PDA

View Full Version : Jacob1983

Axe Murderer
05-26-2011, 10:29 PM
what do you think about these upcoming NBA Finals?

Axe Murderer
Darrin feel free to chime in too

dirk4mvp
ducks is also more than welcome to share his thoughts.

Axe Murderer
05-26-2011, 10:31 PM
:tu wow how did i forget about ducks?

if you'll forgive me, please post your thoughts in here too

BUMP'S LEFT FOOT
05-26-2011, 11:55 PM
he's here!

Jacob1983
05-27-2011, 12:12 AM
Hello

Axe Murderer
05-27-2011, 12:14 AM
hey

Jacob1983
05-27-2011, 01:21 AM
Here are my thoughts or take on the upcoming Finals. I think the Mavs have a chance. I can't predict the future so I don't know who will win. Of course, I want the Mavs to win especially for the fans and for Dirk and Kidd. This is Kidd's third trip to the Finals. I would feel really bad for him if he doesn't get a ring this time. I'll feel bad for Dirk too because you can tell he really wants a ring this year. And he is playing the best basketball of his life right now. The hunger is there for him.
You can look at this Finals two ways. You can either be stuck in the past and say the Mavs can't beat Heat or Dirk will choke or that Lecrab, DWhistle, and Raptor will be too much for the Mavs. The more optimistic view is that this Mavericks team is not like the 2006 team. They have more experience and they play much better defense. The coach is better too. Marion, Kidd, Chandler are badasses on the defensive end. And let's not forget that the Mavs' bench can be badass too. You can hate Terry all you want but the guy is a BAMF off the bench. And let's not forget about the German. Dirk is playing like every game matters. He is playing like he wants to be a winner. He isn't taking anything for granted. Last thing, let's not forget that the Mavs' path to this Finals were tough. They had played to the Blazers in the first round and how many people honestly think the Mavs could recover from that game 4 collapse? In the second round, the Mavs anal raped the Lakers. Yeah, that's right. They beat the Lakers. The Lakers were the two-time defending champs and the three time defending Western Conference champs. And let's not forget that the Lakers have historically owned the Mavs in the regular season and playoffs. The Mavs had to play a tough young Thunder team who probably could have won the WCF if Dirk and the Mavs had not had those 4th qtr comebacks. Haven't the Mavs had like 3 or 4 late 4th qtr comebacks in the playoffs this year?

The Heat may beat the Mavs and that would suck big time. However, I think if the Heat do win, they're gonna have to fuckin' step on the throats of the Mavs because these Mavs aren't going to give up like the 2006 Mavs did. They're not going down without a fight. The Mavs have a chance in my opinion.

Findog
05-27-2011, 02:11 AM
Jeff Caplan, Tim McMahon, Chris Sheridan, Marc Stein, J.A. Adande, Jon Barry and some "Berrios" character picked the Mavs. Everybody else has the Heat in 6 or 7:

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/matchup/_/teams/mavericks-heat

DeadlyDynasty
05-27-2011, 02:20 AM
Jeff Caplan, Tim McMahon, Chris Sheridan, Marc Stein, J.A. Adande, Jon Barry and some "Berrios" character picked the Mavs. Everybody else has the Heat in 6 or 7:

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/matchup/_/teams/mavericks-heat

Good to see them get some love. That Berrios character picked the Magic to win the title this year.