PDA

View Full Version : NBA finals analysis

dav4463
05-30-2011, 01:34 AM
I think it all depends on how the games are called. If there are a lot of "touch fouls" called and the teams combine for 70+ free throws per game, then Dallas is in good shape.

Dallas is a great free throw shooting team and they depend on Dirk to get his 12-15 (or 24!) trips to the line in order to win.

If they are allowed to play "Eastern Conference" basketball and players are allowed to play through contact with relatively few free throw attempts per game; then I think Miami's athleticism will take control of the series.

Remember, the Mavs have benefitted from "a lot" of freebies at the foul line. Miami is a team that does not foul (or at least it isn't called) much at all. I think they were the least penalized team this season as far as fouls called against them. Wade, James, and Bosh usually get the benefit of doubt.

Nowitski for the Mavs is their only true superstar. He will get the benefit of doubt most of the time, but I still think it comes down to how the games are called.

If it is called tight; I like Dallas. If they play basketball; I like Miami.

mavsfan1000
05-30-2011, 01:36 AM
What if Dallas gets called for touch fouls on Wade and James while the Heat can body up Dirk.

rayjayjohnson
05-30-2011, 02:31 AM
mavfans already think odds are stacked against them re refs.

why is that?

Fergie The Florists
05-30-2011, 02:49 AM
mavfans already think odds are stacked against them re refs.

why is that?

this is finals talk dumbazz, take your garbage "posting" abilities..err lack there of and go suck a dick and tell your mommy my dinner better be on the table.

Shank
05-30-2011, 08:20 AM
If they're allowed to "just play", then it leaves Dallas with Chandler on the floor for more minutes protecting the rim. I'd take that.