PDA

View Full Version : What bad luck for the Mavs

Amarelooms
05-26-2011, 10:28 PM
could beat any team out the East expect these fuckers....with the refs and bullshit calls....Mavs are going to be hard-pressed to win 1-2 games...fuck fuck fuck.

Oh well...just give it your all Mavs....can't expect more....go out swinging

:elephant

Pelicans78
05-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Quit making excuses. The series hasn't even started yet. Didn't you get the memo?

Amarelooms
05-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Son no excuse...regardless proud of my Mavs...they are the underdogs no doubt...nothing to lose really.

On another note...I predict the Saints are gonna be in the NFC championship game if there's a season

Pelicans78
05-26-2011, 10:37 PM
Son no excuse...regardless proud of my Mavs...they are the underdogs no doubt...nothing to lose really.

On another note...I predict the Saints are gonna be in the NFC championship game if there's a season

Mavs are underdogs, but they're not going away without drawing some blood.

Saints should be in that game, but Payton needs to coach a little better. He calls too many passing plays.

NewJerSpur
05-26-2011, 10:42 PM
Don't know if this is a jinx thread but Mavs should be fine. I caled the Lakers winning it all last year and I think the Mavs should take it.

Like last year (Spurs/Mavs-Spurs/Suns-Lakers/Suns-Celtics/Magic-Lakers/Celtics)the playoffs had a lot of series that wound up going the way of the team seeking revenge (ORL/ATL-members of the Heat/Boston-members of the Mavs/LA) and I think Dirk gets his payback and Kidd gets his ring. That's not the only factor, but it worked out well last year.

DPG21920
05-26-2011, 10:44 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see it go 7 then you never know. But it's two great talents vs a deeper more balanced team with a superstar. It's a perimeter oriented team vs the best perimeter defensive team in the NBA and on the other hand you have MIA that struggles in half court and Dallas who defends in the half court very, very well.

It will be interesting to see if guys like Terry/Peja/.... can hit those three's with this MIA defense and if the Dallas depth can stop Wade/Bron like they have Durant/Westbrook and Kobe.

It might come down to gritty playoff ball and who can force their way to the line in order to control the game.

Reck
05-26-2011, 10:45 PM
How are Mavs underdogs?

Because they haven't won a title? Mavs will be fine. Just keep that hack Stevenson off the court and you'll get a couple of wins.

I dont think either team will win by more then 10 points either.

Amarelooms
05-26-2011, 10:49 PM
How are Mavs underdogs?

Because they haven't won a title? Mavs will be fine. Just keep that hack Stevenson off the court and you'll get a couple of wins.

I dont think either team will win by more then 10 points either.

1. Miami has home-court
2. They have 2 SUPER-Stars and another All-star
3. Refs are going to let Dirk get abused without any calls
4. Lebron and Wade will get every call and get a ton of FTs
5. Only reason Mavs are anything is cause of Dirk...look at the team for f'n sake...Dirk and bunch of has beens/scrubs....JJB is the backup point lol

Still love my Mavs even if they get swept. God bless everyone sons

NewJerSpur
05-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Stevenson's GOT to knock down the open 3 that he routinely missed against OKC.....don't pull a Korver. If he doesn't, I'd look to get Brewer going. Dallas has a very deep bench.

Reck
05-26-2011, 11:08 PM
1. Miami has home-court
2. They have 2 SUPER-Stars and another All-star
3. Refs are going to let Dirk get abused without any calls
4. Lebron and Wade will get every call and get a ton of FTs
5. Only reason Mavs are anything is cause of Dirk...look at the team for f'n sake...Dirk and bunch of has beens/scrubs....JJB is the backup point lol

Still love my Mavs even if they get swept. God bless everyone sons

Not doesn't make them underdogs.

Mavs have always been in contention.

I would say the odds of Mavs winning it all is pretty slim but its not like they came out of nowhere.

And stop feeling sorry for yourserlf, pittying yourself before the series even starts is dumb.

DMC
05-26-2011, 11:11 PM
The Mavs have the same lot in life that the Jazz had: always a better team from the East when they are strongest.

The Spurs have landed the Nets, Knicks, Pistons (strongest matchup) and Cavs. Dirk gets the Heat w/Shaq and the Heat w/Lebron.

It sucks, but the Mavs have the opportunity to put their stamp on this one. If they beat the Heat, it's legit, they are my heroes this year. I hate the Heat and the Lakers.

davethedope
05-26-2011, 11:15 PM
Mavs are only underdogs cuz everyone are nuthugging prisoners of moment.
The Heat haven't played one quality team, in months. 76ers, barely .500 if
that, beat up Celtics, overrated Bulls with an inflated record from an awful conference.

ogait
05-26-2011, 11:19 PM
Zone defense of the Mavs can play a big factor in containing Wade and Lebron.

I can see Marion playing a similar role as Deng in containing Lebron and forcing him to take the outside shot more often than not, but I don't see one player on the Mavs doing that to Wade 1 on 1.

Ppl may have this bad series of Wade in their recent memory but he was the best player against Boston when he was defended by Ray Allen and Delonte West. Now he's going to be defended primarily by Stevensson and Terry so stopping him should be a priority for the Mavs as a team, not to mention the historical reasons.

Dirk has to dominate offensively as he has been doing the whole playoffs. Looking at the matchups there is no reason to think that he won't.

Lebron will have his numbers and theres also not much that can be done about it.

If the Mavs can limit Wade they will win this.

Ghazi
05-26-2011, 11:22 PM
what do you care, 'Looms? you already quit on the team

Ghazi
05-26-2011, 11:23 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170550

:lmao faggot
:lmao quitting on team
:lmao DPG

hitmanyr2k
05-26-2011, 11:24 PM

I can see Marion playing a similar role as Deng in containing Lebron and forcing him to take the outside shot more often than not, but I don't see one player on the Mavs doing that to Wade 1 on 1.

Ppl may have this bad series of Wade in their recent memory but he was the best player against Boston when he was defended by Ray Allen and Delonte West. Now he's going to be defended primarily by Stevensson and Terry so stopping him should be a priority for the Mavs as a team, not to mention the historical reasons.

Dirk has to dominate offensively as he has been doing the whole playoffs. Looking at the matchups there is no reason to think that he won't.

Lebron will have his numbers and theres also not much that can be done about it.

Are you forgetting Chris Bosh? He was the 2nd best Heat player in the ECF. He's gonna actually make Dirk work on the defensive end for a change...especially if he keeps hitting that jumper.

DPG21920
05-26-2011, 11:24 PM
You won't be laughing if I'm write about those Mavs :)

DPG21920
05-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Are you forgetting Chris Bosh? He was the 2nd best Heat player in the ECF. He's gonna actually make Dirk work on the defensive end for a change...especially if he keeps hitting that jumper.

Tyson will guard Bosh.

Ghazi
05-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Nope. You were already wrong about the Mavs.

and thats just the way it is :smokin

DPG21920
05-26-2011, 11:26 PM
Nope. You might be wrong about them and you were definitely wrong about the Heat :)

dirk4mvp
05-26-2011, 11:26 PM
So you're implying Chandler won't be holding Bosh, bullfan?

davethedope
05-26-2011, 11:27 PM
Heat can't score enough points. Big three aren't going to score 90pts per game. Mavs just need limit the rest of the team, get their points, they can win. Jason Kidd is probably
the most important player in the series

Ghazi
05-26-2011, 11:28 PM
Ghazi
ghazSTRODAMUS: Mavs/Heat will be an epic Finals.

August 6th, 2010

:smokin :smokin

meanwhile, DPG WRONG ABOUT THEM MAVS :lmao

badfish22
05-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Already wrong, DPG.
"The Mavs were better last year than they are this year"

Do you remember this argument?

hitmanyr2k
05-26-2011, 11:29 PM
So you're implying Chandler won't be holding Bosh, bullfan?

Then there goes Dallas's rebounding :lol Bosh is a perimeter big man similar to Dirk. Is Dallas going to live with Bosh dragging Chandler outside he paint with his face up game leaving the boards vulnerable?

badfish22
05-26-2011, 11:31 PM
If Dirk can handle Pau he can probably handle Bosh.

DPG21920
Already wrong, DPG.
"The Mavs were better last year than they are this year"

Do you remember this argument?

Yes. I do. Do you remember the actual argument? I said with Caron they were. I argued from a talent perspective that losing Caron while adding Tyson was a wash at best.

I clearly said that with everyone healthy, they were better than last year. Look it up.

mavsfan1000
Congratulations Heat on your second championship in 6 years.

DPG21920
Ghazi
ghazSTRODAMUS: Mavs/Heat will be an epic Finals.

August 6th, 2010

:smokin :smokin

meanwhile, DPG WRONG ABOUT THEM MAVS :lmao

Ghazi:

The Celtics will beat the Heat

:lol

Ghazi
05-26-2011, 11:32 PM
DPG... just fucking face it, you were wrong about them Mavs :smokin

NewJerSpur

Wade's lying in the weeds right now and it's a scary proposition imo. :tu

Ghazi
Congratulations Heat on your second championship in 6 years.

:lol Lakers in 6
:lol Thunder beating Mavs
:lol Bulls
:lol Devin Harris
:lol faggot

mavsfan1000
05-26-2011, 11:33 PM
Bosh is a way better shooter than Pau. Pau was worthless this year. He has always gotten owned by Dirk. So no surprise he got owned again by Dirk. I remember Dallas struggling against Toronto when Bosh was there.

badfish22
05-26-2011, 11:33 PM
Yes. I do. Do you remember the actual argument? I said with Caron they were. I argued from a talent perspective that losing Caron while adding Tyson was a wash at best.

I clearly said that with everyone healthy, they were better than last year. Look it up.

I fail to see how this helps your side at all. We didn't have Caron for these playoffs, so thats against you. Also, "losing Caron while adding Tyson was a wash at best" is clearly wrong since we are in the Finals instead of getting kicked out in the first round again.

dirk4mvp
05-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Bosh is a way better shooter than Pau. Pau was worthless this year. He has always gotten owned by Dirk. So no surprise he got owned again by Dirk. I remember Dallas struggling against Toronto when Bosh was there.

How you coping with the loss tonight?

badfish22
05-26-2011, 11:34 PM
So no surprise he got owned again by Dirk.

:lol I'm sure that's what you were saying before the series started.

Sean Cagney
05-26-2011, 11:35 PM

Pau played like an abosolue bitch though, he was not in it at all it seemed and he admitted it! I am thinking Bosh will play alot better than he did.

Nathan89
05-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Then there goes Dallas's rebounding :lol Bosh is a perimeter big man similar to Dirk. Is Dallas going to live with Bosh dragging Chandler outside he paint with his face up game leaving the boards vulnerable?

This. Dirk will guard Bosh because Mavs need Chandler to protect the paint and get rebounds.

That being said the pressure of the NBA finals by affect the shot of Bosh. The Mavs can live with Bosh shooting jumpers, they just need to keep Lebron and Wade out of the paint/off the ft line.

mavsfan1000
05-26-2011, 11:38 PM
This. Dirk will guard Bosh because Mavs need Chandler to protect the paint and get rebounds.

That being said the pressure of the NBA finals by affect the shot of Bosh. The Mavs can live with Bosh shooting jumpers, they just need to keep Lebron and Wade out of the paint/off the ft line.
Dirk better not be guarding Bosh. He better guard Joel Anthony. Bosh could get him in foul trouble.

Nathan89

If Heat beat the Mavs I doubt it will be because Bosh hit an incredible amount of jumpers with high efficiency.

DPG21920
I fail to see how this helps your side at all. We didn't have Caron for these playoffs, so thats against you. Also, "losing Caron while adding Tyson was a wash at best" is clearly wrong since we are in the Finals instead of getting kicked out in the first round again.

I'm not saying it helps my argument. I'm saying you didn't remember my argument and I :lol at you acting like I was just hating or saying something outlandish.

I said it was a wash at best from a talent standpoint, which is true, but obviously how Tyson fits and what he adds is more conducive to winning.

Ultimately at the end of the day what I said was that the Mavs won't win a title and I'm not wrong about that yet. However, I was wrong to say that without being fully healthy they aren't true contenders.

mavsfan1000
05-26-2011, 11:39 PM
If Heat beat the Mavs I doubt it will be because Bosh hit an incredible amount of jumpers with high efficiency.
Ture. It will be the combination of Bosh, James, and Wade making it impossible to defend them.

badfish22
05-26-2011, 11:42 PM
I was wrong

http://pantherpro-webdesign.com/cinema/cinema/film-stills/welles-Kane-clapping.gif

finally...

Nathan89
05-26-2011, 11:43 PM
Dirk better not be guarding Bosh. He better guard Joel Anthony. Bosh could get him in foul trouble.

I'm not worried about Bosh getting Dirk into foul trouble. It's not like he attacks the rim like Amare. Amare will attack through his opponents body and Bosh doesn't do that. Bosh goes to the rim sometimes on the roll but in that case Dirk just has to contest as best as possible without fouling.

DPG21920
05-26-2011, 11:45 PM
http://pantherpro-webdesign.com/cinema/cinema/film-stills/welles-Kane-clapping.gif

finally...

Are you retarded? Do you want me to link to the numerous times I have said this :lol

Maybe if you weren't jocking shticks all day you would have seen it.

badfish22
05-26-2011, 11:47 PM
I'm just glad it finally came out tbh.

DPG21920
05-26-2011, 11:50 PM
Hey BadFish, you are a very smart guy and a lot of people really enjoy your company.

Ghazi
05-26-2011, 11:52 PM
hey DPG, you're a very smart guy and you were wrong about the Mavs.

DPG21920
05-26-2011, 11:55 PM
Ghazi we gonna drink and watch the Mavs?

mavsfan1000
05-26-2011, 11:57 PM
I can't imagine the massive suicide in Dallas if Miami wins it again. The world might as well be over. I guess we all gotta stick together through these hard times. There is always pain killers to help. :depressed

dirk4mvp
05-26-2011, 11:58 PM
I can't imagine the massive suicide in Dallas if Miami wins it again. The world might as well be over. I guess we all gotta stick together through these hard times. There is always pain killers to help. :depressed

You don't get to enjoy anything in the event of a Dallas win.

Ghazi
05-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Ghazi we gonna drink and watch the Mavs?

:)

mavsfan1000
05-27-2011, 12:00 AM
You don't get to enjoy anything in the event of a Dallas win.
It doesn't matter if I enjoy it or not since they aren't winning. I actually wish I didn't care so much. But Dirk is such a great player. The rest of team has bonded so well. Gotta love it.

dirk4mvp
05-27-2011, 12:01 AM
It doesn't matter if I enjoy it or not since they aren't winning. I actually wish I didn't care so much.

:lol Portland beating Dallas
:lol LA beating Dallas
:lol OKC beating Dallas

Drink bleach, faggot.

Ghazi
05-27-2011, 12:02 AM
dirk4mvp

mavsfan1000
05-27-2011, 12:03 AM
:lol Portland beating Dallas
:lol LA beating Dallas
:lol OKC beating Dallas

Drink bleach, faggot.
Why such the harsh language? Seriously I never wish ill will toward anyone. I don't get the hostility. These are just words. Put me on ignore if it bothers you that much.

dirk4mvp
05-27-2011, 12:06 AM
lol neo classical metal

mavsfan1000
05-27-2011, 12:08 AM
Peace brother.