PDA

View Full Version : LMAO Cleveland rooting for the Mavs

lefty
05-31-2011, 12:59 PM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/piqued1457/other/CavsMavsStore_large.jpg

Nathan89
05-31-2011, 01:01 PM
They still want the Cavs to ring before Lebron.

DeadlyDynasty
05-31-2011, 01:04 PM
shocker

ALVAREZ6
05-31-2011, 02:29 PM
lmao they are pathetic, but it's pretty funny

CROFL @ winning a ring before LeBron :lmao that franchise will never win anything, it'll move to another city after a couple years of devastating failure

crc21209
05-31-2011, 02:50 PM
:lol Fucking Cleveland. They must really hate the shit out of LeBron....

dirk4mvp
05-31-2011, 02:51 PM
:lol Fucking Cleveland. They must really hate the shit out of LeBron....

:wow you don't think.

crc21209
05-31-2011, 02:52 PM
:wow you don't think.

Well I mean I know they do but this is just getting beyond sad now....:lol

SourCandy
05-31-2011, 02:54 PM
aww you go cavs :lol

pass1st
05-31-2011, 04:04 PM
I think the Heat losing might mean more to Cav fans than if they had won a ring themselves.

spurs777
05-31-2011, 04:11 PM
They still want the Cavs to ring before Lebron.
done

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/may/30/briggs-scores-five-goals-as-cavs-win-first-title-i/

BALTIMORE — Virginia’s path to a national championship was neither smooth nor orthodox nor stylistically representative of one of lacrosse’s most consistent programs.
It won’t stop the Cavaliers from savoring it for a long time.
Virginia completed its march to a fifth NCAA tournament crown Monday, outlasting Maryland 9-7 on a scorching 96 degree afternoon to collect its first title in five years.
Colin Briggs scored five goals as the seventh-seeded Cavaliers (13-5) finally arrived at a destination so many believed they would back in February - and a peak virtually no one thought it could reach just a month ago.
“To go out like this, it’s more than I can ask for,” defenseman Bray Malphrus said. “These past three weeks, I don’t want to sound cliche, but it’s been somewhat magical.”
Matt White scored three goals, and Nick O’Reilly added a goal and four assists before 35,661 at M&T Bank Stadium as Virginia became the lowest-seeded team to win a championship in the tournament’s 41-season history.
The Cavaliers also set a record for most losses by a champion.
The Cavaliers’ setbacks and seed, though, won’t be remembered nearly as long as the trophy taken back to Charlottesville on Monday night.
It was a championship borne of an extreme makeover on both ends of the field.
Virginia, long known as a bastion for aggressive, man-to-man defense, acknowledged at midseason that it could not hope to keep up with foes once defenseman Matt Lovejoy was lost with a shoulder injury in early April.
The adjustment to a zone defense came slowly, but eventually the Cavaliers adapted. And against Maryland, Virginia played almost exclusively zone in the final and held Maryland stars Joe Cummings and Ryan Young to a point apiece.
The offensive scheme was substantially retrofitted after midfielders Shamel Bratton (dismissal) and Rhamel Bratton (suspension) were removed in late April.
Attackman Steele Stanwick, already the ACC player of the year, became even more valuable in the postseason, with Chris Bocklet his primary target.
That pair combined for just a point against the Terps (13-5), and yet still the Cavaliers hauled home a championship.
“It’s been the most peculiar season I’ve ever been involved in,” Virginia coach Dom Starsia said. “It may be that I would have said that I would have expected nothing less.”
In some ways, Monday was a microcosm of Virginia’s season - hardly perfect, but ultimately every bit as fulfilling as the three other titles the Cavaliers earned since 1999.
Virginia withstood stout saves from Maryland goalie Niko Amato, who made five of his eight stops in the first quarter. A 3-2 deficit turned into a 6-3 edge early in the third quarter, putting Virginia on the verge of a blowout.
The spunky Terps (13-5), who got a goal from Grant Catalino in the third quarter and then transition scores from Brian Farrell and Young early in the fourth to pull even and perhaps set the table for a thrilling finish.
The Cavaliers would have none of it, preventing Maryland from enjoying the long possessions that became its calling card in the postseason.
The Terps, which had less than four minutes of possession in the fourth quarter, didn’t touch the ball in the brief time it was tied. Virginia won the faceoff, and White scored with 10:03 to go off an O’Reilly feed to go up 7-6.
The Cavaliers then added two more goals, with Briggs - playing two days after serving a one-game suspension for violating team rules - icing it with 1:50 remaining to set off a sideline celebration.
“I would be hesitant to begin to describe to you that there was a master plan in place that somehow made this happen,” Starsia said. “I think we took this in very small pieces throughout the season.”
What started with a feel-good rout of Penn to close the regular season and continued with an overtime escape of Bucknell eventually turned in to something greater. The reinvented Cavaliers turned into the champions it was assumed they could become after three straight short-circuited semifinal appearances.
The on-field methods didn’t look like the sort of blueprint Virginia would follow.
Its results, though, are plenty familiar for a program accustomed to lacrosse’s grandest stage, even if a title didn’t seem all that likely as Virginia meandered through a competitive wilderness when it absorbed four losses in five games in the middle of the season.
“I don’t know,” Stanwick said when asked if he saw this outcome coming more than a month ago. “Probably not, to be honest. I always had faith in this team, but I don’t know if I thought this would be the end result. It just shows what this team is all about.”

LkrFan
05-31-2011, 04:20 PM
:lol

DMC
05-31-2011, 04:22 PM
It's someone trying to make money from what they think is a demand. I wouldn't put too much stock into it. Without Lebron, no one knows where Akron is, except me because I go there often to roll with my crew.

HeatChamps
05-31-2011, 05:41 PM
James carried that franchise. He did more than the call of duty there. People still hating on James for his decision are fucking idiots.

clambake
05-31-2011, 05:47 PM
espn has a big woody for the heat.

frodo
05-31-2011, 07:02 PM
it'd be great if the mavs win, stern aint allowing it to happen though. stern just wanted lebron to be transfered to a bigger market at that time so he would've never allowed the cavs to win it in 07. spurs were the superior team of course but there's no hell of way they could sweep the eastern champs w/o stern & refs on their side

frodo
05-31-2011, 07:05 PM
cavs could've made a dynasty w/ bron if they won it 07 imo, the 07 championship could've been the start of a new dynasty. stern killed the fetus

ChrisRichards
05-31-2011, 07:07 PM
aww you go cavs :lol

Sup sugar

rayjayjohnson
05-31-2011, 07:23 PM
Cleveland need to rebrand.

The Cleveland Asshurts, with a great big goatse at centre court.

Sleepy_Floyd
05-31-2011, 10:27 PM
I'd be rooting for bus fare to get out of cleveland if I was there. God bless their poor souls.

DMC
05-31-2011, 11:22 PM
Cleveland need to rebrand.

The Cleveland Asshurts, with a great big goatse at centre court.
Then relocate to Digeriedoo Australia.

HarlemHeat37
05-31-2011, 11:22 PM
As long as Joe is happy for him in June, I'm straight..