade still is not a very good shooter. Make no mistake, if Kidd is on Wade, he will force him to either take long jumpers, or try to drive into lots of traffic.

Kidd will do a better job on Wade in short bursts than people think.

Nathan Explosion
05-26-2011, 04:00 PM
Miami has a defense that Dallas didn't see in the WC playoffs. Don't anyone forget for a second that Dallas is going to be scoring in the 100s like they did against OKC.

Plus, I don't care what any of you all say, no team has enough defenders to throw at Lebron and Wade. Lebron wants his title, and Wade wants another one. Wade is one competitive person, probably only outdone by Kobe. Don't forget what type of team Wade dragged to the playoffs last year. That was a gutted team that was waiting for this year, and he carried him.

I don't think the league has seen as dynamic a duo like Lebron and Wade since Shaq and Kobe, and that was a little different because of the positions. When you have two players that can score down the stretch, you're dangerous. And don't forget, it was Wade and Lebron's defense down the stretch that won the last game.

Dallas does not have the scorers to make Wade and Lebron work on defense, which gives them all the energy to wreak havoc on offense. The Dallas bigs will be in foul trouble if the perimeter can't keep those two out of the lane, which they can't. Kidd on Wade will be a disaster because unlike Kobe, Wade his his quickness still, and unlike Durant, Wade will attack the basket.

Ghazi
05-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Harlem.. just be happy for him in June.. ok? :)..

endrity
05-26-2011, 04:06 PM
But Kobe can actually shoot. Wade still is not a very good shooter. Make no mistake, if Kidd is on Wade, he will force him to either take long jumpers, or try to drive into lots of traffic.

Kidd will do a better job on Wade in short bursts than people think.

Wade has improved his jumper a lot compared to 06 though. Back then his best jumper option was coming off screens and hitting a banker. Either that or attack the basket. He had no 3pt shot to speak of back then. Now it's a lot better.

Kidd might defend him, but only in the last 5 minutes if he really saved his legs throughout the game. I don't know if he can do that, I don't know if we can really save him until those last minutes. Once DeShawn goes out of the rotation, who will be on him? Only Kidd is the one who can hang with him. Jet or Barea are really not an option.

stretch
05-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Wade has improved his jumper a lot compared to 06 though. Back then his best jumper option was coming off screens and hitting a banker. Either that or attack the basket. He had no 3pt shot to speak of back then. Now it's a lot better.

Kidd might defend him, but only in the last 5 minutes if he really saved his legs throughout the game. I don't know if he can do that, I don't know if we can really save him until those last minutes. Once DeShawn goes out of the rotation, who will be on him? Only Kidd is the one who can hang with him. Jet or Barea are really not an option.

sure its better, but its still not consistently reliable, not anywhere to the extent that Kobe's is.

truth is, once again, the zone defense is going to be key for stretches throughout the game when weaker defenders are in. the Heat only really have 3 good shooters that get minutes (Bibby, Chalmers, and Miller), and usually only one of the three are in the game at a time. It could end up being a lot like when the Mavs went zone against the Thunder, only the Thunder had two guys who could both shoot and attack in Durant and Harden. Bibby, Chalmers, and Miller can shoot, but none of them can be relied on to attack and make plays the way Harden was able to.

its going to be very important that Chandler doesnt pick up a bunch of stupid fouls. if he does, Haywood better be ready to hit his FTs like he has the last few games.

Ghazi
05-26-2011, 04:13 PM
stretch.. do you regret not moving butler? .. will it cost us? or indifferent..

Rummpd
05-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Agree totally. Media will spin the Heat but Dallas has been extremely impressive throughout the playoffs and my hat is off to them and I believe they will break through and win one for Dirk - who if he wins will finally get the long-deserved recognition as one of the greatest of all time however you rank him.

Ace
05-26-2011, 04:19 PM
Lol Kidd on Wade

Kidd will have no chance staying in front of Wade. Brewer, Marion, Stevenson or lol Terry have no chance guarding Wade or LeBron. It will take a team effort of closing driving lanes but I don't see the Mavs shutting them down

stretch
05-26-2011, 04:19 PM
Miami has a defense that Dallas didn't see in the WC playoffs. Don't anyone forget for a second that Dallas is going to be scoring in the 100s like they did against OKC.

Dallas doesnt want to score in the 100s like they did against OKC either. They prefer a slower game, and if Miami doesnt get out and run a lot, that will play right into the Mavs gameplan.

Plus, I don't care what any of you all say, no team has enough defenders to throw at Lebron and Wade. Lebron wants his title, and Wade wants another one. Wade is one competitive person, probably only outdone by Kobe. Don't forget what type of team Wade dragged to the playoffs last year. That was a gutted team that was waiting for this year, and he carried him.

I agree, no team has enough defenders to throw at those two. But at the same time, how many quality players do the Heat have to throw back, aside from those two and Bosh? Basically everyone else is a scrub, or is a one-trick pony that can easily be stopped. There is a reason why the Heat only won 58 games, as opposed to 70+ like some people thought they would... not enough legit role players.

I don't think the league has seen as dynamic a duo like Lebron and Wade since Shaq and Kobe, and that was a little different because of the positions. When you have two players that can score down the stretch, you're dangerous. And don't forget, it was Wade and Lebron's defense down the stretch that won the last game.

Bad thing is, neither play very well off the ball, both need the ball to be effective, and both do pretty much the same things on offense, and can be contained when forced to shoot long jumpers.

When they both learn to play off the ball better, and have a more consistent jumper (which may be as soon as next year), the league is fucked. But as of now, I'm not sold that they have developed those skills enough yet.

Dallas does not have the scorers to make Wade and Lebron work on defense, which gives them all the energy to wreak havoc on offense. The Dallas bigs will be in foul trouble if the perimeter can't keep those two out of the lane, which they can't. Kidd on Wade will be a disaster because unlike Kobe, Wade his his quickness still, and unlike Durant, Wade will attack the basket.

Dallas didn't have the scorers to make Kobe, Durant, Bynum, and others work on defense either, but that didn't stop them, did it?

Miami is basically going to have to play the duo of Bron/Wade well over 40 mpg because their role players blow so much ass. I'll take that, because when they are having to finish a close game against Dallas, and are being forced to shoot long jumpers with tired legs, as opposed to Dallas being able to work the high post with a fresh Dirk and deadly shooters giving him spacing, I'm going to put my money on the Mavs.

stretch
05-26-2011, 04:20 PM
stretch.. do you regret not moving butler? .. will it cost us? or indifferent..

only thing I regret is that Butler wont be able to be a part of this.

having him in this series would help the Mavs more than it would have in any other series, but oh well...

TJastal
05-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Agree totally. Media will spin the Heat but Dallas has been extremely impressive throughout the playoffs and my hat is off to them and I believe they will break through and win one for Dirk - who if he wins will finally get the long-deserved recognition as one of the greatest of all time however you rank him.

:tu

stretch
05-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Lol Kidd on Wade

Kidd will have no chance staying in front of Wade. Brewer, Marion, Stevenson or lol Terry have no chance guarding Wade or LeBron. It will take a team effort of closing driving lanes but I don't see the Mavs shutting them down

its not about shutting them down. no one can shut them down. but preventing them from just waltzing to the rim consistently absolutely CAN be accomplished by the Mavs defense, and that's all they need to do to have the advantage.

Ghazi
05-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Ace.. just be happy for him in June.. ok? :)..

endrity
05-26-2011, 04:31 PM
sure its better, but its still not consistently reliable, not anywhere to the extent that Kobe's is.

truth is, once again, the zone defense is going to be key for stretches throughout the game when weaker defenders are in. the Heat only really have 3 good shooters that get minutes (Bibby, Chalmers, and Miller), and usually only one of the three are in the game at a time. It could end up being a lot like when the Mavs went zone against the Thunder, only the Thunder had two guys who could both shoot and attack in Durant and Harden. Bibby, Chalmers, and Miller can shoot, but none of them can be relied on to attack and make plays the way Harden was able to.

its going to be very important that Chandler doesnt pick up a bunch of stupid fouls. if he does, Haywood better be ready to hit his FTs like he has the last few games.

That's the key pretty much. Their backcourt is better. But the Heat don't have any post defenders and rebounders at the level of Bynum/Ibaka/Collison. He's going to have to dominate Bosh and Haslem. Those guys can't keep him of the boards. He'll have to punish them all series long to offset the differences in production in the backcourt.

Ace
05-26-2011, 04:35 PM
its not about shutting them down. no one can shut them down. but preventing them from just waltzing to the rim consistently absolutely CAN be accomplished by the Mavs defense, and that's all they need to do to have the advantage.

That's been the theme so far used against them so far in these playoffs. Close the lanes and try to force them into jump shots. Mavs just have to hope they can be more effective at it than the Bulls or Celtics...

Ace
05-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Lol Rummpd

Ghazi
05-26-2011, 04:37 PM

but our point differential :cry is insufficient :cry :cry :cry!!!!

badfish22
05-26-2011, 04:48 PM
rummpd was reaaaaaaally wrong about those Mavs.

stretch
05-26-2011, 04:51 PM
That's been the theme so far used against them so far in these playoffs. Close the lanes and try to force them into jump shots. Mavs just have to hope they can be more effective at it than the Bulls or Celtics...

The Bulls and Celtics defenses against the Heat havent been all that bad. It's that their offenses sucked ass. The Mavs offense >>>>>>>> Bulls/Celtics offenses.

Ace
05-26-2011, 05:20 PM
The Bulls and Celtics defenses against the Heat havent been all that bad. It's that their offenses sucked ass. The Mavs offense >>>>>>>> Bulls/Celtics offenses.

Guess the point I'm trying to make is that the Mavs defensive is not as good as those two and it didn't stop LeBron and Wade. However, Mavs offense is better so should make for a great series.

mavsfan1000
05-26-2011, 06:07 PM
lol Terry guarding Wade
lol Going Small=layup line. We need our bigs in this series. Hopefully Miami doesn't go small as that might force us to go small as well.

mavsfan1000
05-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Can you imagine this lineup? Who could Dirk guard? Will Chandler have to guard the perimeter with Bosh? That will open things up for Miami.
C Bosh
PF James
SF M. Miller
SG Wade
PG Chalmers

Axe Murderer
05-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Guess the point I'm trying to make is that the Mavs defensive is not as good as those two and it didn't stop LeBron and Wade. However, Mavs offense is better so should make for a great series.

Agreed.

As much as it pains me to say, there really isn't gonna be much we can do to slow down these guys over the course of the series. Even if we force them into jumpers, they will still get their fastbreak points/FTs. It comes down to what mono said: just don't let the Haslems/Chalmers/Bosh/Millers of the world get there looks.

frodo
05-26-2011, 06:21 PM
mavs are playing their best games now and their chemistry also seems great. you ain't never locking down bron or wade with man-to-man defense imo, just play zone D the most you can and the heat are done. heat have no legit shooter, bron/wade can both shoot well but 9/10 times they'd prefer to go straight into the paint for a slam dunk or layup. i'd be more like an analogous contest of american & european basketball imho, heat have superior talents but that ain't nothing compared to the 04' olympic team which featured duncan, iverson, allen etc...

stretch
05-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Can you imagine this lineup? Who could Dirk guard? Will Chandler have to guard the perimeter with Bosh? That will open things up for Miami.
C Bosh
PF James
SF M. Miller
SG Wade
PG Chalmers

thats every bit as stupid as Mavs running with Dirk, Peja, Marion, Terry, Kidd

neither team would have interior defense, and would suffer on the boards

you seriously are too stupid to think two ways at one time.

stretch
05-26-2011, 06:27 PM
mavs are playing their best games now and their chemistry also seems great. you ain't never locking down bron or wade with man-to-man defense imo, just play zone D the most you can and the heat are done. heat have no legit shooter, bron/wade can both shoot well but 9/10 times they'd prefer to go straight into the paint for a slam dunk or layup. i'd be more like an analogous contest of american & european basketball imho, heat have superior talents but that ain't nothing compared to the 04' olympic team which featured duncan, iverson, allen etc...

why is it that even when rogue is trying to post normal, you can instantly tell without even really reading the post, that its a rogue post?

ive never known someone to have such an unusual and distinctive posting style

Axe Murderer
05-26-2011, 06:28 PM

PG - Kidd
SG - Terry
SF - Peja
PF - Marion
C - Dirk

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

mavsfan1000
05-26-2011, 06:29 PM
thats every bit as stupid as Mavs running with Dirk, Peja, Marion, Terry, Kidd

neither team would have interior defense, and would suffer on the boards

you seriously are too stupid to think two ways at one time.
Bosh is long. Lebron is the best defender in the league. Might as well put him on Dirk anyway. Miller spreads out the defense. Miami has such active players with this lineup that they can makeup for their lack of size. Chandler is not a low post player anyways. Add to it that Dallas primarily a perimeter shooting team. They are going to score on you anyways but have more quickness out there might actually hurt their offense. But I guess you can't see why Miami running small is an advantage while Dallas going small is terrible. Miami has no good centers anyway.

4>0rings
05-26-2011, 06:29 PM
:lmao Mono ducking this topic and using his brothers account since he's been wrong about 100% of everything in his life, including In-N-Out burger.

JamStone
05-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Mavs fans better pray RC controls himself from using his fetish of the Kidd-Barea-Terry perimeter line-up against Miami.

mavsfan1000
05-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Mavs fans better pray RC controls himself from using his fetish of the Kidd-Barea-Terry perimeter line-up against Miami.
Or going with Dirk at Center. Both are bad ideas.

Axe Murderer
05-26-2011, 06:35 PM
lol Dirk at center

tbh we should trade Chandler/Haywood for Najera/Lafrentz and its 2003 all over again!

dirk4mvp
05-26-2011, 06:48 PM
We could channel classic Avery and start a wing at C. Brewer would do.

Mav-elous Man
05-26-2011, 07:05 PM
thats what people said about Kobe, Westbrook, and Durant, and he held his own just fine against them in limited stints.

Right. People always say Kidd can't hang but the Mavs play team concept defense. Plus if u need hard-nosed defense for the final few minutes for the game, u would be hard pressed to find a guard in the playoffs playing better defense than Kidd. His defense has been more timely than anything else.

Mav-elous Man
05-26-2011, 07:07 PM
The mavs bench should rape miami's as well.

NewcastleKEG
05-26-2011, 07:07 PM

It goes both ways.

Miami hasn't seen an offense like the Mavericks in these playoffs. That means less baskets on the break for the Heat

Dirk is more competitive and focused at the moment than Wade & James

I mean look at how successful Brewer has been against Wade & James. Marion, Stevenson and Terry is a good start. It will be huge to see if they activate Butler for the game

Ace
05-26-2011, 07:12 PM
Agreed.

As much as it pains me to say, there really isn't gonna be much we can do to slow down these guys over the course of the series. Even if we force them into jumpers, they will still get their fastbreak points/FTs. It comes down to what mono said: just don't let the Haslems/Chalmers/Bosh/Millers of the world get there looks.

Key is Dirk, how much he can carry them. What makes him dangerous is nigga doesn't need many shots to score 30 plus...

Ace
05-26-2011, 07:24 PM
It goes both ways.

Miami hasn't seen an offense like the Mavericks in these playoffs. That means less baskets on the break for the Heat

Dirk is more competitive and focused at the moment than Wade & James

I mean look at how successful Brewer has been against Wade & James. Marion, Stevenson and Terry is a good start. It will be huge to see if they activate Butler for the game

Lol Bulls

Sportstudi
08-10-2011, 12:31 PM
They have a lot of perimeter defenders that they can throw at Lebron and Wade

Brewer, Marion, Kidd, Stevenson, and even Terry at limited minutes can do a good job.

Sons, the Heat will be focused on Dirk obviously...the Heat stiff centers will provide no match for Chandler & Haywood, if the Mavs can get around 14-17ppg from the Center position and around 15ppg from Marion that would be great.

This Mavs team is way different than the one from 2006, we had to rely on Josh fucking Howard for fucks sake, Dirk is hungrier than ever if Spoelstra puts Lebron on Dirk that will create a mismatch as Bosh would probably be guarding Marion.

PG - Kidd
SG - Terry
SF - Peja
PF - Marion
C - Dirk

I think Dirk can hang in with Bosh, Marion can take Lebron and Kidd can take Wade.

That lineup should only be used on limited occasions.

Mavs in 6

Bump ;)
However, I'm glad that we didn't see that lineup above for long. Peja blew ass in the finals.

Sportstudi
08-10-2011, 12:34 PM

Nothing but fail :lmao

cheguevara
08-10-2011, 12:41 PM
if Dirk plays like Dirk and the rest keep their current contribution this is a pretty even series. On the other hand there is no factor on Miami side that could change. Either they win with Lebron/Wade/Bosh or lose miserably.

Che = Winning

Neo.
08-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Che = Winning

Che = Heat in 5

LMAO