PDA

View Full Version : Let's face it Mavs Fans

Amarelooms
06-01-2011, 07:27 AM
Mavs can't beat the Heat....I've accepted it....it's not like 2006 when the Mavs were better team and got screwed.

Hopefully the Mavs won't get swept....they deserve better...kinda feel bad for Dirk but life goes on. God bless sons

:elephant

TheChillFactor
06-01-2011, 07:35 AM
GJ amare. hopefully this series just makes you feel worse about 2006 when you guys choked...

koriwhat
06-01-2011, 08:20 AM
You accepted it 2 months in... Bandwagon fan!

TheManFromAcme
06-01-2011, 08:21 AM
this thing is far from over

i expect the "ohioan" in Lebum to come out at some point..

Giuseppe
06-01-2011, 08:36 AM
this thing is far from over

i expect the "ohioan" in Lebum to come out at some point..

:lolMe too, Acme.

Though he may very well have shed that cloak. The call, at command to hit outside jump shots has not been met with failure. & they are back breakers. The Bulls physically faltered on them late in that series, and early in this series the Mavs slumped where they stood on several occasions.

If he has finally gotten it, woe bePERIOD

Killakobe81
06-01-2011, 10:44 AM
:lolMe too, Acme.

Though he may very well have shed that cloak. The call, at command to hit outside jump shots has not been met with failure. & they are back breakers. The Bulls physically faltered on them late in that series, and early in this series the Mavs slumped where they stood on several occasions.

If he has finally gotten it, woe bePERIOD

If he has, this shit is over. The series, and the NBA for the forseeable future.
I said game was over when he hit that 3 at the end of the third ...it was like Kobe or MJ before him but in some ways only better. Because as magnificent as Mj was on the drive to the rack no one has ever (and though i did not see wilt or "young doc J) i am confident NO ONE has attacked the rim with the combination of lift, power and speed Lebron does. And if his jumper is working no one can stop this guy.

TampaDude
06-01-2011, 11:07 AM
If he has, this shit is over. The series, and the NBA for the forseeable future.
I said game was over when he hit that 3 at the end of the third ...it was like Kobe or MJ before him but in some ways only better. Because as magnificent as Mj was on the drive to the rack no one has ever (and though i did not see wilt or "young doc J) i am confident NO ONE has attacked the rim with the combination of lift, power and speed Lebron does. And if his jumper is working no one can stop this guy.

Yup...LeBron is clearly the best player in the NBA right now. That said, TEAMS win championships. We'll see how the Mavs respond in Game 2.

Cry Havoc
06-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Yup...LeBron is clearly the best player in the NBA right now. That said, TEAMS win championships. We'll see how the Mavs respond in Game 2.

Even scarier that LeBron and Wade were pretty much having quiet games until the 4th and they were still right alongside Dallas. Down 1 after 1, down 1 after 2.

I expect both teams to shoot better, but Dallas played better defense respective to their ceiling. They can't really play a LOT better than that on D. Miami can play significantly better than they did, as many defensive lapses were bailed out by Mav misses.

I still say that the Mavs will struggle to find any production out of JJ and Terry this series. It's a nightmare matchup for them. Miami simply possesses too much reach and speed on the wings. 3 point shooters get bothered by heavy pressure and length, and Miami excels at both of those. JJ is just completely out of his league in this series. LAL had NO one to guard him at the 1, and OKC doesn't know how to play strong defense for 48 (though they'll be pretty decent next year IMO). Without Barea's production, the Mavs need to pick it up elsewhere, and they just don't have the dependable arsenal. Caron Bulter being out really hurts them in this series.

dirk4mvp's partner
06-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Mavs can't beat the Heat....I've accepted it....it's not like 2006 when the Mavs were better team and got screwed.

Hopefully the Mavs won't get swept....they deserve better...kinda feel bad for Dirk but life goes on. God bless sons

:elephant

Don't give up on Dallas hun. We can win on Thursday, you just got to keep the faith. Lets go Dallas Mavericks!!!!!!!

Venti Quattro
06-01-2011, 11:50 AM
If Dallas can draw a lesson from that 2006 series, it ain't over until someone wins 4 games.

cheguevara
06-01-2011, 12:06 PM
I commend some mavfans for seeing the light. At least they will always have 2 Western Conference Banners and nobody can take that away from them.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but game 2 is going to be an epic beatdown. The Heat big 2 will finally play for the entire 40+ minutes rather than only the last quarter of the game.

Its only gonna get uglier for the mavs and their fans I'm afraid. I will call it, The Crucifixion

Stalin
06-01-2011, 12:22 PM
finally a realistic take, heat is just the better team

Killakobe81
06-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Problem is that the bench lineup that has been coming up aces (paired with Dirk) has been:(Haywood/Peja/Terry and Barea) ... but the heat look at that, and laugh.

The mavs have absolutely no shot at defending the heat with that lineup and I would only try it in small stretches when Lebron sits. Those are 4 avearage (at best) and porous at their worst, defenders trying to deal with 20% of the Last Gold Medal winning Olympic bball team. Plus, when they are missing shots it hurts the Mavs even worse, because that is their best scoring lineup.

Last night was just 1 game, but when your best scorers are all your weakest defenders ... against Miami where Wade and Lebron are two of their best, it places the Mavs at a huge disadvantage ...something has to give.
As someone mentioned, at least Marionwho is a good defender made up for Peja/JJB and Terry. He was great. If kidd decides to be more of a threat that would help mitigate this as well because he is good defender even at his age.

I hope we get a great series, but Im worried Lebron will make it a short one ...

Viva Las Espuelas
06-01-2011, 12:50 PM
I happily await the long-faced we'll-get'em-next-year post series press conference from the guys of north Texas. I hope Terry pressed his sleeping shorts last night. Prick sonofabitch!

Ace
06-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Both teams can play better. Mavs are bound to have atleast one game where they can't miss.

johnnymoore
06-01-2011, 12:56 PM
I hate LeBronze, but then again I hate Cuban. Of course, I hate Riley and DWhistle, too, and JET is a whiner, so odds are I'm gonna hate whoever wins.

Eff it - sweep Dallas!

Ghazi
06-01-2011, 01:00 PM
you're a Spur fan, not a Mav fan. You admitted as much yourself

As for me, I ain't ever giving up, ever!

Viva Las Espuelas
06-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Some people simply prefer fabric over hardware. And there's only one piece of hardware that matters. Oh well.

Axe Murderer
06-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Some people simply prefer fabric over hardware. And there's only one piece of hardware that matters. Oh well.

lol fat beaner spurfan pretending like he contributed to the spurs winning 4 titles

jeebus
06-01-2011, 01:13 PM
lol fat beaner spurfan pretending like he contributed to the spurs winning 4 titles
:lol angry at us spurfan because I won 4 titles in 8 years

spurs10
06-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Lesson; never sleep in the other team's panties.

Giuseppe
06-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Lesson; never sleep in the other team's panties.

Unless it's a Craigslist hookup.

koriwhat
06-01-2011, 05:20 PM
so the troll axe murderer got the ax? hahaha

4>0rings
06-01-2011, 05:27 PM
How many names has BUMP got banned under now?

siraulo23
06-01-2011, 05:32 PM
if mavs lose, bump thread 'i told you mavs fans'
if mavs win, bump thread 'you can thank me for jinxing the heat'

hmm

Stalin
06-01-2011, 05:52 PM
so which scros got banned? it looked like a mass suicide last night

mavsfan1000
06-01-2011, 06:00 PM
This series is not even worth putting effort on the anti-jinx stuff. I really do believe the Heat have every answer for the Mavs.

Ace
06-01-2011, 06:08 PM
:lol angry at us spurfan because I won 4 titles in 8 years
Then back to back early exits...

Giuseppe
06-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Then back to back early exits...

Ace is referring to:::The Skunker & 8.