PDA

View Full Version : Transgender Student Makes Prom Queen! I'm just glad we can progress as a society

CubanSucks
05-31-2011, 08:57 PM
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43230133/ns/today-today_people/t/transgender-student-makes-history-prom-night/?gt1=43001

Transgender student makes history on prom night
Florida teen is first transgender person to be prom queen at a U.S. public school

Just about every girl growing up dreams of being prom queen.

So did Andrew Viveros, who had his wish become a reality when he was crowned McFatter High School's prom queen Friday night.

Viveros, who for the past two years has gone by the name Andii, is a transgender who fought to get his name on the prom queen ballot. He is the first transgender to be named prom queen at a public school in the United States.

"I was in shock," Viveros said. "I was just smiling."

Viveros received the most votes over 14 girls for the coveted title at the Davie, Fla., technical school.

A few students didn't think Viveros should have been allowed to compete for the title and started a petition to get his name off the ballot for prom queen. Viveros, who is also president of the school's Gay-Straight Alliance, wrote a speech to explain why he had a right to run.

"Why would I run for prom king? I'll have to wear a tux, which I'm not going to do," Viveros said. "I'm going to wear an evening gown."
Advertise | AdChoices

The prom king, Juan Macias, is also a member of the Gay-Straight Alliance.

Viveros' parents were also proud of their child's accomplishment.

He's my child and I'm going to love him no matter what," Viveros' mom, Bernadette Viveros said.

Now, Andii hopes his crown and sash helps pave the way for other teens like him.

"It can open up doors for others who don't have a lot of encouragement," Viveros said.

just kidding about the progress part lol this is fucking annoying

thispego
05-31-2011, 09:08 PM
oh my god it's hideous!

Creepn
05-31-2011, 11:01 PM
This must look very weird to the other countries looking in at this.

thispego
05-31-2011, 11:07 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/5ocmkm.jpgtlong'd hit it

mouse
05-31-2011, 11:14 PM
koriwhat you have no excuse now.

Leetonidas
05-31-2011, 11:22 PM
Fuck being the Prom King then

thispego
05-31-2011, 11:24 PM
the prom king in the picture looks like a chick. transgendered prom queen & king? that school is fucked up.

IronMaxipad
05-31-2011, 11:46 PM
meh

Sisk
06-01-2011, 12:01 AM
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/51141570-aef2-4d87-846d-334ad99ab36b.gif

CubanSucks
06-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Fuck being the Prom King then

The prom king, Juan Macias, is also a member of the Gay-Straight Alliance.

Booharv
06-01-2011, 12:13 AM
I guarantee you CubanSucks makes those two look like supermodels.

Cry Havoc
06-01-2011, 12:54 AM
McFatter High School

lol

dirk4mvp's partner
06-01-2011, 12:57 AM
Some of you people need to realize the world's changing. Props to that beautiful girl for getting nominated for prom queen. :toast

CubanSucks
06-01-2011, 01:11 AM

You mean like as a guy or if I tried to be a girl?...

mouse
06-01-2011, 01:21 AM
So one person can now hold both tittles? Prom king and Queen?

Koriwhat it's a win..win! :smokin

oh crap
06-01-2011, 01:25 AM
lady guyga (who made a career of this shit) fans rejoice worldwide

Sense
06-01-2011, 01:53 AM
Kids in most schools usually go for the underdogs when voting...

so who gives a shit? I know no one in my school except the people running gave two shits about prom queen or king

Trainwreck2100
06-01-2011, 02:23 AM
Why would I run for prom king? I'll have to wear a tux, which I'm not going to do," Viveros said. "I'm going to wear an evening gown."

where the fuck is it written the prom king has to wear a tux? Bullshit argument

Blake
06-01-2011, 09:15 AM
just kidding about the progress part lol this is fucking annoying

did he/she get more votes than you?

jag
06-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Every father's dream

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-01-2011, 10:23 AM
I got no problem with him winning prom queen, but if you're gonna do that then at least have the sense of humor to elect the redneckiest hillbilly you can as the prom king and keep the camera phones rolling. My theory is it will look something like the fight scene at the end of Blazing Saddles. "He hit Buddy! Come on, girls!"

thispego
06-01-2011, 10:37 AM

:lmao

DMC
06-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Meh... confused people are nothing new.

CubanSucks
06-01-2011, 03:08 PM
did he/she get more votes than you?

didn't even try. Wasn't popular enough tbh. But if I had gone to a school with as many pretentious students who fancy themselves as so progressive, and if I had ran as the new politically charged social status (gay, which is ultimately what this guy is), then I along with anyone else would've had a chance

Stringer_Bell
06-01-2011, 04:48 PM
0-h-mp1Gh5U

Blake
06-01-2011, 04:58 PM
didn't even try. Wasn't popular enough tbh. But if I had gone to a school with as many pretentious students who fancy themselves as so progressive, and if I had ran as the new politically charged social status (gay, which is ultimately what this guy is), then I along with anyone else would've had a chance

so you are annoyed that someone else that's different than you is getting a lot of attention.

good job at giving shim more attention with this thread.

AmericanPsycho
06-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Wgaf!?!?

Tinystarz
06-01-2011, 05:04 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/24muvte.jpg

BlackSwordsMan
06-01-2011, 05:07 PM
TINY! Stop teasing us like this.

MannyIsGod
06-01-2011, 05:20 PM

I don't get why you're so butt hurt over shit that doesn't even concern you. You're worse than some gossipy old ass woman.

MannyIsGod
06-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Also, I don't think I've ever seen someone who is allegedly straight care so much about Prom Queen.

The Gemini Method
06-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Good for them.

It'll be a memory for the two. I can't even remember who was Prom Queen or King when I was in HS. Not that it matters when you've been out of HS this long.

CubanSucks
06-01-2011, 05:36 PM
so you are annoyed that someone else that's different than you is getting a lot of attention.

good job at giving shim more attention with this thread.

I don't get why you're so butt hurt over shit that doesn't even concern you. You're worse than some gossipy old ass woman.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen someone who is allegedly straight care so much about Prom Queen.

I couldn't give two shits about anyone's prom. I never cared or even found out who our prom king and queen was. Only thing I rolled my eyes to when I read about this is the continued adoration for a different lifestyle. Do I think it's weird? Yes. Do I think they deserve to get ridiculed over it? No. Do I think they should get pampered more than anyone else who has an unusual lifestyle? FUCK NO

MannyIsGod
06-01-2011, 05:37 PM

Nothing says you don't care about something like starting a thread over it. How are they being pampered?

CubanSucks
06-01-2011, 06:26 PM

Nothing says you don't care about something like starting a thread over it. How are they being pampered?

:lmao:lmao

I said I didn't care about the prom part of it which was emphasized by Blake earlier in the thread. What I do get annoyed over is the obsession in our society over gays and trannys. This is just another obvious example, otherwise why would they have voted a guy as prom queen

CuckingFunt
06-01-2011, 07:28 PM
just kidding about the progress part

A fact that is made plenty obvious by the content of this thread.

MannyIsGod
06-01-2011, 07:49 PM
:lmao:lmao

I said I didn't care about the prom part of it which was emphasized by Blake earlier in the thread. What I do get annoyed over is the obsession in our society over gays and trannys. This is just another obvious example, otherwise why would they have voted a guy as prom queen

Well thats some ironic shit right there. Complaining about our societies alleged obsessions with gays after posting a thread about them. There's a reason that they say actions speak louder than words. You can deny caring all you want but the fact is that you posted about it.

You must annoy yourself on a regular basis.

Capt Bringdown
06-01-2011, 08:00 PM

LOL, The Lady Doth Protest too Much, doesn't she?.

Obsessive concern = closet case.

Closet Queen, won't you come out and play? Trade your gabardine for gold lamé.

DMC
06-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me.

Blake
06-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me.

Cool, go fuck yourself.

Isitjustme?
06-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Jesus what a moron this CubanSucks is...

CubanSucks
06-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Well thats some ironic shit right there. Complaining about our societies alleged obsessions with gays after posting a thread about them. There's a reason that they say actions speak louder than words. You can deny caring all you want but the fact is that you posted about it.

You must annoy yourself on a regular basis.

The thread's about the obsession, not the gays themselves. I already said I don't give a fuck if someone wants to cross dress. So let's go over it again.

gays and trannys: don't give a shit
constantly being reminded and patronized about how they're equal to everyone else: annoying

Bringing up a subject that annoys you and complaining about it because it's obsessed over by others isn't ironic at all. Think of how many times people whine over Bieber's popularity

Capt Bringdown
06-02-2011, 01:59 AM
constantly being reminded and patronized about how they're equal to everyone else: annoying

http://twankhard.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/cool-dog-hey-cool-story-bro41.jpg

CubanSucks
06-02-2011, 02:05 AM
http://twankhard.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/cool-dog-hey-cool-story-bro41.jpg

You're 2 pages late for that kinda response

mingus
06-02-2011, 02:27 AM
I couldn't give two shits about anyone's prom. I never cared or even found out who our prom king and queen was. Only thing I rolled my eyes to when I read about this is the continued adoration for a different lifestyle. Do I think it's weird? Yes. Do I think they deserve to get ridiculed over it? No. Do I think they should get pampered more than anyone else who has an unusual lifestyle? FUCK NO

it's not adoration for a lifestyle, it's adoration for a person who had the courage to live a lifestyle a lot of people view as immoral and all that bull.

whether or not the person wants to hear it, he/she had a lot of balls for doing that with the probability of so much ridicule.

CubanSucks
06-02-2011, 02:31 AM
it's not adoration for a lifestyle, it's adoration for a person who had the courage to live a lifestyle a lot of people view as immoral and all that bull.

whether or not the person wants to hear it, he/she had a lot of balls for doing that with the probability of so much ridicule.

from what I've read, you'd be hard-pressed to hear any ridicule of him at that school

BRHornet45
06-02-2011, 02:32 AM
sons its a sick fucking world we are living in now days

BRHornet45
06-02-2011, 02:34 AM
Some of you people need to realize the world's changing. Props to that beautiful girl for getting nominated for prom queen. :toast

lol son stop stealing MSNBC's news headlines k ?

DMX7
06-02-2011, 02:35 AM
Cool, go fuck yourself.

lol, he walked right into that one.

BRHornet45
06-02-2011, 02:39 AM
Manny needs his self righteous, bitch ass stomped into the fucking ground. That dude is the poster boy for anyone who desires to walk on eggshells their entire lives and be politically correct.

CubanSucks
06-02-2011, 04:53 AM
Manny needs his self righteous, bitch ass stomped into the fucking ground. That dude is the poster boy for anyone who desires to walk on eggshells their entire lives and be politically correct.

http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/339048_o.gif

MannyIsGod
06-02-2011, 09:09 AM
The thread's about the obsession, not the gays themselves. I already said I don't give a fuck if someone wants to cross dress. So let's go over it again.

Bringing up a subject that annoys you and complaining about it because it's obsessed over by others isn't ironic at all. Think of how many times people whine over Bieber's popularity

I woudln't know because I'm not obsessed about Bieber's popularity. Is that another subject you're obsessed about? You're tiered of being constantly reminded about gays and lesbians so you start a thread about one?

Makes perfect sense. :tu

MannyIsGod
06-02-2011, 09:10 AM

You think I walk on eggshells? I'm not sure you know what that means. As for being my ass; many have tried, many have failed. :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::l obt:

MannyIsGod
06-02-2011, 09:12 AM
from what I've read, you'd be hard-pressed to hear any ridicule of him at that school

:lol

Yeah, you're not obsessed at all. Too bad this was shoved into your face. Did they hold a gay gun to your head and make you read about it too?

I. Hustle
06-02-2011, 09:25 AM
You think I walk on eggshells? I'm not sure you know what that means. As for being my ass; many have tried, many have failed. :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::l obt:

Many have failed? Does that mean that some have succeeded?

I. Hustle
06-02-2011, 09:26 AM

Yeah, you're not obsessed at all. Too bad this was shoved into your face. Did they hold a gay gun to your head and make you read about it too?

It was pink and the barrel was shaped like a dong.

MannyIsGod
06-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Many have failed? Does that mean that some have succeeded?

Of course. Even Devo got his ass kicked at least once. I'm not too worried about CS and BR though. Just say "look a gay" and the fights over.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-02-2011, 09:52 AM
Manny I think autocorrect is getting the better of you this morning.

CubanSucks
06-02-2011, 03:05 PM
I woudln't know because I'm not obsessed about Bieber's popularity. Is that another subject you're obsessed about? You're tiered of being constantly reminded about gays and lesbians so you start a thread about one?

Makes perfect sense. :tu

at this point you're just trolling. I've already corrected you posting this same type of thing

:lol reading the article is obsessing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Blake
06-02-2011, 04:11 PM
:lol reading the article is obsessing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol:lol:lol:lol:lol

reading it, posting a thread about it and then whining about it is obsessing about it, imo.

Blake
06-02-2011, 04:16 PM
sons its a sick fucking world we are living in now days

you are just now noticing we live in a sick fucking world?

ask Jesus Christ how great the 'good old days' were

CubanSucks
06-02-2011, 04:48 PM
reading it, posting a thread about it and then whining about it is obsessing about it, imo.

is typing really that hard to you?

MannyIsGod
06-02-2011, 04:50 PM

Its easy to type. That being said, I know I don't start threads or whine about shit I don't care about. Case in point: I've never started a thread about prom queens.

Blake
06-02-2011, 05:08 PM

not so much.

what does that have to do with your obsession with teh transgendered?

TimmehC
06-02-2011, 06:57 PM
not so much.

what does that have to do with your obsession with teh transgendered?

Obviously, he must be a victim of "Tranny Surprise".

gospursgojas
06-03-2011, 01:38 AM
Somewhere around 05-06 it became cool to be gay