PDA

View Full Version : I miss this guy...

SsKSpurs21
06-01-2011, 10:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJSNho5wRTw

Bender
06-01-2011, 02:14 PM
dang, how long has Stern been commissioner?

DeadlyDynasty
06-01-2011, 04:10 PM
dang, how long has Stern been commissioner?

Since Jordan's rookie year, I think.

ChuckD
06-01-2011, 08:35 PM
If you only remember David during Tim's time, you didn't see anything. He was Dwight Howard, 3 inches taller, with handles and a J out to 20 feet. He learned basketball as a wing player, being only 6'7" when he enrolled at Navy, and growing into his 7'1" frame while there

The two plays I always remember from that vid are the steal from Pippen, when he dribbles the ball probably 75 feet in the open court, and when Jordan tried the steal-back, does a swing through on the dead run and dunks it, and then MJ driving the baseline for a monster dunk, and gets met at about 11 feet by one David Robinson.

Rick Von Braun
06-01-2011, 08:50 PM
:depressed

My all time favorite Spurs' player... I wish the Spurs could still have a young David Robinson... a fantastic basketball player and human being.

spurs777
06-01-2011, 09:37 PM
meh

not even a top 10 spur of all time, richard jefferson is better

ChuckD
06-01-2011, 09:40 PM
You think you're funny, but you're really not.

spurs777
06-01-2011, 11:05 PM
not funny nor am I trying to be, just an honest observation.

Chomag
06-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Just like Tim, we will probably never see a player like DRob on the Spurs ever again. DRob is the man responsible for my love of the game.

SsKSpurs21
06-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Just like Tim, we will probably never see a player like DRob on the Spurs ever again. DRob is the man responsible for my love of the game.

mine too. first time i saw david play was in 1992. i was in 3rd grade, probably 4 feet tall and this guy was a GIANT! he was so fast and basically a one man show.

I. Hustle
06-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Next franchise player will be a SF. It goes center then PF then SF.

SsKSpurs21
06-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Next franchise player will be a SF. It goes center then PF then SF.

James Anderson? :wakeup

Biggems
06-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Thanks to Bob Hill, David looked like he got dominated in the WCF by Hakeem, even though he really didn't. I understand why Hill left David on an island against Hakeem, cause of all the shooters the Rockets had, but maybe he could have doubled with Rodman or someone else every once in a while. I mean, Rudy T, did that. One on one, both David and Hakeem would cancel each other out. I mean there stats are neck and neck. However, in this series, Hakeem had the much better numbers. Those numbers are misleading. As I stated earlier, David was on an island guarding Hakeem, thanks to Hill's strategy. Rudy T, on the other hand, had no real fear of the Spurs other players on the offensive end, especially Rodman. So he was able to double and even triple team David throughout the entire series. Hakeem had a great series and the Rockets won.

I wish I had all 6 games on DVD so I could watch them again. Of course it would probably make me sick watching Hill get outcoached and then watching Rodman do his own thing instead of play team ball.

That series further makes me hate Strickland even more. His stupid no look pass to no one in Robinson's rookie year, cost DRob a potential spot in the finals. I think the Spurs vs the Bad Boys would have been epic. Burn in Hell Strickland and take Bob Hill and his shitty strategy with you.

DRob 4 Life...greatest Spur ever

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Thanks to Bob Hill, David looked like he got dominated in the WCF by Hakeem, even though he really didn't. I understand why Hill left David on an island against Hakeem, cause of all the shooters the Rockets had, but maybe he could have doubled with Rodman or someone else every once in a while. I mean, Rudy T, did that. One on one, both David and Hakeem would cancel each other out. I mean there stats are neck and neck. However, in this series, Hakeem had the much better numbers. Those numbers are misleading. As I stated earlier, David was on an island guarding Hakeem, thanks to Hill's strategy. Rudy T, on the other hand, had no real fear of the Spurs other players on the offensive end, especially Rodman. So he was able to double and even triple team David throughout the entire series. Hakeem had a great series and the Rockets won.

I wish I had all 6 games on DVD so I could watch them again. Of course it would probably make me sick watching Hill get outcoached and then watching Rodman do his own thing instead of play team ball.

That series further makes me hate Strickland even more. His stupid no look pass to no one in Robinson's rookie year, cost DRob a potential spot in the finals. I think the Spurs vs the Bad Boys would have been epic. Burn in Hell Strickland and take Bob Hill and his shitty strategy with you.

DRob 4 Life...greatest Spur ever

Totally agree...I cringe every time I read how Hakeem dominated David. Anyone who actually paid attention to that series would have seen that DRob had to handle Hakeem himself while RudyT made the right call in doubling David throughout the series.

The Spurs without David were probably worse than the Cavs without Lebron. No real supporting cast. Rodman was a great rebounder and decent defender, but a total liability on the offensive side of the court. No one could spread the floor on those Spurs teams. When the playoffs rolled around teams just focused on shutting down David. Stop him and you stopped the Spurs.

baseline bum
06-02-2011, 12:33 PM
If you only remember David during Tim's time, you didn't see anything. He was Dwight Howard, 3 inches taller, with handles and a J out to 20 feet. He learned basketball as a wing player, being only 6'7" when he enrolled at Navy, and growing into his 7'1" frame while there

The two plays I always remember from that vid are the steal from Pippen, when he dribbles the ball probably 75 feet in the open court, and when Jordan tried the steal-back, does a swing through on the dead run and dunks it, and then MJ driving the baseline for a monster dunk, and gets met at about 11 feet by one David Robinson.

David was a much better defender than Howard has ever been. Robinson's peers on defense are Olajuwon, Russell, and maybe Wilt. No one else. Not Howard. Not Mutombo. Not Mourning. Not Wallace. Not Rodman...

bus driver
06-02-2011, 12:40 PM
damn has shaq always had that dumb look on his face? :wakeup

Biggems
06-02-2011, 07:24 PM
I know the award isn't all that talked about, but the IBM award for the best player in the league was a comprehensive award that looked at a player's total game and also his impact to his team. David won the award like 5 or 6 times.

It is too bad for David, that his best 7-8 years were wasted with trash around him, except for his rookie season. He did have Cummings, Elliott, and Anderson his rookie year.....unfortunately, he also had Strickland (PUKE). Still, that team was pretty darned good. Unfortunately Brown left and Willie couldn't stay healthy.

Imagine if you put David on the Bulls in 96. I honestly believe they go undefeated in the regular season and the postseason. David, Rodman, Pippen, Jordan, and Harper....scoring on that lineup would be damn near impossible. Then you have Kerr, Kukoc, Salley, and Edwards off the bench....just sick.