PDA

View Full Version : Manu will be the Finals' MVP~

Shirley@Spurs
06-10-2005, 02:27 AM
I bet Manu will be the MVP of Finals if he continued his performance in the 2nd half todae! Yeah!! :king

milkyway21
06-10-2005, 02:44 AM
Game 1.......

next games 2,3,4,or 5, or 6, or 7 :rolleyes

:sleep :sleep :sleep

Duncan21
06-10-2005, 06:46 AM
no, duncan will hes been consistantly brilliant through out the finals

MaNuMaNiAc
06-10-2005, 07:00 AM
no, duncan will hes been consistantly brilliant through out the finalswhat throughout the finals?? there's only been one game!!! I think if Tim and Manu keep playing the way they are playing its going to be tough to decide

Jimcs50
06-10-2005, 07:56 AM
So far it is a tie betw Manu and TD.

In order for Manu to win it, some things will have to occur.

1. Spurs must win series.

2. Manu must hit at least 1 game winning shot.

3. Manu must average more points than TD in the series.

4. TD must have poor rebounding series(<11/game)

5. TD must average <2 blks/game.

6. Manu must average >6 assists/game.

7. TP must have poor series.

Taco
06-10-2005, 07:58 AM
FYI Pistons

That Kid Manu, he's Pretty Good!!!!

ambchang
06-10-2005, 08:01 AM
It may not be all about the stats ...
Last night, watching the game, I can't help but think, "Man, if this game happened last year, the Spurs may have lost."
It may seem incredulous given that the Spurs won by 15, but if the Spurs were to pass the ball to Duncan everytime down the court, and not allow Tony and Ginobili the room to create and initiate the offense, the Spurs will have a very tough time scoring. The fourth quarter was sparked by some incredible moves by Ginobili, and that alone could have put Ginobili as the most valuable player in last nights game.

MI21
06-10-2005, 09:08 AM
Hard to go past Manu last night, but Tim did have 24/17 and carried the team when they were in danger of being blown out. His interior defense was fantastic. Rasheed, Big Ben and McDyess combined to go 6-19 from the field, and not one of them was great on the boards. I'll call last night a tie, Manu's 4th quarter was so important to the series, that he gets extra credit for it after not showing up first half like Timmy.

gay abc
06-10-2005, 09:11 AM
i vote for co-mvp's - tim and manu

:smokin

MadDog73
06-10-2005, 09:19 AM
i vote for co-mvp's - tim and manu

:smokin

That would be sweet, but it won't happen :(

pjjrfan
06-10-2005, 10:05 AM
I sure hope so, I firmly believe that Manu is on the verge of stepping up to the next level of stardom, not yet a superstar, but a perennial all star, a guy who makes a difference in every single game he is involved in, throughout the year, Manu's game wasn't quite this good, but since game 2 of the Denver series, Manu has been the man, at times aiding Tim's super efforts, at times, carrying the team himself, at times bringing energy and hustle to get others started, just doing things to help the team.

nkdlunch
06-10-2005, 10:06 AM

or... if he owns every 4th quarter in this series like game1

smeagol
06-10-2005, 10:12 AM
but since game 2 of the Denver series, Manu has been the man, at times aiding Tim's super efforts, at times, carrying the team himself, at times bringing energy and hustle to get others started, just doing things to help the team.
May I remind you that even though we lost Game 1 of that series, Manu was our best player, scoring 23 pts.

Das Texan
06-10-2005, 11:14 AM
if tim and manu have semi similar stats....

manu will win it cause the nba will want him to win it.

Rummpd
06-10-2005, 11:21 AM
I said this a week ago but also it is hard to argue that Duncan was Duncan!

wildbill2u
06-10-2005, 11:39 AM

Those are all good stats and facts and possiblities--but MVP player can have something else, something intangible but real--the ability to energize and uplift his teammates with incredible plays and demonstrations of heart.

Timmy has that ability. Manu has that ability--but his demonstrations are so much more visible because of their absolutely grandiose scale, that I think he will win it if the Spurs win the Finals and he continues to amaze and delight the fans. :elephant

Dave McNulla
06-10-2005, 01:59 PM
yeah, and i bet tony would have been the finals mvp two years ago if he'd have kept up his first game performance, but he didn't and wasn't.

dbreiden83080
06-10-2005, 04:29 PM
All in all they were equals last night, Timmy should pretty much to that every game since they are not going to double him, Manu will have more trouble in the 4th on sun they are really going to key in on him.