PDA

View Full Version : 2012 free agents

Russo21
05-31-2011, 12:55 AM
SG

J R Smith

Nutcase to the extreme but he can put the ball in the hole as good as anyone when he has one of his crazy hot streaks. May be nice subbing in for Manu for offensive firepower.

SF

Josh Howard career 15pts 6 rebounds would be nice. Spurs always had trouble playing against him when he was with Dallas. He is a known Potthead but if anyone can whip him into shape its the Spurs. Huge upgrade over Dick Jefferson, one of the best rebounding SF's when he puts his mind to it. Could be had cheap also.

Andrei Kirilenko is a free agent i believe. I reckon he'd sign with the jazz or go back to europe though. He'd be a perfect defensive SF who could score with carrer averages of 12 points 2 blocks 1.5 steals.

Boris Diaw. Coming off a fat contract worth about 9 million which he wasnt even worth he may sign for less. 6'8" 235 11pts 5 reb 1 stl 1 block 35% from 3 wouldn't be a bad fit at the right price.

Either of those 3 guys would fill our SF role nicely if we could get rid of RJ for someone, anyone, anyone at all!

PF

Kris Humphries. Breakout blue-collar PF. 10 points 10 reb 1 block. Would be nice but he'd get more minutes elsewhere without having to play behind timmy. I cant remember if he was restricted or unrestricted. I hope we leave timmy at PF instead of C!

C

DeAndre Jordan would probably be my number 1 centre option. young 6'11" 265lbs 7 points 7 rebounds 2 blocks 68% shooting. Would be a fantastic tall wide bodied addition if we could snag him.

Kwame Brown. Biggest bust in history? 8 points 7 rebounds 6'11" 270lbs though. Would be good clogging up he paint if nothing else as he is massive and Timmy could show him a thing or two.

Sam Dalambert. Tall active athletic. 8 points 8 rebounds 2 blocks. May be to expensive and out of the question.

I think all those guys are un-restricted. I'd love to snag anyone of them. Especially DeAndre Jordan at C and either of AK47 Josh Howard or Diaw to replace RJ.

DeAndre Jordan
Tim Duncan
Josh Howard or Andrei Kirilenko or Boris Diaw
Manu Ginobili
Tony Parker

Be a very nice lineup :-) especially if we could do something with RJ on top of free agency:toast

Anyway thats who i want. How about you guys? They are all sort of realistic free agent signings i think could help our team.

The Drive for Five- To be Continued

Man In Black
05-31-2011, 01:10 AM
JR Smith...Offensively, he's a force. Mentally though...
http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/29/jr-smith-arrested-miami-beach-denver-nuggets-driving-scooter-without-license/#comments-anchor

Russo21
05-31-2011, 01:17 AM
Yep like i said lol. Nutcase to the extreme. :rollinMaybe we could use one on our team though.

Texas_Ranger
05-31-2011, 01:58 AM
We're gonna sign Ime Udoka once again and that's it.

Proxy
05-31-2011, 03:03 AM
Josh Howard would be nice.... he's the only one you listed that could make us serious contenders again.... probably the most unrealistic pickup though :(

Russo21
05-31-2011, 04:40 AM
Maybe not unrealistic for Josh Howard. He had a pretty rough year. A pretty rough couple of years actually missing a fair chunk of 2010 and 2011. His stock may be down. I remember us playing against him in the playoffs a few years back and he gave us fits wiith his scoring touch and his fantastic rebounding that series. Think he'd be a great fit at a price we could afford:hat

Mal
05-31-2011, 05:09 AM
Huge upgrade over Dick Jefferson

:nope

G-Dawgg
05-31-2011, 05:11 AM
We need to get DeAndre Jordan.. that kid has a bright future ahead of him. He has almost everything we are lacking in a front court player right now but still has alot of room to improve. He is young enough for the Spurs to include in their long term building plans and he'd be able to make an immediate impact.

Russo21
05-31-2011, 05:43 AM
We need to get DeAndre Jordan.. that kid has a bright future ahead of him. He has almost everything we are lacking in a front court player right now but still has alot of room to improve. He is young enough for the Spurs to include in their long term building plans and he'd be able to make an immediate impact.

Definately!

Spurs would have a great shot a championship number 5 if we can get both Deandre Jordan and Josh Howard. Geez i hope they make an offer to DeAndre and Josh this summer! We'd have everything we need in a starting lineup i reckon.

benefactor
05-31-2011, 05:59 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177146

sananspursfan21
05-31-2011, 10:02 AM
yeah, kris humphries will get a big contract after the year he's had, probly not worth it. deandre jordan would be awesome i've always loved this guy. idk what his potential is, but he's a big body and that alone is worth it

spurs777
05-31-2011, 10:31 AM
J.R Smith, Josh Howard, AK47, and Kwame Brown would be amazing for this team!

gospursgojas
05-31-2011, 10:33 AM
PF

Kris Humphries. Breakout blue-collar PF. 10 points 10 reb 1 block. Would be nice but he'd get more minutes elsewhere without having to play behind timmy. I cant remember if he was restricted or unrestricted. I hope we leave timmy at PF instead of C!

And he would bring Kim Kardashian to town with him

ducks
05-31-2011, 12:20 PM
sj behaved ok with the spurs
I see no reason jr would not here

Nathan89
05-31-2011, 12:57 PM
I'll take J.R., I will take anything but the same team with the same players as this year.

Black&Silver
05-31-2011, 12:58 PM
we could use a real center like dalembert next Duncan. bonner and Mcdyess should be benched

Sigz
05-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Josh Howard? Are you guys nuts?

This is going to be 2012, not 2006.

ducks
05-31-2011, 02:35 PM
jr smith will be agreesive rj IS NOT

spurs777
05-31-2011, 04:06 PM
Josh Howard? Are you guys nuts?

This is going to be 2012, not 2006.
3rd best SF in the league.

MR.SILVER&BLack
05-31-2011, 04:37 PM
we are loaded at 2 guard so pass on J.R unless we trade hill. Howard would be a good pickup for no more than the LLE. AK is out of our reach. no diaw because pop wont play him at the 3 but at the 4 with bonner playing center. Humphries is undersized & did great.....once D will was traded to the nets. clippers wont let go of jordan but might be up for trading kaman, brown would be a great 5th big, dalembert only plays good on contract years.

these are all good pickups for teams like thunder, bulls, heat, blazers, knicks, hawks. only way we get back to being true contenders is if we move like half the team(TP, RJ, bonner, blair, hill, mcdyess).

TwelveGs210
05-31-2011, 09:01 PM
We're gonna sign Ime Udoka once again and that's it.
Lmao, this is why a year later, my sig remains.

For the right price, JR Smith is an interesting idea. As for Kris Humphries, we get a beautiful, younger replacement for Eva, Kim Kardashian.