PDA

View Full Version : Spurs & Lakers

Russo21
05-29-2011, 01:59 AM
A trade i think would be good if it went down would be

Tony Parker and Richard Jefferson (throw in Bonner just to get rid of him) for Pau Gasol and Ron Artest.

The numbers match. The Lakers get a big name PG well suited for hollywood and a former big name SF. Spurs get a legitimate 7 footer for the first time since the admiral who is great offensively and defensively and would pair with duncan like a dream. We also get tougher, bigger and much more defensive on the wing with artest who just 2 years ago shot 40% from downtown. We immediately become one of the longest and best defensive frontcourts in the league (back to the good ol days)

Spurs

Gasol
Duncan
Artest
Manu
Hill/ insert free agent starting PG

Not to shabby especially if we could then snag a pass first PG in free agency.

Lakers may do it. They would still be a formidable team with a lineup of

Bynum
Odom
RJ
Bryant
Parker

Good for both teams i think and a matchup i'd love to see in the playoffs! That Laker starting lineup looks pretty scary actually. We'd have to hope RJ continues to suck and that Kobe and Tony can't co-exist:blah

DMX7
05-29-2011, 02:11 AM
RJ for Luke straight up. BFFs!

Russo21
05-29-2011, 02:13 AM
RJ for Luke straight up. BFFs!

:p:Oh yeah i forgot Luke was on the Lakers. Geez they'd surely have the gayest locker room in the NBA lol. Someone on spurstalk has a classic photo of the BFF's looking all cosy together:lol

rascal
05-29-2011, 08:06 AM
The Lakers will still be better than the Spurs if that trade went down.

Frenzy
05-29-2011, 08:10 AM
You want pau after that performance?

Russo21
05-29-2011, 08:35 AM
Yes Frenzy i'd love Pau even after his poor playoff performance this year, which was pretty bad i agree. He's played fantastic the last 2 playoffs though averaging 18 11 2 blocks in 2009 and 20 11 2.1 in 2010 shooting well above 50% both times. If it wasn't for him the lakers wouldnt have gone back to back or even had 1 ring. People have bad series and this year was one for him.

And rascal. Yeah they probably would still be better then us. The lineup of Bynum Odom RJ Kobe and Parker looks scary as hell on paper. Bynum's fragile though, he could go down any day, and we'd have to hope RJ continues his shit play and that Kobe and Tony can't play together at all.

They'd still have a great lineup and probably be better then us still yes.

I really think both LA and San Antonio improve with that trade and would make for a seriously entertaining year.

I'm wandering what PG in this years free agent class could possibly run the team for us if that did go down cause i really wouldn't want George Hill running the point permanantly.

Nathan Explosion
05-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Why would the Lakers do this trade? Pau is a more valuable player than Parker would be, and they're about the same age if I'm not mistaken. Artest brings more to the court than Jefferson. Is Bonner supposed to put the trade over the top?

Venti Quattro
05-29-2011, 01:56 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Ice009
05-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Actually Pau Gasol's performance in the playoffs is one of the worst of all time for a player of his caliber.

People called D-Rob soft, but putting aside his inferior teammates his playoff numbers still blow Gasol's out of the water. Truly was one of the worst playoff runs ever and I don't know why people aren't calling Gasol out about it a lot more.

I don't think even TP has had a playoff run as bad as that, even in his rookie year he was better than Gasol was in these playoffs. This trade idea isn't very good, and you've really got nothing to laugh about after that performance by Pau, Venti.

Russo21
05-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Nathan the Lakers may do it to get a young all star calibre point guard to replace the old and slow derek fisher. Fisher would be a great backup to Tony with his maturity and poise and toughness but maybe fishers days with a starting job on a championship team are numbered. Lakers get huge upgrade at PG.

And ICE Maybe Pau's value is very low in LA after his poor playoff showing to. After the last two years fantastic playoff and finals series, one bad series isn't that bad a sign of the future for the spurs to sign him. Everyone has a bad series every now and then. Shit happens. He helped the Lakers win 2 rings before this year.

Artest and Jefferson i dunno. Maybe LA could think RJ could regain his swagger running alongside bynum odom kobe and co. and might think a flashier more offense orriented player might be better then Artest who has never been flashy and exciting.

It's really not a bad trade for either team. And no Nathan, throwing Bonner in doesn't put the trade over the top, i just thought it'd be fun to throw his name in there to get rid of him and to make contracts match nearly exact:-)

I just think it would help us and help them and make two awesome teams especially if we could bag a point guard in free agency i'd be so excited for next season to start:-)

cd98
05-30-2011, 09:10 AM
Pass on any deal that gives us Artest and his contract. Dude is in serious decline mentally and physically.