PDA

View Full Version : Rj gtfo

Russo21
05-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Cleveland
RJ and Dice for Antawn Jamison
Cleveland get a descent SF (can i say that about RJ anymore???) and Dice's 4.8 million expiring to save cash and the Spurs get a consumate pro with career average of 20 and 8. Cavs already have JJ Hickson who is about the same size as Jamison except without the three ball so he may be expendable. Jamison would be a fantastic tall ball SF or a small ball PF.

Philly
RJ and Dice for Andre Iguodala
Same scenario. 6ers get a descent SF ??? and a 4.8 million expiring and we get a young athletic dynamic all round SF who averaged 14 6 6 and 1.5 steals and is athletic as hell.

Raptors
RJ Bonner and Dice for Bargnani, Amir Johnson and Linas Kleiza
Raptors save about 7 million after Dice retires from salary and luxury tax, get a SF and they get Bonner back where he freakin came from. Spurs get a 7 foot starting centre who can put the ball in the hole as good as anyone, 6'9" Amir Johnson who averaged 9.6 and 6.4 and 1 block and Kleiza who is not as big a name as RJ but who can give us 11pts 5 rebounds at half the price of dick jefferson.

Clippers
RJ Bonner and Dice for Chris Kaman and Al-Farouq Aminu
Clippers can run and gun with RJ and Bonner and save 5 million from Dice's contract giving them 9-10 million in cap space for whoever they want. Spurs get there starting center, who while this year only played 30 games, last year averaged 18 and 9, far and away the best big we've had since the admiral set sail. Aminu is a bit of question mark but he is 6'9" young and athletic, get him to focus on D and our offence can take care of itself with Kaman Duncan Manu and Tony.

Hornets
Parker and RJ for Chris Paul and Ariza
Hornets get a downgrade at PG but still a big name and RJ who is a bigger name then Ariza. Spurs get the best point guard in the game (sorry derron williams and derrick rose) who gets everyone on th e team involved and is a pesky as hell defender and Ariza who is long athletic and a much better defender then RJ. We'd be better offensively and defensively by far if this went down but we'd need to find a center in free agency.

Suns
Parker, RJ Bonner and Dice's expiring for Nash, Gortat and Pietrus

I dunno i really really really just want RJ and Bonner the fuck off this team!!:ihit:bang GTFO

Oh, Gee!!
05-27-2011, 12:08 AM
we're stuck with rj like braces. pop told us already that it's for our own good, and that one day we'd understand and thank him.

Russo21
05-27-2011, 12:12 AM
Hmm well then i think pop's doctor needs to prescribe him some anti-psychotic medication! He's gone coo-koo if that's what he thinks.

Sisk
05-27-2011, 01:06 AM
You can't possibly think any of those are going to happen. Especially Philly/N.O./CLE.

BlackSwordsMan
05-27-2011, 01:08 AM
How about all of the spurs move to a new city and RJ stays?

ChumpDumper
05-27-2011, 03:49 AM
off

season

slick'81
05-27-2011, 05:22 PM
just 3 more years with bonner and rj

DMX7
05-27-2011, 05:44 PM
How about all of the spurs move to a new city and RJ stays?

Ok, that's even worse than him just staying.

Technique
05-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Parker and RJ for Ariza and Paul? It's a stretch, but after giving it a long thought, I'd say, do it R.C

Sense
05-27-2011, 08:06 PM
lmao@this thread..

I'm surprised he didn't do a RJ and McDyess for Kobe and Gasol..

what an idiot.

FromWayDowntown
05-27-2011, 08:41 PM
What this forum has been lacking of late is any threads devoted to pipe dream trades involving Richard Jefferson.

DMC
05-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Is Turasi available?

DMX7
05-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Diana is too much of a man for RJ. They would never do it.

Russo21
05-27-2011, 10:12 PM
lmao@this thread..

I'm surprised he didn't do a RJ and McDyess for Kobe and Gasol..

what an idiot.

Actually none of those trades are beyond the realm of possibilities. Who would have thought a few years back the bucks would have traded a 20 point scorer for old men bowen oberto and thomas? Nobody thats who. It's a shame an 'adult' such as yourself has to revert to name calling because you can't have a spirited back and forth and give reasons to back up your oppinion, you are certaintly not the most intellectual fish in the pond (by pond i mean spurstalk)

NRHector
05-27-2011, 11:51 PM

:pctoss :cry :shootme :smchode:

05-28-2011, 03:41 AM
spurs don't rebuild they RELOAD!!

:lol how stupid that sounds now.

TJastal
05-28-2011, 05:03 AM
Actually none of those trades are beyond the realm of possibilities. Who would have thought a few years back the bucks would have traded a 20 point scorer for old men bowen oberto and thomas? Nobody thats who. It's a shame an 'adult' such as yourself has to revert to name calling because you can't have a spirited back and forth and give reasons to back up your oppinion, you are certaintly not the most intellectual fish in the pond (by pond i mean spurstalk)

lmao

I gaurantee you the bucks were more than happy to get rid of Jefferson and save 5 million dollars in the process.

Russo21
05-28-2011, 05:46 AM
lmao

I gaurantee you the bucks were more than happy to get rid of Jefferson and save 5 million dollars in the process.

Yeah no shit Einstein. It baffled me the spurs signed RJ for 4 years?! 4 years for a decling 30 odd year old. Would have been a helluva lot easier to move him on say a two year contract:depressed

Spurtacus
05-29-2011, 09:25 PM

:shootme

pawe
05-29-2011, 10:40 PM
Why dont you give the guy a chance..oh wait

Russo21
05-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Why dont you give the guy a chance..oh wait

lmao! nice one:p:

CaptainLate
05-30-2011, 01:30 PM
Unless a couple of (young) FA superstars :greedy w/o egos want to come to S.A., :depressed I'm getting used to the idea that Holt will sell out while the gettin's good. I fully expect the Spurs to be gone in less than 5 yrs.

Well, it was a nice run while it lasted. Too bad we didn't have an ownership group with deeper pockets -- the Robinson-Duncan era could have easily had 3+ more :lobt2:

Hmmm....the Las Vegas Spurs has a decent ring to it, don'tcha think?

objective
05-30-2011, 04:12 PM
wasn't this about the same timespan as last year when Jefferson was dribbling around cones to Pop's nodding approval and earning himself 40 million for being a terrible underperforming player?

Now that he's been paid, does anyone think he's still bothing to show up for 45 minutes in a gym with Pop? Quick, somebody find McDonald, pry the bottles away, and put him in a cab so he can get on the case.

kaji157
05-31-2011, 06:00 PM
We got him for NOTHING when he was still producing,

Why would we get SOMETHING now that he isnīt?

I donīt see the logic in some peopleīs minds, the best we could get for RJ is not having to loose other good players to make a team take him out of our hands.

Mal
05-31-2011, 06:23 PM
Only this one with Clippers could happen. Clipps said that they need some vets cause they have too many young guys. Aminu isnt a deal breaker. Kaman is gone already. But could 2 vets and cap relief be enough....

spectator
06-01-2011, 01:49 AM
cle / phi / clippers / suns deals are weird. i don't know how much toronto likes their players, but my initial reaction was no.

the nola trade would work only if the nola folks don't think they have a real shot at keeping chris paul. they get to lock tp for 4 years at a good price, but they pay that price by locking rj for 3 years at a bad deal. in any case, i think the spurs might have to sweeten the pot with another young, cheap (salary) player like gary neal.

even then, i would do that deal in a second. the spurs need to rebuild in 2 years anyway, with duncan-ginobili retiring. might as well have one last crack at it with a better pg - cp3 and a better defensive sf - trevor ariza. the sg position is jammed anyway with manu-ghill-anderson, so losing neal would not hurt as much.

jjktkk
06-01-2011, 02:02 AM
The Spurs FO has got alot of work to do trying to find ways to improve this team. If they do make a big move, it will probably involve taking on bad contracts, to get rid of RJ.

elec99
06-01-2011, 10:17 AM
I think you can get rid of rj if packaged with TP and a retiring Dice, but it'll be tough. I wouldnt mind trading TP not because of anything he has said, be if you look at the hottest PGs they are the ones who can elevate and take a decent jumper. TP is not consistent in this area.