PDA

View Full Version : Gov. Christie arrives at son's high school baseball game in State Police helicopter

ElNono
05-31-2011, 07:08 PM
Gov. Christie arrives at son's high school baseball game in State Police helicopter (http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/05/gov_christie_arrives_at_sons_h.html)

TRENTON — Gov. Chris Christie arrived at his son's baseball game this afternoon aboard a State Police helicopter.

Right before the lineup cards were being exchanged on the field, a noise from above distracted the spectators as the 55-foot long helicopter buzzed over trees in left field, circled the outfield and landed in an adjacent football field. Christie disembarked from the helicopter and got into a black car with tinted windows that drove him about a 100 yards to the baseball field.

During the 5th inning, Christie and First Lady Mary Pat Christie got into the car, rode back to the helicopter and left the game. During a pitching change, play was stopped for a couple of minutes while the helicopter took off.

Christie's eldest son, Andrew, was the starting catcher for Delbarton High School, in Morris Township. The governor played the same position of catcher when he was in high school.

The game was being held at St. Joseph Regional High School in Montvale in Bergen County. Christie watched the game from the stands, flanked by State Police security guards.

"It is a means of transportation that is occasionally used as the schedule demands," said Christie spokesman Michael Drewniak in an email. "This has historically been the case in prior administrations as well, and we continue to be judicious in limiting its use."

The governor had no public events on his schedule, offering no insight to where he might have been traveling from. He had a private meeting at 6:30 p.m. at Drumthwacket, the governor's mansion, in Princeton. He is meeting with a group of Iowa donors who have publically expressed a desire to persuade him to run for president in 2012.

Christie was ferried to the field in a brand-new AugustaWestland helicopter, purchased at a cost to taxpayers of $12.5 million.

The State Police has received two of the five helicopters purchased so far, according to testimony from Attorney General Paula Dow during a May budget hearing. They were purchased to replace aging Sikorsky helicopters that the State Police have flown for about two decades.

The helicopters, which can reach nearly 200 miles per hour with its twin turbo-shaft engines, are designed for homeland security duties and transporting critically injured patients.

Wild Cobra
05-31-2011, 07:29 PM
OMG...

A head of state getting a secure means of travel. What would president Obama say...

DarrinS
05-31-2011, 07:32 PM
Holy shit!

How does our Golfer-in-Chief get to the golf course on MEMORIAL DAY?

Creepn
05-31-2011, 07:36 PM
lol look how short those responses are. I remember reading tirades after tirades of Obama's travels.

DarrinS
05-31-2011, 07:38 PM
lol look how short those responses are. I remember reading tirades after tirades of Obama's travels.

That probably cost a shitload of money to fly within the borders of NJ.

ElNono
05-31-2011, 07:39 PM
Would make sense if he didn't preach about "shared sacrifice". Nevermind the fact that the State is broke. The 100 yard car ride was specially a nice touch. The field was probably too dirty for him to roll all the way to the stands.

Now, I thought this guy was the new GOP hopey and changey. But if you feel you have to compare him to Obama...

ElNono
05-31-2011, 07:40 PM

It probably did, especially on non-official business. The choppers themselves are brand new at $12.5m each.

clambake
05-31-2011, 07:41 PM

i'm sure it is expensive. he also needed a towncar. and he left in the 5th inning.

wouldn't be a big deal if he was at all important.

clambake
05-31-2011, 07:44 PM
he probably spends the money cuz he's upset about the film on his dishes.

Wild Cobra
05-31-2011, 07:45 PM
Really?

What did I say?

Link please, I don't remember.

DarrinS
05-31-2011, 07:46 PM
I used to work for a construction company in Houston and we flew the corporate heli across town all the time.

Is this REALLY a big deal? Be serious.

ElNono
05-31-2011, 07:55 PM
I used to work for a construction company in Houston and we flew the corporate heli across town all the time.

Is this REALLY a big deal? Be serious.

It is when it's a public servant using it for non-official business. Doubly so when the douchey keep using the "State is broke" mantra to force firings, and defund programs.

ElNono
05-31-2011, 07:57 PM
But maybe it should only be a big deal when the Dems do it...

LnGrrrR
05-31-2011, 08:00 PM
OMG...

A head of state getting a secure means of travel. What would president Obama say...

I'm pretty sure the security requirements for a President are slightly higher than a head of state. :lol

ElNono
05-31-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm pretty sure the security requirements for a President are slightly higher than a head of state. :lol

He needed secure travel on an helicopter and a vehicle (for 100 yards), to be at a public event in a high school baseball field... :rolleyes

Wild Cobra
05-31-2011, 08:06 PM
I'm not going to disagree, but would you agree that Christie needs security too?

ElNono
05-31-2011, 08:16 PM
Christie watched the game from the stands, flanked by State Police security guards.

He had security... did they need to travel by chopper?

Wild Cobra
05-31-2011, 08:18 PM
He had security... did they need to travel by chopper?
That depends. Maybe he already had it for a previous appearance.

This article lacks sufficient facts to do anything but enrage those who dislike him, like that insurance profit thread.

I tend to believe this is just another unfounded attempt to make someone look bad out of spite.

ElNono
05-31-2011, 08:22 PM
That depends. Maybe he already had it for a previous appearance.

And? It's not his chopper...

This article lacks sufficient facts to do anything but enrage those who dislike him, like that insurance profit thread.

Actually, the article goes into great detail if you actually read it. Including the fact that "The governor had no public events on his schedule", and that "He had a private meeting at 6:30 p.m. at Drumthwacket, the governor's mansion, in Princeton. He is meeting with a group of Iowa donors who have publically expressed a desire to persuade him to run for president in 2012."

None of which are official business obviously....

I tend to believe this is just another unfounded attempt to make someone look bad out of spite.

I tend to think you're cheerleading again...

Wild Cobra
05-31-2011, 08:33 PM
And? It's not his chopper...

Actually, the article goes into great detail if you actually read it. Including the fact that "The governor had no public events on his schedule", and that "He had a private meeting at 6:30 p.m. at Drumthwacket, the governor's mansion, in Princeton. He is meeting with a group of Iowa donors who have publically expressed a desire to persuade him to run for president in 2012."

None of which are official business obviously....

I tend to think you're cheerleading again...

Or maybe he couldn't afford the traffic delays.

Look, I don't know if this was warranted or not. I simply find those of you using this as a "hit piece" lacking any critical thinking, or morals, over you desire to discredit someone.

Why do you all want to destroy an American ideal of "innocent before proven guilty?"

jack sommerset
05-31-2011, 08:35 PM
Gov. Christie scares libs like El No No.

ElNono
05-31-2011, 08:36 PM
Or maybe he couldn't afford the traffic delays.

To get to his son's baseball game? Who cares? It's taxpayer money running those choppers.

Look, I don't know if this was warranted or not. I simply find those of you using this as a "hit piece" lacking any critical thinking, or morals, over you desire to discredit someone.

But when the "hit piece" is on the blue team there's no questionable morals involved.

Why do you all want to destroy an American ideal of "innocent before proven guilty?"

Which need not apply when it's democrats we're talking about.

You're just too predictable.

Wild Cobra
05-31-2011, 08:49 PM
The article has too few of facts to get anything meaningful from it.

DMX7
05-31-2011, 09:09 PM
This guy is a nobody.

Obama, on the other hand, is somebody and has probably had more threats against his life from racist Tea Baggers than every other president combined.

Nbadan
05-31-2011, 09:12 PM
Christie was ferried to the field in a brand-new AugustaWestland helicopter, purchased at a cost to taxpayers of $12.5 million.

How many teachers would that have paid for? what an assclown.

ElNono
05-31-2011, 09:26 PM
How many teachers would that have paid for? what an assclown.

They bought 5 of those... you do the math...

ElNono
05-31-2011, 11:45 PM
He's pretty fat... maybe two bodyguards are indeed a requirement for him...

Capt Bringdown
06-01-2011, 03:29 AM
One set of rules for the plutocrats, and another set of rules for everyone else, nothing to see here.
Mr Shared sacrifice sends his all his kids to private schools and is demanding $820 million in cuts to school aid statewide, but wastefully consumes state resources for personal/family errands - no wonder he's considered the Republican/bootlicker frontrunner.

boutons_deux
06-01-2011, 07:30 AM
Repug-candidate-employer obese Roger Ailes loves Christie, wants him to run for Pres.

An obese, entitled, class warrior investment banker as President. UCA loves it.

http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/logo-mr-monopoly.jpg

George Gervin's Afro
06-01-2011, 08:35 AM

so what is the threshold? So since it costs less, it's ok in your eyes...

Capt Bringdown
06-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Austerity for Thee, Helicopter for Me

Fat Hawk Down:
http://media.nj.com/ledgerupdates_impact/photo/9650859-large.jpg

xrayzebra
06-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Yeah, Obama did some of that shared sacrifice when he just took 500 to London with him
to visit the queen. All essential personnel.

"Here’s a story that seems to have slipped by the rest of the American media. It comes from the G-20 meetings in London a few weeks ago:

Obama arrived with 500 staff in tow, including 200 Secret Service agents, a team of six doctors, the White House chef and kitchen staff with the president’s own food and water.

And, according to the Evening Standard, he also came with “35 vehicles in all, four speech writers and 12 teleprompters.” For sure, our president is not going to be at a loss for words.

The press duly reported on Air Force One and all its bells and whistles but also on the presence of the presidential helicopter, Marine One, and a fleet of identical decoys to ferry him from Stansted airport to central London.

The article concluded with this note:

The president is entitled to all the security, communications and support he feels necessary to do his job but surely, when we’re trying to project a more restrained, humble image to the world, the president’s huge retinue could be scaled back to something less than the triumphal march from “Aida.”"

Oh, well. Such is life in the fast lane.

ChumpDumper
06-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Congratulations, x-ray. Like any true partisan hack, you tried to equate an international economic summit 3600 miles away from DC with a high school baseball game 50 miles from Trenton.

Spurminator
06-01-2011, 11:23 AM
And like any true partisan hack, he posted from a blog called ihatethemedia.com.

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/british-shocked-at-size-of-obama-entourage

MannyIsGod
06-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Man, some nice display of partisan hackery in this thread.

TeyshaBlue
06-01-2011, 11:34 AM
There is zero justification for this type of spending douchebaggery. Christie just cemented his place in the Flaming Hypocrites Club.

DarrinS
06-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Obama, on the other hand, is somebody and has probably had more threats against his life from racist Tea Baggers than every other president combined.

kool aid is kicking in

baseline bum
06-01-2011, 11:45 AM
I don't get why every criticism of a Teabagger here is flipped on Obama. Obama is a piece of crap too, and there aren't too many people here on either side who like him.

DarrinS
06-01-2011, 11:45 AM
This is a good distraction from gas prices, unemployment, and never-ending inflation.

:toast

ChumpDumper
06-01-2011, 11:47 AM
This is a good distraction from gas prices, unemployment, and never-ending inflation.

:toastWhat was the last thread you started, Darrin?

TeyshaBlue
This is a good (and by good, I mean pathetic) straw man/distraction from the OP.

TeyshaBlue
WTF is up with the server?

*duplicate post*

George Gervin's Afro
06-01-2011, 11:57 AM

It's good to know that you are not distracted..

baseline bum
06-01-2011, 12:12 PM

Hypocrites in government who preach discipline to all of us and then spend our money for their private use are a pretty major reason why we have such high gas prices, unemployment, rising food prices, etc.

coyotes_geek
06-01-2011, 03:46 PM
I don't get why every criticism of a Teabagger here is flipped on Obama. Obama is a piece of crap too, and there aren't too many people here on either side who like him.

No blue team attack on a red team member can be left uncountered, or visa-versa. Failure to negate such an attack by identifying similar culpability on the other side would result in an imbalance of the internet.

ElNono
06-01-2011, 04:45 PM
No blue team attack on a red team member can be left uncountered, or visa-versa. Failure to negate such an attack by identifying similar culpability on the other side would result in an imbalance of the internet.

Basically. Not to mention that if you have to bring up some Obama douchebaggery as defense, you're basically telling us this guy is just as much of a douche.

JohnnyMarzetti
06-01-2011, 05:37 PM
He's a nut job.

ChuckD
06-01-2011, 07:02 PM
crofl @ Fat Hawk down

One of the Twitter feeds I follow said that Christie ran for governor only so that he would never have to walk anywhere. :lol

boutons_deux
06-02-2011, 09:42 AM
Gov. Christie Thinks A Family Making $6,000 A Year Is Too Rich To Qualify For Medicaid

Christie has proposed cutting Medicaid eligibility to absurdly low levels: from the current maximum income of $24,645 to $5,317 a year for a family of three. Apparently, the governor believes a family of three making $6,000 a year is simply too rich to receive Medicaid.

The New Jersey press has reported that the main effect of his proposal would be to slash help for the working poor, tearing a huge hole in the state’s social safety net:

Adults in a family of three that makes as little as $103 a week would earn too much to qualify for health care provided by Medicaid under a sharply curtailed program Gov. Chris Christie wants the federal government to approve this year, according to state officials and advocates briefed on the proposal.[...]

The Christie administration is expected to propose cutting the maximum income level of Medicaid from $24,645 to $5,317 a year for a family of three [...]

“That is about a third of the poverty level,” Castro said. “That means that an uninsured parent working full time at a minimum-wage job wouldn’t be eligible. … A parent who works half-time for minimum wage wouldn’t even qualify.

“Unfortunately, the only way these parents can become eligible for health coverage in the future is if the parent applies for and is eligible for welfare,” Castro added. “That sends the wrong message.”

Democratic lawmakers are furious that Christie is insisting on making $300 million in cuts on the backs of poor and disabled residents.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/06/02/231147/christie-medicaid-recipients-rich/

==========

That's Wall St Christie's implementation of sharing the pain, Wall St ethics.

People are garbage, disposable.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-02-2011, 09:57 AM
So he bought a 12.5 zillion dollar helicopter for this trip? Interesting.

Cry Havoc
06-02-2011, 11:41 AM

Uh, that's only applicable in criminal court. So unless you want him drawn up on charges...

Cry Havoc
06-02-2011, 11:45 AM
So he bought a 12.5 zillion dollar helicopter for this trip? Interesting.

No, those choppers are normally used for less important matters. Like, you know, emergency medical transport. Which is obviously lower on the priority list than a baseball game.

baseline bum
06-02-2011, 12:29 PM
The cheerleading is amazing here. On what planet is using taxpayer dollars for a helicopter flight to a fucking baseball game considered ethical? What a fat piece of shit Christie is. Amazingly, he's still not as crooked as the previous guy though.

DarrinS
06-02-2011, 12:43 PM
The cheerleading is amazing here. On what planet is using taxpayer dollars for a helicopter flight to a fucking baseball game considered ethical? What a fat piece of shit Christie is. Amazingly, he's still not as crooked as the previous guy though.

I agree that it is a waste of power and tax-payers' money.

That being said, how does Obama get to his various golf courses and dinners with Michelle?

Also, why is Christie's weight important?

clambake
06-02-2011, 12:49 PM
he gets around the same way the brush cutter got around.

ChumpDumper
06-02-2011, 01:12 PM
I agree that it is a waste of power and tax-payers' money.

That being said, how does Obama get to his various golf courses and dinners with Michelle?I'm pretty sure I've seen Obama walk 100 yards tbh.

DMX7
06-02-2011, 01:31 PM
That being said, how does Obama get to his various golf courses and dinners with Michelle?

Also, why is Christie's weight important?

Obama is the President. He has more threats against his life (probably from Tea Baggers) than any other person on Earth. He gets the security and gets to travel first class because he holds the highest elected office ever to exist.

Christie's weight is important because it adds to the fuel cost. :lmao

That is one fat man.

DarrinS
06-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Obama is the President. He has more threats against his life (probably from Tea Baggers) than any other person on Earth.

Ok, this is the second time your dumb race-baiting ass has made this assertion. Do you have any facts to back that up? Or, do you just make shit up?

Winehole23
06-02-2011, 02:01 PM
(Turn it around on yourself, sensei. Can you see your own face in it?)

DarrinS
06-02-2011, 02:11 PM
(turn it around on yourself, sensei. Can you see your own face in it?)

Bow to your sensei!

Winehole23
06-02-2011, 02:22 PM
You just bowed to yourself, sensei.

My own grovelling would be superfluous at best, and at worst, would only blemish the impression of perfect vanity you have just created for our edification.

MannyIsGod
06-02-2011, 02:25 PM
I don't get why you have to qualify this waste with an Obama waste. Its not like you guys don't start enough threads being critical of Obama. Its OK to point out how much of a worthless human someone has to be to avoid walking 100 fucking yards without a "but" included. Doing so might actually earn you some credibility for once.

Winehole23
06-02-2011, 02:27 PM
To warn us of we might become, no doubt. You are a wiser sensei than I thought at first.

Will you teach us more?

DarrinS
06-02-2011, 03:54 PM
To warn us of we might become, no doubt. You are a wiser sensei than I thought at first.

???

MannyIsGod
06-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Reading comprehension is hard.

DarrinS
06-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Reading comprehension is hard.

His sentence was nonsensical.

MannyIsGod
06-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Well, someone with critical thinking skills might at that point take a look at the whole of WH's posts in this thread to discern the meaning and context of his statement.

TeyshaBlue
06-02-2011, 04:33 PM
lolz

Winehole23
06-02-2011, 05:06 PM
In my ignorance and haste I left out the relative pronoun. The line should read:

To remind us of what we might become... I regret the error and cede to the fastidious incomprehension of Sensei Darrin. My remarks were totally nonsensical.

DMX7
06-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Context clues are hard. They are for elitist.

Wild Cobra
06-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Uh, that's only applicable in criminal court. So unless you want him drawn up on charges...
The idea should remain to a great extent against making others look bad as well. We all know that in politics, people make stuff up or twist situations. I maintain that until substantial evidence is shown, we should understand there may have been good reason.

Wild Cobra
06-02-2011, 06:29 PM
No, those choppers are normally used for less important matters. Like, you know, emergency medical transport. Which is obviously lower on the priority list than a baseball game.
Police escort via chopper rather than ground? Isn't that part of their job too?

The governors personal life need not be on hold, and I find it funny how only one time was given, not two. Maybe he needed the swift transportation between other appointments as well?

Bottom line is, there are not enough facts anyone has listed to assume he improperly used a police helicopter.

ChumpDumper
06-02-2011, 06:36 PM
The idea should remain to a great extent against making others look bad as well.Or one's self.

You should always plead the fifth, WC.

ChumpDumper
06-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Police escort via chopper rather than ground? Isn't that part of their job too?

The governors personal life need not be on hold, and I find it funny how only one time was given, not two. Maybe he needed the swift transportation between other appointments as well?

Bottom line is, there are not enough facts anyone has listed to assume he improperly used a police helicopter.He used it to go to a few innings of a high school baseball game.

How is that proper, WC?

Wild Cobra
06-02-2011, 06:39 PM
He used it to go to a few innings of a high school baseball game.

How is that proper, WC?
Is that all he used it for, or was he using it anyway and had time to stop there, sending a car ahead?

Do you know?

ChumpDumper
06-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Is that all he used it for, or was he using it anyway and had time to stop there, sending a car ahead?

Do you know?How would that make it proper?

Explain.

Wild Cobra
06-02-2011, 06:50 PM
How would that make it proper?

Explain.
If you did any research on the topic, you would find they are using these new helicopters regularly to get the pilots more familiar with them. The trip location doesn't matter so much as getting the flight time for the pilots. That was just one reason given in articles if you were to look for yourself. There are others.

ChumpDumper
06-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Read all that.

Explain.

Crookshanks
06-02-2011, 06:52 PM
NJ governor reimburses state for chopper flights

By BETH DeFALCO, Associated Press Beth Defalco, Associated Press – 7 mins ago

TRENTON, N.J. – After taking a beating for more than a day, Gov. Chris Christie agreed Thursday to reimburse the state for personal use of a police helicopter to fly to two of his son's high school baseball games and a political dinner with GOP donors.

But the governor, revered among Republicans for his hard-charging, budget-cutting ways and reviled among many Democrats for the same traits, made no apologies for what called an effort to be a good father.

Christie, often mentioned as a potential 2012 presidential candidate, said he paid $2,100 and asked the state Republican Party to pay $1,200 to cover the costs — not because he believed he was in the wrong, but because the furor had become a distraction from serious matters.

"I want to make sure the public understands that I'm doing this because of the duty I feel to them to have my attention and everyone else's attention focused 100 percent on the real problems of this state," he said, "not the political theater and media theater that people enjoy at times."

"I also understand this is a really fun media story for all of you," he told reporters at a bill signing ceremony in Denville.

He said he had been assured by the State Police that he did not have to reimburse the state for the personal flights because the pilots needed to log the flying hours anyway to keep their skills sharp. And he said he chose to fly to his son's ballgames as a way of balancing his role as governor because there was no other way to get there in time.

"We tried to balance me being governor, and my demands on that, with my responsibility as a father," Christie said during a bill signing in Denville. "I'm governor 24-7, every single day, but I'm also a father. And the fact of the matter is, sometimes when you are governor, you do not control your schedule."

Christie's reversal came a day after a spokesman said the governor would not make a reimbursement, defending the trips as appropriate.

The conflict started Tuesday night when Christie flew about 70 miles from the Statehouse to Montvale in a month-old $12.5 million helicopter to watch his oldest son, Andrew, start as catcher — a position Christie also played in high school — for Delbarton, a private Catholic prep school.

Christie was joined by his wife, Mary Pat, at the game. Afterward, they flew the 75 miles to the official governor's mansion in Princeton for dinner with a group of top GOP campaign contributors. The donors, from Iowa, tried unsuccessfully to persuade Christie to run for president.

A list released by Christie's office on Thursday also showed that the governor used the helicopter Friday to fly to another one of his son's games.

Christie is paying for two flights and the GOP is paying for the flight to meet with campaign donors because the meeting was political, he said.

A list released by Christie's office Thursday shows that he used the helicopter 33 times since becoming governor in January 2010. The most common use was for trips to New York City, which were made on nine occasions — including two for media interviews.

When done by car, it can be disruptive because troopers shut the Lincoln Tunnel to other traffic for security reasons.

Christie's turnabout comes after criticism from Democrats, who said they would call a hearing to look into the governor's use of the helicopter, which is part of a fleet also used by State Police to respond to medical and other emergencies.

"Chris Christie has now taken his arrogance to the next level," said state Democratic Party chairman John Wisniewski.

But Christie has used a helicopter less than other New Jersey governors, such as Jim McGreevey, who took 272 flights during his first 10 months in office, including 14 non-governmental trips. The Democratic Party reimbursed the state $18,200 for those trips after it hit the news.

Monmouth University political scientist Patrick Murray said Christie erred politically by not being contrite sooner after the issue started making headlines, saying his explanation may fall short with the public.

"I think that the parent thing would work if there weren't the other images surrounding it," Murray said, referring to the presidential-bid meeting after the game.

But University of Virginia political science professor Larry Sabato said the flap wouldn't damage Christie among his national Republican following.

"Republicans are so keen on Christie that this didn't bother them in the first place," he said.

___

Associated Press writers Angela Delli Santi in Trenton, Josh Lederman in Denville and Geoff Mulvihill in Haddonfield contributed to this report.

ChumpDumper
06-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Since crookshanks emphasized McGreevey's helicopter use, she thinks Christie's use was also improper.

OK.

I'm glad he did the right thing and reimbursed the police.

Wild Cobra
06-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Since crookshanks emphasized McGreevey's helicopter use, she thinks Christie's use was also improper.

OK.

I'm glad he did the right thing and reimbursed the police.
Are the two situations related? In what way? were they new helicopters flying anyway, with or without a passenger?

Wild Cobra
06-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Did a quick search.

277 times in the first year vs. 35 times total for Christie. Those 277 times were with choppers already in service, not being flown for required pilot familiarization time by the FAA.

ChumpDumper
06-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Are the two situations related? In what way? were they new helicopters flying anyway, with or without a passenger?She made the connection. Ask her.

I'm glad he reimbursed the police after using their helicopter for his own personal taxi.

Are you?

Yes or no.

ChumpDumper
06-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Did a quick search.

277 times in the first year vs. 35 times total for Christie. Those 277 times were with choppers already in service, not being flown for required pilot familiarization time by the FAA.They still have to be flown regularly, do they not?

Yes or no.

I'm glad they were reimbursed for those flights. I hope Christie does the same for all his flights.

Wild Cobra
06-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Read all that.

Explain.
I'm not going to write your term paper. i have better things to do. if you don't understand the facts, or are biased against the truth. Why should I waste my time?

The facts are there. Deal with it.

ChumpDumper
06-02-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm not going to write your term paper. i have better things to do. if you don't understand the facts, or are biased against the truth. Why should I waste my time?

The facts are there. Deal with it.I already did.

It was an improper use of a police helicopter. I'm glad the police were reimbursed.

Are you glad they were reimbursed?

Yes or no.

Wild Cobra
06-02-2011, 07:08 PM
I already did.

It was an improper use of a police helicopter. I'm glad the police were reimbursed.

Yes or no.
We disagree.

ChumpDumper
06-02-2011, 07:10 PM
We disagree.It's a yes or no question.

Yes or no.

DMX7
06-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Christie has essentially conceded that he was wrong by reimbursing the police, yet WildIdiot still thinks it was a legitimate expenditure…

Do you need any more proof that WC is brainwashed? All Tea Baggers are... Pathetic.

http://blog.nj.com/njv_editorial_page/2011/06/christie_should_pay_for_choppe.html

ChumpDumper
06-02-2011, 08:08 PM
If you want a chopper to ferry you around, pay for it or submit a budget for it.

It's simple.

baseline bum
06-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Amazing how partisan people can be here on something so clearly an abuse of power. LOL @ paying for it after being shamed into it. No surprise that saving money applies to everyone but him though.

Wild Cobra
06-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Christie has essentially conceded that he was wrong by reimbursing the police, yet WildIdiot still thinks it was a legitimate expenditure…

Do you need any more proof that WC is brainwashed? All Tea Baggers are... Pathetic.

http://blog.nj.com/njv_editorial_page/2011/06/christie_should_pay_for_choppe.html
If that's all your mind can grasp. Who am i to try to make you see clearly.

ChumpDumper
06-02-2011, 08:53 PM
If you want a chopper to ferry you around, pay for it or submit a budget for it.

It's simple.And anything else is improper.

jack sommerset
06-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Did Barry ever pay back the hundred of thousand of dollars he spent on Date night to NYC. You remember, the air force one flight, limo, chopper.....He pulled no stops that night on the tax payer. He had to pay that money back. What am I thinking for asking such a silly question.

ChumpDumper
06-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Did Barry ever pay back the hundred of thousand of dollars he spent on Date night to NYC. You remember, the air force one flight, limo, chopper.....He pulled no stops that night on the tax payer. He had to pay that money back. What am I thinking for asking such a silly question.Budgeted.

Next.

ElNono
06-02-2011, 09:00 PM
I'm glad he ponied up. McGreevey was an asshole too, and he paid.

Now if we have to start comparing Christie with Obama, McGreevey or Corzine, then what is it exactly that's 'great' about this guy?

ElNono
06-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Amazing how partisan people can be here on something so clearly an abuse of power. LOL @ paying for it after being shamed into it. No surprise that saving money applies to everyone but him though.

It's ok... He's just like Obama...

Cry Havoc
06-02-2011, 10:36 PM
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/06/christie_refuses_to_reimburse.html

It's great that he was so willing to pay for the helicopter ride from the get-go.

Cry Havoc
06-02-2011, 10:39 PM
"The governor does not reimburse for security and travel," a spokesman for the governor, Kevin Roberts, said in an e-mail message. "The use of air travel has been extremely limited and appropriate."

The State Police said the flight taken by Christie and his wife, Mary Pat, had presented "no additional cost to taxpayers."

:wow

ElNono
06-02-2011, 10:58 PM
"The governor does not reimburse for security and travel," a spokesman for the governor, Kevin Roberts, said in an e-mail message. "The use of air travel has been extremely limited and appropriate."

The State Police said the flight taken by Christie and his wife, Mary Pat, had presented "no additional cost to taxpayers."

:wow

Yeah, they were trying to spin it like if he didn't travel the chopper would have been flown anyways. Which could be true, but doesn't take away from the fact that he was using state property for personal matters.

DarrinS
06-02-2011, 11:20 PM
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/123039698.html

/thread

Cry Havoc
06-03-2011, 12:05 AM

/thread

Do you realize how late to the party you are?

I mean, not reading the thread IS par for the course for you, but still.

baseline bum
06-03-2011, 12:42 AM
So if I steal someone's TV and then give it back an hour later when the cops come, I'm off the hook?

DMX7
06-03-2011, 02:17 AM

/thread

Good god. Clueless as usual.

ChumpDumper
06-03-2011, 03:37 AM
DarrinS displays his superior critical thinking skills once again.

ChumpDumper
06-03-2011, 03:48 AM
Why didn't he pay for all the time he went to New York City?

Torso
06-03-2011, 09:37 AM
He just can't do things like that!

jack sommerset
06-03-2011, 01:48 PM
LoL@ million dollar date night is in budget!!!!!!!

ChumpDumper
06-03-2011, 01:51 PM
LoL@ million dollar date night is in budget!!!!!!!How is it not, jack?

Explain.

And provide a link to its costing $1 million.

DarrinS
06-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Clearly, this is the greatest scandal of our times.

ChumpDumper
06-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Clearly, this is the greatest scandal of our times.Right up there with LED light bulb mandates.

ElNono
06-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Or laundry detergent for the alpha male...