Bruno
05-27-2011, 03:59 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_josh_mcroberts.jpg
Born: Feb 28, 1987
Height: 6-10 / 2.08
Weight: 240 lbs. / 108.9 kg.
College: Duke
Years Pro: 3

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/josh_mcroberts/career_stats.html)

dbestpro
05-27-2011, 05:02 PM
This guy could surprise with consistent minutes.

yavozerb
05-27-2011, 05:11 PM
With the team salary at around 35 mil. and with only 2 other bigs under contract, I expect him to return to Indiana.

Spurs da champs
05-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Really improved from last season to this season. Pacers will likely over pay him.

Why? Didn't see that improvement in the PO's.

pad300
05-27-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm not sure if he'll get a lot from the pacers or not. But if I was the Spurs, I'd certainly talk to McRoberts' agent. I don't expect him to get big money, and he might be a good cheap get.

Mr. Body
06-19-2011, 04:34 AM
He's also from the Indianapolis area. He may be pretty content being there right now.

objective
12-02-2011, 04:44 AM
I'm starting to look this guy's way as a possible get if the Spurs don't keep McDyess. He's not that great, but he can spread the floor okay and is athletic. And he might be able to be had for less than the full MLE.

With the team salary at around 35 mil. and with only 2 other bigs under contract, I expect him to return to Indiana.

They're supposed to be targeting a PF/C to go with Hibbert (like West or Nene), while keeping Hansborough to be the bench big, so he might not be in their long term plans.

Plus, McRoberts is telling the media in Indy that he doesn't expect to be back (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NBA&id=1379&line=163609&spln=1).

Unrestricted free agent Josh McRoberts told Indianapolis radio host JMV on Thursday that he doesn't feel like the Pacers want him to return this season.

Why? Didn't see that improvement in the PO's.

apparently he was injured at the end of the season and played hurt in the playoffs.

mountainballer
12-02-2011, 06:30 AM
McRoberts is a great idea, if he signs for something like 2-3M per.
on the other hand: he isn't starter material, would be a nice backup PF at best.
we already have backup PFs in Blair and Bonner. (maybe even Leonard, in small ball line ups). so he doesn't really improve us, b/c we need a starter material big.
sure, if they can somehow dump Bonner and replace him with McRoberts, do it. but we know this won't happen.

tdunk21
12-02-2011, 10:22 AM
on the other hand: he isn't starter material, would be a nice backup PF at best.
we already have backup PFs in Blair and Bonner. (maybe even Leonard, in small ball line ups). so he doesn't really improve us, b/c we need a starter material big.
sure, if they can somehow dump Bonner and replace him with McRoberts, do it. but we know this won't happen.

:toast

dbestpro
12-03-2011, 02:07 PM
If Bonner and Blair can start for the Spurs this guy could start. He is the kind of player that when given the minutes his numbers will excel and everyone will wonder where he's been hiding.

TheProfessor
12-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Looks like Lakers might be thinking something similar, since they're losing a couple of bench bigs in Smith and Ratliff - http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7308313/gm-says-los-angeles-lakers-likely-limited-free-agency-cba

ChuckD
12-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Dukie. Pass.

ducks
01-01-2012, 12:16 AM
seemed like he is helping lakers

k_nguyen93
01-05-2012, 12:48 AM
Really mad Spurs didn't pick this guy up. I think he signed for something like 2 years/$2 million?

Maddog
01-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Really mad Spurs didn't pick this guy up. I think he signed for something like 2 years/$2 million?

One never knows. The Spurs could have made inquiries but he chose LA.
Who knew they where talking to Ike

Mel_13
01-05-2012, 02:12 PM

2yrs/6M