PDA

View Full Version : The Viability of Suicide...

Dr House
06-01-2011, 10:49 PM
From what I've gathered, there are two types of Shaq fans on the board:
A.) suicidal ones ("Shaq's not even a top 10 center in this era")
B.) blind homers ("Best center ever, bar none...")

Whatever happened to the moderates, the Rudolph Giulliani's if you will?

Beating the defending NBA champs on the road, you will note, is not really a birth right for Shaq even if he did win 2.5 championships in the not so distant past.

A similar principal applies when predicting Cowboy games; I won't take a win in Indianopolis for granted next year because we had a good run back in the '90's.

Shaq, in 2011, is a very respectable third best center of all time...

BlackSwordsMan
06-01-2011, 10:50 PM
I read this in his voice. Good read.

NewcastleKEG
06-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Almost every guy goes out on a sour note at the end. Except for a David Robinson whose already been replaced as THE GUY or a career ending injury that leaves you wanting more

It's just how the cycle goes. This is why I've posted numerous times on this forum that RIGHT NOW is the highest Kobe's stock will ever be (Debate of 7-10 player ever). Unless he wins a regular season MVP (haha) or Finals MVP then this years sweep will be the peak

Does/will Duncan get a pass because he's atleast staying on the same team instead of ''ring chasing'' unlike Shaq? Yeah I think so and it's justified.

DMC
06-02-2011, 08:51 AM
People like Shaq (the genetic freaks) cannot spend their entire careers waiting for some wealthy white man to commit to winning. They have to follow the buffalo and get what they can while hunting is good. They also have a hard time coexisting with other genetically gifted people and often will speak up to say so.

Giuseppe
06-02-2011, 10:23 AM
It's just how the cycle goes. This is why I've posted numerous times on this forum that RIGHT NOW is the highest Kobe's stock will ever be (Debate of 7-10 player ever). Unless he wins a regular season MVP (haha) or Finals MVP then this years sweep will be the peak

"You" said the same thing after Detroit beat us flat & he divorced Daddy.

Then before they could get it stopped, he put two more in the book and now ends up forever more besting Daddy.

New, yer gonna live with these last two. Cubby is gonna see to it.

& that shoe store the Heat built in your ass less than a fortnight ago? That's on the house.

Let us proceed...

Cry Havoc
06-02-2011, 11:33 AM
1. Wilt
2. Kareem
3. Shaq

Shaq over Hakeem?

TampaDude
06-02-2011, 11:38 AM
Almost every guy goes out on a sour note at the end. Except for a David Robinson whose already been replaced as THE GUY or a career ending injury that leaves you wanting more

Robinson did it right, just like Elway. Went out on top. :toast

Giuseppe
06-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Robinson did it right

Robinson just didn't do it without Duncan holding his hand. He was a Nervous Nellie type who was more pantywaist than NBA stock.

TampaDude
06-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Robinson just didn't do it without Duncan holding his hand. He was a Nervous Nellie type who was more pantywaist than NBA stock.

You'd really like to believe that, wouldn't you? :lmao

Giuseppe
06-02-2011, 12:23 PM
You'd really like to believe that, wouldn't you? :lmao

:lmao

It does feel damn good to say it though. Cathartic.

mavsfan1000
06-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Should Shaq kill himself? Everything he was about is now gone.

DMC
06-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Should Shaq kill himself? Everything he was about is now gone.
If that was true he would have done it 4 years ago. He might actually come to Dallas and give you guys a chance at a ring.

DMC
06-02-2011, 05:39 PM
"You" said the same thing after Detroit beat us flat & he divorced Daddy.

Then before they could get it stopped, he put two more in the book and now ends up forever more besting Daddy.

New, yer gonna live with these last two. Cubby is gonna see to it.

& that shoe store the Heat built in your ass less than a fortnight ago? That's on the house.

Let us proceed...
No one here but Laker fan gives a shit if a Laker beat another Laker. It's a moot point to make, and if it gets your weiner fluffy, that's good for you, but I couldn't fucking care less which has more rings.