View Full Version : 2011 Free Agent: Kyrylo Fesenko

Bruno
05-27-2011, 05:42 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_kyrylo_fesenko.jpg
Born: Dec 24, 1986
Height: 7-1 / 2.16
Weight: 280 lbs. / 127.0 kg.
Years Pro: 3

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kyrylo_fesenko/career_stats.html)

venitian navigator
05-27-2011, 05:46 PM
...worth a try.

TimmehC
05-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Do want. Defense, defense, defense.

Spurs da champs
05-27-2011, 05:58 PM
No, Dude can't rebound for shit for being so big.

Vic Petro
06-24-2011, 04:36 PM
I think this guy will be the backup plan to Gustavo Ayon

benefactor
06-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Dude is huge(even if he does look like a 13yr old in the face). If it's for cheap, why not?

yavozerb
06-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Dude is huge(even if he does look like a 13yr old in the face). If it's for cheap, why not?

Never seen him in person, but the guy makes other big men look pretty normal on tv..

benefactor
06-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Never seen him in person, but the guy makes other big men look pretty normal on tv..
I didn't even know he existed for a while. Then one day he came off the Jazz bench and I was like..."damn, who is that big fucking teenager?"

Spurtacus
06-24-2011, 05:03 PM
If we're thinking short term Duncan era then I believe he would be a good fit & compliment to Duncan. Long term we need a big who can score.

Tyrone Jenkins
06-27-2011, 07:05 PM
I agree, guy has upside despite not being a great rebounder he would clog the lane, and with TD and Kawhi we have guys who can rebound the ball.

Ian Mahinmi is huge. Hasheen Thabeet is 7'2". Manute Bol was 7'6". All three guys are/were HORRIBLE.

Just being young and tall doesn't mean they're worth picking up and putting on the team.

GSH
06-27-2011, 07:15 PM
The Jazz were pretty high on him when they drafted him. Less so as time went by. My understanding is that he just doesn't seem to get it that there is a big gap between his play and the very good bigs in the league. Like he honestly believes his play is better than it really is. That sort of kills some of the motivation to get better.

He could probably get more minutes with a coach that is less demanding than Sloan. Wouldn't make him better, but it would increase his numbers some. I think he would have benefitted a lot from a couple of years overseas.

After what happened against the Griz, I would be interested in just about anyone who could plug the middle - at least a little bit. But so far Fesenko hasn't shown any signs of being a game changer.

sinok
07-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Spurs should go get him, with some training he could be the next Marc Gasol.

Just needed my LOLSCOUT injection of the day. Found it and it was awsome...
:lmao

ChuckD
07-18-2011, 06:45 PM
If you're just looking for a big body project, pick someone who's a little younger than twenty five and a half years old. Even if he pans out, he's going to be like 30 before he's anything.

benefactor
12-15-2011, 07:55 AM
What the hell...go get him.

NickiRasgo
12-15-2011, 10:39 AM
OT:

I don't if it just only me but at first look, he looks like Carl from The Walking Dead:

http://www.amctv.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/CharactersTWDS2-Carl.jpg

On topic:

Spurs should get him just like what other just said, not a bad signing I think because we really need some "size" in the interior.

cutewizard
12-15-2011, 10:53 AM
I agree that we should give Fesenko a try at least. You cannot teach height, and already his addition will give us depth:

but i have an additional suggestion: why dont we get BOTH Fesenko and Asia's basketball superstar, the forward/center Yi Jianlian, and suddenly, we have one of the tallest frontcourt rotations in the NBA:

Splitter and Duncan in the first team
Fesenko and Blair in the second team
and then Yi Jianlian

not very bad, huh......we are set!!!

cutewizard
12-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Fesenko's height plus Blair's power:

a nice combo in the second unit, lets get it on.....

admiralsnackbar
12-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Another goof ball. You havnt seen the guy play I see. Marc Gasol was a nobody with the same biuld and scouting report as Fesenko. Thats why Gasol went in the second round.

We need a big body, and he provides that. Guy is a monster. Needs some work but he could be solid in a few years, or we can keep playing Blair and Bonner at the 5.

When you start cashing checks for scouting or hell even playing college ball then you can talk.

Until then go listen to the herd to get your news.

First off... M. Gasol isn't a walking foul like Fesenko. All the rebounds in the world don't count for much if you repeatedly lose possessions to foul trouble.

Second... what a shit overall argument you make. Our current front line is dogshit, therefore we should hire a guy who's already started back-sliding 4 years into his career to help us? We already had Ian Mahinmi and Pops Mensah Bonsu in the role of promising bigs with no understanding of how to avoid foul trouble, thanks. One more walk-on part for that character won't make us competitive.

For better or worse, I try to take people at their word, but when a guy who is supposed to watch people play for a living starts dropping maxims like big hands = bad shooter as if they had factual value instead of discussing a player's tangible data and demonstrable skillset, or when they offer canny team-building advice like what you're shoveling now, it's really easy to see you're trolling, lying, or speeding towards unemployment.

Obstructed_View
12-15-2011, 03:03 PM
I'd have loved Mahinmi's thirty-six fouls against Memphis.

admiralsnackbar
12-15-2011, 04:04 PM
I'd have loved Mahinmi's thirty-six fouls against Memphis.
I doubt you mean that -- the end-game point differentials just would have just been stacked + 12 in favor of the Grizz until Pop put Ian back on the DNPCD list.

In that series (and in general), we either needed somebody to bully Gasol and Randolph out of the paint, or somebody to counter their scoring (both would be nice, too). But given Mahinmi is neither a badass enforcer, a smart rebounder, nor a gifted scorer, I don't see what he would have contributed besides some spectacular weak-side blocks that got called as fouls.

We need a physical big. Bad. And maybe something (Fesenko) is better than nothing, I guess... but I feel a shitload of ambivalence about this season going in. Without a 4-5 to replace the yawning chasm left by Dice (and very few FAs even looking to be capable of that kind of production, much less capable of eclipsing it as we need them to), signing some Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man to hopefully round his game out into mediocrity in the next few years isn't something to hoot about and clamor for -- it's just a preemptive admission of defeat IMO. And if we're blowing shit up, why spend good money on lousy players in the first place?

benefactor
12-15-2011, 04:27 PM
And maybe something (Fesenko) is better than nothing,
Basically where I'm coming from.

ChumpDumper
12-26-2011, 02:29 PM
25 year old 7-2 guys who can move are hard to come by.In that case I'd rather try a 23 year old 7-5 guy who can move and hasn't already failed in the NBA.

lmbebo
12-27-2011, 06:49 PM
i think it was posted on twitter that he's going to golden state.

Anonymous Cowherd
12-27-2011, 07:20 PM
1 year $1m is very nice work by GSW if true. You'd have to wonder why he chose there as he could have got paid that somewhere else with more minutes for him.

ace3g
12-30-2011, 04:53 PM
sam_amick Sam Amick
Deal was agreed on in principle and pending physical. Unclear why it went south here.
19 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Sam Amick
sam_amick Sam Amick
Warriors GM Larry Riley tells local media that GS decided to go in a different direction in relation to free agent C Kryrlo Fesenko

ChumpDumper
12-30-2011, 05:21 PM
He is terrible, but Bonner is currently worse.

benefactor
12-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Yeah...and at 1yr/1 million there's not much risk involved.

ChumpDumper
12-30-2011, 05:32 PM
I guess, if they believe he has upside. I'm not sure he does.

objective
12-30-2011, 06:40 PM
He hurt his knee in September and with his reputation for laziness maybe he's in terrible shape. Could that be why GS soured on him?

I like him okay as a situational back-up if he's in shape. He has legit NBA strength and size. He just had a reputation from some Jazz fans as either having a terrible work ethic or just being dumb.

CGD
02-18-2012, 10:37 PM
This guys is still on the market; might be worth a look depending of how long Splitter will be out. According to this, the Bucks are looking at him: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/139577198.html

acoelho1
02-19-2012, 10:09 AM
I don't recall seeing Fesenko play with the Jazz or know his current conditioning but he moves pretty well for a guy his size. If the rumors are true that he is lazy than I would take a pass but I'm sure Pop can give a call to coach Sloan to get further insights.

You can't teach size.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9D2PQdRPiw

LittleCriminal
10-19-2012, 05:31 PM
To those who want him.....http://www.hoopsworld.com/chicago-bulls-waive-kyrylo-fesenko/

Bruno
10-19-2012, 11:13 PM
The situation with Chicago and Fesenko is interesting. Chicago is really close to the apron and they can keep Fesenko or another player for the whole year. If they want to keep one of the training camp invite, they had to waive him and then re-signing him a month later. The issue with that plan is that when they waive him, another team might claim the player they want to keep from waivers.

Fesenko has only played 4 minutes in 1 preseason game, so it draws the question:
has he played that little because he was bad in practice or was he good and Bulls have decided to hide him to avoid another team claiming him form waivers when they had to waive him?

For Spurs, it didn't really matter because Curry is looking as a better option than Fesenko.