PDA

View Full Version : Dirk injures finger in Game 1

Cry Havoc
06-01-2011, 12:59 AM
Torn tendon. Ouuuuuch.

Nowitzki suffered the injury when he was called for a foul after stripping Miami's Chris Bosh with 3:44 remaining in the fourth quarter.

"I thought I stripped him clean, then I kind of looked down and I couldn't straighten my finger out anymore," said Nowitzki, who had 27 points on 7-of-18 shooting as the Mavs fell behind in a series for the first time this postseason. "So I tore a tendon in there. I guess it will be all right. I have to wear a splint probably the rest of the playoffs."

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6613978

Fpoonsie
06-01-2011, 01:01 AM
Dude.

Lame.

Cry Havoc
06-01-2011, 01:03 AM
Dude.

Lame.

What's lame? I said ouch because it fucking hurts to tear a tendon in your finger.

Fpoonsie
06-01-2011, 01:05 AM
What's lame? I said ouch because it fucking hurts to tear a tendon in your finger.

Lulz. I wasn't calling you out.

That was a completely sympathetic "Dude. Lame."

Cry Havoc
06-01-2011, 01:07 AM
Lulz. I wasn't calling you out.

That was a completely sympathetic "Dude. Lame."

Ah.

At least it's on his left hand. Mavs are in serious trouble if it affects his play at all though.

jjktkk
06-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Tough injury for Dirk. But at least its his non shooting hand.

LakerHater
06-01-2011, 01:21 AM
There was already a thread here somewhere in this GIANT mavs meltdown!!

dirk4mvp's partner
06-01-2011, 01:36 AM
I just hope the Dallas Maverick guys can win the next game.

4>0rings
06-01-2011, 01:41 AM
He probably injured it finger banging this sasquatch

http://s11.allstarpics.net/images/orig/w/c/wc99nftorn5twt9r.jpg

Jacob1983
06-01-2011, 01:41 AM
Biggest game in Mavs' history is game 2. Let's see if the Mavs want to win. At least win a fucking damn road game in the Finals so people can't hold that shit over Dirk and the Mavs.

Fpoonsie
06-01-2011, 01:43 AM

Oh, shit. I musta lost sight of it between "I" and "G"...

jjktkk
06-01-2011, 01:49 AM

I hope Dirk has gotten better in his choice of hot chicks.. :lol

spurs777
06-01-2011, 02:11 AM
I hope Dirk has gotten better in his choice of hot chicks.. :lol
Jessica Olsson

dbestpro
06-01-2011, 07:14 AM
Dirk knows better than to try and play defense.

koriwhat
06-01-2011, 08:23 AM
Excuses... Thats the mavs for you

cd98
06-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Injury to Dirk = End of Mavs.

lefty
06-01-2011, 09:53 AM

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2633/4012903559_a7bff0827a.jpg

Dex
06-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Awkward.

stretch
06-01-2011, 10:24 AM
hopefully it doesnt hurt Dirk's rebounding any more. his laziness at securing rebounds has already been bad enough.

Fpoonsie
06-01-2011, 10:30 AM
hopefully it doesnt hurt Dirk's rebounding any more. his laziness at securing rebounds has already been bad enough.

Yeah, I was screaming at the fucking TV last night, cursing Dirk's mother for the lack of emphasis and importance she placed on grabbing boards. Numerous guards would run in the paint and out-hustle the 7-footer, and I would simply take another drink.

It was confounding.

pauls931
06-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Who does God hate more, the Mavs or Suns? At least it's his non-shooting hand.

4>0rings
06-01-2011, 03:52 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2633/4012903559_a7bff0827a.jpg
:rollin

badfish22
06-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Excuses... Thats the mavs for you

Reporting an injury = excuses?

You were the one a month ago who was :cry about Manu :lol

ducks
06-01-2011, 03:59 PM

he sucked asses rebound
what is he too good to rebound wtf

koriwhat
06-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Reporting an injury = excuses?

You were the one a month ago who was :cry about Manu :lol

Was i, because i doubt i said anything here if i was. It is what it is, but you have to admit, every time the mavs are outplayed it's because of something other than the fact that they simply can't get it done on the big stage.

DMC
06-01-2011, 04:41 PM
he sucked asses rebound
what is he too good to rebound wtf

He's a shooter. He's not a good rebounder. He also doesn't run the floor well which is how Bosh got that dunk on him in the waning seconds of the game.

ElNono
06-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Arm fracture > Torn tendon :cry :cry :cry :cry

stretch
06-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Was i, because i doubt i said anything here if i was. It is what it is, but you have to admit, every time the mavs are outplayed it's because of something other than the fact that they simply can't get it done on the big stage.

I dont think anyone has said that his injury was a major blow or an excuse except you and other stupidass spurfans

in fact dirk didnt even bring it up. someone asked him in the presser after the game, and he tried his best to avoid talking about it. it wasnt until the 2nd or 3rd question about it did he actually address what happened to him, and dismissed it as much as he could.

of course, no one should expect you to know what the fuck you are talking about, you illiterate dropout dumbfuck

DMC
06-01-2011, 05:08 PM
I dont think anyone has said that his injury was a major blow or an excuse except you and other stupidass spurfans

in fact dirk didnt even bring it up. someone asked him in the presser after the game, and he tried his best to avoid talking about it. it wasnt until the 2nd or 3rd question about it did he actually address what happened to him, and dismissed it as much as he could.

of course, no one should expect you to know what the fuck you are talking about, you illiterate dropout dumbfuck

You did pretty good there, kinda withered at the end. Call your sponsor. :lol

koriwhat
06-01-2011, 05:14 PM

:cry

i'm def ILL but illiterate? come at me when you're a man and not some little bitch like you are.

stretch
06-01-2011, 05:19 PM
:cry

i'm def ILL but illiterate? come at me when you're a man and not some little bitch like you are.

lol trying to call another person out for not being a man

lol calling another man a bitch

lol challenging someone to a fight

lol backing out after getting stepped to

lol male secretary

lol dipshit

koriwhat
06-01-2011, 05:21 PM
lol trying to call another person out for not being a man

lol calling another man a bitch

lol challenging someone to a fight

lol backing out after getting stepped to

lol male secretary

lol dipshit

i'm not going to play the LOL game with you... i fuckin' hate that mavs fan shtick.

btw, you stepped to no one and we all know that. southside fool, come to the gym! nuff said.

edit: who you calling a male secretary? you're like 5 months late bitch!

Giuseppe
06-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Arm fracture > Torn tendon :cry :cry :cry :cry

& Manure sat on his ass with it. Dirk has yet to sit.

LakerHater
06-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Here it is:
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180673

mavsfan1000
06-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Fuck my life.

Fpoonsie
06-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Fuck my life.

Agreed.

You should end it.

Fpoonsie
06-01-2011, 06:14 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's kicking himself for wearing that splint on it at the postgame presser. Shoulda just left it untreated until the whole thing was over. Now, the injury talk is out there, and Joel/Bosh have a weak point to focus on mid-game.

Expect a lot of attention paid to that finger by BOTH teams.

duncan228
06-01-2011, 07:32 PM
From Game Two's preview, hit the link for the whole piece.

Nowitzki took the practice court wearing a splint to keep the finger straight and figures it’ll be mostly a nuisance for the next month or two. He and shooting coach Holger Geschwindner were planning their own workout later Wednesday to see which moves Nowitzki can and can’t make and to come up with ways to compensate, starting with Game 2 of the NBA finals against the Miami Heat on Thursday night.

...Nowitzki already is experimenting with different bandages. Trainer Casey Smith said, “We’re going to make it as small as we can,” and indeed Nowitzki’s wrap at the start of practice was smaller than what he had at a news conference a few minutes before. He was down to a hard splint under the knuckle at the tip of his left middle finger, held on by strips of white tape. The bandage looped around the knuckle and tip, leaving the nail and top exposed.

Nowitzki was hurt trying to strip the ball from Chris Bosh with a little under 4 minutes left in the opener. He knew something serious was wrong because he couldn’t straighten the tip. The injury is known as a “mallet finger” and generally takes six to eight weeks to heal.

With only quick, courtside treatment, Nowitzki managed to his 1 of 2 shots and all four free throws after the incident. He was 6 of 16 while healthy.

Because the problem is on Nowitzki’s non-shooting hand, most of what he does will not be affected.

But some of his game will be.

He likes to drive to his left, dribbling hard to get to his favorite shooting spots or taking it all the way to the rim. It also could affect him on defense; don’t expect him to swipe down on the ball with the ferocity he did on the play when he was injured.

“I think once the game starts, the adrenaline starts flowing, I don’t think it will really slow me down much,” Nowitzki said. “I’m not really worried about it.”

Maybe he should be.

Because Miami knows where he’s hurting, and everyone knows how much Nowitzki means to Dallas, it only makes sense that guys are going to swipe at his hands more than ever, knowing that even if they don’t snatch the ball, they might rattle the splint.

“Somebody’s going to swat down on it, whether they want to or not,” Bosh said. “It’s painful. As ballplayers, we all go through it.”

Teammate Jason Terry said some shooters actually benefit from hand injuries because “it helps you lock in even more.” He echoed the words of all his teammates when he emphasized how certain he was Nowitzki would still carry Dallas’ offense.

“I think Dirk can shoot the ball with his eyes closed, with no hands, if he had to, especially in a game of this magnitude,” Terry said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2011060214

DPG21920
06-01-2011, 07:34 PM
So Dirk can shoot the ball with no hands, Terry? No wonder so many Mav fans have awful takes.