PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NBA Playoffs...Disappointing

Spurtacus
05-27-2011, 01:05 PM
One has to only look at the Conference Finals for proof. I mean, 4-1 in each conference. Seriously? In the entire 2011 playoffs only one series went 7 games (OKC/Memphis). Thankfully we only had two sweeps.

Sure, we had some competitive & entertaining games. But I imagine the NBA isn't too happy with the lack of extended series this postseason. I'm not a happy fan.

I guess the Spurs getting knocked out in round 1 didn't help.

daspurs
05-27-2011, 01:06 PM
YoU in Da ChoPPa ZoNe

Bill_Brasky
05-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Game 4 of POR/DAL, game 4 of MEM/OKC(well the whole series but especially game 4), games 4 and 5 of BOS/MIA, games 4 and 5 of MIA/CHI, games 4 and 5 of DAL/OKC were all incredibly fun to watch.

z0sa
05-27-2011, 01:15 PM
I thought the Lakers/Mavs series would be much better (IE closer), that's really all I think was disappointing about these play-offs thus far.

lefty
05-27-2011, 01:17 PM
One has to only look at the Conference Finals for proof. I mean, 4-1 in each conference. Seriously? In the entire 2011 playoffs only one series went 7 games (OKC/Memphis). Thankfully we only had two sweeps.

Sure, we had some competitive & entertaining games. But I imagine the NBA isn't too happy with the lack of extended series this postseason. I'm not a happy fan.

4-1 doesnt mean it was not competitive

In the West, the Mavs had to make 2 big comebacks

In the East, there were 2 very close games that went down to the wire

So those series were more competitive than they looked, it's not as if all games were blowouts

WraithXx
05-27-2011, 01:17 PM
anything that means less money for fuckhead Stern is good enough for me.

Spurtacus
05-27-2011, 01:19 PM
I thought the Lakers/Mavs series would be much better (IE closer), that's really all I think was disappointing about these play-offs thus far.

You weren't disappointed with the Conference Finals results? 4-1, 4-1.

Spurtacus
05-27-2011, 01:21 PM
4-1 doesnt mean it was not competitive

In the West, the Mavs had to make 2 big comebacks

In the East, there were 2 very close games that went down to the wire

So those series were more competitive than they looked, it's not as if all games were blowouts

The comebacks by the Mavs and Heat were fun to watch. I did say there were some entertaining games. But I ultimately feel let down by this postseason. I thought more matchups would go 6, 7 games.

lefty
05-27-2011, 01:24 PM
The comebacks by the Mavs and Heat were fun to watch. I did say there were some entertaining games. But I ultimately feel let down by this postseason. I thought more matchups would go 6, 7 games.
I expected the Mavs to beat OKC in 5

In the East, I did pick Miami but not in 5; but again, if Rose made his shots late in games 4 and/or 5, the series wouldnt be over by now

However, the Mavs sweep of the Lakers....I didnt see THAT coming :lol

z0sa
05-27-2011, 01:26 PM
You weren't disappointed with the Conference Finals results? 4-1, 4-1.

Disappointed isn't the right word imho. More like underwhelmed.

The games were fun to watch but it felt like the momentum in each series carried the team who had it in a way that the other team just couldn't keep up.

I think much of that has to do with two of the best teams, Chicago and OKC, being fairly young and inexperienced, and needing that emotional high/drive to really play their best.

Spurtacus
05-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Disappointed isn't the right word imho. More like underwhelmed.

The games were fun to watch but it felt like the momentum in each series carried the team who had it in a way that the other team just couldn't keep up.

I think much of that has to do with two of the best teams, Chicago and OKC, being fairly young and inexperienced.

This is true.

I guess the positive side of these playoffs is that newer, younger teams are making their presence known. No Lakers, No Celtics, No Spurs in the Conference Finals.

z0sa
05-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Yeah, that's been my observation as well, DunParGin. This playoff has been a changing of the guard.

The Mavs are the most experienced team together but their philosophy and lineup since 08 (the year of LA's resurgence, Spurs/Lakers and Celtics in conference finals, etc) has been hugely altered.

endrity
05-27-2011, 01:53 PM
I also expected a few more epic series the way the regular season played out. And really the best round was the first. But all of a sudden some of the teams got old right in front of us, i.e Lakers, Spurs and Celtics. I expect the Lakers to be relevant again, but this is the end of the line for the other two.

Chicago and OKC turned out to be not so ready. NY needs to fill up the rest of the roster. In many ways Miami really has no big rivals right now around the league. An other team needs to rise quickly or this will a very dull 5-6 years.

Kai
05-27-2011, 02:37 PM
I've actually enjoyed this year's playoffs quite a bit.

Spurtacus
05-27-2011, 02:39 PM
these playoffs were great..2 new teams that we haven't see in a while making it all the way, lakers getting knocked off, new exciting teams like the thunder and grizzlies, you smokin crack son.

Seeing the new teams rise was great. But I'm looking at the overall picture. Matchups that were supposed to go to 6, 7 games went to 4 or 5. Most teams downs 3-1 couldn't win that must win. I miss the thrill of a Game 7.

Giuseppe
05-27-2011, 02:41 PM
I'd like to have the Lakers still there, but, after three straight years of obsessing/ruminating constantly each April-June, the old lady was at her wit's end with it. All Hell breaking loose in the living room on good or bad events brought her out of the bedroom on several occasions during that three year span. I was run off from the house twice, and had to watch it at Best Buy with all the Lakers hater pretending I was one of 'em so they would'nt beat me up.

It's nice watching without a tangible stake, I must admit.

John Basedow
05-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Lame playoffs but the Finals should more than make up for it imo

jjktkk
05-27-2011, 03:58 PM
I'd like to have the Lakers still there, but, after three straight years of obsessing/ruminating constantly each April-June, the old lady was at her wit's end with it. All Hell breaking loose in the living room on good or bad events brought her out of the bedroom on several occasions during that three year span. I was run off from the house twice, and had to watch it at Best Buy with all the Lakers hater pretending I was one of 'em so they would'nt beat me up.

It's nice watching without a tangible stake, I must admit.

:lol We're you wearing your Steve Nash jersey cully?

Jodelo
05-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Game 4 of POR/DAL, game 4 of MEM/OKC(well the whole series but especially game 4), games 4 and 5 of BOS/MIA, games 4 and 5 of MIA/CHI, games 4 and 5 of DAL/OKC were all incredibly fun to watch.

Donīt feel that way...

Ghazi
05-27-2011, 04:24 PM
I love these playoffs :)..

Brazil
05-27-2011, 04:46 PM
I love these playoffs :)..

sure you do !

in 6 dallas will finish it

Amarelooms
05-27-2011, 04:48 PM

Spurs suck son and are officially irrelevant,,,won't win crap for next 5-10 years...sorry

:elephant

Ghazi
05-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Spurs suck son and are officially irrelevant,,,won't win crap for next 5-10 years...sorry

sucks for you... since you quit on the Mavs for the Spurs in January

:lol pedarsag
:lol quitting on Mavs
:lol not allowed to enjoy it when we win it in June

DMC
05-27-2011, 09:12 PM
One of the best playoffs I recall in the past 10 years actually. It's great to see first time teams get some air time. OKC don't even have real uniforms yet (I once thought their uniforms were makeshift, until they could get real ones made) and they get to the WCF. What other team made a move and did that well that fast?

Then you have Memphis, what a shot in the arm for them to get that monkey off their backs. They looked really good, poised and held on pretty well considering.

The old guard were ousted early, fresh faces (somewhat) have entered the fray and now we get to put to rest ring talk for at least one of the two greatest players in the game.

I never watch the Eastern Conference until the Conference Finals. The teams are just too lopsided.

DMC
05-27-2011, 09:15 PM

You sucked their nuts dry already this year with your nuzzling at their loin.

Spurtacus
05-27-2011, 11:46 PM

4 is still greater then one. Nba hard salary cap coming will cripple your boyfriend cuban

100%duncan
05-27-2011, 11:56 PM
Actually a great play-offs,imho

baseline bum
05-28-2011, 12:23 AM
It's been a pretty awesome playoffs, 8 notwithstanding. Still, the super-skunker was a thing of beauty.

Girasuck
05-28-2011, 01:09 AM
Maybe you guys should watch the REAL playoffs going on right now. The NBA playoffs can't hold a candle to the NHL playoffs.

baseline bum
05-28-2011, 02:44 PM
^ Let me guess... the NBA playoffs has sucked since 1998?

Isitjustme?
05-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Anyone who thinks nhl>nba is a blatant racist imho

SourCandy
05-29-2011, 08:48 AM
I was let down a bit (lakers obviously) but most of the games were competitive. Surprised more games didn't go 6 or 7. Okc and grizz was the best series for me.
:lol @ game 4

Giuseppe
05-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Maybe you guys should watch the REAL playoffs going on right now. The NBA playoffs can't hold a candle to the NHL playoffs.

That lone championship trophy the NHL bestows is a true wonderment upon the earth. The sport means nothing to me, but, to see that thing get passed around player-to-player in full knowledge that it is not replica 1 of a 100 replicas is a heart pounding sight.

TampaDude
05-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Both conference finals went 4-1. That's Stern's secret message for those of us smart enough to see it.

Mavs will win it all. It's a lock.

Giuseppe
05-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Mavs will win it all. It's a lock.

It has that feel to it, I'll admit.

It's just that it would leave James holding a heavy shit sandwich. Dirk, being Nordic white, his shit sandwich at loss would be neglible and he would be permitted to consume it in private, but, James, being black, he'll have his force fed to him in broad daylight.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
05-29-2011, 09:20 AM
I expected longer series, but am satisfied with what's happened. Clearly, the finalists are playing the best ball, by far. Should be a fun finals. Dallas wins.

TampaDude
05-29-2011, 09:24 AM
That lone championship trophy the NHL bestows is a true wonderment upon the earth. The sport means nothing to me, but, to see that thing get passed around player-to-player in full knowledge that it is not replica 1 of a 100 replicas is a heart pounding sight.

Yup...gotta love the Stanley Cup...my wife and I actually got to touch it back in 2004 when the Lightning won it. :hat

TampaDude
05-29-2011, 09:25 AM
It's just that it would leave James holding a heavy shit sandwich. Dirk, being Nordic white, his shit sandwich at loss would be negligible and he would be permitted to consume it in private, but, James, being black, he'll have his force fed to him in broad daylight.

:lmao

JoeTait75
05-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Well, we ended up with what should be a great Finals match-up, two fairly evenly matched teams that deserve to be there, a lot of compelling storylines, so in that respect we should have no complaints.

TampaDude
05-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Well, we ended up with what should be a great Finals match-up, two fairly evenly matched teams that deserve to be there, a lot of compelling storylines, so in that respect we should have no complaints.

Yup...whoever wins, I'll be happy...I'm just going to kick back and enjoy the Finals. :toast

DMC
05-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Maybe if I was in a bar in Fucksham Pennsylvania drinking a Yeungling and eating brats, I would watch hockey. I'm not so I'm not.

ohmwrecker
05-29-2011, 05:18 PM
:lmao hockey

monosylab1k
05-29-2011, 06:17 PM
:lol @ NHL playoffs being better. Pardon me if i'm not interested in a sport that's doesn't have the adrenaline rush of football, the strategy of baseball, the skill or improvisation of basketball, and where fighting is allowed so that people will actually watch.

:lol people would rather watch cars drive around in circles for hours than watch hockey, i think that says it all.

Ice009
05-29-2011, 08:24 PM
I don't know, but I do kind of agree. I just didn't think either OKC or the Bulls would make the conference finals and when they did they both lost 4-1. It's good that new teams got there, but for me it was weird as I still thought the Lakers and Spurs were better than some of these teams, but they ended up losing way earlier than I expected.

IMO the seeding screwed up the brackets. I would have thought a Spurs Vs Mavs or Lakers Vs Mavs WCF would have been better and a Miami Vs Boston ECF would have been the bigger match ups as these teams usually step up and play even better when they get to that point. OKC and the Bulls seemed to play worse the bigger the stage got.

phxspurfan
05-29-2011, 08:52 PM
the super-skunker

That was the only cool thing about these playoffs IMO. The rest has been a mashed up random guys going off for games of their lives while the Heat sneak away with a championship.

Bill_Brasky
05-29-2011, 08:56 PM
:lol @ NHL playoffs being better. Pardon me if i'm not interested in a sport that's doesn't have the adrenaline rush of football, the strategy of baseball, the skill or improvisation of basketball, and where fighting is allowed so that people will actually watch.

:lol people would rather watch cars drive around in circles for hours than watch hockey, i think that says it all.

Ever watch hockey? It's actually a pretty damn brutal sport.

mavsfan1000
05-29-2011, 09:35 PM
Great playoffs tbh. Stern wanted another Miami/Dallas reunion and got it. We know that no one beats his Heat though.

Killakobe81
05-29-2011, 10:02 PM
we have seen plenty of close games, but 4-1, 4-0 etc is still not a great series ...

Kyle Orton
05-29-2011, 10:07 PM
:lmao honky sport loving Utah fan
:lmao being entertained by a bunch of dumb Canadians slapping a puck around aimlessly
:lmao Canadian sports
:lmao dumb inbred faggot

Ghazi
05-29-2011, 10:20 PM
welcome back DoK... I know that Marion performance took a lot outta you.. glad to see you've recovered.. :)..

Kyle Orton
05-29-2011, 10:22 PM
This message is hidden because Ghazi is on your ignore list (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

monosylab1k
05-29-2011, 10:26 PM
Ever watch hockey? It's actually a pretty damn brutal sport.

So is MMA, doesn't make it any less faggy.

Ghazi
05-29-2011, 10:28 PM
This message is hidden because Ghazi is on your ignore list (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

:rolleyes