PDA

View Full Version : Manu's Finger Roll to Dunk

nacho estrada
06-10-2005, 12:17 AM
Wasnt that ish amazing??! I want to see the gif of it if possible.. i'd like that as my sig or avatar.. That play was Jordan/Gervin mix 2005.Just ugliness at its best.Seriously, Manu is unreal, get with the damn deal. What did you all think about that move in particular, and who has the .gif of the play ?

TMSKILZ
06-10-2005, 12:19 AM
didn't see it. anyone have a clip?

NeoConIV
06-10-2005, 12:21 AM
It one of a couple exclamation points in the game.

Solid D
06-10-2005, 12:24 AM
It was one of a kind. Pistons had gotten within 7. 2:45 left. Gino with the behind the back dribble to get himself out of the double in the corner, around Hunter and around Rasheed down the lane. Manu clearly had his hand under the ball and changed his mind at the rim and flipped his hand over suspended in air and jammed it.

Spurs get a stop and then Manu steps back on McDyess and nails the three to kill the Pistons' run and go up by 12.

Rick Von Braun
06-10-2005, 12:44 AM
It was one of a kind. Pistons had gotten within 7. 2:45 left. Gino with the behind the back dribble to get himself out of the double in the corner, around Hunter and around Rasheed down the lane. Manu clearly had his hand under the ball and changed his mind at the rim and flipped his hand over suspended in air and jammed it.

Spurs get a stop and then Manu steps back on McDyess and nails the three to kill the Pistons' run and go up by 12.
That play was one of the best plays I've seen... ever. Pure talent.

gospursgojas
06-10-2005, 12:47 AM
While he was in the air, he thought ..."well I got some space and Im up here already might as well dunk it"

Dingle Barry
06-10-2005, 12:48 AM
holy shit! we have a poster named nacho estrada. greatness.

MiNuS
06-10-2005, 12:53 AM
Im rewatching the game in Mexican channel TV Azteca.

Manu is a cold calculating crazy mother!

Pistons < Spurs
06-10-2005, 12:53 AM

Not only was the shot huge in terms of stopping our run....

he converted it into a dunk and I was like WTF......

how the hell did he do that???

The kid is an amazing player to watch simply because you never know what the he'll do next.....hell, HE doesn't know what he'll do next.

But that play was as sweet as I've seen in a while.

picnroll
06-10-2005, 01:03 AM
I still can figure out how he was able to dunk that thing. He definitely defied gravity.

SouthernFried
06-10-2005, 01:11 AM
I was laying on the floor in front of my TV. I saw that play, got up off the floor, walked onto our 2nd floor patio...and started screaming.

geesh, I'm really getting too old for this...

jcrod
06-10-2005, 01:18 AM
WOW, just WOW. One of the best individual moves I've ever seen, period.

TMSKILZ
06-10-2005, 02:14 AM
where can i see the clip of the dunk & 3 pter sequence???????

SLOVENIAN 8
06-10-2005, 03:40 AM
Yes that was great move!! First i did not thought that he gonna dunk that :smokin :smokin

SilverPlayer
06-10-2005, 03:59 AM
NBA.com has a video of it, but its not a great angle.

link (http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://boss.streamos.com/real/nba/insideticket/todays_best/top10_050609.smi&video=insideticket)

nkdlunch
06-10-2005, 08:51 AM
that play was incredible. I was at my friend's house and screamed sooo loud, he probly won't have me over for next game. And then Manu backed it up w/ a three.

MI21
06-10-2005, 08:57 AM
If that dunk happened in the 43rd regular season game against Charlotte at the SBC it wouldn't have been a big deal.

But to do that in NBA finals, in the midst of a Piston's run, was just crazy. It really wasn't that great of a dunk, and he has had better, but the timing of it and the way he wanted to stamp some authority on the game with a dunk rather than a layup, made it one of the best plays of the Spurs season.

duncan_21
06-10-2005, 08:59 AM
That's up there with a few other plays I've seen. Like:

-jordan against the lakers in the finals where he switched hands

-a suns-rockets playoff game kevin johnson drove to the hoop from the baseline and hakeem rotated from the weakside and kevin did this monster dunk over olajuwon

-the starks dunk, I believe it was in the playoffs and it coulda been against the bulls can't remember

-david robinson was thrown an ally oop, got it with his back to the hoop and dunked it with his back still to the hoop.

bigbendbruisebrother
06-10-2005, 10:17 AM
From beginning to end, the whole sequence was totally improbable. Manu was trapped in the corner, and danced his way out by dribbling in circles (literally), then he curled around the top of the key and drove the lane with his left hand high in the air and UNDER the ball as if to finger roll, but when he got to the rim, in the blink of an eye, he slammed it. During the timeout after Manu's subsequent three, I rewound it and watched it three times. Did anybody here see The Incredibles? It was like that sequence when the teacher has a tape of him sitting on the tack and he's trying to convince the principal that Dash did it. No matter how much you believe that Manu dunked that ball, he was clearly finger rolling going in. It's like someone doctored the broadcast and deleted a few frames. Manu is a magician.

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-10-2005, 10:22 AM
My cousin and i were at a bar watching the game and we were both like wtf? Did i just see that. I was already impressed with Obi Wan at that point but after that I was gay for him.

manustarting2gd
06-10-2005, 11:00 AM
Slayer Min where you at ??!! I know you've got the .gif! :fro :king That play showed the determination and sheer will Manu has to excel on the grandest of stages. Olympics first, now NBA Finals. I can't wait to see what else he has in his bag of tricks!!!! :fro :hat :smokin

combs84
06-10-2005, 11:03 AM
Yea, I was amazed by that play. Manu is really fun to watch, its like hes running around in circles and around cones and stuff. I so think you guys set a few illegal moving picks but its all good. I never thought he was gonna dunk that layup though, crazy.

Anybody see that Billups fake behind the back layup? Cmon that was sick as well :).

nkdlunch
06-10-2005, 11:05 AM
please somone make a .gif of it!!!

combs84
06-10-2005, 11:09 AM
please somone make a .gif of it!!!

Ha you remind me of this video: http://gprime.net/video.php/reallifevsinternet

"But I want it now. Give it to me!!!!!"

MI21
06-10-2005, 11:10 AM
That Billups move was awesome. Made me laugh actually, not something I have come to expect from the Detroit side.

Tony Parker did a similar move against Toronto this season on Donyell Marshall, it looks really good and is actually effective unlike some flashy dribbling/passing plays.

MainEvent
06-10-2005, 11:15 AM
That was a sweet move by Manu. But it pales in comparison to that ridulous behind the back, twisting reverse layup against the Suns in the conference finals. That move was crazy AND it was in the last minute(s?) of an incredibly tight game.

Solid D
06-10-2005, 12:04 PM
It was a top-20 play for him....so far....but it was sick.

He did so many amazing plays just this season that I don't see it as top 10.

His twisting back-to-the-basket while being mugged by Brad Miller flip up for the and-1 was memorable.

I know I've mentioned this before but one play a lot of people missed was at home against Milwaukee. Manu was going down the right side on a fastbreak and when he got to the wing, he started to rifle a pass to a teammate and as his arm was almost completely extended he brought his hand under the ball and brought it back in, as though it was glued to his fingertips and totally faked out everyone. The crowd just gasped. I've seldom heard a reaction with that kind of a sound...it was kind of like a "Whuhhhhhh?????" :lol

Sonia_TX
06-10-2005, 12:13 PM
My cousin and i were at a bar watching the game and we were both like wtf? Did i just see that. I was already impressed with Obi Wan at that point but after that I was gay for him.

:lol :lmao

Leetonidas
06-10-2005, 12:16 PM
As sweet as it was, it wasn't even in the Top 10 plays on SportsCenter, just Chauncy's behind the back fake.

HULKAROCK
06-10-2005, 12:24 PM
That Billups move was awesome. Made me laugh actually, not something I have come to expect from the Detroit side.

Tony Parker did a similar move against Toronto this season on Donyell Marshall, it looks really good and is actually effective unlike some flashy dribbling/passing plays.

I liked the Billups Stunner..

sa_butta
06-10-2005, 12:32 PM
As sweet as it was, it wasn't even in the Top 10 plays on SportsCenter, just Chauncy's behind the back fake.
couldnt believe that either I was waiting then they showed a highschool half court shot. BS
They had too many baseball top plays in there that did not belong and the mascot thing was dumb too.

duncan_21
06-10-2005, 12:35 PM
Here's some info for you guys:

ESPN sucks. They are the ET of sports, that's it. they wouldn't know a good play from a mud puddle.

Rick Von Braun
06-10-2005, 01:47 PM
It was a top-20 play for him....so far....but it was sick.

He did so many amazing plays just this season that I don't see it as top 10.

His twisting back-to-the-basket while being mugged by Brad Miller flip up for the and-1 was memorable.

I know I've mentioned this before but one play a lot of people missed was at home against Milwaukee. Manu was going down the right side on a fastbreak and when he got to the wing, he started to rifle a pass to a teammate and as his arm was almost completely extended he brought his hand under the ball and brought it back in, as though it was glued to his fingertips and totally faked out everyone. The crowd just gasped. I've seldom heard a reaction with that kind of a sound...it was kind of like a "Whuhhhhhh?????" :lol
Ha! I remember that play. I may even have the video of it someplace in my HD.

cmc$purs
06-10-2005, 02:07 PM
Manu Is Amazing :king
THAT WAS A MANSIZED SWEET SICK CRAZY CAN YOU SEE THE BALL IN YOUR FACE DUNK :spin :elephant :spin :elephant :drunk :smokin
I just fell off the couch & spit my drink WTF holy shit this guy kills me ,dont look away for a second !!!
HOW WAS THIS NOT THE #1 PLAY ON SPORTSCENTER THEY SUCK!!!

TwoHandJam
06-10-2005, 02:38 PM
:lol

That's Manu. If you like his game you should try and watch our improbable win on the road @ Phoenix this year during the regular season that went into overtime. He had a number of memorable plays in that one. The sick dunk over 3 Suns and the behind the back pass to Devin for 3 at the half come to mind.

ALVAREZ6
06-10-2005, 03:58 PM
That dunk was crazy, I didn't see it coming at all, I was totally convinced that he was doin a finger roll, and out of no where I heard the rim rattle!

Useruser666
06-10-2005, 04:03 PM
Sports Center had almost all baseball highlights, as if there's such a thing.

ALVAREZ6
06-10-2005, 04:11 PM
Sports Center had almost all baseball highlights, as if there's such a thing.
I know WTF is up with that, they only had one play on the count down this morning and it was the fake by Chauncy.

I'm sick of these BS baseball top plays, they suck ass, they aren't good at all.

Phenomanul
06-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Ha! I remember that play. I may even have the video of it someplace in my HD.

I don't remember seeing that play... can you please post? or send me an email with it... I'd really appreciate it.

Solid D
06-10-2005, 04:17 PM
It happened in the 4th quarter of the Milwaukee game at SBC Center but I don't have it....maybe Rick does.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-10-2005, 04:18 PM
I've been watching this guy since he came into the league and I'm always amazed when he leaps like that. He just seems to keep going up. Billups play was pretty sweet though. Anytime you make a guy with Horry's experience look surprised you've done something right.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-10-2005, 04:20 PM
Great play. Detroit's bigs need to put him on the ground when he drives like that. Sadly, I don't think LB will ever go that route...

ALVAREZ6
06-10-2005, 04:29 PM
Great play. Detroit's bigs need to put him on the ground when he drives like that. Sadly, I don't think LB will ever go that route...
That's only gonna give him 2 shots from the stripe, and that's what manu wants...you put manu on the ground, he'll just keep drivin.

Have fun.

Solid D
06-10-2005, 05:01 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~slayermin/manu_kings_4.gif

courtesy of slayermin - Manu's shot versus Brad Miller.

Sense
06-10-2005, 05:02 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~slayermin/manu_kings_4.gif

courtesy of slayermin - Manu's shot versus Brad Miller.

in meh sig .... was always

:P

bigbendbruisebrother
06-10-2005, 06:29 PM

Denver and Seattle both tried that to the point of getting flagrants. It didn't work. Manu gets off to that shit. I think he actually wants the adreniline hit that comes with getting popped in the head. He certainly seems to channel his pain.

JoeChalupa
06-10-2005, 06:34 PM
It was the jam!!

sickdsm
06-10-2005, 10:09 PM
It was pretty sick. Clips of ones like the shot above don't impress me at all though. How many times have you guys been on the court and flipped up a laugher and it went in? Not as much as Manu obviously but like a full court shot its more chance than anything. This dunk was impressive EVEN if he had just layed it in. It reminded me of Kobe's up and under and back up reverse two years ago over/under both Rasho and KG at the rim in the playoffs. You had to watch the replay to make sure he actually did what you thought he did.

Top 20 of all time? Please. There hasn't been anything in recent memory that i can think of that even deserves contention for that.

ceds
06-10-2005, 11:25 PM
The first time i saw Manu play he threw a full court bounce pass on the break to Willis that made me feel sick inside (if anyone has a clip id love to see it again). You could just tell that he had the potential to become a serious player

Its amazing that you guys have put together an all star back court with low end draft picks. I cannot believe the good fortune of your franchise

MI21
06-12-2005, 03:24 AM
The first time i saw Manu play he threw a full court bounce pass on the break to Willis that made me feel sick inside (if anyone has a clip id love to see it again). You could just tell that he had the potential to become a serious player

Yeah, that remains my favourite Manu play.

It was towards the end of the 2002-2003 Championship season against Houston at home @ the SBC. Lots of spin on the pass, T-Rex looked like he didn't think it would get through. Awesome pass.

slayermin
06-12-2005, 06:20 AM
Currently, I don't have a way to capture video into my computer otherwise I would have created the gif of the dunk and that sick shot he threw up with his right hand.

Also, the left handed running hook shot he got over the Wallaces was nice.