PDA

View Full Version : Rip Hamilton on the Podium

Experiment2100
06-09-2005, 11:39 PM
"I got every shot I wanted"

Did you want that Bowen block too?

E20
06-09-2005, 11:41 PM
Rip did have a lot of open looks, sometimes off of a switch he could have created for something off of the bigger defender but, he couldn't knock'em down.

mavsfan1000
06-09-2005, 11:44 PM
Bowen did as good of job as expected but Hamilton seems to shoot much better at home. He still had open shots even with Bowen.

Jimcs50
06-09-2005, 11:46 PM
He has to tell himslf that, for his psyche. He can not doubt his abilities now.

Pistons < Spurs
06-09-2005, 11:49 PM
Bowen was in his face, but he definetly got his fair share of openings. Overall we didn't shoot too great tonight....especially RIP.

Dre_7
06-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Rip did have a lot of open looks, sometimes off of a switch he could have created for something off of the bigger defender but, he couldn't knock'em down.

Yeah but all in all, Bowen was great against Rip. Now if he can find that shooting touch he seemed to have left bacl in Phx then it will be gravy

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Main Entry: de·ni·al
Pronunciation: di-'nI(-&)l, dE-
Function: noun
1 : refusal to satisfy a request or desire
2 a (1) : refusal to admit the truth or reality (as of a statement or charge) (2) : assertion that an allegation is false b : refusal to acknowledge a person or a thing : DISAVOWAL
3 : the opposing by the defendant of an allegation of the opposite party in a lawsuit
4 : SELF-DENIAL
5 : negation in logic
6 : a psychological defense mechanism in which confrontation with a personal problem or with reality is avoided by denying the existence of the problem or reality

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=denial&x=0&y=0

Pick one.

mavsfan1000
06-10-2005, 12:18 AM
The way Rip uses picks he is bound to have a big game. It wasn't today but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened next game.

Extra Stout
06-10-2005, 11:55 AM
If Rip wanted those shots, then his shot selection is crap.

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Dont expect Rip to keep missing those open shots.

Experiment2100
06-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Dont expect Rip to keep missing those open shots.

Don't expect Rip to keep getting those open shots.

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-10-2005, 12:50 PM
I guarantee he will see plenty of open shots.
He never runs out of gas.

duncan_21
06-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Reminds me of the suns,"We've got to show more heart", which is denialish for we aren't as good as the spurs.

So:

(I missed open shots) = damn I worked my ass off got tired missed contested shots and was too tired to make the open ones and that spurs team is better then my team

MainEvent
06-10-2005, 01:02 PM
Strictly speaking, he may have gotten shots that he wanted, but a good defender like Bowen forces you to get out of your rhythm, rush things, or hesitate just enough to throw you off, even when he's not right on you (and Bowen was right on him quite a bit) and you think you have a good look. It's why teams struggle to shoot well against the Pistons and the Spurs, they always have you thinking about somebody defending, even when the defense might not be as tight.

It will be interesting to see how Rip asjusts, because he hasn't see anybody all post-season who plays defense the way Bowen does.

TwoHandJam
06-10-2005, 01:30 PM
I guarantee he will see plenty of open shots.
He never runs out of gas.
You underestimate Bowen's conditioning. I know Rip is in phenonmenal shape but Bowen is in his league as far as conditioning. Trust me on this.

spur219
06-10-2005, 01:31 PM
Bowen and Manu don't run out of gas either.

NoMoneyDown
06-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Strictly speaking, he may have gotten shots that he wanted, but a good defender like Bowen forces you to get out of your rhythm, rush things, or hesitate just enough to throw you off, even when he's not right on you (and Bowen was right on him quite a bit) and you think you have a good look. It's why teams struggle to shoot well against the Pistons and the Spurs, they always have you thinking about somebody defending, even when the defense might not be as tight.

It will be interesting to see how Rip asjusts, because he hasn't see anybody all post-season who plays defense the way Bowen does.

This coming from a Pistons fan. You definately know a lot more outside your own team. Very nice.

MiNuS
06-10-2005, 01:35 PM
I don't know but sometimes I feel Bowen and Coyote are one in the same.They look alike.

MainEvent
06-10-2005, 01:39 PM
This coming from a Pistons fan. You definately know a lot more outside your own team. Very nice.

Being a Pistons' fan makes it easy. We've still got to deal with Laker fans that think they lost in the Finals last year because the Lakers "just weren't hitting their shots". For 5 straight games, that is.