PDA

View Full Version : Tony was huge too!

2centsworth
06-09-2005, 11:37 PM
Had a couple of bad turnovers, but his buckets were huge. If you can't appreciate what he did I question your knowledge of basketball.

ducks
06-09-2005, 11:38 PM
you better be carefully the haters will tell you he sucks and sucked

Mr. Body
06-09-2005, 11:38 PM
He played bigger than I thought he would, and turned up the defensive pressure on Billips (the high traps were also effective, so props to Pop). He needs to keep it up all series long.

Timoha
06-09-2005, 11:39 PM
I liked how Tony played in this game. He sometimes folds under physical defense but didn't do so today. He had a nice game. :)

ChumpDumper
06-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Don't jump and pass.

That is all.

IX_Equilibrium
06-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Don't jump and pass.

That is all.

no shit

myhc
06-10-2005, 12:53 AM
Don't jump and pass.

That is all.

Yep. Guy was starting to stink up the game but he came back strong with some big buckets. Kid is growing up before our very eyes. Guy kept on attacking the basket and good things were happening when he did. Tony is the KEY to this series IMO.

2centsworth
06-10-2005, 12:54 AM
Without Tony's tough buckets in the 1st half the spurs would have been down by 20 something.

SuperManu!!!
06-10-2005, 12:55 AM
I'm just tired that he keeps going for the rim and can't finish the layup. He must go back to the teardrop.

myhc
06-10-2005, 12:57 AM
I loved that one play when he passed it to Tim on the right block, got the ball back and looked like he was going to go back out but then circled around straight to the hole and scored. I think that was when Wallace was called for the goaltend? Keep attacking Tony, keep attacking.

2centsworth
06-10-2005, 12:57 AM
I'm just tired that he keeps going for the rim and can't finish the layup. He must go back to the teardrop.
WTF? except for the first qtr where everyone missed easy shots he was money from in close. It's ok to be a Manu lover and still give Tony his due.

Mr. Body
06-10-2005, 12:59 AM
I like Tony scrapping. There was one play he scrummed off his own missed shot and rolled it in at point blank. Say anything about the guy, but he's ballsy.

Dre_7
06-10-2005, 01:00 AM
I am glad he kept going to the rim. Its when he settles for jumpshots that he makes me mad. I would rather have missed layup then missed jumpers. Layups at least draw defenders away from our bigs and allows for a better chance at O Rebs if he misses. Keep attacking Tony!!!

SouthernFried
06-10-2005, 01:07 AM
Tony stepped up tonite. He played strong.

Ya, he had some turnovers going into DT's defense...but, you gotta give props to DT, they are the 2nd best defensive team in the league.

I'll take the TONY taking it strong, to the TONY hanging around on the outside watching TIM and MANU, any day of the week.

SuperManu!!!
06-10-2005, 01:07 AM
u know the trick tony does to draw a foul or make it look like he got fouled

when he goes up..the ball remains close to the ground..but tony keeps going up to the basket (or rafters somethings) witout the ball and flare his arms

he did that 5-6 times and only got one foul

Thank you!
YOu keep attacking the rim if you get the foul....besides, parker is a lousy FT shooter. He is more effective with the teardrop; unless of course you have no one under the rim

MaNuMaNiAc
06-10-2005, 01:09 AM
WTF? except for the first qtr where everyone missed easy shots he was money from in close. It's ok to be a Manu lover and still give Tony his due.
I think Tony did decent enough tonight, but I think you're a moron for bringing up the "It's ok to be a Manu lover and still give Tony his due" shit. Whats with that? now noone can criticise TP because if they do they are imediately "Manu lovers" and are biased?? There's a lot of shit TP didn't do well today, and there's plenty of shit Manu didn't do well today also. Just because someone criticises a player doesn't mean the imediately are biased and don't know what the hell they're talking about. I admit there are some in here that are talking out of their ass, but some complaints are legitimate. Seriously, you people need to stop bringing up the "you're bashing on TP because you're a Manu lover" shit, it gets old.

Gatita
06-10-2005, 01:09 AM
Regardless, I am not a big fan of Tony, but he did show up today. Which of course, is what mattered to me. :)

jcrod
06-10-2005, 01:14 AM
Had a couple of bad turnovers, but his buckets were huge. If you can't appreciate what he did I question your knowledge of basketball.

You're wasting your fingers, nobody well see it. They'll just see the turnovers to assist. Believe me!!!!!!!