PDA

View Full Version : job problem

thispego
06-02-2011, 10:39 AM
need advice from the smart people on spurstalk only, please, thank you.

So I thinkk I've bragged a few times on here that I've got a shit load of speeding tickets and justified it by saying for only $1-$2 a day I can drive as fast as I want, anywhere I want.

Well, the speeding tickets have finally caught up to bite me in the ass. I've recently been denied employment at two kick-ass jobs due to my driving record.

What pisses me off is that government agencies only go back 3 years and in the past 3 years I have had 4 speeding tickets. According to my Complete driving record that I got from TDPS online, I only have about 7 speeding tickets in 11 years of driving... not bad considering about 6 have seemingly dropped off my record. It also shows one crash in 2006, minor fender bender that was technically my fault and was a claim on my insurance. As well as 1 DWI, 8 years ago when I was 19. Neither of the jobs I was denied employment at give a shit about the DWI (I think) because it happened so long ago and it was classified as class b misdemeanor, and I've since passed a risk assessment through Texas Dept of Family and Protective Services.

So it pisses me off that 4 little speeding tickets are preventing me from getting a job that I have EARNED. The first one is at a regional Mental Health Mental Rehab, I can understand their point of view because I'd sometimes be driving their vehicles and their patients, they'd have to insure me while I'm on the clock and going back 3 years in my driving record, they can only abide 3 or less points... I have 4 points on my record in the last 3 years. Understandable. They say to come back in January when the fourth point drops off and the job is yours. Great.

The second job was at a Consumer Direct company and I would never drive their vehicle or their customers. The job was as good as mine, I thought it was a done deal, I was heading to Austin this weekend to meet with them on Monday to sign papers and officially be hired... until i get a bullshit email from their program director bitch yesterday saying:

Hi thispego, Unfortunately, we will not be able to consider you for employment at this time due to your driving record.

Take Care,
Ima Bitch

What the fuck?!?!?1 I could understand MHMR's stance on it, but these assholes have no reason to care about my driving record if it's simple speeding tickets. So I call her up and she's talking to me as if I wasted their time, Like I should have known that 4 speeding tickets in 3 years would render me unhirable. Ima Bitch was like blah blah blah well past behavior is an indicator of future behavior blah blah blah. I was like SPEEDING??!?!?! speeding is a behavior I'm destined to repeat? I had a feeling she was talking about the DWI but she was specific about the speeding violations. Anyways, she was very uppity and rude as if I had douched them over, but I feel it was they who had douched me. I gave them everything they needed to complete my background, criminal, employment and driving history checks and was up-front with them about EVERYTHING. Then she has the nerve to act like I inconvenienced THEM.

Am I right to be pissed off, Spurstalk?

I now have to continue with my slave labor at the RTC I work at for the remainder of the year, and it fuckin SUCKS there. I get battered and bruised every day containing and fighting with little bastards for slightly more than minimum wage. I'm super pissed.

What do the non-dummies think of all this.

Blake
06-02-2011, 10:51 AM
The second job was at a Consumer Direct company and I would never drive their vehicle or their customers.

Would you be driving your own vehicle on company dime/time?

thispego
06-02-2011, 10:53 AM
yes, I'd be driving my own vehicle with full insurance coverage, that, yes, I pay out the ass for because of my moving violations.

they'd offer mileage reimbursement

GoodOdor
06-02-2011, 11:12 AM
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Blake
06-02-2011, 11:23 AM
yes, I'd be driving my own vehicle with full insurance coverage, that, yes, I pay out the ass for because of my moving violations.

google "respondeat superior"

probably why they are worried about employee driving records

CosmicCowboy
06-02-2011, 11:25 AM

bingo

Even if you are driving your own vehicle with your own insurance but are on company business the company would have legal liability in the event of an accident. Their insurance company said no. Also keep in mind that more and more companies are running credit reports on applicants and blacklisting those with no/slow pay as being irresponsible.

bejanicek
06-02-2011, 11:26 AM
stop speeding or don't get caught speeding. Problem solved :)

Dex
06-02-2011, 11:30 AM
I've never heard of being turned down for non-driving positions because of your driving record, but I guess I could see how several infractions of the same nature could be an indictment of character.

So I thinkk I've bragged a few times on here that I've got a shit load of speeding tickets and justified it by saying for only $1-$2 a day I can drive as fast as I want, anywhere I want.

Who would've thought this logic would let you down?

Dex
06-02-2011, 11:31 AM
And yeah, if you haven't dropped at least $30 bucks for one of these at this point, then you need to do yourself a favor.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41JRY6wcgEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

thispego
06-02-2011, 11:35 AM
bingo

Even if you are driving your own vehicle with your own insurance but are on company business the company would have legal liability in the event of an accident. Their insurance company said no. Also keep in mind that more and more companies are running credit reports on applicants and blacklisting those with no/slow pay as being irresponsible.

but i only have the one accident in 11 years of driving. Are they penalized even if I get moving violation?

thispego
06-02-2011, 11:37 AM
And yeah, if you haven't dropped at least $30 bucks for one of these at this point, then you need to do yourself a favor.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41JRY6wcgEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I made a new years resolution to not speed anymore in 2010, if I had not been driving at 7 in the morning and realized school zone speed limit was enforced at 7am on the dot, I would only have 3 tickets in the last 3 years.

no more speeding for this guy, just not worth it.

thispego
06-02-2011, 11:37 AM
google "respondeat superior"

probably why they are worried about employee driving records

I'll read up on this real quick, thanks blake

pawe
06-02-2011, 11:39 AM

What do you expect from a speeding, mimimum wage earning dumbass who shit on other posters but he himself is a fucking loser all along?

Cue the smart reply.

thispego
06-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Historically, this doctrine was applied in master/servant or employer/employee relationships. If the employee or servant committed a civil wrong against a third party, the master or employer could be liable for the acts of their servant or employee when those acts were committed within the scope of the relationship

There are three considerations generally:

1.Was the act committed within the time and space limits of the agency?
2.Was the offense incidental to, or of the same general nature as, the responsibilities the agent is authorized to perform?
3.Was the agent motivated to any degree to benefit the principal by committing the act?

The degree to which these are answered in the affirmative will dictate the degree to which the doctrine can be applied.

thispego
06-02-2011, 11:41 AM
good call blake, makes more sense now, still dumb though

thispego
06-02-2011, 11:42 AM
What do you expect from a speeding, mimimum wage earning dumbass who shit on other posters but he himself is a fucking loser all along?

Cue the smart reply.

I've only recently started earning minimum wage because I wanted to gain experience in the field I want to have a career in. at RTC's you never work there for the money,

lol pawe
lol fucking loser
lol dumbass

Chomag
06-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Times have changed, and allot of companies now even run a credit check on you. I'm guessing the driving record check is also part of them character profiling you, so even if the job you are applying does not require you to do any driving for them they check it anyway.

Recently I myself had to get a new job after 15 years from an old one, and I was very shocked how much the interview process has changed.

coyotes_geek
06-02-2011, 11:43 AM

No. Your driving record is a potential liability to them.

GoodOdor
06-02-2011, 11:44 AM
minimum wage:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

thispego
06-02-2011, 11:44 AM

the logic didnt let me down, it still holds true. set aside $2 a day and you can pay for your speeding tickets and hike in insurance and drive as fast as you want, anywhere you want. it's airtight :lol

thispego
06-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Times have changed, and allot of companies now even run a credit check on you. I'm guessing the driving record check is also part of them character profiling you, so even if the job you are applying does not require you to do any driving for them they check it anyway.

Recently I myself had to get a new job after 15 years from an old one, and I was very shocked how much the interview process has changed.

yeah, i never had any problems until these last two jobs I mentioned. Crazy and unexpected, but I learned something new. Yet another reason to not speed anymore. It should all be good by the new year. lesson learned the hard way, i guess.

thispego
06-02-2011, 11:47 AM
No. Your driving record is a potential liability to them.

:tu

getting less and less pissed off about it as this thread goes on.

pawe
06-02-2011, 11:54 AM
I've only recently started earning minimum wage because I wanted to gain experience in the field I want to have a career in. at RTC's you never work there for the money,

lol pawe
lol fucking loser
lol dumbass

I just bought a colt .45 new agent with crimson trace grips and an Ed Brown Kobra Carry with genuine elephant ivory bobtail grips just a week ago..2 expensive guns in 1 day.
That's like 2 months of your salary that I just wasted on something that will just be stashed away.
Life is goooooood when you are rich and can afford things like these anytime.

See how it feels like when you shit on other posters? Dont be a jerk to other people next time.

thispego
06-02-2011, 11:56 AM
I just bought a colt .45 new agent with crimson trace grips and an Ed Brown Kobra Carry with genuine elephant ivory bobtail grips just a week ago..2 expensive guns in 1 day.
That's like 2 months of your salary that I just wasted on something that will just be stashed away.
Life is goooooood when you are rich and can afford things like these anytime.

See how it feels like when you shit on other posters? Dont be a jerk to other people next time.

:lol you're probably twice my age, too. I'll be looking down on you from my pedestal when I'm 50. Shit, when I'm 40.... just payin my dues in the mean time

pawe
06-02-2011, 11:56 AM

getting less and less pissed off about it as this thread goes on.

I'll be the guy who'll pull you back to reality. :toast

thispego
06-02-2011, 12:03 PM
I'll be the guy who'll pull you back to reality. :toast

Please do :toast

Reality is good to me, for the most part.

pawe
06-02-2011, 12:09 PM
:lol you're probably twice my age, too. I'll be looking down on you from my pedestal when I'm 50. Shit, when I'm 40.... just payin my dues in the mean time

Im 30. It's just my 5th yr here in the USA. So, I have to establish a life, learn to speak english properly, build up my credit score, register a business name, get a house, paid off my entry level (cheapest mb model) c class mercedes with reiger setup in 2 yrs (2005 model paid off 2007).
I gave you a 20 yr headstart and you still lag behind.

I dont care if Im bragging but you are one of the ST members I find to be so rude and ruthless to people who dont deserve it.

You will not amount into anything if you keep on doing what you are doing right now, trust me. Know the future consequences of your actions and maybe, you can find a job that you can be thankful for instead of bitching and insulting a worker who only based his decision on dumbass things you did. It's all about attitude, you are not entitled to anything.

GoodOdor
06-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Earning minimum wage at 27.......someone should go sit with jacob on the suicide tree.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-02-2011, 12:18 PM
0TqW5miEfI8

thispego
06-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Im 30. It's just my 5th yr here in the USA. So, I have to establish a life, learn to speak english properly, build up my credit score, register a business name, get a house, paid off my entry level (cheapest mb model) c class mercedes with reiger setup in 2 yrs (2005 model paid off 2007).
I gave you a 20 yr headstart and you still lag behind.

I dont care if Im bragging but you are one of the ST members I find to be so rude and ruthless to people who dont deserve it. .

What do you do, may I ask?

You will not amount into anything if you keep on doing what you are doing right now, trust me. Know the future consequences of your actions and maybe, you can find a job that you can be thankful for instead of bitching and insulting a worker who only based his decision on dumbass things you did. It's all about attitude, you are not entitled to anything.

Do you know what I'm doing right now?

I would have never thought, in a million years, that speeding tickets would prevent future employment.

I'm thankful for every job I have and have had.

Speeding is a dumbass thing? I dont really think so, but to each his own.

I am entitled when I've been busting my ass at tough but necessary jobs. Not everyone is capable or willing to do what I do right now and my residential treatment center, you, too, should not be so quick to judge.

thispego
06-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Earning minimum wage at 27.......someone should go sit with jacob on the suicide tree.

need advice from the smart people on spurstalk only, please, thank you.

GoodOdor
06-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Do you know what I'm doing right now?

I would have never thought, in a million years, that speeding tickets would prevent future employment.

I'm thankful for every job I have and have had.

Speeding is a dumbass thing? I dont really think so, but to each his own.

I am entitled when I've been busting my ass at tough but necessary jobs. Not everyone is capable or willing to do what I do right now and my residential treatment center, you, too, should not be so quick to judge.:(:(:(:(:(

TE
06-02-2011, 12:24 PM
I hope you're not one of those retards that causes the San Antonio area to look like a fucking Reynosa derby.
:lol speeding.

Just don't speed. As far as your job problem goes, wait for the point deduction and then apply for the same opening or of course, a different one.

Be patient.

Dex
06-02-2011, 12:27 PM
the logic didnt let me down, it still holds true. set aside $2 a day and you can pay for your speeding tickets and hike in insurance and drive as fast as you want, anywhere you want. it's airtight :lol

Yes, and no.

Sure, that $2 a day may cover the initial fine of the speeding ticket. But it's probably not going to cover the additional penalties levied once you get enough points on your record, the hiked insurance rates, and (apparently) lost employment opportunities, etc...

thispego
06-02-2011, 12:27 PM
I hope you're not one of those retards that causes the San Antonio area to look like a fucking Reynosa derby.
:lol speeding.

Just don't speed. As far as your job problem goes, wait for the point deduction and then apply for the same opening or of course, a different one.

Be patient.

I live in Lubbock, crazy thing is, for all the speeding tickets I have, I never got 2 in the same county. They are all highway speeding tickets, I'm on the road a lot of can get in a bit of a hurry with my lead foot, but I'm working on it. Only 1 speeding ticket in the last 2 years but 3 in 2009 :shootme

thispego
06-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Yes, and no.

Sure, that 2-dollars a day may cover the initial fine of the speeding ticket. But it's probably not going to cover the additional penalties levied once you get enough points on your record, the hiked insurance rates, and (apparently) lost employment opportunities.

yes, driver responsibility surcharge is my newest nemesis

i started a thread on it a while back

Axe Murderer
06-02-2011, 12:29 PM
good luck corso

and btw, what is this RTC place you work at? in lubbock?

Dex
06-02-2011, 12:30 PM
yes, driver responsibility surcharge is my newest nemesis

i started a thread on it a while back

My brother had to deal with it; Sounds like a load of crap. I'm just glad I fortunately got enough of my tickets dismissed to not have to worry about toeing that line.

thispego
06-02-2011, 12:30 PM
good luck corso

and btw, what is this RTC place you work at? in lubbock?

yeah, Canyon Lakes, you want a job? we need big dudes

Axe Murderer
06-02-2011, 12:34 PM
about a month ago i would've said yes.

tbh i have a summer job right now at the TEGA daycare on 82nd

thispego
06-02-2011, 12:34 PM
My brother had to deal with it; Sounds like a load of crap. I'm just glad I fortunately got enough of my tickets dismissed to not have to worry about toeing that line.

yep, had I known about it, I would have taken a couple more defensive driving classes. Also, had I know about the employment problems, I would have taken a few more defensive driving classes also and wiped a couple speeding tickets from my record. If only I knew then what I know now. :smchode:

thispego
06-02-2011, 12:39 PM
about a month ago i would've said yes.

tbh i have a summer job right now at the TEGA daycare on 82nd

LOL BUMP working at a daycare? I would have never dreamed :lol

Well, Canyon Lakes is always looking so lemme know.

ferg
06-02-2011, 12:39 PM
I am entitled when I've been busting my ass at tough but necessary jobs. Not everyone is capable or willing to do what I do right now and my residential treatment center, you, too, should not be so quick to judge.

that is your whole problem right there. you are not entitled to damn thing in this world except death. you pick your path with the decision's you make. you choose to speed. you choose to break the law. how is a company going to hire you and TRUST in you to follow their laws when you can't even follow the crap thats posted on signs on the side of the road? also, excessive speeding tickets could cause you to loose your CURRENT job. yeah might have "paid your dues" in your opinion, but, that may not be the views of other people within a company. also, i wonder about your history of disciplinary issues at your current job. you sure do seem quick to blame other people for your poor decision making abilities.

pawe
06-02-2011, 12:45 PM
I work in the healthcare field. I started working 17 hrs/day monday-saturday and 8 hrs sunday for 2 whole years so I know what you mean by hauling ass..BUT I did not complain, I did not insult anyone because even with me getting physically and mentally getting tired, I still dont have any idea what a real "busting my ass" really feels like.
One good tip I can give you that I learned overtime:
Work smart not hard.

Speeding is a "dumbass thing" for me because if I got ticketed for a speeding ticket, I would've not gotten my green card approved. Actually, anything negative you do will delay you 1-2 yrs in getting your paperworks done so of course, you cant work if you dont have legal papers.

If you cant get into a job that you wanted then fuck it, get another one..one that doesnt involve anything that prevented you from getting the job you wanted.
Dont be afraid of stepping out of your comfort zone.
Work in a hospital, start the lowest tier and while working, apply for education help. They usually promote internally anyway.

I have a degree in computer science and magically ended up in healthcare...i got promoted internally. Im a living example.

thispego
06-02-2011, 12:46 PM
that is your whole problem right there. you are not entitled to damn thing in this world except death. you pick your path with the decision's you make. you choose to speed. you choose to break the law. how is a company going to hire you and TRUST in you to follow their laws when you can't even follow the crap thats posted on signs on the side of the road? also, excessive speeding tickets could cause you to loose your CURRENT job. yeah might have "paid your dues" in your opinion, but, that may not be the views of other people within a company. also, i wonder about your history of disciplinary issues at your current job. you sure do seem quick to blame other people for your poor decision making abilities.

:lol i have a flawless work history and I highly encourage any prospective employer to contact ALL of my former employers to ask about me. If they actually took the time to do so, every place I applied would hire me. I bust my ass bro, whether it's for minimum wage or for 60k a year.

Once I complete my Masters I can sit pretty with my 6 figure salary and laugh at the people who didnt hire me :lol

my (past) propensity to speed really shouldnt matter, in my opinion. But yes, when you look at a group of applicants and only have their driving records in front of you, I may not look like the best option. Their loss for being so shortsighted.

thispego
06-02-2011, 12:52 PM
I work in the healthcare field. I started working 17 hrs/day monday-saturday and 8 hrs sunday for 2 whole years so I know what you mean by hauling ass..BUT I did not complain, I did not insult anyone because even with me getting physically and mentally getting tired, I still dont have any idea what a real "busting my ass" really feels like.
One good tip I can give you that I learned overtime:
Work smart not hard.

Speeding is a "dumbass thing" for me because if I got ticketed for a speeding ticket, I would've not gotten my green card approved. Actually, anything negative you do will delay you 1-2 yrs in getting your paperworks done so of course, you cant work if you dont have legal papers.

If you cant get into a job that you wanted then fuck it, get another one..one that doesnt involve anything that prevented you from getting the job you wanted.
Dont be afraid of stepping out of your comfort zone.
Work in a hospital, start the lowest tier and while working, apply for education help. They usually promote internally anyway.

I have a degree in computer science and magically ended up in healthcare...i got promoted internally. Im a living example.

That's really cool, I salute you. 17 hour days m-s and 8 hours on sunday for two years really is "busting your ass" in my opinion. You deserve what you have today, I have no doubt.

the difference in opinion is that I'm a US born citizen, and you're not, you've been walking on egg shells as far as the law goes since you've been here. I've been flauting the law since i was in highschool just because that's what kids do here. I never got in any major trouble, but i drank underage and I sped. Many have done much worse.

If I had your same motivations to not break the law, then i'd probably be in a lot better shape at this point in regards to this issue.

stretch
06-02-2011, 12:56 PM
sucks to hear, mike. hopefully things turn out better for you.

thispego
06-02-2011, 01:01 PM
they will, tenks stretch :tu

ALVAREZ6
06-02-2011, 01:02 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

thispego
06-02-2011, 01:03 PM
lol alvie

pawe
06-02-2011, 01:10 PM
the difference in opinion is that I'm a US born citizen, and you're not, you've been walking on egg shells as far as the law goes since you've been here. I've been flauting the law since i was in highschool just because that's what kids do here. I never got in any major trouble, but i drank underage and I sped. Many have done much worse.

If I had your same motivations to not break the law, then i'd probably be in a lot better shape at this point in regards to this issue.

I party up in the Philippines too. And its even much crazier there because we dont have DUI's, no underage drinking, no underage smoking, its basically anything goes sleep anywhere get shitfaced drunk til you die of alcohol poisoning type of party and police cant do shit.

I didnt have the motivation back then too because of what you said which is the easy accessiblity of alcohol and crazy friends.

Stepping out of your comfort zone is the only way to go if you really want to earn bigtime. Start fresh. Move to London! You can still post here anyway.
Now if you're content on just landing a good $15/hr job and assuming you're 28-35 then sorry to tell you but you are fucked..ASU just graduated 11,000 students this year.

thispego
06-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Nah, i'll be fine, I'll step out of my comfort zone for the interim, only because I feel like I have the requisite experience in the field I want my career to be in. Masters program is already underway so I should be back on top within the next couple of years.

Frenzy
06-02-2011, 01:19 PM
bingo

The company I use to work for would beg us to be careful when we had no choice but to drive out on company time. It was funny tbh. Felt like I was a teenager again like my mom was telling me "look both ways twice and don't speed" :lol

Blake
06-02-2011, 01:35 PM
I live in Lubbock, crazy thing is, for all the speeding tickets I have, I never got 2 in the same county. They are all highway speeding tickets, I'm on the road a lot of can get in a bit of a hurry with my lead foot, but I'm working on it. Only 1 speeding ticket in the last 2 years but 3 in 2009 :shootme

My last year at Tech I got a ticket coming down 84 outside of Snyder.

Doing 63 in a 55. Sucked ass.

Nathan Explosion
06-02-2011, 01:54 PM

You can speed all your want, until they revoke your license as a repeat offender. But go right ahead and think that speeding everywhere is the thing to do.

Oh, and when you have children, your tune will change REAL quick. I know mine did. I used to drive at least 50 or 15 miles over the limit, whichever was faster. Now you'll be lucky to catch me going more than 5 over the limit.

thispego
06-02-2011, 01:58 PM
the tickets have never caught up with me when it comes to being a repeat offender and having my license suspended because, like I said, I've never gotten a ticket in the same county twice. I also said in this thread that i decided in january 2010 that I was done speeding and that it wasnt worth it anymore.

Also I have a 16 month old and he didnt really change my opinion of speeding at all.

Soul_Patch
06-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Also I have a 16 month old and he didnt really change my opinion of speeding at all.

That's because you are a careless fool.

thispego
06-02-2011, 02:12 PM
That's because you are a careless fool.

yeah, ok :rolleyes.

did i ever say i got pulled over for going 20 over? on average I was 5-10 mph over the speed limit.

what a careless comment on your part :lmao

MannyIsGod
06-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Pego you just gave the people who hate you Christmas in June.

thispego
06-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Pego you just gave the people who hate you Christmas in June.

:lol yeah i just wanted the little people to know that I'm a real person with real problems, too.

thispego
06-02-2011, 03:07 PM
5'10 3/4 sup? :lol

thispego
06-02-2011, 03:12 PM
that's my height.

crew is good, we all live in different corners of the earth now.

i thought you said jt was dead? :lol

thispego
06-02-2011, 03:16 PM
shyeah right. dumbass is still probably in san marcos trying fruitlessly to graduate

stretch
06-02-2011, 04:04 PM
lubbock is for fags

thispego
06-02-2011, 04:06 PM
can't disagree, wish i didnt have to be here

Blake
06-02-2011, 04:09 PM
lubbock is for fags

gjI1Cub_ofo

lol Harrell

stretch
06-02-2011, 04:10 PM
can't disagree, wish i didnt have to be here

you should move to oklahoma city

gjI1Cub_ofo

lol Harrell

lol tech

lol greatest moment in tech history

lol facefucked by OU who got facefucked by tebow

thispego
06-02-2011, 04:14 PM
HEY! this is mah thread motherfuckers!

Axe Murderer
06-02-2011, 06:19 PM
lubbock is for fags

wanna fight?

DMC
06-02-2011, 06:30 PM
With your driving record, I wouldn't even let you ride with me.

RGMCSE
06-02-2011, 07:07 PM
What a little putito! He shits on everyone here and he's just a pendejo who hasn't grown up yet. It's funny that your arrogant attitude came back around and fucked you in the ass hard.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-02-2011, 07:13 PM
I got a speeding ticket last week going 75 in a 65, now at the end of the month I have to drive up to some pisshole city in between Phoenix and Tucson because the shithole city's best source of revenue is dinging college students for tickets driving to/from school.

badfish22
06-02-2011, 07:15 PM
^ Same thing happened to me around spring break. 80 in a 70. The shit was like $160.

Axe Murderer
06-02-2011, 07:19 PM
oh hi

thispego
06-02-2011, 07:33 PM
crofl thispego did they take into account your reckless disrespect of public servant via illegal use of horn?

did you tell them 'bout your tattoo?

rofl rofl, that wasnt on my driving record. I was kinda pissed about that.

Nah i didnt tell em about my tatoo. I feel like that would have only made matters worse :lol

thispego
06-02-2011, 07:35 PM
also crofl @ being from the phillipines

i could be rich too if i saved money by eating dog

shyeah, good point

thispego
06-02-2011, 07:37 PM
they wouldn't take him

genetically weak shoulders

:lmao

screws in my left shoulder from surgery. my right shoulder is downright herculean.

thispego
06-02-2011, 07:38 PM
What a little putito! He shits on everyone here and he's just a pendejo who hasn't grown up yet. It's funny that your arrogant attitude came back around and fucked you in the ass hard.

lol @ fucked me in the ass hard :lol

i'll be over this by January. No sweat off my sack!

<<<<<<<<<<STILL above the law.

thispego
06-02-2011, 07:40 PM
I got a speeding ticket last week going 75 in a 65, now at the end of the month I have to drive up to some pisshole city in between Phoenix and Tucson because the shithole city's best source of revenue is dinging college students for tickets driving to/from school.

that's bogus, i never had to go back to the city/county i got my ticket. I was always able to take care of it by phone/mail

thispego
06-02-2011, 07:42 PM
I ain't tryin to shit on my nig here but I always thought the speeding thing was pretty irresponsible and would bite u in the ass later on.

I thought it only bit you in the ass at the time. Pay the fine and on with life. I feel bad for people with real legal issues on their record. :wow

not that i feel bad for them, cause theyre criminals, but their future is fucked if they ever thought about trying to turn their life around.

RGMCSE
06-02-2011, 07:44 PM
lol @ fucked me in the ass hard :lol

i'll be over this by January. No sweat off my sack!

<<<<<<<<<<STILL above the law.

Good luck dumbass! :lol

ChumpDumper
06-02-2011, 07:44 PM
There is no place worth speeding to in Lubbock.

thispego
06-02-2011, 07:46 PM
There is no place worth speeding to in Lubbock.

got popped at 7 in the morning when school zone went into effect with noone on the road on my way home from work. Fuckin cop.

thispego
06-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Good luck dumbass! :lol

ok

-Rob

ashbeeigh
06-02-2011, 08:29 PM
As you know employers are required to carry insurance for their employers. For jobs that require driving they have some snazzy insurance. When I worked as a foster care case manager they carried some hefty insurance and required us, as individuals to carry something like 500,000 in total of liability. We also provided them with driving records and insurance.

That being said...employers, especially those that have employees that drive for work (and within case management...right? you'll be doing a lot of that..). It could be that the organization's insurance policy wouldn't cover the tickets. Not the fact that you dodged them that long.

thispego
06-02-2011, 08:32 PM
dodged what?

ashbeeigh
06-02-2011, 08:33 PM
dodged what?

the tickets. whatever. I don't know. Forget I gave you advice.

thispego
06-02-2011, 08:35 PM
:lol

ashbeeigh
06-02-2011, 08:39 PM
I just quit. For real. Ha. But, does what I said make a bit of sense? Your tickets are a liability to cover?

Greg Oden
06-02-2011, 09:28 PM
I had a pretty bad stretch about a year and a half ago where I got like 3 speeding tickets and 2 seatbelt tickets (both within a mile from my house) in a 5 month span. Been ridin clean ever since tho, tbh imho.

pawe
06-02-2011, 09:31 PM
also crofl @ being from the phillipines

i could be rich too if i saved money by eating dog

Dogs are more expensive than ribeye steak so, no you wont be able to save big and shit on pego by eating dog meat.

thispego
06-02-2011, 09:35 PM
lol paying for dog meat with all those strays running around

thispego
06-02-2011, 09:38 PM
I just quit. For real. Ha. But, does what I said make a bit of sense? Your tickets are a liability to cover?

no, not a lick. i guess, technically, I (with my driving record) am the liability to cover. Though the consumer direct company doesnt insure their employees so I dont know what their deal was with my driving record.

you quit your case manager job? why?

thispego
06-02-2011, 09:40 PM
I had a pretty bad stretch about a year and a half ago where I got like 3 speeding tickets and 2 seatbelt tickets (both within a mile from my house) in a 5 month span. Been ridin clean ever since tho, tbh imho.

you be outta luck if you're looking for gov regulated job within the next 3 years

Greg Oden
06-02-2011, 10:30 PM
:lol they were all taken off my record once they were paid, tbh.

lil'mo
06-02-2011, 10:36 PM
:lol they were all taken off my record once they were paid, tbh.

you must be mistaken. only way to get a speeding ticket off your record is to take defensive driving

Cant_Be_Faded
06-02-2011, 11:01 PM
looks like pego gonhave to meet up with that olllll parole officer

lil'mo
06-02-2011, 11:06 PM
i heard that dude's above the law

ploto
06-03-2011, 12:27 AM
You really do not see how your driving record might indicate to a potential employer a kind of recklessness and disregard for following rules?

thispego
06-03-2011, 12:31 AM
You really do not see how your driving record might indicate to a potential employer a kind of recklessness and disregard for following rules?

Are they only considering my drivng record? Or are they also looking at criminal history, employment history, education, credit check, etc?

gospursgojas
06-03-2011, 01:25 AM

Pissed at yourself? Yes.

Stop speeding and stop thinking you're smarter than you are in saving 2 dollars a day and use that money to supplement your min wage job. Learn your lesson and change your ways.

gospursgojas
06-03-2011, 01:26 AM

Are they only considering my drivng record? Or are they also looking at criminal history, employment history, education, credit check, etc?

Sorry I'm late, got pulled over for speeding.

Sorry I can't come to work today bc I'm dead from speeding.

ALVAREZ6
06-03-2011, 02:17 AM
lol seems pretty damn obvious doesn't it but thispego is clearly above everyone else :lol

GoodOdor
06-03-2011, 02:26 AM
look at me speeding, im so cool:hat

oh noes now I cant has good job and I work minimum wage at 27:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed

JoeChalupa
06-03-2011, 07:55 AM
Even bad credit will cost you a job these days. It isn't all about the resume or what you've "earned".

Das Texan
06-03-2011, 09:33 AM
I think I took defensive driving 4 times in 2008.

Torso
06-03-2011, 09:36 AM
you just can't do things like that!

pawe
06-03-2011, 10:45 AM
crofl @ obese and nonamerican spurstalkers trying to shit on thispego for taking a minimum wage job in his field of specialty while he works on his master's degree in said field of specialty

he coulda jess called it an internship and then you'd all be taking golden showers

and also crofl at ashbeeigh for not reading the whole thread before giving her nongermane take

lol pego's cock lover.
Make sure you swallow so you dont have to use napkins saving pego some money. Naiintindihan mo ba sinasabi ko, bwakanang ina mo ulul ka.

FatBeaner
06-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Naiintindihan mo ba sinasabi ko, bwakanang ina mo ulul ka.

speaka da engrish.

lil'mo
06-03-2011, 02:31 PM
he thinks he took it 4 times. i think he is misthinking.

Das Texan
06-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Undoubtly the small counties in Texas dont bother to see whats going on in other counties and dont talk to each other.

None rejected my taking of defensive driving. All let me off with nothing on my record.

So yes I took it like 4 times in 2008.

Das Texan
06-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Actually I take that back, I think I had a deferred adjudication one of the times that the dumbass lawyer I hired to take care of did it some 2 months after I paid them and was supposed to have shown up in court. So instead of being on probation for 3 months in San Antonio, it was basically for 5.

Wont use those fuckers again.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-03-2011, 06:22 PM
It's pretty funny how people in this thread act like having speeding tickets is some kind of indictment on one's character.

Das Texan
06-03-2011, 07:32 PM
I think a lot of it stems from the OP basically thumbing his nose at getting them a while back.

pawe
06-03-2011, 09:30 PM
ikaw ay filipino, kaya't ikaw ay may isang maliit na titi.

fuck you :lol
Good one! :toast

thispego
06-04-2011, 02:48 AM
I think a lot of it stems from the OP basically thumbing his nose at getting them a while back.

uh, yeah, they're speeding tickets...

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-04-2011, 08:33 AM
:madrun:madrun:madrun if you like driving fast and getting where you need to be quicker you are a shitty person who will suck at his job :madrun:madrun:madrun

AmericanWoman
06-04-2011, 09:37 AM
:madrun:madrun:madrun if you like driving fast and getting where you need to be quicker you are a shitty person who will suck at his job :madrun:madrun:madrun

He's more than likely a quickie in bed too.

AmericanWoman
06-04-2011, 09:38 AM
It's pretty funny how people in this thread act like having speeding tickets is some kind of indictment on one's character.

Apparently some employer's believe it to be.

thispego
06-04-2011, 09:41 AM
He's more than likely a quickie in bed too.

Todd Cleary
06-04-2011, 12:31 PM
crofl @ obese and nonamerican spurstalkers trying to shit on thispego for taking a minimum wage job in his field of specialty while he works on his master's degree in said field of specialty

he coulda jess called it an internship and then you'd all be taking golden showers

and also crofl at ashbeeigh for not reading the whole thread before giving her nongermane take

crofl at your brother asking JT for heroin

Todd Cleary
06-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Undoubtly the small counties in Texas dont bother to see whats going on in other counties and dont talk to each other.

None rejected my taking of defensive driving. All let me off with nothing on my record.

So yes I took it like 4 times in 2008.

A few years ago I even got tickets in 3 different cities in the SAME county in texas. Plano, Murphy, and McKinney. All within like a month. Did defensive driving for all 3 :lol The city and/or county doesn't give a fuck about all that shit, they just want their money.

Axe Murderer
06-04-2011, 01:35 PM
I feel bd for anyone who takes heroin even once, addict or not

Axe Murderer
06-04-2011, 01:35 PM
I feel bad for anyone who takes heroin even once, addict or not

DMC
06-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Here's the real deal, brougham: They don't sit around and debate on whether you are worthy of the job. They filter out risks in advance of that shit. The more people that apply, the stronger the filter can be. So, if there was a desperate need, you might get hired anyhow, but when it's a choice between your inability to obey traffic laws and the dude next to you who has a clean driving record, they are going go with him instead of you.

Again, it's not a knock on you, it's just a form of discrimination based on a few things like maturity and common sense. Don't sweat it. There are plenty fast food joints that need window help.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Apparently some employer's believe it to be.
Either JoeChalupa or mouse owns this troll, and neither one is the least bit funny

Wild Cobra
06-04-2011, 06:55 PM
no, not a lick. i guess, technically, I (with my driving record) am the liability to cover. Though the consumer direct company doesnt insure their employees so I dont know what their deal was with my driving record.

you quit your case manager job? why?

Even if you are not the cause of an accident, and get in one while driving for your employer, a smart lawyer for the opposition will dig your records out. You would be a liability to your employer, making it easier for them to be sued some big money.

I once once in a Jury of a similar case. A private individual was suing a company because of an accident they got in with their driver.

symple19
06-05-2011, 08:49 AM
i_srC8ZcdJA

ALVAREZ6
06-05-2011, 02:37 PM
lmao this thread is like karma to me...the other day the first time I read it, I realized I have never had a run in with the law despite breaking many laws, never even been pulled over even though I should have been at times when cops were present and I usually drive over the limit...but the luck finally ran out. Late friday night, technically yesterday, I was handed a citation for disorderly conduct, and the report is pretty funny :lol

thispego
06-05-2011, 04:06 PM
What's the report? We'll judge whether it's funny or not!

thispego
06-05-2011, 04:07 PM
I feel bd for anyone who takes heroin even once, addict or not

I agree

Kyle Orton
06-05-2011, 05:12 PM
:lol typical Tucson police, my friend's house gets broken into last night and his car got jacked, and it took the cops 2 fuckin hours to get to his house.....god only knows how many tickets were given out in that two hour span.

redzero
06-05-2011, 05:22 PM
:lol typical Tucson police, my friend's house gets broken into last night and his car got jacked, and it took the cops 2 fuckin hours to get to his house.....god only knows how many tickets were given out in that two hour span.

It's your friend's fault for not moving his house somewhere else. You'll understand when you are older.

Kyle Orton
06-05-2011, 05:49 PM
It's your friend's fault for not moving his house somewhere else. You'll understand when you are older.

Kyle Orton
06-05-2011, 06:03 PM
It's a great deal for the students. Everyone has to pay a UAPD fee every semester for tuition so UAPD can "keep students safe". Instead, we pay a UAPD fee to fund a police department that's hell bent on giving the students who's tuition is paying their salary as many tickets and violations as possible. I'm glad they make me pay that fee every semester so when my car gets broken into I'm told it's not important enough for an officer to be dispatched.

Pick of Destiny
06-05-2011, 06:29 PM
this is for them pathetic ass pigs who have nothing better to do than go around pretending to be hard pulling over and fucking with otherwise law abiding citizens

IG4Yr8kHVqc

If they were law abiding they wouldn't get pulled over for speeding.

DMC
06-05-2011, 10:41 PM
If they were law abiding they wouldn't get pulled over for speeding.

It's not their fault they are speeding. It's society's fault. Why should they have to obey traffic laws? I mean, shouldn't each person have individual freedom to interpret and apply laws as they see fit? If a person is in a hurry to get somewhere, shouldn't they be allowed to speed? It's not hurting anyone. So what they had a few beers, big deal. They drive better after a few beers anyhow, it relaxes them.

Cops are just too aggressive and unfair to young people.

thispego
06-05-2011, 11:02 PM
I was once ticketed for illegal use of horn.

ALVAREZ6
06-05-2011, 11:04 PM
I was once ticketed for illegal use of horn.

lmao use of vuvuzela horn is actually one of the parts included in my recent citation

Fillmoe
06-06-2011, 01:53 AM
lol @ this nigga crying about a minimum wage job in shithole TX...

1) stop speeding idiot
2) get an education
3) STFU

thispego
06-06-2011, 07:59 AM
Lol read the thread before trying to comment, idiot

thispego
06-06-2011, 08:02 AM
lmao use of vuvuzela horn is actually one of the parts included in my recent citation

It already doesn't sound funny brah

TheInternets
06-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Wots your MS going to be in, thispego?

JoeChalupa
06-06-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm looking for a PT job to save up some cash for when my oldest starts college. Glad my driving record is clean.

JoeChalupa
06-06-2011, 02:22 PM
probably has a plain mustard stain on it imho

You know I still don't get the reference to the plain mustard that so many make. Should I google it? Not that it matters.

JoeChalupa
06-06-2011, 02:39 PM
there's nothing to google, you just like plain mustard on your hotdogs, mr personality

meh

thispego
06-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Wots your MS going to be in, thispego?

Counseling psychology

thispego
06-06-2011, 08:44 PM
meh

you should try the spicy brown mustard, deli style, tbh