PDA

View Full Version : 2006 NBA Finals on NBA TV

Barfunk
05-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Game 3 is on right now and then game 6 after.

Red Hawk #21
05-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Funny how they never show the games Dallas won.

picc84
05-28-2011, 12:29 PM
What would be the point?

endrity
05-28-2011, 12:38 PM
What would be the point?

Too see how calls changed the series?

I mean it's quite funny how once the Mavs were able to get in transition a bit, they completely torn them apart. The FTs not only gave the Heat extra points, they slowed down the game quite a bit for the Mavs.

endrity
05-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Game 3 is on right now and then game 6 after.

Check out the last minutes and the free throw parade.

Games 5 and 6 are worse.

Damn it, why can't I get my memory cleaned up from those games. I remember them like it was yesterday.

ChrisRichards
05-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Funny how they never show the games Dallas won.

No one wants to see games won by the 1st place losers.

Giuseppe
05-28-2011, 12:48 PM

Games 5 and 6 are worse.

Damn it, why can't I get my memory cleaned up from those games. I remember them like it was yesterday.

"Years of hangin' on to dreams already gone."

mavsfan1000
05-28-2011, 12:50 PM
This is just torture to show those 2 games. I won't be watching.

MavDynasty
05-28-2011, 12:58 PM
No matter how hard the Mavs choked in Game 3 + refs calling 2 controversial calls, Dirk could have sent the game into overtime had he not missed the 2nd free throw with a few seconds left.

For whatever reason, Dallas didn't show up in Game 4 and handed away their series lead. Game 5 had a LOT of bullshit calls but the game could have been sealed had Josh Howard not call that retarded timeout as well as hit his fucking freethrows in crunch time and the overtime period.

It's sad that my only memory of Game 6 is Terry bricking the 3 pointer from the right side and Dwyane Wade lobbing the ball up in the air after the rebound.

Fuck.

BRHornet45
05-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Sons there is no question that the 06 finals were one the best examples of how cheating in professional sports still exist. The NBA was desperate to push another star player to the top and with Wade being in his 3rd season that year he was an obvious and easy choice for them.

Isitjustme?
05-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Its a conspiracy!

Ghazi
05-28-2011, 02:52 PM
Dallas choked but got shafted at the same time..

It's possible to win and still choke... but the refs didn't allow it.

Oh well... we'll get our revenge this year.

and BR Hornet, get on AIM DAWG!!!!

Bill_Brasky
05-28-2011, 02:54 PM

Games 5 and 6 are worse.

Maybe they should try not fouling so much.

Red Hawk #21
05-28-2011, 03:00 PM
The series was bad for two reasons. Wade was getting to the FT line everytime he was touched. And the Mavs actually started letting the bad reffing get to them, instead of coming together and doing everything to beat the Heat + Refs. Mavs clearly got rattled, this video shows exactly the problem of the 2006. It was a combo of Phantom fouls + mental lapses/chokes that doomed the Mavs.
dTKxxsDuDas

Barfunk
05-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Dallas choked but got shafted at the same time..

It's possible to win and still choke... but the refs didn't allow it.

Oh well... we'll get our revenge this year.

and BR Hornet, get on AIM DAWG!!!!

Yup... it was probably 50/50 choking and calls..... but that last PHANTOM FOUL on Wade (non intentional PHANTOM FOUL which I think might be one of the phantom calls shown on youtube) was a traveshamockery :bang

koriwhat
05-28-2011, 03:05 PM
get ready for part2 cause them boys from miami are about to run a train on them pussies from dallas.

BUMP'S LEFT FOOT
05-28-2011, 03:09 PM
get ready for part2 cause them boys from miami are about to run a train on them pussies from dallas.

just like Mr. Mann ran a train on his son Joey when he was 10 crofl

Spursnlego
05-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Did you notice how during game 3, they showed the schedule for the remaining games of the series. They showed games 4-6 and not game 7.

Rigged?

John Basedow
05-28-2011, 04:52 PM
That series was sketchy no doubt, but I don't wanna hear about Game 3. If you're up by 13 with around 5 minutes left in an NBA Finals game, you have no right to blame the officiating for such a chokejob. I'll agree with the sketchiness of Games 5 and 6, but stfu about Game 3. That was on the Mavs and the Mavs alone.

koriwhat
05-28-2011, 05:25 PM
just like Mr. Mann ran a train on his son Joey when he was 10 crofl

hardy har har... you're almost as funny as zach galifdrunkass. then again, he's not funny at all.

crc21209
05-28-2011, 06:07 PM
:lol Great series...:tu

crc21209
05-28-2011, 06:08 PM
No matter how hard the Mavs choked in Game 3 + refs calling 2 controversial calls, Dirk could have sent the game into overtime had he not missed the 2nd free throw with a few seconds left.

For whatever reason, Dallas didn't show up in Game 4 and handed away their series lead. Game 5 had a LOT of bullshit calls but the game could have been sealed had Josh Howard not call that retarded timeout as well as hit his fucking freethrows in crunch time and the overtime period.

It's sad that my only memory of Game 6 is Terry bricking the 3 pointer from the right side and Dwyane Wade lobbing the ball up in the air after the rebound.

Fuck.

This. We're some of the calls horrendous? Hell yeah, but the Mavs had plenty of chances to put Games 3 and 5 in the bag and couldnt do it....

Spurs da champs
05-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Dirk choked.

mavsfan1000
05-28-2011, 06:22 PM
This. We're some of the calls horrendous? Hell yeah, but the Mavs had plenty of chances to put Games 3 and 5 in the bag and couldnt do it....
Yeah but the Mavs would've won those games if the calls weren't horrendous.

Ghazi
05-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Not to mention Game 5 ENDED on a bad call.. nothing you can do when theres like 2 seconds left...

rightful 2006 champs.. :)

Gutter92
05-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Revisionist history by a mad fanbase. To be expected tbh

:lmao losing on the biggest stage of them all

:lmao being the first #1 seed to lose to an 8th seed in a best of 7 series

:lmao Dirk never being a champion while also holding the MVP award

:lmao:lmao

mavsfan1000
05-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Revisionist history by a mad fanbase. To be expected tbh

:lmao losing on the biggest stage of them all

:lmao being the first #1 seed to lose to an 8th seed in a best of 7 series

:lmao Dirk never being a champion while also holding the MVP award

:lmao:lmao
I guess you'll never understand being cheated of an nba championship feels like.

koriwhat
05-28-2011, 07:13 PM
I guess you'll never understand being cheated of an nba championship feels like.

sure we do and you can refer back to the wcf of 06 for the answer.

mavsfan1000
05-28-2011, 07:15 PM
sure we do and you can refer back to the wcf of 06 for the answer.
Nope. Dallas outplayed the Spurs and the Spurs averaged more free throws than Dallas as well. No one on Dallas could touch Duncan. Bowen was molesting Dirk.

MultiFabbs
05-28-2011, 07:20 PM
http://tedwilliamshead.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/twh-ralph_nose1.gif

I got cheated.

koriwhat
05-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Nope. Dallas outplayed the Spurs and the Spurs averaged more free throws than Dallas as well. No one on Dallas could touch Duncan. Bowen was molesting Dirk.

are you kidding me? here's just one stupid memory from that series i can't get out of my head... dirk stepping on duncan's foot as he's rolling through the lane just to get a phantom call and get bailed out by the refs. there's many other bs calls too that the mavs were gifted, remember now? fuckin' mav fans!

Ghazi
05-28-2011, 07:22 PM
just be happy for him (Dirk) in June.. k koriwhat? :)..

mavsfan1000
05-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Or feel terrible for what's going to happen in the finals again. Stern equals Satan.

mavsfan1000
05-28-2011, 07:25 PM
y4t5RMFt5u8

koriwhat
05-28-2011, 07:27 PM

i'll feel damn happy when i know that big germ is crying his ass off and kicking some more stationary bikes cause we all know them bitches in blue don't stand a chance.

mavsfan1000
05-28-2011, 07:28 PM
i'll feel damn happy when i know that big germ is crying his ass off and kicking some more stationary bikes cause we all know them bitches in blue don't stand a chance.
The Heat already won it thanks to "The Decisions".
dmePBk1YCYM

Sean Cagney
05-28-2011, 10:53 PM
That series was sketchy no doubt, but I don't wanna hear about Game 3. If you're up by 13 with around 5 minutes left in an NBA Finals game, you have no right to blame the officiating for such a chokejob. I'll agree with the sketchiness of Games 5 and 6, but stfu about Game 3. That was on the Mavs and the Mavs alone.

YEP they win that game 3 and this is OVER! OVER! 3-0 IT IS DONE! But blowing that left a door open for this and that, if they don't blow that game they get their title without the refs etc. etc. How the F do you blow that in a finals game?

Sean Cagney
05-28-2011, 10:56 PM
are you kidding me? here's just one stupid memory from that series i can't get out of my head... dirk stepping on duncan's foot as he's rolling through the lane just to get a phantom call and get bailed out by the refs. there's many other bs calls too that the mavs were gifted, remember now? fuckin' mav fans!

HELL YEAH! THen Finley getting a tech rescinded later on saying it was not a TECH and lost in OT, then Pop says that means we win by one right? Duncan fouled at the end of game 7 too, thats the things they chose to forget becuase their team won the series so no harm no foul! Spurs were jobbed some, Charles I QUOTE after a GAME we lost NBA REFS SUCK! I remember that plain as day.

Watch them refute this now as well.

BTW TIM FOULED OUT ON THAT BULLSHIT, right before OT.

Jacob1983
05-29-2011, 12:04 AM
Mavs got screwed big time but Dirk did choke. If he makes 1 more free throw or 1 more shot or 3 pointer, the Mavs probably win game 3. That's how bad it was. The Mavs and Dirk played like shit in game 3 and the Heat played lights out. Combine those two things with shitty calls against the Mavs and they lost. Those 4 games were so close that if Dirk or some other Mavericks player makes another free throw, shot, or 3 pointer, the Mavs would have won the Finals. That's how bad it was. I remember so many people riding Wade's dick and his free throw heroics but don't forget that the Mavs had to play like shit and the Heat had to play lights out for Wade to get his "gift".

stretch
05-30-2011, 09:33 AM
having watched the 2006 series over for the first time since they happened, i noticed a few things

1. harris and terry were such shit passers, especially when passing into the post. i forgot how horrible they were. a big reason people said haslem played dirk so well was because these dudes did not know how to pass into the post for shit, so haslem would be able to get a bunch of steals.

2. dirks jumper now, is much better than it was back then. he has changed a few things in it, which probably has made it more consistent. when looking, you can see they look different in comparison.

3. the mavs were a low IQ team, aside from Dirk. i forgot how many bad shots a game they would jack up, and get fortunate to hit some of them. they might have had a little more individual scoring talent overall than this current mavs team, but the IQ, ball-movement, and defensive tenacity of this mavs team makes this team unquestionably superior to that team IMO. 2011 mavs would kick the shit out of the 2006 mavs. at first, i was a little skeptical of Dirk constantly saying that this team was better than the 06 team, because I recall the scorers of that team, but forgot how bad the IQ of that team was, as well as how much better Chandler/Haywood actually is compared to Damp/Diop.

endrity
05-30-2011, 10:23 AM
having watched the 2006 series over for the first time since they happened, i noticed a few things

1. harris and terry were such shit passers, especially when passing into the post. i forgot how horrible they were. a big reason people said haslem played dirk so well was because these dudes did not know how to pass into the post for shit, so haslem would be able to get a bunch of steals.

2. dirks jumper now, is much better than it was back then. he has changed a few things in it, which probably has made it more consistent. when looking, you can see they look different in comparison.

3. the mavs were a low IQ team, aside from Dirk. i forgot how many bad shots a game they would jack up, and get fortunate to hit some of them. they might have had a little more individual scoring talent overall than this current mavs team, but the IQ, ball-movement, and defensive tenacity of this mavs team makes this team unquestionably superior to that team IMO. 2011 mavs would kick the shit out of the 2006 mavs. at first, i was a little skeptical of Dirk constantly saying that this team was better than the 06 team, because I recall the scorers of that team, but forgot how bad the IQ of that team was, as well as how much better Chandler/Haywood actually is compared to Damp/Diop.

To me the first reason is probably the biggest untalked reason not only for the 2006 failure, but most importantly 2007. I have seen games 3 and 4 from that series again and it amazed me how many times Dirk got amazing position on the block, similar to game 1 vs. OKC, and none of our guards could make a simply entry pass to him. That's one thing Kidd has improved, every pass goes where it's supposed to go.

stretch
05-30-2011, 03:50 PM
To me the first reason is probably the biggest untalked reason not only for the 2006 failure, but most importantly 2007. I have seen games 3 and 4 from that series again and it amazed me how many times Dirk got amazing position on the block, similar to game 1 vs. OKC, and none of our guards could make a simply entry pass to him. That's one thing Kidd has improved, every pass goes where it's supposed to go.

exactly.

In watching it through again, Haslem didn't guard Dirk nearly as well as people want to say. Dirk pretty much was able to get any shot he wanted at any time. the only difference now is Dirk is even more aggressive and a better shooter than he was in 2006. dirk is going to abuse the shit out of haslem this time around. most of what haslem did that seemed effective against dirk was typically because Harris and Terry were impatient and crappy passers to the post. either dirk would already have great position and they threw an awful pass, or dirk would be in the middle of fighting for position, and they would force the pass too soon.

to be fair though, dirk also has gotten better at receiving passes more aggressively. there were a few steals in 2006 that the Heat got off of rushed passes that dirk probably could have prevented if he went to the ball, instead of waiting for the ball to come to him.

IMO, the Heat had better pray that Bosh finds some way to bother Dirk, because Haslem has no chance, and I don't think Lebron would fare a whole lot better either, especially since he won't be able to play as aggressively as he would need to, in order to avoid fouls. Not to mention still being 4-5 inches shorter than Dirk. I really don't see how anyone can possibly play Dirk better than Collison did, especially as he was allowed to play more physical than I have ever seen anyone be allowed to play Dirk, and Dirk still abused the shit out of him.

Jacob1983
05-30-2011, 05:47 PM
Wade and Stern are probably watching this in Stern's hotel room with Wade giving Stern a bj. :lol
Stern's gonna get herpes.

Ghazi
05-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Wade and Stern are probably watching this in Stern's hotel room with Wade giving Stern a bj. :lol
Stern's gonna get herpes.

:lol

Jacob1983
05-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Meanwhile at Stern's hotel
Wade: Man, I love watching this shit. I can't thank you enough for what you did for me back in 2006 especially in the Finals. Thank you big time for all those free throws. I'm sorry I let you down on being the next Jordan. I can't help it that I'm a big pussy eventhough I've had things handed to me in the NBA.
Stern: Shush your mouth. You were wonderful in 2006. I am glad that I could help you out. I'm just thankful that you made most of those free throws that I told my minions to give you. I was really hoping you were going to be the next Jordan but it didn't work out. At least, we still have each other.
Wade: Daddy Stern, I need to tell you something.
Stern: What is it, sweet thing?
Wade: I have herpes.
Stern: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, I should have picked that damn Nazi to win back in 2006.

Banzai
05-30-2011, 06:57 PM
2011 finals is going to be rigged.

Jacob1983
05-30-2011, 07:24 PM
I'd love to see it rigged in the Mavs' favor. It would be was awesome to see the Heat get screwed and see their fans heartbroken. I would love to see it.

Sean Cagney
05-30-2011, 07:26 PM
2011 finals is going to be rigged.

Sheed quit because he said last years calls were bs in game 7! Lets watch it first before we say a thing is fixed man. I am sure questionable calls will be made, but what game do you see where some are not?

John Basedow
05-30-2011, 07:28 PM
Sheed quit b/c he's fucking old. Duncan should do likewise, especially since Pop doesn't give a shit about putting a legit big man next to him.

Cuckolded Sissy
05-30-2011, 08:06 PM
game 3 is on again Dirk was a lot quicker back then

picc84
05-30-2011, 08:23 PM
He was in more of a hurry is more like it.

Now he's methodical, patient, and most importantly, not running from anything.