PDA

View Full Version : Turning 30

DeadlyDynasty
05-31-2011, 12:45 AM
I still have a little ways to go, but I remember as far back as 12 how I thought it was an eternity away. As I'm closing in on it I have this juvenile, somewhat unjustified fear that my life will not be the same. I don't know what it is, maybe you're looked at differently once you hit that magic #, or maybe it's you who looks at things differently. I guess I've always feared that my youth will be gone forever when I'm 30. Anybody else feel differently when they turned the big 3-0?

Time is a bitch...I remember watching the ball drop on 2000 in Times Square like it was yesterday. :lol

CuckingFunt
05-31-2011, 12:59 AM
I stressed about it like crazy (not as bad as I did about 25, though), but woke up that morning feeling exactly the same at 30 as I had at 29 and realized I was making a big deal out of nothing. Haven't stressed about either of the birthdays since.

Of course it helped that 30 was the first birthday I celebrated after finally having taken back my life and I was in a really good/happy place for the first time in almost a decade. Had my situation been the same on my 30th as on my 29th, I can imagine it would have been a bit more on the depressing side.

4>0rings
05-31-2011, 01:29 AM
I'm getting there, and I feel the same. To me it's more of, well at 30 you're supposed to have your shit together and now your fun's over, get ready to die.

dirk4mvp
05-31-2011, 01:38 AM
lol 30

when I was 12, 20 seemed like an eternity off. Now I'll be able to buy alcohol legally in a little less than a month :jack

Strike
05-31-2011, 01:45 AM
Turning 30 didn't really bug me at all. Since I hit 25 in 2003, I've not only not celebrated a birthday, I've barely even given my age much thought. There have been a few times where I've thought "This isn't where my life should be at this point" but I generally don't dwell on such things. Maybe I could or should be in a better place both personally and professionally, but I could definitely be in a much worse place now, too.

Ed Lover
05-31-2011, 02:03 AM
c'mon son

are you gonna buy a red convertible and completely change your lifestyle?

thafuckouttaherewitdatboolshit

you're 30, not 60. don't be a cliche' son

Creepn
05-31-2011, 03:26 AM
The main downer to turning 30 are your expectations. I expected to make a million dollars by 30.

benefactor
05-31-2011, 05:41 AM
As CF said...it all in your head.

Honestly, I didn't really stress at all. When people asked how I felt I just told them what Doc Holliday said when asked if he was retired.

spursfan09
05-31-2011, 08:07 AM
I think it depends on where you are at 30. I'm 25 and I was not even freaking out like my other friends were. I graduated from college, and I'm getting married so I feel like I'm exactly where I need to be. If at 30 I feel like I haven't accomplished what i would like to do by then, then I might freak out about it. But there's no telling if things will work out by then. I'm not even sure what I want by then. :lol

Leetonidas
05-31-2011, 08:09 AM
lol 30

when I was 12, 20 seemed like an eternity off. Now I'll be able to buy alcohol legally in a little less than a month :jack

6 days over here, I'll be getting legally drunk before you tbh scrah

Drachen
05-31-2011, 08:18 AM
30's (so far) = better than 20's

IronMexican
05-31-2011, 08:26 AM
:lol beimg 30 and not killing yourself yet.

benefactor
05-31-2011, 08:49 AM
30's (so far) = better than 20's
I can agree with this.

Spursfan092120
05-31-2011, 11:25 AM
30 ain't shit...I'm 31 now..I promise you that you won't feel any different.

Soul_Patch
05-31-2011, 11:45 AM
I found that age doesn't really mean a lot, at least not yet and i am 33. The big life changers come with marriage and a kid. Those things will drastically change how you live your life. It could be good or bad, depending on how you feel.

Tinystarz
05-31-2011, 12:03 PM
wow 30.

symple19
05-31-2011, 12:16 PM
It's not a big deal broseephus, unless you allow it to become one

I went out and got hammered like every other birthday and still had the exact same hangover I always have the next day

tbqmfh, after the army and the shit I saw overseas, we're all on borrowed time anyway.

Enjoy it while you can and don't sweat the shit you can't control

oh crap
05-31-2011, 12:30 PM
30 is the new 20, or some shit like that. at least i hope so, i'll be there in November. :depressed

The Gemini Method
05-31-2011, 12:32 PM
I like how the title says--before I post--or someone else does...

Turning 30
by Oh Crap

ferg
05-31-2011, 12:37 PM
its not a big deal. u do kind of start viewing things a little differently if you havent started already.

for instance yesterday i went to la cantera to buy some clothes for work and went the buckle and the girl who works there was talkin to my buddy and asked if i needed find any clothes. i said no i already got what i needed. she says oh my god did u like buy going out clothes. i said no work clothes. pretty much killed the whole convo right there.

not only that but hearing songs on the radio and thinkng "man i remember that song when i was a _____ in high school". thats when u know ur not a kid anymore.

The Gemini Method
05-31-2011, 12:49 PM
Yeah, I feared turning 30 two years back...thought it was the end of the world for some odd reason but it hasn't been. I've learned to be more reflective about things and not engage in so much of the same things I did as a twentysomething. I used to think that the adage of, "Time makes a man/woman wise..." was bunch of mularkey until I've looked back at how I was and all the immaturity I showed and now with the more experienced me, I'm glad that I've been able to learn from my successes and mistakes though.

DeadlyDynasty
05-31-2011, 12:58 PM
c'mon son

are you gonna buy a red convertible and completely change your lifestyle?

yeah, I just made a bucket list too

DeadlyDynasty
05-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Things are going well, I really have no complaints...just an irrational fear of time and getting old.

I found the responses to be pretty interesting (and encouraging). Some of the people in my boat (nearing 30) have some of the same general fears/responses, but the ones in their early-to-mid-30's look at the decade change as inconsequential--which is what I was hoping to hear.

symple19
05-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Things are going well, I really have no complaints...just an irrational fear of time and getting old.

I found the responses to be pretty interesting (and encouraging). Some of the people in my boat (nearing 30) have some of the same general fears/responses, but the ones in their early-to-mid-30's look at the decade change as inconsequential--which is what I was hoping to hear.

:tu

it's gonna be just fine

GoodOdor
05-31-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm 23(24 in 4 months), but it's crazy how one moment you just enter college, and the next you already out.....at least that's how it seems to me. For those of you who still go, enjoy every moment, those are probably the best 4 years of your life.

Can some of the older folks here tell me at what point they felt like their body was starting to slip up?

I enjoy playing Tennis/Soccer so much, I'm really scared of that moment when you lose that half a step....

It's probably not at 30 though.....:lol

DeadlyDynasty
05-31-2011, 01:12 PM
:tu

it's gonna be just fine

No doubt, but I'm still gonna drink myself near-comatose on my 30th :lol

I'm 23(24 in 4 months), but it's crazy how one moment you just enter college, and the next you already out.....at least that's how it seems to me. For those of you who still go, enjoy every moment, those are probably the best 4 years of your life.

Can some of the older folks here tell me at what point they felt like their body was starting to slip up?

I enjoy playing Tennis/Soccer so much, I'm really scared of that moment when you lose that half a step....

24...6 away from 18 and 6 away from 30. 24-25 is your absolute physical prime imo

symple19
05-31-2011, 01:12 PM
I've learned to be more reflective about things and not engage in so much of the same things I did as a twentysomething. I used to think that the adage of, "Time makes a man/woman wise..." was bunch of mularkey until I've looked back at how I was and all the immaturity I showed and now with the more experienced me, I'm glad that I've been able to learn from my successes and mistakes though.

Good post

I've slowed down as well. Don't party or go out as much as I used to. Mostly because I'm saving to buy a new place.

But that's one of the things I would never have even contemplated before the age of 30.

Gemini is completely correct that you gain wisdom, although in my case that's a very relative thing :lol

symple19
05-31-2011, 01:16 PM
My 30th b-day actually surpassed my 21st in terms of quantity consumed and debauchery

Enjoy it DD

The Gemini Method
05-31-2011, 01:19 PM
I played football and baseball in my youth--Since you're playing sports and if you keep at it, you'll be fine up into the 40s. But even in the 30s you notice certain changes to the overall performance when it comes to athletics. Like, it takes a little longer for your body to recoop if you're sore that's for sure. I don't notice it as much right now @ 31, but I notice that I can't keep going like I once did.

Drachen
05-31-2011, 01:19 PM

This is how it is: At 30 you have all of the combined wisdom that you gained from all of the really dumb experiences of your twenties. This allows you much clearer vision than you had in your twenties, all the while you still have (most of) the physical capabilities of your 20's unless you just treat your body like trash.

That being said, you already have most of this wisdom at 29, its not like some switch is necessarily flipped on that one fateful day.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-31-2011, 01:26 PM
This is how it is: At 30 you have all of the combined wisdom that you gained from all of the really dumb experiences of your twenties.

True.

I think the quote goes: Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.

Fuck ups are inevitable, regardless of age. The key is limiting the number of times and collateral damage. If you're not doing that or haven't realized that by you're late 20s/early 30s, then you're doing it wrong.

The Gemini Method
05-31-2011, 01:30 PM
Good post

I've slowed down as well. Don't party or go out as much as I used to. Mostly because I'm saving to buy a new place.

But that's one of the things I would never have even contemplated before the age of 30.

Gemini is completely correct that you gain wisdom, although in my case that's a very relative thing :lol

I won't lie...I could drink like it was going out of fashion when I was much younger. I guess the college cliche was what I subscribed to for most of my education. However, I would always do well and I finished well. It's just you learn so much more perspective even when you're partying in your 30s. Like, if you're going to get drunk--consume food and hydrate prior to your inebriation. Stuff like that is derived from what you've learn in your 20s. Though, the whole romance stuff is still a mystery at this age.

The Gemini Method
05-31-2011, 01:31 PM
That being said, you already have most of this wisdom at 29, its not like some switch is necessarily flipped on that one fateful day.

Not necessarily true...

He's a Laker fan--we are all about the switches being flipped ;)

Drachen
05-31-2011, 01:42 PM
Not necessarily true...

He's a Laker fan--we are all about the switches being flipped ;)

:lol

SourCandy
05-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Live it up until everything hurts and what doesn't hurt doesn't work.

The Gemini Method
05-31-2011, 03:05 PM
(In before the unavoidable...hey, Sour Candy--can you tell me if my ________ works response)

Wild Cobra
05-31-2011, 03:21 PM
LOL...

Not long from now, I'll be turning 60.

Stress on age, and you'll get gray hair early.

Bender
05-31-2011, 08:10 PM
my 30s and 40s sucked for the most part... was married for most of that period. Early 20s was great... and early 50s is good so far...

I'll admit, I'd like to have the knowledge I have now about relationships and stuff... but be 30 again...

thispego
05-31-2011, 09:18 PM

lol kids giving life advice :lmao

lol enjoying playing soccer and tennis so much :lmao

your body starts to slip up when you become a lazy bitch, like 3 years ago for you.

thispego
05-31-2011, 09:20 PM
My 30th b-day actually surpassed my 21st in terms of quantity consumed and debauchery

Enjoy it DD

WHOA! :wow symple19 is >30???????

good god, how old are you? i thought you were such a loser and on spurstalk all the time because you were a 19 or 20 year old kid! :wow

phyzik
05-31-2011, 10:43 PM
If its any consolation...

I Just turned 31 about 3 months ago....

Still feel like I just graduated highschool.

Time goes by fast.

thispego
05-31-2011, 11:00 PM
you still a drunk, phyzik?

florige
05-31-2011, 11:54 PM
I agree with other posters that if you are where you want to be or close to it at 30 then its no big deal. Its when you haven't accomplished any of your goals that you might had set is when it starts to get depressing. But 30 for males is considered to be the prime of our life. So there is still hope. lol

benefactor
06-01-2011, 05:49 AM
24...6 away from 18 and 6 away from 30. 24-25 is your absolute physical prime imo
Not necessarily true. I am 33 and I'm in the best shape of my life. I think one can stay pretty close to their physical prime into thier 40's if they take good care of themselves.

GoodOdor
06-01-2011, 10:45 AM

your body starts to slip up when you become a lazy bitch, like 3 years ago for you.

lol druggie calling someone else a lazy bitch

lol ugly baby

lol ugly face

lol never "roll alone"

lol mouthbreather

lol "I only wore them glasses only that one time!!!"

thispego
06-01-2011, 10:51 AM
:lmao

lol your lol's are refutable, mine are not. lol

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Not necessarily true. I am 33 and I'm in the best shape of my life. I think one can stay pretty close to their physical prime into thier 40's if they take good care of themselves.
It's not true for you, because you probably did not do the same things to keep in shape that you're doing now when you were 24-25. I've heard from others that's when their physical prime was, and not just cardio shape, endurance, etc, but all around physical ability relating to playing a sport. There is no doubt 2 people who are in extremely good cardiovascular shape, one 25 and one 35, that the 25 year old would be a better player in their sport, excluding sports like baseball and golf.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2011, 11:20 AM
:lmao

lol your lol's are refutable, mine are not. lol

This one isn't refutable:

lol ugly baby

A few others may not be as well, but I cannot testify.

GoodOdor
06-01-2011, 11:53 AM
This one isn't refutable:

A few others may not be as well, but I cannot testify.

Sons, thank you for the support. Ugly mouthbreathers who are also meth heads should not be allowed to reproduce. thispego's baby's looks is all the evidence we need for my above assertions.

God bless.

thispego
06-01-2011, 01:43 PM
:lmao i have the handsomest baby alive today. yall be trippin :lol

DMC
06-01-2011, 02:04 PM
With age comes wisdom. 30 is a round number, but it's really not a benchmark for anything. Numbers are just human concepts to track events. So what you are turning 30, it doesn't mean anything. If it causes you to reflect back and measure your progress, it could be a good thing. I consider myself lucky to see a new year every year it happens. So many do not live to see 30.

The reason a 10 year old cannot imagine being 20 is because that's twice their age. When you ask a 20 year old to remember 10 years back, they don't have vivid memories of most things. That's 50% of their life. For a 40 year old, it's fairly easy to recall because it doesn't seem that long ago. I can imagine at 70, 10 years ago is like yesterday.

There won't be much of a difference between 30 and 40 for you except in your own self image. Expecting to be wealthy by a certain age is a bit naive, and think it's going to be by 30 funny.

It's a true statement that youth is wasted on the young. Life is so much better when you get older and established.

The Gemini Method
06-01-2011, 03:21 PM
I always enjoy the fact I surprise some by being carded and they figure out i'm 31...even with the beard.

DeadlyDynasty
06-01-2011, 04:04 PM
--HaFAtC17U

DMC
06-01-2011, 05:56 PM
WHOA! :wow symple19 is >30???????

good god, how old are you? i thought you were such a loser and on spurstalk all the time because you were a 19 or 20 year old kid! :wow
20 year old losers are often bigger losers at 30.

benefactor
06-01-2011, 07:55 PM
It's not true for you, because you probably did not do the same things to keep in shape that you're doing now when you were 24-25. I've heard from others that's when their physical prime was, and not just cardio shape, endurance, etc, but all around physical ability relating to playing a sport. There is no doubt 2 people who are in extremely good cardiovascular shape, one 25 and one 35, that the 25 year old would be a better player in their sport, excluding sports like baseball and golf.
Yeah...with athletes and people who compete at high levels it's different. I was more referring to the average Joe. Most everyday people can stay at the same fitness level into their 40s if they work hard and stay disciplined.

Fernando TD21
06-03-2011, 04:59 AM
You should also exclude every sport that requires some level of talent or skill.

JoeChalupa
06-03-2011, 08:04 AM
30? It is just a number and no big deal. So is 40 and 50.

ALVAREZ6
06-03-2011, 11:06 AM
You should also exclude every sport that requires some level of talent or skill.

:wtf:wtf:wtf

I'm pretty sure even for your average joe, you can perform better at 25 instead of 35 in a sport like basketball. Given the cardiovascular aspect is the same with both ages due to regular exercise, the 25 year old likely jumps higher and is still quicker...quicker in attacking/penetrating, greater lateral quickness for defense. At some point those knee ligaments deteriorate, and for a dude that is highly active and plays a lot of ball, he probably performs better at 25.

I play with some older dudes into their 30s and 40s relatively often, they'll tell you the same thing.

Soul_Patch
06-03-2011, 11:32 AM

Lol making minimum wage into your late 20s

lil'mo
06-03-2011, 11:33 AM
lol not reading the whole thread. i've been making min wage for the past 8 months to gain experience at RTC. again.... for the reatrds.... you dont work at RTC's for the money

:rolleyes

Soul_Patch
06-03-2011, 11:37 AM
lol not reading the whole thread. i've been making min wage for the past 8 months to gain experience at RTC. again.... for the reatrds.... you dont work at RTC's for the money

:rolleyes

Yea, and the guy picking up my garbage on Mondays is grooming for a career in Environmental Mgmt. :hat

FatBeaner
06-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Denzel Washington started out as a garbage man, so you never know.

pawe
06-03-2011, 12:00 PM
If you're being busy doing something productive, you wont even notice what your age is.

lil'mo
06-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Yea, and the guy picking up my garbage on Mondays is grooming for a career in Environmental Mgmt. :hat

when i'm making 6 figures within 2 years (maybe less) you can ask me to borrow some money and i may throw you a few bones :toast

MannyIsGod
06-03-2011, 01:19 PM
I always enjoy the fact I surprise some by being carded and they figure out i'm 31...even with the beard.

I'm very surprised to be carded now with my beard. I couldnt have grown this at 24 much less 20.

JudynTX
06-03-2011, 01:28 PM
30? It is just a number and no big deal. So is 40 and 50.

:D 40 is when life really starts.

Gordon Gekko
06-03-2011, 01:44 PM
when i'm making 6 figures within 2 years (maybe less) you can ask me to borrow some money and i may throw you a few bones :toast

6 figures? That is chump change. The problem with people these days is they worry too much about the benjamins. Ain't nothin' wrong with a minimum wage job and I have great respect them.

Soul_Patch
06-03-2011, 02:05 PM
6 figures? That is chump change. The problem with people these days is they worry too much about the benjamins. Ain't nothin' wrong with a minimum wage job and I have great respect them.

World needs ditch diggers too, i must admit.

Kudos to you Pego, keep your head up.

Pick of Destiny
06-03-2011, 02:07 PM
thispetho needs to slow his ass down.

lil'mo
06-03-2011, 02:32 PM
thispetho needs to slow his ass down.

?

lil'mo
06-03-2011, 02:34 PM
World needs ditch diggers too, i must admit.

Kudos to you Pego, keep your head up.

alright judge smails :rolleyes

101A
06-03-2011, 03:05 PM

1/2 step by 34.

Exponential back-stepping begins at 40 (I'm nearly 43 now, and my crossover could get picked by a 12 year old).

Work on that jump shot NOW - don't wait 'til it's the only game you got.

pawe
06-03-2011, 03:17 PM
1/2 step by 34.

Exponential back-stepping begins at 40 (I'm nearly 43 now, and my crossover could get picked by a 12 year old).

Work on that jump shot NOW - don't wait 'til it's the only game you got.

And it usually takes longer to recuperate from a long game of basketball at 30 than you were in your 20's.

JackLalanne
06-03-2011, 03:41 PM
I never slowed down and never needed any viagra either. In fact, I'm for stiff now than I've ever been.

Fernando TD21
06-03-2011, 08:12 PM
:wtf:wtf:wtf

I'm pretty sure even for your average joe, you can perform better at 25 instead of 35 in a sport like basketball. Given the cardiovascular aspect is the same with both ages due to regular exercise, the 25 year old likely jumps higher and is still quicker...quicker in attacking/penetrating, greater lateral quickness for defense. At some point those knee ligaments deteriorate, and for a dude that is highly active and plays a lot of ball, he probably performs better at 25.

I play with some older dudes into their 30s and 40s relatively often, they'll tell you the same thing.
In your previous post you said that the younger person would be a better player (25 year old compared to 35). I'm just saying that in most sports, talent, skills and experience matters just as much as age when you are trying to find the better player.
Would make more sense if you compared 2 guys with similar talent/skills or compared 2 different times in 1 player's career.

marini martini
06-03-2011, 08:34 PM
.......tha fuck

Nathan Explosion
06-03-2011, 11:11 PM
I turn 29 on the 20th, but frankly, I made my peace with being 30 last year when I turned 28. I'm a parent with 2 children. Turning 30 means nothing to me anymore. Just a number.

TE
06-04-2011, 05:24 AM
I feel old and I am only 22 years old, going on 23 in a couple of weeks.

It's crazy, one minute you're an adolescent. The next, you're an adult.

Time flies.

TDMVPDPOY
06-04-2011, 06:16 AM
try losing most of ur hair b4 turnin 30 :( or receding :( fkn

Nathan Explosion
06-04-2011, 12:25 PM
I feel old and I am only 22 years old, going on 23 in a couple of weeks.

It's crazy, one minute you're an adolescent. The next, you're an adult.

Time flies.

That was turning 20 for me. Yeah when you're 18 you're legally an adult, but you're still a teen. When you turn 20, you're expected to start growing up. But at 24 when I had my first kid, that's when adulthood really stepped in and took hold. Living on my own, bills to pay, and a kid to raise for the next 2 decades at least. I wouldn't say I felt old, but I definitely grew up in a hurry.

The only thing that makes me feel old these days (I'm not old, but parents know what I mean) is my kids' birthdays. My daughter turns 3 and my son 5 in October (2 weeks apart) and I keep thinking about the first time I held them when they were just minutes old. Now my son is going to be 5?!?!

ALVAREZ6
06-04-2011, 03:05 PM
In your previous post you said that the younger person would be a better player (25 year old compared to 35). I'm just saying that in most sports, talent, skills and experience matters just as much as age when you are trying to find the better player.
Would make more sense if you compared 2 guys with similar talent/skills or compared 2 different times in 1 player's career.
:wtf :wtf :wtf

These are age comparisons, all else constant, ceteris paribus (lol econ). So the two players are identical other than age, meaning they have comparable skills and talent. 25-year old's body is less deteriorated, can cut more quickly and be more explosive, can shift laterally more quickly, on average.

ALVAREZ6
06-04-2011, 03:07 PM
That was turning 20 for me. Yeah when you're 18 you're legally an adult, but you're still a teen. When you turn 20, you're expected to start growing up. But at 24 when I had my first kid, that's when adulthood really stepped in and took hold. Living on my own, bills to pay, and a kid to raise for the next 2 decades at least. I wouldn't say I felt old, but I definitely grew up in a hurry.

The only thing that makes me feel old these days (I'm not old, but parents know what I mean) is my kids' birthdays. My daughter turns 3 and my son 5 in October (2 weeks apart) and I keep thinking about the first time I held them when they were just minutes old. Now my son is going to be 5?!?!

Damn dude, 2 kids in your 20s the first one when 24, did you plan that shit? :lol

Fernando TD21
06-04-2011, 10:47 PM

These are age comparisons, all else constant, ceteris paribus (lol econ). So the two players are identical other than age, meaning they have comparable skills and talent.
Finally, that's all I was pointing out.

25-year old's body is less deteriorated, can cut more quickly and be more explosive, can shift laterally more quickly, on average.
I didn't deny any of that, obviously a 25 year old player will be athletically better than a 35 year old player most of the time.

frodo
06-04-2011, 11:17 PM
kinda a turning point of yo life imho, you may feel lost at the other side of 30 but you'll find something new, and get inured to yo new life through time. for the OP his 30's birthday must feel just the same as THAT day when he gained US citizenship imho

Nathan Explosion
06-05-2011, 12:32 AM
Damn dude, 2 kids in your 20s the first one when 24, did you plan that shit? :lol

I started going out and partying when I was 14. By the time my son was born, I had been partying for a decade. In other words, I was done with partying, so while 24 seems young to some, I was much older than my friends who didn't start going out until they left home basically. I got about a 6 year head start.

I'm 29 and a home body, and while it would be nice to go out say once a month, I have no problems staying home and being a good father to my kids. I have a 360 if I want to "meet" with my friends and bullshit. It's like going to a bar, but cheaper and I don't have to worry about getting stopped by the cops. Some nights a lot of us are on, and some nights my friends are out, so only 1 or 2 are on. But no bother to me. I got the "getting fucked up and making an idiot of myself" phase out of my system long before my first was born.

So while you may laugh at me having two kids in my 20s, I'm "older" than my 29 years on this planet. Biologically I'm 29, but mentally and emotionally, I'm in my 30s now.

TE
06-05-2011, 02:12 AM
I started going out and partying when I was 14. By the time my son was born, I had been partying for a decade. In other words, I was done with partying, so while 24 seems young to some, I was much older than my friends who didn't start going out until they left home basically. I got about a 6 year head start.

I'm 29 and a home body, and while it would be nice to go out say once a month, I have no problems staying home and being a good father to my kids. I have a 360 if I want to "meet" with my friends and bullshit. It's like going to a bar, but cheaper and I don't have to worry about getting stopped by the cops. Some nights a lot of us are on, and some nights my friends are out, so only 1 or 2 are on. But no bother to me. I got the "getting fucked up and making an idiot of myself" phase out of my system long before my first was born.

So while you may laugh at me having two kids in my 20s, I'm "older" than my 29 years on this planet. Biologically I'm 29, but mentally and emotionally, I'm in my 30s now.

I can say the same for myself. I feel older than what my age really is. Biologically I'm 22, mentally and emotionally I feel like I'm in my late 20's. It feels like I've accomplished a lot, but I still have yet to become a father, husband, etc.

I look forward to that, but damn, I will feel really old when that time comes around.

pawe
06-05-2011, 10:31 AM
I can say the same for myself. I feel older than what my age really is. Biologically I'm 22, mentally and emotionally I feel like I'm in my late 20's. It feels like I've accomplished a lot, but I still have yet to become a father, husband, etc.

I look forward to that, but damn, I will feel really old when that time comes around.

Trust me, delay it as much as possible.

benefactor
06-05-2011, 11:31 AM

I'm similar...except I only have one kid. I had almost all of my partying out of my system by the time I hit my early 20's. Now I've been married for 9 years and would rather stay home with my wife over doing much else. We still go out every now and then...maybe once a month...but otherwise we are at the house.

DeadlyDynasty
06-05-2011, 12:45 PM
kinda a turning point of yo life imho, you may feel lost at the other side of 30 but you'll find something new, and get inured to yo new life through time. for the OP his 30's birthday must feel just the same as THAT day when he gained US citizenship imho

mothafuckin Rogue :rollin

Not everyone's an immigrant mayne

ALVAREZ6
06-05-2011, 02:28 PM

No laughing, just not as common anymore. It's not like 24 is absurdly young to have kids either, but I wouldn't want to and the partying isn't really a huge factor for me, it's more about the OK now I have to raise kids part.

But you probably had more like a 2-3 year head start compared to most people tbh.

ALVAREZ6
06-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Trust me, delay it as much as possible.

lmao that has been my mentality, I do not look forward much to becoming a father. One day I will want to and appreciate it, but I'm not really the type that works well with a ton of huge obligations. I'm naturally very variable, for some reason I don't like to live according to very structured schedules.

mystargtr34
06-06-2011, 02:47 AM
I can definately relate to stressing about getting older... even though im still 22 turning 23 you get that feeling of not wanting to get old. Its probly not so much me getting older.. but most of my best mates are 1 or 2 years older than me.. and going to their 23rd and 24th birthdays felt wierd... it seems like only yesterday we were pissing around in high school and going out clubbing for the first time when I turned 18 (from Australia).

Kind of sux to be honest.. i feel like im not ready to get out of the 18-21 stage of my life and go into real adulthood. But im sure theres plenty of positives to getting older .. just havent found any yet :lol.

JoeChalupa
06-06-2011, 12:12 PM
You all put too much emphasis on age, imo.

NASpurs
07-30-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm 28 going on 29 and this turning 30 shit is fucking with my mind. I need something bigger in my life and something like having kids right now is out of the question. What can I possibly do in my life to feel like I've actually accomplished something big? Making boatloads of money and all that kind of shit is meaningless to me. I was thinking of doing major volunteering work or something but I don't even know where to start. Have people here who have gone from their 20s to their 30s felt the same thing? It's a really sinking and frustrating feeling.

leemajors
07-30-2011, 09:52 PM
Uhh it's just another year scrubs. At least at 25 my car insurance dropped by about half, that was a much bigger deal.

xellos88330
07-30-2011, 10:55 PM
I still have a little ways to go, but I remember as far back as 12 how I thought it was an eternity away. As I'm closing in on it I have this juvenile, somewhat unjustified fear that my life will not be the same. I don't know what it is, maybe you're looked at differently once you hit that magic #, or maybe it's you who looks at things differently. I guess I've always feared that my youth will be gone forever when I'm 30. Anybody else feel differently when they turned the big 3-0?

Time is a bitch...I remember watching the ball drop on 2000 in Times Square like it was yesterday. :lol

Hell no! Your youth isn't gone. I turned 30 last year. Nothing is different. If you are single, think of it this way. Young women are being chased around by young relationship challenged men which makes your job all the easier. If you are married, the saturation of these males makes the market so slim, that the ladies will flock to you since you are "mature". Your woman will get pissed off and jealous and fuck your brains out and do things you never thought she would do.

I know this post sounds funny, but it is actually based on my experience. My wife and I recently met these two young women, 21 and 22 respectively, from a mutual friend (he is one of those hounddog types) and next thing we know, they are hanging out with me a lot more than him. Apparently they love to play basketball and since I love it too, we get along really good. After a lot of bumping and grinding on the court playing 21, they bring up the subject of men and how hard it is to find great guys. They then say that they wish I wasn't married and shit like that. The best part is when they tell my wife how much fun and mature I am and ask what she did to keep me on her hook. My wife completely rocked my world that night, and has rocked it ever since meeting them.

Disclaimer: I know not every male who is single is relationship challenged, but lets be real here. A majority of the young male adults out there are.

xellos88330
07-30-2011, 11:06 PM
I'm 28 going on 29 and this turning 30 shit is fucking with my mind. I need something bigger in my life and something like having kids right now is out of the question. What can I possibly do in my life to feel like I've actually accomplished something big? Making boatloads of money and all that kind of shit is meaningless to me. I was thinking of doing major volunteering work or something but I don't even know where to start. Have people here who have gone from their 20s to their 30s felt the same thing? It's a really sinking and frustrating feeling.

I have had those issues. I didn't want kids until I finally looked at the big picture. I want to actually run and play basketball with my children without breaking my hip. I also wanted to have the energy and physical ability to deal with disrespectful boyfriends my daughter might have, and be able to teach my son a few lessons in respecting their elders should an argument turn to an exchange of fists. Kids will become teenagers and do you really want to have to deal with that shit when you are 50+. Best not wait too long.

I was in the military and worked on some pretty cool stuff and recieved many accolades and achievements throughout my military career. After having my kids, those accomplishments mean precisely dick compared to raising my kids. Raising good kids these days is like an ultimate challenge for me. Illegal substances, teenage mothers, STD's, the music, and all the information that will be at my childrens fingertips when they get older. All of the odds are stacked against you at being able to raise your kids to make the right decisions. Challenge accepted. If you succeed and they go on to be great people, that is an accomplishment you can take to the bank.

xellos88330
07-30-2011, 11:15 PM

It shouldn't make you feel old. When my children have birthdays, I think of the adventure I have shared with them thus far. The best thing about it is, this ride will never be over.

At least you had your kids at an ok point in the year. My sons birthday is a week before Christmas, and my daughters is 2 weeks after. Financially speaking, it can be a total pain in the ass.

Cyrano
07-31-2011, 12:13 AM
Wow...
nothing makes you feel ancient like reading these posts about feeling old from people younger than your kids! Both of mine are in their mid-30's. Hell, my oldest GRANDSON is 16 now.
Still, not that much has changed over the years. You brag about being up partying at 3am, and I'm up peeing at 3am. Of course, worrying about having to go to work after a long night of drinking and carousing just isn't the same when you're retired and don't HAVE to go to work in the morning.
By the way, Lil'mo, when you say you'll be making six figures soon, you DO realize that the two numbers AFTER the decimel don't count, right?

Frenzy
07-31-2011, 02:37 PM
Forever young. The mirror says different.

DeadlyDynasty
01-27-2013, 07:44 PM
One week left of my 20's:cry

chunticakes
01-27-2013, 08:22 PM
i just turned 27 the other day and i too feel as if my youth is leaving me :(

benefactor
01-27-2013, 08:34 PM
I'm a little over a month away from being closer to 40 than 30. It's weird it saying but I don't feel that old at all.

The Reckoning
01-28-2013, 12:45 PM
soooo, hypothetically, if you feel wise for being in your 20s, is it reasonable to go and do dumb shit anyway?

for example, if you have a nice girl who wants to settle, is being under 25 too soon for that?

manufan10
01-28-2013, 01:42 PM
I turned 28 in August, and I feel the same way.

cantthinkofanything
01-28-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm a little over a month away from being closer to 40 than 30. It's weird it saying but I don't feel that old at all.

what should be more troubling is that you will now be closer to 50 than 20.

CosmicCowboy
01-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Wow...
nothing makes you feel ancient like reading these posts about feeling old from people younger than your kids! Both of mine are in their mid-30's. Hell, my oldest GRANDSON is 16 now.
Still, not that much has changed over the years. You brag about being up partying at 3am, and I'm up peeing at 3am. Of course, worrying about having to go to work after a long night of drinking and carousing just isn't the same when you're retired and don't HAVE to go to work in the morning.
By the way, Lil'mo, when you say you'll be making six figures soon, you DO realize that the two numbers AFTER the decimel don't count, right?

We just have to get up and pee more often.

You kids enjoy it. It goes by fast.

koriwhat
01-29-2013, 03:43 AM
30's aren't bad, hope they're bad for you though!

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2013, 01:25 PM
30's aren't bad, hope they're bad for you though!

yo calf tat dude....

Amuseddaysleeper
01-29-2013, 02:48 PM
One week left of my 20's:cry

Life begins at 40 brah

GoodOdor
01-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Thispego, you making more than min wage yet? :lol

Avante
01-29-2013, 02:57 PM
It waws just about around that age that I stated getting bored with the bar scene/one night stands/meaningless sex.

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2013, 02:59 PM
It waws just about around that age that I stated getting bored with the bar scene/one night stands/meaningless sex.

clown with gender issues who wants to be a woman cock loving wanker giving someone advice?? really? gtfo

symple19
01-30-2013, 05:40 AM
Thispego, you making more than min wage yet? :lol

Doubtful. He's probably still getting on his knees to beg the oooooooooollllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeee' lady for gas and lunch money

GoodOdor
01-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Doubtful. He's probably still getting on his knees to beg the oooooooooollllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeee' lady for gas and lunch money

Didn't he make manager at Taco bell though?:lol You would think that's at least $10 an hour tbh.

I do hope he figured out a way to finance the last name change for his bastard child.

symple19
01-30-2013, 12:36 PM
:lol