PDA

View Full Version : Trade Proposal

mfanatic
05-31-2011, 07:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3d49f4u

Spurs get a more suitable PG and a C that can take over after Duncan

Jazz get a better point guard, a great backup SG (whose value is VERY HIGH), Dyess who will retire, and Blair

Harris/Hill
Manu/Anderson
Jefferson/Fill
Duncan/Bonner
Jefferson/Splitter

Russo21
05-31-2011, 07:54 PM
I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. I thought of pretty much the same trade a while back. Al Jefferson is a mega beast and i have mad respect for Devin Harris, he is a legitimate PG. You let go of Gary Neal in that scenario though, i'd love to keep him around:-)

Awesome lineup- but we'd still have to do something with Richard Jefferson! I really don't want him here as our starting SF any longer. Pull that trade off then get rid of Dick Jefferson to and we are good to go!

Al Jefferson
Tim Duncan
RJ trade partner/ Insert Free Agent starting SF like Diaw, Josh Howard, AK47
Manu Ginobil
Devin Harris

Nasty lineup :)

k_nguyen93
05-31-2011, 09:31 PM
That's an interesting trade I believe the Jazz are targeting Brandon Knight with that #3 pick so it makes sense that they want to unload Harris. I understand Neal is a role player but I'd really like to keep him. Also I haven't watched Harris play in awhile but isn't he just Tony Parker Lite? His ceiling seems to a regular Tony Parker season and hes about the same age. 3 point shooting worse than Tony probably and he was on that horrid Nets team that couldn't play defense. Same knock on Jefferson, the got has the post moves but no defense.

spurs10
05-31-2011, 09:48 PM
I don't see us trading the younger guys whose salaries are low. Dice, RJ, and Bonner I could see. Probably aren't getting Al away from them though.

spectator
06-01-2011, 12:44 AM
bad trade. how r u guys not getting this? the spurs had the best, the best, i repeat, the best regular season off. efficiency. again, the best. scoring is not a problem with the current cast.

so what u suggest is to blow up our best pg who knows our system in and out (so much so that during the regular season, ghill was being interviewed about running more plays from pop's cookbook and said that he could not even dream about doing the things tony parker is doing) and get another guy (al jeff.) to play 30-36 min in the post, who cannot defend.

so this should make us better ... how? not from the off. efficiency standpoint. and for sure, it is not the defensive efficiency.

some of these ppl just put crap into the trade machine, add some big salaries and claim they have the panacea for everything spurs-related.

mfanatic
06-01-2011, 12:55 AM
bad trade. how r u guys not getting this? the spurs had the best, the best, i repeat, the best regular season off. efficiency. again, the best. scoring is not a problem with the current cast.

so what u suggest is to blow up our best pg who knows our system in and out (so much so that during the regular season, ghill was being interviewed about running more plays from pop's cookbook and said that he could not even dream about doing the things tony parker is doing) and get another guy (al jeff.) to play 30-36 min in the post, who cannot defend.

so this should make us better ... how? not from the off. efficiency standpoint. and for sure, it is not the defensive efficiency.

some of these ppl just put crap into the trade machine, add some big salaries and claim they have the panacea for everything spurs-related.

We get better, Harris is a better defender, he's bigger and stronger, and he's a better PG. We get ANOTHER 7 footer in the paint, how does that not make us better?

mosdef17
06-01-2011, 01:13 AM
You'd need to get another team involved, perhaps a team trying to move up and acquire a veteran to finally start winning some games. In return they may be willing to part with a younger piece because the Jazz aren't going to take on that commitment (4years, $50m?) with Parker. A basic example of this would be;

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3cgb6l9

Still not 100% sold on acquiring Al Jefferson either, would much prefer a few more defensive minded guys, but those guys are always in high demand - especially big men.

itzsoweezee
06-01-2011, 01:14 AM
We get better, Harris is a better defender, he's bigger and stronger, and he's a better PG. We get ANOTHER 7 footer in the paint, how does that not make us better?

Lol, since when is Al Jefferson a 7 footer? And on that note, since when is Devin Harris a better PG than Parker, or even bigger and stronger than Parker?

spectator
06-01-2011, 01:27 AM

better defender? maybe. not sold on harris defensively. better pg? wow. i guess i have been watching the new jersey nets / utah jazz in opposite world.

as far as the other 7 footer in the paint, it does not make us better because all he does is score, without defending. seriously, he sucks at defense. we already have the best off. rating in the league (aka. we can score a lot of points efficiently) but we cannot stop anyone anymore.

our best post line-up in the past 2 yrs. was duncan-dice: won vs. dallas in po, lost to the suns, lost to memphis. one line-up killed us with pick and roll (but we got splitter for that) and the other one killed us inside.

the best thing for the spurs would be a true (healthy) center like nene, healthy oden, healthy bynum, so that duncan can shed a few pounds and play power forward again. will we get that? probably not. but i'd rather roll the dice with splitter than going into full rebuild mode with that trade.

Robz4000
06-01-2011, 02:18 AM
No chance TP would be traded unless it was for a legitimate star player, and cutting ties with Dejuan Blair and Gary Neal only sours the deal more. I like Al Jefferson and Devin Harris, but in the long run that trade would more than likely hurt the Spurs. If we were to do it, we'd gain an offensive big while losing a very good PG and clutch talent.